PDA

View Full Version : Game Room + 30 titles are FREE!

linktriforce007
03-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Yes, you heard it right. The Game Room title is free, and it comes with two game packs, Game Pack 01, and Game Pack 02, which contain 30 games. Both are free!!!

InfamyxBreed
03-24-2010, 11:30 AM
....well no games are

linktriforce007
03-24-2010, 11:31 AM
I was just about to post such a thread, I have downloaded 2 packs so far so this should be good

This totally makes my day.

IXISHADOW
03-24-2010, 11:32 AM
There are 2 threads talking about the game room already. Read them and you will find that those 30 games are not free... I have 75G in this already so I know what I am on about. You go into the in game store and have to pay for all of the games :(.

Ominator1
03-24-2010, 11:34 AM
Maybe that is why I couldn't purchase astrosmash. Great deal being free!

linktriforce007
03-24-2010, 11:37 AM
ahh. maybe it's some sort of patch? Like we have to download it for the titles to become available?

IXISHADOW
03-24-2010, 11:39 AM
ahh. maybe it's some sort of patch? Like we have to download it for the titles to become available? This is what some people have already suggested. Makes sense I guess...

Panda
03-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Microsoft put this up by accident as well as the game packs.

As for the guy that says he has played this already.. That's bs. Game Room isn't supposed to be up yet - the servers are screwed and I can't get past the loading screen.

GuzzyMe
03-24-2010, 11:44 AM
As for the guy that says he has played this already.. thats bs ]

Nope disconnect from live and then re-connect it works.

IXISHADOW
03-24-2010, 11:47 AM

As for the guy that says he has played this already.. That's bs. Game Room isn't supposed to be up yet - the servers are screwed and I can't get past the loading screen. Bs? check my profile on xbox.com or add me...

Apexeus
03-24-2010, 11:49 AM

As for the guy that says he has played this already.. That's bs. Game Room isn't supposed to be up yet - the servers are screwed and I can't get past the loading screen.

Check him on Xbox.com mate, he is not BSing, 6 of 56 unlocked @ 75gs.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c211/mcmerc1988/Untitled.jpg

Mine took ages to load, said the servers weren't up, disconnected me from Live, took me to the main menu, told me to sign into Live, then it worked.

I won't play anything or do anything, don't want to be stuck with 5/1000, refuse to pay for games from the 1980's (when i can play them for free on any Flash enabled website).

Ominator1
03-24-2010, 11:53 AM
I've got 75 pts also and played astrosmash for about 15 mins before going to work.

IXISHADOW
03-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Make that 80G.

ApochWeiss
03-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Haha and I only got 5g :D Yeah, I got access to a room by just disconnecting. Couldn't get on-line though. Guess it not supposed to be up makes sense as to why it won't load a damn thing on-line.

KingBroly
03-24-2010, 12:29 PM
The only one I can't seem to do is visit a Friend's Arcade

Akatsuki Sw1tch
03-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Can confirm this works, Removed the ethernet cable & it loaded straight away, At least i can have an actual look around it all now & place a few items.

mre8ball
03-24-2010, 01:12 PM
these games r supposed to be free then some1 plz tell me how in the hell am i supposed to place a game in one of my rooms ugh!!!!!!:eek::mad:

Dark Splank
03-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Id like to know that too. I have the packs but i cant place them anywhere on the Xbox version OR the GFWL (which worked properly for me)

Cheese Touch
03-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Those games are NOT free. You have to buy them from inside of the game room application. What's "free" is the stuff (initial themes, etc.) and the roster of games to buy.

Dark Splank
03-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Grab your quarters! Straight from the '70s and '80s, Game Pack 001 features eight arcade games from Atari and Konami, three Atari 2600 games, and four Intellivision games.

From Pack 001

PC_GFWL_GAMER
03-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Its only free to preview most of the features you want require buying the games. Also:

1: All games are time limited to under 10 mins.

