PDA

View Full Version : Are all gold medals as easy as the ones in Shao-Lin's Road?

Gamechamp
03-24-2010, 08:49 PM
I got both the High Score and Survival gold medals in my very first play of Ranked mode. It was kinda pathetic, considering I'd never even heard of the game before today. =/

I was looking forward to these medals being something I'd have to work for. I'm not interested in any of the other available games, so I haven't bought any. Can anybody tell me if the medals are harder in any others?

A side-question: is it possible to see the requirements for Bronze, Silver, and Gold medals after having earned a Gold? It went way too fast for me to sneak a peak, I was completely unprepared for the medals to explode like that. I'm interested in knowing what requirements I beat.

KiySeph
03-24-2010, 09:09 PM
I bought Battlantis and that's got some pretty hard medals. Only managed to get bronze medals so far for it. Looks like it's going to take a lot more practice to get to Gold. Then again, I've never been that good at shooters.

Never Final
03-24-2010, 09:10 PM
I got both the High Score and Survival gold medals in my very first play of Ranked mode. It was kinda pathetic, considering I'd never even heard of the game before today. =/

I was looking forward to these medals being something I'd have to work for. I'm not interested in any of the other available games, so I haven't bought any. Can anybody tell me if the medals are harder in any others?

A side-question: is it possible to see the requirements for Bronze, Silver, and Gold medals after having earned a Gold? It went way too fast for me to sneak a peak, I was completely unprepared for the medals to explode like that. I'm interested in knowing what requirements I beat.

Some of the are hard. It really depends on the person thats playing. i suck at most of the older games like Road Fighter. Lunar Lander seems like an easy gold as well.

xDAx AWESOME
03-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Road Fighter is not easy. Nope.

k2345
03-24-2010, 09:52 PM

Bought It, 5mins Later wish I didnt :(

nodge2k
03-24-2010, 09:57 PM

I didn't find it too hard. Then again, on my third attempt (where I got the gold medals in survivor and score-buster) I did end up being second on the leaderboard. Slipped down now though. You only need to make make it about two thirds of the way through the game to get the score/time needed. Not too hard if you slow down and concentrate on not crashing.

Never Final
03-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Well I hit level 2. Ive bought 6 cabinets so far.

Millipede
Centipede
Road Fighter
Shoalin whatever
Finalizer
Moon Lander

Ive gotten 27 medals

There are 50 levels each taking 20 points to reach. Each game gives 15 points. You only need to reach lvl 20 to get the last level achievement.

So It will take 26 games getting all gold plus 2 more in another game to get all 20 levels. If you buy them all thats 6,480 MSP. Alot less than I orginally thought but its about 60 bucks (Price of a regular game) Most likely though it will cost more as some games are insanely hard to get gold in.

245/1000 so far. Ill have more soon once my friends play the challenges I sent out.

SumHydroponic
03-25-2010, 01:51 AM
I bought Battlantis and that's got some pretty hard medals. Only managed to get bronze medals so far for it. Looks like it's going to take a lot more practice to get to Gold. Then again, I've never been that good at shooters.

That's funny, I got the first two Gold medals on Battlantis on my 2nd try.

Chrome30
03-26-2010, 11:58 AM
I would say some are more difficult than others as you can see from above. One person has trouble with Battlantis and the next person does it ASAP. It all depends. It is a fun time playing though =) I am currently at 30/56 achievements unlocked =) and I was just having fun playing!!

Psymox
03-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Arg, I can't even get Silver medals on Shao-Lin's Road. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Just like Asteroids Deluxe *Shakes fist with vengeance!*

Chrome30
03-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Are you jump kicking everyone? Or are you just using regular kicks? That could be a BIG difference in score. Also, for the "boss" battles do not attack them head on, wait for them to be just above you getting ready to jump down and all you have to do is jump to the platform they WERE on while kicking and you will deal them damage, then drop back down a level and repeat until they are dead...of course take out any pee-ons in your way.

JUMP KICKS are worth 500 pts while standard kicks are only 200 keep that in mind and try it out. Good luck!

D00mM4r1n3
03-26-2010, 12:14 PM
I was pissed with Asteroids Deluxe, the titles of the games are so hard to read on some of the cabinets that I thought I was buying the original Asteroids and not the Deluxe version. I've only managed 2 bronze medals on it.

Moon Lander is very easy but will take a minimum of 50 minutes for the Time Spender medal. I just played it continuously for an hour completing landings while listening to a podcast and got all the golds.

I tried Demos of several other games and haven't found any that really jump out as being any fun.

Right now I just hope they get all the bugs worked out. It took me an hour just to get into the Game Room (stuck on Loading) and it froze my Xbox when trying to leave the Game Room.

miiiguel
03-26-2010, 12:20 PM

Battlantis is awesome, isn't it? I love it, kinda Galaga on steroids.