PDA

View Full Version : 10,800 msp!

Never Final
03-24-2010, 06:31 PM
From what I figure that is about what it will cost you to get all 1000 out of this. To obtain LVL 20 you will need 400 Points total. Each Cabinet gives 9 points. (5 for Gold, 3 for Silver, 1 for Bronze) Thats just under 45 Cabinets. 45*240 is 10,800 MSP. (Thats about 135 USD)

And thats only if you get EVERY medal from EVERY game.

You have to spend 4800 MSP to get the 48 Medals for all the medals achievements.

Yea HOLY CRAPPOLA!!!

MCurley
03-24-2010, 06:35 PM
A lot of you are looking at this as if you are forced to buy every game now and unless you're psycho about having 1000 in this immediately, that isn't necessary.

I would be perfectly happy if over a year or two they release enough games I enjoy that I will slowly be able to reach that point. I'm not gonna buy every game just for 1000.

Also, I've spent so much more than $135 on DLC that it's hard to see that being an unreasonable price over that much time.

Miss Cherry13
03-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Whatttttttttttttttttttttttt!! :eek: Pants...there goes my completion percentage....:mad:

Never Final
03-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Yea I plan on getting games eventually. Nothing thats out right now really catches my eye. I think 3 dollars is a bit much for most of whats out right now. I wish they were priced like Wii. Where depending on the system they cost different amounts. Atari would be 80 MSP and upwards to like Genesis or something would be 400 or something.

Your entire arcade can hold 96 objects. (Cabinets/Props)

linktriforce007
03-24-2010, 06:42 PM
I can deal with that much MSP. At least I'll have fun while I'm at it. Anyone wanna boost the achievement where I have to play a game in your room?

Curtieson
03-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Also, can you not earn a medal with your "trial" play? You get one free play of each game, if you use that to get a medal...and do that 48 times (adventually there will be 1000 games)...simple enough.

I do not know how the levels work yet though to comment on that...

Never Final
03-24-2010, 06:52 PM
I dont think you can get medals from cabinets you dont own.

littlejay
03-24-2010, 06:52 PM
pfft.............

Never Final
03-24-2010, 06:53 PM
you need 45 medals not 45 games. stop freaking people out. you only need 16 $3 games.
which is $48 for 1000g

No. You need 20 points to gain each level. Each medal gives a certain number of points as I stated in my OP.

littlejay
03-24-2010, 06:54 PM
do you KNOW every level is 20 points?

Never Final
03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Thats what it states in the Achievement guide here.

The Carrot Cake Kid
03-24-2010, 06:55 PM
240ms points for an Atari 2600 game is just f*cking insane. They SERIOUSLY should be 80ms points, 160 at the most.

slmmzy
03-24-2010, 07:00 PM
240ms points for an Atari 2600 game is just f*cking insane. They SERIOUSLY should be 80ms points, 160 at the most.
Agreed, the pricing is way off.

littlejay
03-24-2010, 07:08 PM
the achievement guide is incomplete. and what's with the 3 different types of medals (point buster, survival, time spender) then gold, silver and bronze?

i wont be able to get any games for this till tomorrow but it sounds like a lot of guessing going on in these forums.

Thinreaper
03-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Typical fucking Microsoft. I'm starting to wonder what the fuck we pay 40 quid a year for, we get NOTHING for free from Microsoft.

Theoklymenus
03-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Can you not get three of each medal, so not nine points but 27? Kind of confused about the scoring here...

Benchem
03-24-2010, 07:16 PM
From what I figure that is about what it will cost you to get all 1000 out of this. To obtain LVL 20 you will need 400 Points total. Each Cabinet gives 9 points. (5 for Gold, 3 for Silver, 1 for Bronze) Thats just under 45 Cabinets. 45*240 is 10,800 MSP. (Thats about 135 USD)

And thats only if you get EVERY medal from EVERY game.

You have to spend 4800 MSP to get the 48 Medals for all the medals achievements.

Yea HOLY CRAPPOLA!!!

