PDA

View Full Version : Transformers 3 starring John Malkovich? What?

Ryan2099
03-24-2010, 02:11 AM
This might actually be a reason to see Transformers 3 at the movies instead of waiting for the DVD.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/03/23/john-malkovich-and-frances-mcdormand-transformers-3-just-got-classy/

HacksawDoomx187
03-24-2010, 02:49 AM
If a quality actor like Malkovich is willing to sign his name to such a awful shit film franchise, maybe the world is coming to an end.

Lord Yamikage
03-24-2010, 06:49 AM
No, no, the reason to watch T3 is the chance of Unicron in the movie. It's time to bring the biggest gun, literally.

B1GM13
03-24-2010, 11:30 AM
SuperHeroHype received the following spy report on the Transformers 3 (http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=59129) production today along with pics!

Hey, SHH... Wanted to give you a heads-up that my travels through Los Angeles found me on the soundstages of Playa Vista where Favreau shot the first Iron Man, Cameron did some work on Avatar and Bay shot both of the Transformers films.

Well, Transformers 3 is gearing up there. I've attached pics of the sign I stumbled upon at the warddrobe department just to offer a little proof. When I peeked inside, posters for both Transformers were hanging up and clothing racks had tons of military gear hanging from them. Above one rack it read "Iranian Army." Above another rack it read "Ukranian Army" and above a third rack it referred to "Matt" ("Matt's costumes").

There's some big stuff being built here, man. One end of the soundstage had some wooden structures. Another area they were chopping away at styrofoam to create a rocky terrain. And the crew was rolling along something that looked like a giant gear. I breezed on by the "model" shop and, while I couldn't get a good look inside, there were a lot of moon reference photos and NASA moon lander pics. I could have sworn I saw a Transformer, again, didn't get a good look.

There you have it...! Transformers 3 is in full swing!

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3193/t31d.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/t31d.jpg/)

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3343/tf2h.jpg (http://img146.imageshack.us/i/tf2h.jpg/)

Source - Superherohype.com

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Good to hear the is a trans 3 number 2 was awsome.

A ZombieTwinkie
03-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Ken Jeong is going to sell that movie more than Megan Fox! Dude's freaking hilarious.

Though, hopefully this one turns out to be good. Wasn't too impressed with Transformers:RotF.

X monkfish69 X
03-24-2010, 04:47 PM
I love these films even though the 2nd one wasn't as good as the first. But they are definitely worthy cinema viewing material as they are so loud :) They also look very very good on the big screen. But they excell on Blu-Ray !

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Ken jong is awsome. Also atm he is accepting friend request on facebook no gimik account either its atc him :D

HaloWarzBoi412
03-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Maybe Malkovich can voice one of the Dinobots, that would be tight! :)

I want to see Unicron vs. Dinobots in this thing.

Barad
03-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Why does everyone hate Transformers? I think their the best action movies around today!

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Why does everyone hate Transformers? I think their the best action movies around today!
Totally agree.. there atc awsome. second one was amazing. and er.... Megan fox ;)

Angry Tom
03-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Good to hear the is a trans 3 number 2 was awsome.

Please tell me you're joking?

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-28-2010, 06:13 PM
I thought at first they were goin to be shit becuase i mean come on transformers are kiddys things. but watched 1 awsome and number 2 is the best action movie out..... the army fight scenes are awsome.

HaloWarzBoi412
04-03-2010, 11:10 AM

No way I like both Transformers flicks, awesome 'popcorn flicks'.

Even like Transformers 2 better then 1. It has alot more of the actual Transformers in it and goes into alot more of the mythology and what not which is what I find most interesting. T-1 was more centered on the human characters and like I just don't care about them, I wanna see mega-robots! (nerd alert!)

Barad
04-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Totally agree.. there atc awsome. second one was amazing. and er.... Megan fox ;)
No way I like both Transformers flicks, awesome 'popcorn flicks'.

Even like Transformers 2 better then 1. It has alot more of the actual Transformers in it and goes into alot more of the mythology and what not which is what I find most interesting. T-1 was more centered on the human characters and like I just don't care about them, I wanna see mega-robots! (nerd alert!)

Glad I'm not on my own then guys :)

Iconoclast
04-03-2010, 07:01 PM
If a quality actor like Malkovich is willing to sign his name to such a awful shit film franchise, maybe the world is coming to an end.

