PDA

View Full Version : M1A1 Thompson glitched

MiscreantMike
03-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Ok so I've been unlocking pretty much every gun early e.g. M1A1 Thompson, MP-412 Rex, M93R Burst, USAS-12 Auto, etc. The problem is, I can't get a bronze star with the Thompson.
I've used the Thompson on all my classes and I've had loads of kills with it but when I go to the Weapons and Gadgets screen on Multiplayer from the Main Menu it says I've got no kills? With every other gun I've unlocked early I've been able to get that kill count up.
It's annoyed me because it means I can't get the insignia for having bronze star on all weapons, which I'm quite close to.
Is this happening for anyone else?

David x360a
03-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Haven't used it much myself, but I have noticed a lot of other posts about the same problem. I'm sure DICE are aware of it by now, and I hope they will fix it in a coming update.

Barad
03-23-2010, 09:33 PM
I got about 10 kills with a Thompson in a round but the stats didn't update on the menu in game :/ so its says 0 and online on stats-o-matic it says I haven't used this weapon yet. :/

Chuppernicus
03-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Gosh Boys this is the first I've heard of this!

Kirbster117
03-23-2010, 10:00 PM
There is a glitch with the thompson which the stats don't record at all and the M1 Garand where the kills count for the thompson... Don't know why but they should patch this fairly soon I hope

DarkCrown
03-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Maybe because the game think you haven't unlock the weapons? or when you'll reach the proper rank to unlock it (something like .. 16?) all the kills will appears :/

I also don't have any kills with my M1A1 and i'm sure i've kill a couple guys with it

For those who don't have that game unlock , can you tell us at which rank you are suppose to unlock it?

Also

When I look at my Resupply kit , I have 0 ressuply , but have the insigna for 100 resupply .. weird

Covo2010
03-23-2010, 10:20 PM
I have gotten at least a 100 kills with the Thompson and it says I still have 0 you aint alone.

MediumMelanin
03-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah, it's not registering any kills...but the only way to unlock stars for the WWII M1A1 Thompson is by acquiring kills with the WWII M1 Garand...which I now have! =) FTW!

Barad
03-24-2010, 10:08 PM
I have gotten at least a 100 kills with the Thompson and it says I still have 0 you aint alone.

That must be annoying :/

FingeredPope
03-25-2010, 02:43 AM
There is a glitch with the thompson which the stats don't record at all and the M1 Garand where the kills count for the thompson... Don't know why but they should patch this fairly soon I hope
I always wondered why I would get SMG pins for the Garand, and now I know. Personally I think the Thompson is a little overpowered, but thats just my .02 dollars.

darksteppin
03-25-2010, 03:04 AM
same boat here......I use the thompson all the time and it says I have zero kills with it. I never noticed until I just read this thread so I guess I'll stop using it till it gets worked out.

TALINKINMAN
03-26-2010, 05:27 PM
It is my last bronze star please update as soon as anyone hears anything I'm sitting on 3 insignias cause of this

KILLBOT
03-28-2010, 02:49 PM
It is my last bronze star please update as soon as anyone hears anything I'm sitting on 3 insignias cause of this

Same here.

I`m rank 31 so unlocked the Thompson through leveling up rather than through the LE version of the game so we can confirm that this glitch affects us all.

I also can`t unlock the Garand because I changed mt GT awhile ago EA online won`t give me Vet status for 1943, but that`s anothher story.

Kirbster117
03-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Getting annoyed because this stops me from getting two of the insigs... Ah well, lets hope they resolve it by the time I've done as many other the others as possible

dae giovanni
03-28-2010, 04:49 PM
i've posted all over the boards by now, but add me. my Thompson kills aren't counting either.

and although i've gotten both the overall and the squad resupply patches, when i look at the 'ammob' details, it shows zero resupplies.

DarkCrown
03-29-2010, 12:59 AM
i've posted all over the boards by now, but add me. my Thompson kills aren't counting either.

and although i've gotten both the overall and the squad resupply patches, when i look at the 'ammob' details, it shows zero resupplies.

I also have that resupply problem , but at least I got the pin :)

ReklezZTrini
03-29-2010, 01:16 AM
Same here.

I`m rank 31 so unlocked the Thompson through leveling up rather than through the LE version of the game so we can confirm that this glitch affects us all.

I also can`t unlock the Garand because I changed mt GT awhile ago EA online won`t give me Vet status for 1943, but that`s anothher story.

no one has status for 1943... and you have to go to personas on your ea account and change your gamertag...

Ry8an25oliver93
03-29-2010, 01:30 AM
To get stars for the Thompson you have to get kills with the M1 Garand. i.e. The kills that you get with Garand don't count for the Garand they count for the Thompson and the Thompson kills don't count towards anything. Therefore it is impossible to get any stars for the M1 Garand and thus impossible to get all the insignias in the game.

Chuppernicus
03-29-2010, 03:55 AM
To get stars for the Thompson you have to get kills with the M1 Garand. i.e. The kills that you get with Garand don't count for the Garand they count for the Thompson and the Thompson kills don't count towards anything. Therefore it is impossible to get any stars for the M1 Garand and thus impossible to get all the insignias in the game.

This is true. I have all bronze stars except the M1.(sorta) I am a vet and have had the M1 from the start. I picked up 26 kills with the MI and received a bronze star for the M1A1 Thompson. Still no kills counting for actually using the M1A1. I'm sure this will be fixed in time.

iBlessing 09
03-29-2010, 06:35 AM
I've used it a few times and I don't think it says I have any kills, I'm not getting that Insignia so it doesn't affect me.

TALINKINMAN
03-29-2010, 08:34 AM
To help increase your veteran status sign up for battlefield heroes its a free online pc game that goes toward ur veteran

iBlessing 09
03-29-2010, 02:13 PM
To help increase your veteran status sign up for battlefield heroes its a free online pc game that goes toward ur veteran
Thanks for that, I need more.