You're wrong in saying that each Cabinet gives a max score of 9 points. There seems to be 3 medals for most games (I saw one with only a single medal), and each type of medal has 3 milestones, being gold, silver and bronze. Therefore a score of 27 points per game is obtainable, as Theoklymenus said. I hope that is how it works anyway.

Also, I'm curious as as to whether the 48 medals achievement stacks the medals, like I'm assuming the level on does. So, you can get 9 medals per game (3 of each colour)?

Anyone got any insight/ideas?

R Rated Love
03-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Typical fucking Microsoft. I'm starting to wonder what the fuck we pay 40 quid a year for, we get NOTHING for free from Microsoft.

Are you dense? You pay 40 quid for Xbox Live. It's not like they promise you free shit when you sign up for it. If you pay $12 for a meal, are you disappointed when there isn't a free dessert? Give me a fucking break. Microsoft doesn't owe us anything.

Never Final
03-24-2010, 07:22 PM
You're wrong in saying that each Cabinet gives a max score of 9 points. There seems to be 3 medals for most games (I saw one with only a single medal), and each type of medal has 3 milestones, being gold, silver and bronze. Therefore a score of 27 points per game is obtainable, as Theoklymenus said. I hope that is how it works anyway.

Also, I'm curious as as to whether the 48 medals achievement stacks the medals, like I'm assuming the level on does. So, you can get 9 medals per game (3 of each colour)?

Anyone got any insight/ideas?

So each type of medal has 3 levels? So if a game has all types of medals you can get 27 points from it. If it only has one type like you stated one game did then it will only have 9 points. Thats definitely better than what I figured. Sorry for the confusion.

littlejay
03-24-2010, 07:22 PM
that's what i was thinking. but unless someone with lots of ms points wants to test it all for the poor people, we just have to learn a little bit at a time what games support what number of medals

Benchem
03-24-2010, 07:35 PM
So each type of medal has 3 levels? So if a game has all types of medals you can get 27 points from it. If it only has one type like you stated one game did then it will only have 9 points. Thats definitely better than what I figured. Sorry for the confusion.

That would be my best, educated guess. For instance, I bought Jungler, and it had 3 medals to begin with: Score X amounts of points in a single game, survive for Y seconds, and play, overall, for Z amount of time. When I achieved the first 2 medals, the silver milestones opened up for me.

It seems logical that the gold, silver and bronze variants of a single medal would count as 3 medals, doesn't it.

If anyone on here has gold or silver medals on a game, could they confirm/dismiss as to whether they count as separate medals or not?

Never Final
03-24-2010, 07:39 PM
That would be my best, educated guess. For instance, I bought Jungler, and it had 3 medals to begin with: Score X amounts of points in a single game, survive for Y seconds, and play, overall, for Z amount of time. When I achieved the first 2 medals, the silver milestones opened up for me.

It seems logical that the gold, silver and bronze variants of a single medal would count as 3 medals, doesn't it.

If anyone on here has gold or silver medals on a game, could they confirm/dismiss as to whether they count as separate medals or not?

I bought milipede and im trying to get a silver. Once I do Ill let you know what happens.

Ive unlocked 2 Bronze medals so far and gotten 2 points for each. Im trying to get the silver but this game is hard lol.

Whistler
03-24-2010, 07:41 PM
It's 15 points per game, gold gives 5 points, and you can get 3 gold medals per game!

But you don't have to buy every game, you can pay per play also, it's 40 MSP for 1 play. But the time spend medal I don't think you can get on any game with just 1 play so that's 10 points with 2 gold medals that's max for 1 play.

So you buy one game and pay per play on the rest. And if you are good and get it on your first try you can 1000/1000 on this by "only" spending 1800 MSP!

-edit- And if you buy every game it comes to 6480 MSP

littlejay
03-24-2010, 07:55 PM
you get points for other medals too not just gold

Benchem
03-24-2010, 07:57 PM
It seems we've forgotten the "Win 10 X Medals" achievements, which will most likely need to be done on 10 separate games. That, and the "Win 20 Medals of each type" achievements may be the only ones that will make this cost alot.

littlejay
03-24-2010, 07:58 PM
well, someone get just a couple of games and see if they can get 10 medals between them and that should answer most questions right there :p

Whistler
03-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Medal Mad 50http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg
Win 20 Medals of each type

That one destroys my count! You need 20 time spent medals so can't just pay per play then! So if you buy 20 games and pay per play on the rest the minimum you have to spend is 5200 MSP.

