PDA

View Full Version : the easiest games?

littlejay
03-24-2010, 04:59 PM
OK, so we have to buy 16 games to get 48 medals (at least)
what are some of the easier games to get medals in?

I know many of us can't waste money on games that have stupid high scores making the medals tough to get.

So, with this thread lets post what games you have played and how easy/hard the medals are.

DwayneDays
03-24-2010, 05:13 PM
jungler was easy for me , got the highscore gold on my 3rd try

Psymox
03-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Lunar landing, I found easy. I came #1 on the leaderboards with my first attempt.

ThingWitch
03-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Crystal castles is fairly easy once you get the hang of it. It shouldn't take anyone more than an hour to get at least silvers in everything. I've already got a gold for the high score challenge and i've never played this or any other 'proper' arcade in my life really.

Todaysforgotten
03-24-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm too lazy to look but is there a default goal for each game or are they different? If its just score based I could tell you yars revenge is a simple game. Can't recall the rest of the games coming out.

Vernox
03-24-2010, 07:11 PM
They newer games seem easier then the older ones. Fair warning if the game is made for 2 player (Atari mostly) there is only a timed medal.

Ohheythere
03-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Personally...Red Baron is the easiest. Once you get the hang of it, it really isn't that bad.

littlejay
03-25-2010, 02:09 AM
crystal castles is very easy. it's a small tad tricky for the survivor gold but if you time your running around, you can get 6 minutes pretty easy.
if you go to the left and do the hidden mission trick you get 3 more lives. so stay alive as long as you can in the first mission until you are out of lives, then go to the hidden mission and stay up top with your 3 new lives and bam.

any others yall know of?

demi
03-25-2010, 03:25 AM
Shao-Lin Road

I got 2 Golds off a single play (40 points) in someone else's Arcade

TwinTipZ
03-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Different things are easier for different people when it comes to old school games. I would demo 3 different types of games and see what you like more.

JLogan27
03-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Astrosmash for me. I got 2 gold medals on my first game. Of course, I was a champ at it back in the day...I was invited to the Tournament in Houston that was mentioned in the History bio of the game (my mom did not let me go).

Josh Knight
03-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Road Fighter is easy, by the team you get the gold Time spender medal you will have the point buster and survivalist golds

TheInsanityInc
03-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Crystal Castles for me. Once you've played through the levels a couple of times and know how to avoid the trees and catch the "gem eaters", it's not hard at all to get all the golds.

dcif20
03-25-2010, 10:15 PM
well in an hours worth of Centipede, I managed to get all 3 gold medals so i guess that is easy

Spoony Bard
03-25-2010, 10:48 PM
I believe Outlaw only has one available medal, the time one, and it breaks down as follows:

Bronze - play for 30 minutes
Silver - play for 1 hour
Gold - play for 2 hours

Since it's impossible to lose the game in single player, just turn it on and then read a book or something until the time has lapsed. You can also save the game every now and then to check how long you've been playing.

Psymox
03-25-2010, 11:28 PM
well in an hours worth of Centipede, I managed to get all 3 gold medals so i guess that is easy

Have you got any tips? I am really struggling with this game, I can't even manage 2 mins.

I tried to youtube a video but got distracted by giant real life centipede videos. Man, they are creepy! *Shivers*

Easy 3x Gold: "For me anyway"
Road Fighter
Lunar Lander
Astrosmash
Red Baron
Jungler
Crystal Castle
Yars' Revenge
Finalizer

TheGoldenReaper
03-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Edit: I just discovered the boost button in Roadfighter. This game is so much more easier now.

Loopstahblue
03-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Have you got any tips? I am really struggling with this game, I can't even manage 2 mins.

I tried to youtube a video but got distracted by giant real life centipede videos. Man, they are creepy! *Shivers*

If you look at the leaderboard for a game you can view a replay of any of the games on it.

I've found this really helpful for getting tactics for some of the trickier games as I can see what others did.

A J
03-29-2010, 12:59 AM
I believe Outlaw only has one available medal, the time one, and it breaks down as follows:

Bronze - play for 30 minutes
Silver - play for 1 hour
Gold - play for 2 hours

Since it's impossible to lose the game in single player, just turn it on and then read a book or something until the time has lapsed. You can also save the game every now and then to check how long you've been playing.
This doesnt work if you leave the game on it puts on like a screen saver, i left it for 1 1/2 hours and when i came back it only added on 2 1/2 mins .

shadaik
03-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Lunar Lander: I've never had a session take less than the time to get Survivalist gold and Score Breaker is rather easy once you the hang of it (practice in Classic Mode constantly refilling fuel by pressing RB, you may use this practice to get the Blisters one as well while you're at it).

Crystal Castles is almost a joke thanks to exploitable glitches in the 1st and 4th level