PDA

View Full Version : Achievement not unlocked

Mellar
03-24-2010, 04:05 PM
I just bought 'Tempest' in Game Room on PC and placed it in a room, the 'My First Game' achievement popped up but when I looked on my gamercard it wasn't there. I then tried getting a few more achievements to see if it was the game that was playing up, the other achievements unlocked fine. I the tried placing and playing 'Tempest' on the Xbox and the achievement still hasn't unlocked!

Has anyone got any ideas?

MetalMudkip
03-24-2010, 04:12 PM
This happened to me with My First Decoration

xcinder360
03-24-2010, 04:14 PM
I just bought 'Tempest' in Game Room on PC and placed it in a room, the 'My First Game' achievement popped up but when I looked on my gamercard it wasn't there. I then tried getting a few more achievements to see if it was the game that was playing up, the other achievements unlocked fine. I the tried placing and playing 'Tempest' on the Xbox and the achievement still hasn't unlocked!

Has anyone got any ideas?

I have a similar problem, except it was for My First Decoration and Proptastic. Like with you, they popped up on the PC version (which I used while the 360 version had its issues), but the Gamerscore did not register with my tag. I tried removing all the decorations and starting over, but now no achievement popups.

Kinda pissed right now. :mad:

Mellar
03-24-2010, 04:21 PM
I have a similar problem, except it was for My First Decoration and Proptastic. Like with you, they popped up on the PC version (which I used while the 360 version had its issues), but the Gamerscore did not register with my tag. I tried removing all the decorations and starting over, but now no achievement popups.

Kinda pissed right now. :mad:

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with these problems. I really hope they can fix these seemingly PC related achievement bugs.

MetalMudkip
03-24-2010, 05:52 PM
I got it to work, this is what I did. Deleted Game Room + the 2 Packs off PC, deleted all the Game Room stuff on Xbox 360, re downloaded all stuff on 360, then Achievements Unlocked

xcinder360
03-24-2010, 08:07 PM
I got it to work, this is what I did. Deleted Game Room + the 2 Packs off PC, deleted all the Game Room stuff on Xbox 360, re downloaded all stuff on 360, then Achievements Unlocked

That didn't work for me. In fact, despite completely wiping out every trace of Game Room on both my PC and Xbox 360... it actually remembered what my arcade looked like prior to uninstallation. I swear... I immediately recognized the graveyard theme I put to the right of the starting room, with all the props I placed in there. It's like that stuff is stored server-side, or something like that.

Oh well.

hippymanjas
03-24-2010, 08:11 PM
All this debate about the Game Room across the forums about how expensive it is and they can't even get the achievements to unlock properly...may give the room a miss altogether now!

Even though you've worked out how to unlock the glitched ones, you shouldn't have to keep doing that just to get what you've already won! CRAZY!

Mellar
03-24-2010, 08:43 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll have to give it a go in a bit. I'll post back to see if it fixes it.

That didn't work for me. In fact, despite completely wiping out every trace of Game Room on both my PC and Xbox 360... it actually remembered what my arcade looked like prior to uninstallation. I swear... I immediately recognized the graveyard theme I put to the right of the starting room, with all the props I placed in there. It's like that stuff is stored server-side, or something like that.

Oh well.

That's weird, did you remove Game Room via the add or remove programs?

Akradon
03-24-2010, 09:49 PM
im the same, with the first arcade thing. I think it's because we are trying to play on both xbox n PC? where the other games are just pc only or xbox only?

Im trying the delete everything tactic, if that doesnt work will try and recover the profile to see if that does. I've cleared the cache as well.

Mellar
03-24-2010, 09:55 PM
im the same, with the first arcade thing. I think it's because we are trying to play on both xbox n PC? where the other games are just pc only or xbox only?

Im trying the delete everything tactic, if that doesnt work will try and recover the profile to see if that does. I've cleared the cache as well.

It could be. I have deleted everything Game Room related from my hard drive and have re-installed everything but the damn achievement will still not unlock :(

I'll buy another game at some point soon and hope I can get it that way but unfortunately for xcinder I can't thnk of anything that can help.

arctic_ash
03-24-2010, 10:05 PM
try clearing out the cache and reloading it up (cent remember how off the top of my head but it on the M$ website)

~ash

Akradon
03-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Ive just got it re-unlocked, i deleted everything off the PC game room related, deleted everything off the Xbox game room related, and then cleared the cache on both the hard drive and mem card....went into the game room after re-downloading it and placed an arcade cabinet, and ping cheevo XD

Akradon
03-24-2010, 10:07 PM
try clearing out the cache and reloading it up (cent remember how off the top of my head but it on the M$ website)

~ash

Go to settings in my xbox....memory...highlight either hard drive or mem card, press y....clear cache :)

xcinder360
03-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the info, I'll have to give it a go in a bit. I'll post back to see if it fixes it.

That's weird, did you remove Game Room via the add or remove programs?

I just tried that (the first time I uninstalled it from Games for Windows), and it still didn't work. Clearing the cache on the 360 didn't help either.

MetalMudkip
03-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Whoops, I also forgot to add that I also deleted my save files off the 360 as well, it saves your room stuff, etc