A awful shit film franchise? Nevermind the awful grammar, but Revenge of the Fallen earned over $389 million dollars on the opening weekend. Nice try.

Hellspawn23
04-04-2010, 05:03 PM
malkovich could make the franchise exciting again

Tussell
04-04-2010, 07:38 PM
John Malkovich... Transformers 3... Does not compute...

A awful shit film franchise? Nevermind the awful grammar, but Revenge of the Fallen earned over $389 million dollars on the opening weekend. Nice try.
Since when does money earned mean the film is good? It means a lot of people like it, doesn't mean it's good. I mean shit, Britney Spears first album went top five in nineteen countries, number one in fifteen, and is certified 14x Platinum by the RIAA. Britney Spears good? That's fucking laughable!

As for Miley Cyrus' first album: During its first week of sales, it debuted in the U.S. at number one on the Billboard 200 with 326,000 album copies sold. The album, having sold 3,200,000+ copies in the U.S, has been RIAA-certified 3 multi platinum. The album has also sold over 4 million copies worldwide.

Money doesn't mean shit, nor does popularity. People have different opinions, and I agree that Transformers is a fucking joke. Don't get me wrong, I love the old shit, but the new movies are pathetic.

Iconoclast
04-04-2010, 08:22 PM
John Malkovich... Transformers 3... Does not compute...

Since when does money earned mean the film is good? It means a lot of people like it, doesn't mean it's good. I mean shit, Britney Spears first album went top five in nineteen countries, number one in fifteen, and is certified 14x Platinum by the RIAA. Britney Spears good? That's fucking laughable!

As for Miley Cyrus' first album: During its first week of sales, it debuted in the U.S. at number one on the Billboard 200 with 326,000 album copies sold. The album, having sold 3,200,000+ copies in the U.S, has been RIAA-certified 3 multi platinum. The album has also sold over 4 million copies worldwide.

Money doesn't mean shit, nor does popularity. People have different opinions, and I agree that Transformers is a fucking joke. Don't get me wrong, I love the old shit, but the new movies are pathetic.

Since when does YOUR opinion mean a film is or isn't good? That's what I thought. Nor does mine, or anyone's. It's a little thing called relativity. So relax, chief.

Nice name drops with the Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus, though. It's not what I'm into, but I'm not one to judge...

xTGMx INF3RNO
04-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Transformers pwn. end off

Tussell
04-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Since when does YOUR opinion mean a film is or isn't good? That's what I thought. Nor does mine, or anyone's. It's a little thing called relativity. So relax, chief.
I never stated that it did. I just stated that trying to pull the 'it made this much money, so it can't be bad' card is not a good way to try and make a point about how good something is.

A Satyr
04-04-2010, 09:55 PM
First movie was good, 2nd movie had decent fights with a shitty storyline. I dont know about malkovich's role so dont know if he'll be good or not

HacksawDoomx187
04-04-2010, 10:01 PM

Money does not equal quality. The millions Phil Collins has made making Disney movie soundtracks and his other various musical endeavors greatly outweighs the amount of money he made with Genesis, but that doesn't mean that Genesis sucked and that he has not become a hypocritical sellout.

Michael Bay's Transformers franchise is a terrible waste of money. Both films consist of a senseless plot, teamed with absolutely no direction, and putrid acting. If that wasn't enough, the characters haven't the slightest bit of depth. Both films are two or so hours of explosions and a script that was probably composed by a fourth grader. However, brain dead America is going to see the advertisements, flock to the theaters in record numbers, and tell all their friends and relatives how awesome it was because the film had ninety-seven explosions and Megan Fox is (for whatever reason) exceptionally hot.

Anyway, I'm not saying the critics are always right, but if a film wins the razzie for worst picture, chances are there is something wrong with it, and in this case in particular, they did not make a mistake.

EnglishRob
04-05-2010, 12:30 PM
i saw its previous part that was awesome..

Tussell
04-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Money does not equal quality. The millions Phil Collins has made making Disney movie soundtracks and his other various musical endeavors greatly outweighs the amount of money he made with Genesis, but that doesn't mean that Genesis sucked and that he has not become a hypocritical sellout.

