PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Save File

vgfanatic1
03-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Since this game tends to save several seconds after you go back to the main menu (which I think is extremely stupid, many people are probably unaware it does this), I am always careful to wait at least 10 seconds to see if its saving. Well, after playing through about 3 or 4 missions yesterday, I exited to the main menu, waited about 10 seconds, and didn't see the "saving" pop up. I then though it might only be after you play multiplayer, because I hadn't played the single player in a while and didn't remember seeing it. Either way, I waited about 5 more seconds, and decided it was save to go to the dashboard. Well, today I boot up my game to find a very lovely "Your save file cannot be read" (or something like that) message. I turned off my xbox and tried again, and it didn't work. So I had to overwrite my save. My multiplayer stats are fine, but my single player campaign is completely erased, which sucks because I only had 3 missions left and the last 4 mcom stations. I know there is no way to get that back, but what I'm really worried about is my VIP code. When I entered the store, the "enter code" button appeared at the bottom, which I don't remember being there. Is it possible that the code got erased. Is there any way to check if the code is active? Thanks.

MajorBertolli
03-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Your VIP code still works, it just that when the save data reboots the messages tend to return as well. No worries