-edit- Yes Benchem I missed that one.

Whistler
03-24-2010, 08:01 PM
you get points for other medals too not just gold

Yes but 5 points is the max. So if you have silver and have 3 points and then get gold you only get 2 more points!

Nikke84
03-24-2010, 08:02 PM

They don't stack I'm afraid, I got gold in both points and survival on the game Finalizer and I need to play another 15 minutes to get bronze in time spent and I have not gotten the achievement for 3 medals yet.
Luckily you can enter classic mode and just leave it at the title screen and you get credit for the time spent once you exit the game.

Setoraven
03-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Urgh... no thank you...

I find it quite sad/ironic/rage inducing that in the exact same moment you launch the game they give you the first achievement right away so you won't be able to delete the gamescore history when you realize you need to spend an unholy ammount of money of this thing.

I guess it works pretty damn good for people who are obsessed with game completion, that's pretty low Microsoft, that's pretty fucking low, even for your own standards.

Bobafettjm
03-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey Whistler if you want to boost those challenge achievements, I know we both have 1 of the same game.

Whistler
03-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey Whistler if you want to boost those challenge achievements, I know we both have 1 of the same game.

Sure! I have sent a challenge to an inactive friend to see if the other person have to play in order for you to get the win. about 30mins left but probably won't work so let's do that!

Never Final
03-24-2010, 08:06 PM
It seems we've forgotten the "Win 10 X Medals" achievements, which will most likely need to be done on 10 separate games. That, and the "Win 20 Medals of each type" achievements may be the only ones that will make this cost alot.

You can get 3 medals of each type from each game. Most games to get the Score/Survivalist medals you have to play ranked. The Time medal can be obtained on classic mode.

It looks like some of these games are really hard to get gold. I was never good at alot of these older games. I got the Road Fighter and Millipede cabinets and thats all Im buying for now.

Road Fighter is hard. Even getting all the fuel cars I still run out of fuel. Its messed up.

Nikke84
03-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Medal Mad 50http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg
Win 20 Medals of each type

That one destroys my count! You need 20 time spent medals so can't just pay per play then! So if you buy 20 games and pay per play on the rest the minimum you have to spend is 5200 MSP.

-edit- Yes Benchem I missed that one.
If you want to make it to level 20 you will need to max out 25 games and get at least 5 points in a 26th. That's 26 games and 6240MSP, blargh :(

littlejay
03-24-2010, 08:07 PM
are there not 3 time medals per game? buy 2 games, and let them sit there until you get all 3 time spender medals and see if you get the achievement for 5 time medals

Never Final
03-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Yes but 5 points is the max. So if you have silver and have 3 points and then get gold you only get 2 more points!

Now thats shitty. Doesnt even seem worth it to try for the extra points. Some of the golds are way up there from what my friends are sayin.

Whistler
03-24-2010, 08:11 PM
If you want to make it to level 20 you will need to max out 25 games and get at least 5 points in a 26th. That's 26 games and 6240MSP, blargh :(

I counted that you buy 20 games, then just pay 40MSP for one play on the rest and get 10 points (2 gold) on them. But I counted 20*20 for total XP but you start at lvl 1 so it's 19*20. Then the total is 5120 MSP! Third time is the charm so hope I got it right this time :p

Bobafettjm
03-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Sure! I have sent a challenge to an inactive friend to see if the other person have to play in order for you to get the win. about 30mins left but probably won't work so let's do that!

Yea the other person has to play. I tried doing that this morning and the challenge ended and no achievement.

Bobafettjm
03-24-2010, 08:13 PM
This is a game I will probably slowly buy a game at a time for.

Whistler
03-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Now thats shitty. Doesnt even seem worth it to try for the extra points. Some of the golds are way up there from what my friends are sayin.

