PDA

View Full Version : 2 downloadable packs question

demonizer_andy
03-24-2010, 01:56 PM
this may have been answered but what do the 2 packs u can download free actually give you, do you get the 30 games free or what its so misleading

entrax
03-24-2010, 01:59 PM
as it's written in de description when u d/l , pack one has 8 free games and pack 2, 7 free games not the 30 , it's clearly written in description

demonizer_andy
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
cant say i ever bother to read descriptions tho, but even so where are the free games then can we play em yet or not, this so far sucks sausage

Akatsuki Sw1tch
03-24-2010, 02:06 PM
The thing is i've got both of those & haven't come across any FREE games yet just ones you have to pay for :(

But by far the worst thing is the fact that ALL the game demo's i've tried are horrific :eek: I used to walk past this sort of tripe in the arcades when i was a kid & save my 10/20p's for decent games like Dj Boy, Golden Axe, Crime fighters ect, Can we have some of those sort of games please? (Late 80's early 90's)

Jimbo76
03-24-2010, 02:14 PM
The thing is i've got both of those & haven't come across any FREE games yet just ones you have to pay for :(

But by far the worst thing is the fact that ALL the game demo's i've tried are horrific :eek: I used to walk past this sort of tripe in the arcades when i was a kid & save my 10/20p's for decent games like Dj Boy, Golden Axe, Crime fighters ect, Can we have some of those sort of games please? (Late 80's early 90's)
Crime fighters man, now that takes me back a few years. the games included so far are all a bit rubbish.
So is this game glitched at the moment then or what? because I cant find any game to put in my arcade.

farbeyonddriven
03-24-2010, 02:14 PM

Lol I played one which had some kind of flying angel going about the screen and one big bar of multicoloured static lmao truly AWFUL.

KingBroly
03-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Don't even try and play the Intellivision stuff. You won't even know how to play half of those games. They're all horribly laid out.

ThingWitch
03-24-2010, 02:22 PM
All i can do right now is try out the demos. It won't let me visit the showcase arcade or buy anything, so to be honest i'm not even sure what downloading those two packs actually did.

Akatsuki Sw1tch
03-24-2010, 02:25 PM
RE: Jimbo, Yeah everything seems glitched at the moment or waiting for an update, You can't even buy a game if you wanted to even though i heard a few people have managed before the problems began.

Splatterhouse anyone ;)

PC_GFWL_GAMER
03-24-2010, 02:46 PM
I tried them all out on the PC version as thats not glitched and can report the following:

1: Horrible control schemes.

2: Horrible & clunky interfaces which rightly belong in the 1970s where they came from.

3: No effort made to customise the controls to make them at least playable with the 360 controller. All the time I was fighting the controller & could not enjoy the experience at all.

4: Virtual Game Room looks ok & is easy to get around though!

5: The whole experience is ruined by the controls & interfaces for some games they should have translated these into a more gamer friendly system.

6: 50GS free maybe a bit more but at least 50GS minimum.

I cannot see this taking off as bad word of mouth will stop people buying anything. Right now even though I have a lot of points am not buying anything as its just not a relaxing gaming experience & user friendly at all! Cannot believe how poor some of the controls are & modern gamers will just laugh at how poor it is.

Massive letdown I'm affraid. All I expected was the original games with an easy to pick up & play control scheme.............

EASTENDENT
03-24-2010, 04:33 PM
RE: Jimbo, Yeah everything seems glitched at the moment or waiting for an update, You can't even buy a game if you wanted to even though i heard a few people have managed before the problems began.

Splatterhouse anyone ;)

Splatterhouse is too god-like for this weak ass game room. :uzi:

Mike Langlois
03-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Those packs dont unlock the cabinets to put in your arcade, they unlock them to be purchaseable to put into your arcade.

The free part just means you dont have to pay ms points to have to pay ms points to put them in your arcade.

Lieing bastards.

demonizer_andy
03-24-2010, 06:25 PM
what a crock of shit

farbeyonddriven
03-25-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't think this game room is going to be a hit. Some of the games as mentioned in this post are pretty much unplayable because of the control scheme. Anyone play the demo of Outlaw? All I had was a stick man standing still and that was it, exited and now it wants me to pay coins to play the tripe again. God forbid spending real money on this.