2: Once you use up all your preview time/tokens thats it you have to buy something!

Having tried them all I would say the entire game room as is right now is not even worth 200MSP for the poor controls alone & clunky interfaces for Atari 2600 cabinets!

IXISHADOW
03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Grab your quarters! Straight from the '70s and '80s, Game Pack 001 features eight arcade games from Atari and Konami, three Atari 2600 games, and four Intellivision games.

From Pack 001 Tell me where it states that they are free? I have been on the game and I bet so has the guy who said they are not free. You have to go in the game room store and purchase all of them.

I have stated this in multiple threads including this one! Scroll up and take a read.

Jimbo76
03-24-2010, 03:05 PM
well in that case, if none of them are free, they can fuck off cause im not paying 2 quid per 25 year old game I can easily play for free on mame. a free 80gs is ok though lol.

Mike Langlois
03-24-2010, 03:09 PM
No, fuck. I dont want this shit on my gamercard if i cant atleast max out those game packs cause this was meant to launch with 30 free titles.

kmr12
03-24-2010, 03:28 PM
:confused:surely this is false advertising and misleading customers into downloading something that will suck them into buying things?

The most annoying thing about this is the concept of this game was really good, but i dont expect everyone who downloads this game to fork out a few quid on every game that they could play for free on the internet, surely microsoft would see this?

personally i think they should let those 30 games be free, to give everyone an idea of what game room will be like, then there will be more build up to upcoming add ons, which maybe, to buy all together should cost a small amount.

i really dont see what microsoft are playing at here.

Gyllen Drage
03-24-2010, 03:32 PM
my completion percentage will go way down with this :( got 10gs on it before realising that nothing is free, which sucks I wish I could remove it but they have one of those sucky "press start" achievments that means that you simply can't have a look then decide not to bother.
It's entrapment I tell you, entrapment.

littlejay
03-24-2010, 03:43 PM
nobody said it would come with 30 free titles. ms has always said the game room is free and each game is $3 each

Gyllen Drage
03-24-2010, 03:55 PM
I wasn't expecting everything to be free, but the game packs that are on live are misleading, and the fact that it is impossible to remove from your gamer card after pressing start means you can't even have a look around and see if you would even like to buy\play any of the games.

ImAKing1987
03-24-2010, 04:01 PM
I dont really see a big deal in paying 240MSP for the games. Sure its not got great graphics but the whole idea was to make it like it was in the old days. Its been said from day one that they would charge for these games, just saying. Happy Gaming Everyone

ImAKing1987
03-24-2010, 04:03 PM
I wasn't expecting everything to be free, but the game packs that are on live are misleading, and the fact that it is impossible to remove from your gamer card after pressing start means you can't even have a look around and see if you would even like to buy\play any of the games.

Thats why I have a 2nd account. ( Notice the lack of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel in my played games, that game is garbage...lol :p )

IXISHADOW
03-24-2010, 04:04 PM
I dont really see a big deal in paying 240MSP for the games. Sure its not got great graphics but the whole idea was to make it like it was in the old days. Its been said from day one that they would charge for these games, just saying. Happy Gaming Everyone
My only problem was the false advertising. Isn't false advertising illegal? But hey they were free...

The Carrot Cake Kid
03-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Thats why I have a 2nd account. ( Notice the lack of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel in my played games, that game is garbage...lol :p )

Sacred 2 is a phenomenal, underrated game. If you aren't an old-school RPG player then I CAN understand why someone wouldn't like it.

d0nkeytr0n
03-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I've downloaded the Game Room and free game packs 1 & 2....will take a look when I get home from work in the morning

Mike Langlois
03-24-2010, 04:58 PM
No, fuck. I dont want this shit on my gamercard if i cant atleast max out those game packs cause this was meant to launch with 30 free titles.