Some are easy, and with the amount of games Microsoft has said to come to this there will be 28 easy ones sometime.

Nikke84
03-24-2010, 08:24 PM
I counted that you buy 20 games, then just pay 40MSP for one play on the rest and get 10 points (2 gold) on them. But I counted 20*20 for total XP but you start at lvl 1 so it's 19*20. Then the total is 5120 MSP! Third time is the charm so hope I got it right this time :p
Getting 2 gold medals on your first try in 8 different games is pretty optimistic though.

Whistler
03-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Getting 2 gold medals on your first try in 8 different games is pretty optimistic though.

Yes, but Lunar Landing was easy to do that on! Just need to find 7 more :p

Never Final
03-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Yea so I have 4 medals

Finalizer I have Silver/Bronze/Nothing so 5 points.
Road Fighter I have no medals on.
Millipede I have Bronze/Bronze/Nothing so 4 points.

So it seems When you get Bronze you get 2 points. Upgrade it to Silver you get 1 additional point. Upgrade it to Gold and you get 2 additional points. So 15 points per game is right. So 400/15 will give you 26.667. 26 games you will need to get all gold on plus 6 medals on another to get the lvl 20 achievement. Thats if its true that each level takes 20 points. I need another 11 points to get the next level to check it for sure.

ZeteroN
03-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Time to save up some points then...

Skully B
03-24-2010, 08:45 PM
This is only worth it if they come up with more arcade games which i actually like i dont like most of the games they have up there now which totally upsets me hopefully they come up with something soon and bring this thing out some more it's still new so keep your hopes up

Skully Kaishe
03-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Whoo I wish I was rolling in money or ms points, in this case, cause man xbox live is loving 2010 so far... tons of new retail games and now we have this game room with more games to get... it'd be nice to be rich right about now. Lol

badboyreaper666
03-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Urgh... no thank you...

I find it quite sad/ironic/rage inducing that in the exact same moment you launch the game they give you the first achievement right away so you won't be able to delete the gamescore history when you realize you need to spend an unholy ammount of money of this thing.

I guess it works pretty damn good for people who are obsessed with game completion, that's pretty low Microsoft, that's pretty fucking low, even for your own standards.

Agreed!!!!!!!!

Trikke
03-25-2010, 01:09 AM
F*cking micro$oft

I can get Red Alert, Eat Lead and Narnia for 6 each (that's 500MSP)

I may be a completionist, but I'll skip the achievement addiction on this title!
The achievements... Spend 30+ hrs in your arcade! Are they crazy??

As for my completion percentage, I'll heal my hurt with other titles.

WTF is wrong with these guys? Not getting enough money from the XBL Gold membership fees? Not getting enough money from DLCs?

You know what? I think I might buy some MS shares on NASDAQ, just in case people will be ready to spend all that money on their MS points =)

veece16
03-25-2010, 01:13 AM
Urgh... no thank you...

I didn't think about that, thank goodness for my other account.

shewillnotdie
03-25-2010, 01:16 AM
A lot of you are looking at this as if you are forced to buy every game now and unless you're psycho about having 1000 in this immediately, that isn't necessary.

I would be perfectly happy if over a year or two they release enough games I enjoy that I will slowly be able to reach that point. I'm not gonna buy every game just for 1000.

Also, I've spent so much more than $135 on DLC that it's hard to see that being an unreasonable price over that much time.

i agree. there seems to be a lot of flaming, and bitchin' about how they have it set up and the prices and all. I don't think 6.50 for two atari games is too unreasonable (u don't have to buy all of them at once!) and over time i'll get the cheivos. it's not like microsoft is forcin' yeah to participate. don't get me wrong some dlc microsoft does pisses me off(like give everyone the free fable II dlc after i ***** pay for it all), but i don't think the game room is set up to bad at all.

NITEMARECREATOR
03-25-2010, 01:24 AM

:eek: Damn, I can go to the local thrift store and buy a REAL Atari 2600 and a whole box of games for $3. :rolleyes:

It is the trivial of all things simple (avatar accessories and now this) that makes M$ the cash cows they are. You can only envy them for their geniousness.

