PDA

View Full Version : Best spec. to use with the UAV and tanks?

xD12xSTicKNasTY
03-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Just wondering what specialization you guys use with these 2 vehicles the most. For the UAV I pretty much always use the quick reload, and sometimes the alt. weapon. It's the same with the tanks too. What do you guys use the most? I'm looking at changing it up and finding a new favorite.

Daggra
03-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Pretty much the same as you, haha. I prefer quick reload, but also like alt. fire. I also like the extended zoom on the tank, it's perfect for long range mortaring.

InsaneKane87
03-24-2010, 01:36 AM
If im on UAV i usually use smoke to throw down where my team is going so the enemy team dont see them get to the crate. Quick Re-load for the tank.

Soviet x
03-24-2010, 04:38 AM
Quick reload or Alt. fire with the UAV. And the Optic or Quick reload on tanks. You can get rediculous range with the optics.

JesusBread
03-24-2010, 05:46 AM
My favorite is the ammunition upgrade (the one that makes explosions better) for the UAV. It makes taking down houses so easy. I can take down any small/medium size house in 4 hits with a UAV like this. Got me 2 Demolition 2.0 kills using that today :).

I usually use the same thing for the tank only because I rarely use the tank and it's set as my default vehicle upgrade. If I'm ever in the tank, I use the turret and am an engineer. Otherwise, I never use the tank.

Cypher_Cobra
03-24-2010, 08:29 AM
It's all situational.

If you're in an IFV and you actually have friends that need team work? Then you need the smoke screen, drop off soldiers and smoke the area to cover them.

Fighting other armored threats in an IFV? Then you need Alt Weapon for the TOW missile.

Got the UAV and you're fighting in a forest like Nelson Bay? Equip Vehicle sensors and reveal the entire enemies locations.

Using the T-90 at the first base of Port Valdez? Use Optic Scope and fire from maximum distance to ensure your safety.

Defending Arica Harbor at the 2nd base? Alt Weapon for focus vs infantry, Warheads for Anti-Tank, Vehicle Sensors to detect enemies hiding in buildings, Vehicle Armor to hold down the streets, Reload Time for hybrid firepower vs armor threats and soldiers.

When it comes to vehicle perks every one of them have solid uses. Getting into the mindset of choosing only 1 or 2 specs cripples your versatility and problem solving.

RadiantViper
03-24-2010, 10:57 AM
I use most of them but my favourite is by far Alt Weapon. Just easier to get more kills with both the UAV and tanks with it.

guillermo316
03-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Alternate Fire! FtWS

smellypotatoes
04-07-2010, 11:37 PM
v alt w with uav so u get machine gun and with tank idrk cuz i dont use em alot. id rather rush with my sv98 no scoping lol

Chuppernicus
04-08-2010, 04:22 AM
It's all situational.

If you're in an IFV and you actually have friends that need team work? Then you need the smoke screen, drop off soldiers and smoke the area to cover them.

Fighting other armored threats in an IFV? Then you need Alt Weapon for the TOW missile.

Got the UAV and you're fighting in a forest like Nelson Bay? Equip Vehicle sensors and reveal the entire enemies locations.

Using the T-90 at the first base of Port Valdez? Use Optic Scope and fire from maximum distance to ensure your safety.

Defending Arica Harbor at the 2nd base? Alt Weapon for focus vs infantry, Warheads for Anti-Tank, Vehicle Sensors to detect enemies hiding in buildings, Vehicle Armor to hold down the streets, Reload Time for hybrid firepower vs armor threats and soldiers.

When it comes to vehicle perks every one of them have solid uses. Getting into the mindset of choosing only 1 or 2 specs cripples your versatility and problem solving.

Ah yes, this game is all about the smarts. Knowing what works best for the situation. That's why there is no game out there like it. A thinking man's game.

Hot Juicy Pie
04-08-2010, 05:10 AM
I like Fast Reload

McGoogles
04-08-2010, 05:35 AM
I like to use the Vehicle Armor for the UAV so I can aquire more roadkills without getting shot down in two seconds.

Fast reload for the tank, too.

EscapedTheFate
04-08-2010, 06:02 AM
definitely alternate fire with the UAV -- can get way more kills a lot faster -- helps when youre defending a crate and people are running towards it

Madmax410
04-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Am I the only one that uses armor for tanks? I love it so much, you can take a ton of damage. You dont really need zoom if you have a gunner that can mark targets for you.

I'm pretty much the designated driver/pilot whenever I play with my friends. Which means I focus more on keeping us alive than racking up kills, and armor helps out a ton. Even on africa harbor, I like armor over anything, because if you know when to pull out and repair you can pretty much take on the entire enemy unit of tanks on that first base.

It's a shame nothing tracks driver assists, I would have a ton. Right now my friend has 9 gold stars on his helicopters, and I have 2, despite me having way more time in them, purely from the amount of kills we're able to rack up when he gets a hold of the hind/apache gunner

For UAVs I would use alt weapons, but I barely use them

CYBER GRIMM
04-08-2010, 09:58 AM
i use the optic zoom on uav due to ppl being on the look out for the uav, same with the tank or fast reload for sum serious mortar striking and killing

its quite amusing to see an enemy running around trying to figure out where he's been hit from and not having a clue till he's dead. lol

MediumMelanin
04-08-2010, 01:06 PM
I use the ALT WEAPON spec, as it's the most helpful in most cases, never use the smoke...or the Optic...or the reload, I sometimes use the Mine detectors in some cases where there's a place to look out for them...

LAD360
04-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Alt fire for UAV's is ridiculous, it kills so quickly and there's no way someone can take you down if you start shooting them from behind. The only way they get taken down is by other team mates helping out the guy being shot and by that time I've frequently gotten combat excellences. When you have their entire team facing away from the objectives trying to shoot the UAV you know they are starting to get annoyed.

Pretty cheap way of getting kills though so I generally only use it once per game and it's very frustrating to be spawn killed by.

Fast reload is the best for tanks, takes down other tanks and buildings much faster.

swsmailman
04-08-2010, 06:36 PM
For me it all depends on what map I am playing and what side I am on and what base I am at.

Lately if I start a game as attackers I spawn with the Optic and either hop in a Tank or the UAV and I spot people from back at my spawn and rocket snipers, with the zoom it makes it so much easier. And same thing with the Tanks, I can get in the Abrams on Africa and can take down A from my spawn just by long range fire. Not to mention it helps to find snipers and campers easier with the zoom. Everything else I will usually have Alt Fire on so its easier to get kills.

APX
04-08-2010, 09:43 PM
These are what I use for tanks if I have a gunner in it:
Me - Warhead/Armor. Gunner - Quick Reload/Warhead.

For the UAV, it depends on the game mode.
Hardcore - Optical Zoom.
Standard - Warhead/Alt. Fire.