Michael Bay's Transformers franchise is a terrible waste of money. Both films consist of a senseless plot, teamed with absolutely no direction, and putrid acting. If that wasn't enough, the characters haven't the slightest bit of depth. Both films are two or so hours of explosions and a script that was probably composed by a fourth grader. However, brain dead America is going to see the advertisements, flock to the theaters in record numbers, and tell all their friends and relatives how awesome it was because the film had ninety-seven explosions and Megan Fox is (for whatever reason) exceptionally hot.

Anyway, I'm not saying the critics are always right, but if a film wins the razzie for worst picture, chances are there is something wrong with it, and in this case in particular, they did not make a mistake.
Thank you for going in-depth on my argument so I didn't have to. :)

b3nnyth3gr33k
04-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Love transformers Love john malkovich = double lovin' *alright gigiddy giggidy giggidy*

BarbaricGoose
04-05-2010, 09:55 PM
I just stated that trying to pull the 'it made this much money, so it can't be bad' card is not a good way to try and make a point about how good something is.

The more money a movie makes, the better it is - in a sense. When you say "Good" you seem to be referring to the quality of the plot, and acting, but transformers is a different kind of good. It's quality in marketing.

I don't like Transformers, or Michael Bay, but I know that the Transformers movies are good. The quality lies not in the acting or plot department, but in the CG and marketing. You can say that you don't like the acting, plot line, director, whatever, but you can't say that the series is truly bad. For a movie to be considered bad, it must fail at everything. For a bad movie, watch The Room. That movie is so bad, it's good. ;)

Besides, not all movies need to have a riveting story and deep characters to be good. Shoot 'Em Up was great.

Joker0fLife
04-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I'd take a hyped Transformers 3 over another overly hyped movie like Paranormal Activity any day. Everyone said Paranormal Activity was the scariest horror movie since ever, yet more than half the movie is buildup for a scare that only lasts 2 minutes. I saw Transformers 2 in theaters and I don't understand why everyone gives it shit. Everyone in the theaters clapped and awed when it ended...

Tussell
04-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Besides, not all movies need to have a riveting story and deep characters to be good. Shoot 'Em Up was great.
I never claimed they did. However, I think that for a reboot of a massively famous cartoon from almost everyone's childhood, they should do something more than make it shiny... It's just a gold plated pile of shit.

HacksawDoomx187
04-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Thank you for going in-depth on my argument so I didn't have to. :)

Glad to help.;)

I never claimed they did. However, I think that for a reboot of a massively famous cartoon from almost everyone's childhood, they should do something more than make it shiny... It's just a gold plated pile of shit.

Rofl. I don't think I could have put it any better. "Gold plated pile of shit." What a fantastic description.

i m redshark
04-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Both films are two or so hours of explosions and a script that was probably composed by a fourth grader.
Hello, it is Michael Bay. He is more focused on the explosions instead of the story, either way I loved both movies and can't wait for the 3rd film

Purge
04-09-2010, 06:38 PM

This is Tussell you're arguing with. His opinion ALWAYS matters.

I did like the first film, but I walked out of the cinema after seeing RotF and considered blowing my brains out.

Iconoclast
04-09-2010, 06:57 PM
This is Tussell you're arguing with. His opinion ALWAYS matters.

I just lol'd. Apathy FTW.

Death Metal Jim
04-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Transformers 2 was the most god awful movie i've seen in years. It actually hurt watching it, and i'm someone who always watches movies in their entirety, so this being 2 and a half hours had me basically pulling my hair out. I don't even know where to begin with this. From the awful plot to Megan Fox's horrible acting, the imbecilic jokes that only a 13 year old would laugh at, and the 400 different Transformers on the screen where you couldn't tell who was who. Michael Bay is truly the worst "big budget" director i've ever seen. The funny thing is, i actually didn't mind the first movie too much, i mean it wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either. This movie on the other hand was dreadful. Anyone who's seen the 86 animated Transformers movie and then seen this junk will completely agree with me. Oh ya and LMAO at him having that poster of Bad Boys 2 in the college dorm, gotta love this guy Bay's ego to be plugging his own 10 year old movie which was another awful film.

On a side note, anyone who hated this movie should check out RiffTrax. It's the former Mst3k guys riffing on this and other awful big budget films that were released in the last few years. You can find some hilarious clips on youtube.

BarbaricGoose
04-20-2010, 03:33 AM

This is a series about talking robots that transform into cars and trucks. They could've gone with a much darker approach, like Batman Begins, but I think that would've just been stupid.