SumHydroponic
03-25-2010, 01:31 AM
Yeah I saw earlier that each level takes 20 points, each game gives you 15 points except for a certain few that only give you 5 each. So yeah to get a perfect GS on Game Room is going to cost easily $150. Still, I am having a blast with it, hope they will be adding some games from the 90's to the mix. Would love me some Simpsons Arcade.

Carpe Jugulum
03-25-2010, 04:23 AM
Hell If I wanted to play atari 2600 game I'd go in the other room and plat 1 of the 3 I own. And charging for combat?! It came free with EVERY 2600 it should have been free here or at least not more than 10 msp

Never Final
03-25-2010, 04:37 AM
Yeah I saw earlier that each level takes 20 points, each game gives you 15 points except for a certain few that only give you 5 each. So yeah to get a perfect GS on Game Room is going to cost easily $150. Still, I am having a blast with it, hope they will be adding some games from the 90's to the mix. Would love me some Simpsons Arcade.

20 Levels is 400 points. 400/15 is 26.667 so 27 Cabinets at 240 MSP each is 6480 MSP which is $80 USD. Thats only if you get every gold medal for all 26 plus 6 out of the 9 in a 27th. Thats if you buy only games with 9 medals. You cant tell which only have 3 until you buy it.

Its Fooga
03-25-2010, 04:47 AM
Urgh... no thank you...

I lol'd. This is exactly why I didn't download this. I knew this arcade bullshit would be a joke from the start...including achievements. I'll pass.

Shelton
03-25-2010, 06:40 AM
You can get 3 medals of each type from each game. Most games to get the Score/Survivalist medals you have to play ranked. The Time medal can be obtained on classic mode.

It looks like some of these games are really hard to get gold. I was never good at alot of these older games. I got the Road Fighter and Millipede cabinets and thats all Im buying for now.

Road Fighter is hard. Even getting all the fuel cars I still run out of fuel. Its messed up.

I've got all gold on Finalizer, Tempest, and will have them soon on Crystal Castles, but Road Fighter is kicking my ass! To begin with, I didn't know you could use a boost, so I was always running out of fuel. That may be your problem? I read the instructions after a few failed attempts, and found my error.

Changing the control scheme to right trigger as accelerator and 'A' as boost helps. Still, only made it to stage 3 once. Need practice.

DeviousD
03-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I dont think you can get medals from cabinets you dont own. You can i did it today i got a gold on my friends Crystal Castles you have to pay 40MS to play a friends.:)

nodge2k
03-25-2010, 12:14 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's a theme that isn't available to level 40. It may not be possible to get the achievement for filling your arcade with unique themes until then (depending on how the game accepts the term unique). When I was going for Theme Filler it didn't seem to count the normal coloured ones, so it's possible it might not work here. If that is the case then the twelfth unique theme will unlock at L40. :o

Thinreaper
03-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Are you dense? You pay 40 quid for Xbox Live. It's not like they promise you free shit when you sign up for it. If you pay $12 for a meal, are you disappointed when there isn't a free dessert? Give me a fucking break. Microsoft doesn't owe us anything.

No I'm not fucking dense. But PS3 and Wii are both free online and microsoft are often criticised for charging gamers for a service that many believe should be free. Now I've never minded paying because I thought that the money goes towards exclusive stuff like DLC etc and an overall better online experience

But lately I feel like every single new scheme or feature Microsoft introduce, such as this game room, avatars, sky player, is less about providing us with a more enjoyable experience, and more about finding yet another way to milk money out of us.

Never Final
03-25-2010, 02:26 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's a theme that isn't available to level 40. It may not be possible to get the achievement for filling your arcade with unique themes until then (depending on how the game accepts the term unique). When I was going for Theme Filler it didn't seem to count the normal coloured ones, so it's possible it might not work here. If that is the case then the twelfth unique theme will unlock at L40. :o

Im sure more themes will come out between now and then.

farbeyonddriven
03-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Agreed, the pricing is way off.

Amen, it's complete daylight robbery, I could have more fun with pen and paper stick men.