Since Xx Pot Pie xX seemed to have a problem with my message there and the fact i have 6 achievements in the game, let me explain for them :)

I got the game, and earned those achievements. Then i went to place what i thought was those free Games Pack cabinets. When i couldnt do that, i came to this forum and saw that you still had to buy them. This made me mad.

Hope that clears it up for your Xx Pot Pie xX, and i appreciate your message telling me i have no integrity, irony is a funny thing.

MBCPeanut
03-24-2010, 05:49 PM
How the HELL are all of you people this stupid? You actually thought you'd get 30 games for absolutely free? Get a grip, kids.

Upon seeing the 2 "free" packs, the thought never even crossed my mind that I'd get all those games for nothing. You need to have all the games on your 360 in order to try them or pay 40msp for a single play.

God. I hate stupid people.

TheEighthSage
03-24-2010, 06:10 PM
How the HELL are all of you people this stupid? You actually thought you'd get 30 games for absolutely free? Get a grip, kids.

Upon seeing the 2 "free" packs, the thought never even crossed my mind that I'd get all those games for nothing. You need to have all the games on your 360 in order to try them or pay 40msp for a single play.

I wouldn't call it stupidity, I'd call it hopeless optimism. Besides, as everyone else has said, the way that the descriptions are worded, it DOES sound like they would be free. Plus, from a logical standpoint, you'd think they'd at least give us SOME games to have for free, to get a feel and a true demo of what to expect. Instead they give us a free achievement and THEN say it costs money for EVERYTHING. So I can see where people are coming from. So it sounds more like you're the one that needs to get a grip. o_O

run187
03-24-2010, 06:25 PM
well when something says free next to it like game pack 1 and 2 i assume its free
now way am i paying 240 ms a game ..

Jabbawocky
03-24-2010, 06:30 PM

Would be true if all the games on offer did not have a free alternate on the Internet. Maybe later on wehn extra games get added it will be worth it.

linktriforce007
03-24-2010, 06:39 PM
nobody said it would come with 30 free titles. ms has always said the game room is free and each game is $3 each

The Marketplace said

Game Room Free
Game Pack 001 Free
Game Pack 002 Free

If you guys didn't see that, then you're blind.

True Marvellous
03-24-2010, 06:40 PM

You must hate yourself then.

The Games pack have a MSP price of FREE, the packs say they include certain games.

Anyone would assume these are free.

To avoid all the silly mess they should have just included them in the games room download instead of separate items.

The Carrot Cake Kid
03-24-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't know how anyone was REALLY expecting the Game Packs to contain free games.

BUT that being said I was pretty shocked to see each game cost $3. There are myaybe 1 or 2 games worth that, the rest are $1 games.

litepink
03-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Yes, you heard it right. The Game Room title is free, and it comes with two game packs, Game Pack 01, and Game Pack 02, which contain 30 games. Both are free!!!

YouTube- The Price is Right losing horn

mjpartyboy
03-25-2010, 07:10 PM
After messing around in the Game Room for a bit I deleted Game Pack 001 and 002, because I doubt I'll bother buying any games, but now I can't access the Game Room at all, it says I need DLC. I'm guessing it's because I used some of the free themes and décor in my arcade. I removed all the décor items, but left the themes. This is probably why they're labelled 'free' downloads, because they actually contain free items. That's assuming these packs also include the décor items and themes. I haven't tried removing everything and then loading the Game Room.

Edit: I reset my Game Room back to the default themes with no décor items and I still couldn't access it without both Game Pack 001 and 002.

Chrome30
03-26-2010, 11:24 AM
The Gamepacks 001 and 002 just allow you to be able to demo/sample the games and decide if you want to purchase or not. The basics act just like Family Game Night. You have these games to choose from and if you like them then you buy them for 240MSP each. Plus, you can also buy mascots (big deal). However, if you don't want to buy a single game you can pay 40msp to play a round i.e. just like throwing some quarters into a real arcade.

All and all I had a wonderful time playing it yesterday. I started playing and the next thing I knew I was popping the 8 hours played achievement. Good times.

