PDA

View Full Version : "Full Game" and "Play Anywhere"

StolenPaper18
03-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I feel a little on the slow side this morning. Can someone explain the difference of "Buy Full Game" and "Buy Play Anywhere"? I read the descriptions of both, but I don't really understand the advantage of one over the other.

IXISHADOW
03-24-2010, 03:56 PM
I feel a little on the slow side this morning. Can someone explain the difference of "Buy Full Game" and "Buy Play Anywhere"? I read the descriptions of both, but I don't really understand the advantage of one over the other. Full game is for the xbox 360 or GWFL(PC) and anywhere is 360 and GFWL(PC).

Mizark04
03-24-2010, 03:57 PM
"Play Full Game" means you can only play it from the system you're currently using (either Xbox360 or Games for Windows, not both)

"Play from Anywhere" means you can play on both the Xbox360 and Games for Windows Live

StolenPaper18
03-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Ahhhhhh ok. Thanks a bunch guys, makes sense now :locked

GooeyDaz
03-24-2010, 04:00 PM
cheers i wanted to know that,

Edward Hyena
03-24-2010, 09:16 PM
If I purchase a game for XBox, can I go in later and pay the difference to buy the Anywhere license, or can I go buy a license in just GFWL later if I want to play it there?

WnxLogan
03-24-2010, 09:25 PM
If you buy the play anywhere option can you get achievements on the 360 and PC? For example, if you have Gears of War on the 360 and PC you could get all of the achievements for both versions to show up on your gamer card thus getting you over 2000 g for GoW.

Nemiroff
03-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Yes, my question mirrors WnxLogan's (so, I'm bumping this I guess). I don't usually game on my PC, so I want to know if it's worth it to get the "play anywhere" license.

Thanks!

Edward Hyena
03-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Yes, my question mirrors WnxLogan's (so, I'm bumping this I guess). I don't usually game on my PC, so I want to know if it's worth it to get the "play anywhere" license.

Thanks!

I wouldn't advise it unless you use your PC a lot for games. In my case, I did it for a few games because I'm at school and can't use my XBox a lot of the time. I can't see any point in doing it if you don't have a laptop or access to GFWL at work or something.

If I purchase a game for XBox, can I go in later and pay the difference to buy the Anywhere license, or can I go buy a license in just GFWL later if I want to play it there?

To answer my own question, if you buy a game for the XBox or GFWL only (The $3 license), you can at any time pay the extra $2 to turn it into a play anywhere license.