PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3: GOTY or Classics?

AuriDUL
03-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Hello.

I wonder which version is better:
a) Fallout 3 Game of the Year or
b) Fallout 3 Classics?

If I understand correctly, F3 Classics won't have DLCs included in it. Correct me if I'm wrong. :) And actually, this is the most important part for me.

F3 GOTY costs 29.99 and have all DLCs included.
F3 Classics is going to cost 19.99 but it doesn't mention that DLCs are included.

If that's the case, I'd buy GOTY immediately since game.co.uk has already had GOTY for X360 out of stock. But if it turns out that Classics have DLCs as well...

So? What are your thoughts? :)

-AuriDUL

BrandAid1138
03-24-2010, 06:52 PM
goty edition all the way man. i got it for a gift this last christmas and am still playing it. love the game.

Ordo
03-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Definitely get GOTY Edition. In the US I purchased a brand new Fallout 3 GOTY Edition for $50. And the original Fallout 3 Classics was $40 new. That and all the DLC is $10 each purchase, I ended up saving about $40 in the end. I don't know how much that translates over to Euros but it's definitely the better bargain. I would refrain from installing Mothership Zeta at first because it ruins the alien ship crash site, and you can't find the Death Ray (name of gun?).

But other than that it's a very good deal.

This Guy2801
03-24-2010, 07:14 PM
I bought the GOTY edition not too long ago, from ShopTo.net
they do free delivery and it was like about 29.99 i think, only took 3 days to come as well

edit: found out if i recommend you it via your email i get 1 credit ;) aha
if you can be bothered private message me aha :)

also, I read that the Classic edition will have the first DLC included, but youll still save more with the GOTY and trust me you'll want the dlc :)

(http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2FA16-Fallout%203%20Game%20Of%20The%20Year%20Edition.htm l)

AuriDUL
03-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Ok. Thanks for the answers everyone :)

Fallout 3 GOTY ordered at game.co.uk :)

Phiggins81
03-25-2010, 09:57 AM
I bought Fallout 3 GOTY for 17.99 (pre-owned) from game about a week ago. I couldn't leave it there at that price, especially when the non GOTY edition was still 19.99???
Haven't really played it yet, but hoping to when i get back from work.

MrBubbles x360a
03-27-2010, 03:50 PM
I bought Fallout 3 rite when it came out but the GOTY is a great deal all the way.

big red marino
03-30-2010, 07:24 PM
So how does this new GOTY edition disc work? Do you have to load each DLC? Someone commented that you should wait to load alien mothership because it ruins the crash site. So it does not just play right off the disc? I have the original version and played it almost to the end...now with the DLC available on one disc I want to play all the wonderful DLC. Can someone explain how this would work with my current save? There are two missions I have not done as of yet as I was afraid to complete the game because I heard it could ruin the DLC.

Thanks,
Big Red

Yemeth
04-02-2010, 09:50 PM
So how does this new GOTY edition disc work? Do you have to load each DLC? Someone commented that you should wait to load alien mothership because it ruins the crash site. So it does not just play right off the disc? I have the original version and played it almost to the end...now with the DLC available on one disc I want to play all the wonderful DLC. Can someone explain how this would work with my current save? There are two missions I have not done as of yet as I was afraid to complete the game because I heard it could ruin the DLC.

Thanks,
Big Red

I dont believe it will ruin the game at all.

Just put the dlc disk in, install the dlcs to your hard drive, then load up your save as usual. Nothing will happen.

qSasukep
04-04-2010, 04:06 PM
i think fallout classics and fallout 3 GOTY are 2 different games man.

classics is fallout 1 & 2 then another game im not sure, cant remember while fallout 3 goty is just fallout 3 with all the add ons

Pogo27
04-05-2010, 03:29 AM
Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout: Tactics, Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel were all released before Fallout 3. Additionally, there was a tabletop game called Fallout: Warfare.

Massa Siggy
04-05-2010, 03:31 AM
GOTY. The DLC is so much fun it's crazy.

roulex
04-05-2010, 04:13 AM
The crash site in the original isn't a mission, it's a spot on the world map where you can find the most powerful weapon in the game, the Alien Blaster. If you have the DLC, going to where the crash site is instead starts the DLC instead of you just finding a random wrecked UFO in the middle of nowhere. I'd personally not worry about it and just install the DLC, it's not like the game's that hard anyways.

deathreaper99
04-05-2010, 08:30 AM
I got classic since they were on sale. Then waited for the dlcs to drop. At that time it was $60 for the goty and 15 for classic and rougly 5 bucks for each dlc I think I saved money!