Not sure what you expected other than non-stop action.

Joker0fLife
04-20-2010, 04:48 PM
I would like to know why everyone finds a problem in the plot. I followed the movies just fine.

Lord Yamikage
04-20-2010, 06:06 PM
I would like to know why everyone finds a problem in the plot. I followed the movies just fine.

It's just lot of different opinion. I understand and agree to some degree with what opposite side said. I mean I completely agree - for example - that the battle scene is very poorly filmed. The camera is way to freaking close to the Transformers or too many obstacles in the views that a audience cannot make out clear fighting. It improved on RotF, but still has trouble. I enjoy the story. It's interesting, and looking forward for the 3rd. Don't like some scene with the mother and all, but you can't have perfect movie. Oh wait, Dark Knight has achieved that.

InkedUp
04-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Just my opinion, but I don't always sit down when picking out a movie to go to and say to myself "huh, which movie is out that will make me think the most". No, sometimes I just want to go see a movie that has shit blowing up and a half naked hot ass woman in it, ie Megan Fox. Transformers seems more geared towards people who are in the mindset of seeing shit getting blown up and who don't give a f*ck about a plot setting. If that's not you, hey fine cool whatever, but some people like to sit and enjoy some mind numbing action and destruction, like me. Shit, that's why when I joined the military and they say "son what job would you like to have". My reply, "I don't give a shit, I just want to shoot big ass guns and blow shit up". Movies like this were made for people to just sit down and dumb out to, and theirs no problem with that.

Death Metal Jim
04-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Just my opinion, but I don't always sit down when picking out a movie to go to and say to myself "huh, which movie is out that will make me think the most". No, sometimes I just want to go see a movie that has shit blowing up and a half naked hot ass woman in it, ie Megan Fox. Transformers seems more geared towards people who are in the mindset of seeing shit getting blown up and who don't give a f*ck about a plot setting. If that's not you, hey fine cool whatever, but some people like to sit and enjoy some mind numbing action and destruction, like me. Shit, that's why when I joined the military and they say "son what job would you like to have". My reply, "I don't give a shit, I just want to shoot big ass guns and blow shit up". Movies like this were made for people to just sit down and dumb out to, and theirs no problem with that.

Uh...or you could just have a movie that has BOTH, like Terminator 2. See this is what movies like Transformers 2 has done to people, they see enough awful crap, they get used to it, and forget the awesome action movies like T2, Aliens, First Blood. These movies had a "bunch of crap blowing up" but also had a relevant plot that made you think. I'd suggest watching/re-watching them and leave the pg-13 mindless junk to sitting in the 5.99 bin at walmart collecting dust.

InkedUp
04-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Ok I can respect that opinion, you just don't like pointless junk, which is fine. I didn't forget about those other movies, I enjoy the ones that have both action and plot, I enjoy the ones that are no action and have a twisted plot, I enjoy all types of movie genres, but I also like "mindless junk" on occasion. Yeah their are people who hate these types of movies, but their also seem to be plenty of people who enjoy them for the "mindless junk" that they are. Just different opinions man. If someone came around talking shit about something you enjoy, I bet you would jump in to defend it asap.

Death Metal Jim
04-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Ok I can respect that opinion, you just don't like pointless junk, which is fine. I didn't forget about those other movies, I enjoy the ones that have both action and plot, I enjoy the ones that are no action and have a twisted plot, I enjoy all types of movie genres, but I also like "mindless junk" on occasion. Yeah their are people who hate these types of movies, but their also seem to be plenty of people who enjoy them for the "mindless junk" that they are. Just different opinions man. If someone came around talking shit about something you enjoy, I bet you would jump in to defend it asap.

oh i'm not saying you're wrong in liking it, i'm just voicing my utter hatred of it, like if something annoyed you so much you just couldn't keep quiet about it, that's all :)

oh and don't get me wrong, i watch crappy movies all the time, i love troma movies and i've been an mst3k fan for 15 years. the difference being that these movies are supposed to be bad, or at least were shoddy attempts from the start. they didn't have like a 250 million dollar budget and have the nerve to charge people 12 dollars to see their movie.i dunno, i just think transformers 2 is synonyms with what's wrong with movies today, and actually society in general, well to a point anyway.