Therapyyy
03-26-2010, 11:52 AM
for the ppl bitching on the free issue, how long have you known microsoft? they would shit in a bag and still try 2 sell it

khamelion
03-26-2010, 12:03 PM
they could have changed the wording of the game packs and mention they are demos, it's very misleading that i thought i was geting 30 free games to entice me to buy more when they are put on the marketplace. i should have known better than to think you get anything free from microsoft.

Ooyah
03-26-2010, 01:26 PM
for the ppl bitching on the free issue, how long have you known microsoft? they would shit in a bag and still try 2 sell it

Would that come with achievements? :p

retroboy
03-26-2010, 01:42 PM
I am so glad I didn't touch this.

I knew something was fishy. This is misleading and it is annoying to have 5G pop up for pressing start. Stuck on your GC forever now - bullshit.

To anyone defending the free gamerscore I argue that it is no ones fault. If people are unhappy about it on their GC than it is understandable. Apart from 101 when have you gotten free GS from a demo?

Absolute BS and ruins peoples completion rate.

mista_grimm
03-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Glad I read this thread. I too thought the 2 game packs were free. So I downloaded Game Room and both packs last night, but didn't get a chance to play them. So I'll be deleting those straight away when I get home :-p

njoymgmt
03-26-2010, 04:07 PM
can someone tell me how to buy a title then because when I click on buy for anywhere nothing happens but a weird sound :confused:

Bastado
03-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Wow...it amazes me at the amount of experienced gamers in this forum who were dooped in some way to believe they were going to recieve 30 fuckin free games from M$.

HA .... are any of you who are bitching frequent visitors to this site? there have been posts on the front page for months informing on the price of these games.

Never once did i hear or think or read that these games were free...that is basically giving away 1000 gamerscore, according to how the achievements for this game are set up.

I agree with the guy who posted earlier, i dont care how the wording threw you off, anyone who thinks M$...or any company would promote something to give it away for free is a fucking tool.

But with that said, i do feel bad for any completionists out there that now feel obligated to finish something they wouldn't have started had they been better informed..... but hey, your the idiot who thought you were getting 30 free games, so your fault.

njoymgmt
03-26-2010, 07:43 PM
yea well said my only issue is how to buy :(

veece16
03-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Wow...it amazes me at the amount of experienced gamers in this forum who were dooped in some way to believe they were going to recieve 30 fuckin free games from M$.

HA .... are any of you who are bitching frequent visitors to this site? there have been posts on the front page for months informing on the price of these games.

Never once did i hear or think or read that these games were free...that is basically giving away 1000 gamerscore, according to how the achievements for this game are set up.

I agree with the guy who posted earlier, i dont care how the wording threw you off, anyone who thinks M$...or any company would promote something to give it away for free is a fucking tool.

But with that said, i do feel bad for any completionists out there that now feel obligated to finish something they wouldn't have started had they been better informed..... but hey, your the idiot who thought you were getting 30 free games, so your fault.

Well put, this thread is one big waste. The only free games that were released were Dash of Destruction, Aegis Wing, Totem, and a couple others.

ChemicalxRachel
03-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Lmao, yeah right, Free games. Uh-huh, especially 30 of them. I'll have to admit, it sounded a little odd when I went to download the things to begin with. Microsoft COULD have been more clear about the whole "not-so-free" aspect. But, the description DID tell you to "Grab your quarters." Thus, throwing off the whole 'free' aspect.

It is a free 80 GS, though, so whatever, I don't care.

I do agree though, Microsoft could at least give one of the titles, or lower the prices. But, come on, its MICROSOFT. Like, big duh there. Wanna play 'em for free? Google it. Simple.

Searmex
09-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I thought Gameroom was going to be the greatest thing ever. Then it came out and It was the biggest pile of crap ever. Boy was I wrong. It's not even worth playing the game on xbox. Just download Mame on your computer.