PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Powers

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
03-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Anyone think these elemental power's, of which the idea probably came from the 2008 PoP game are un-needed?

The Sand's trilogy was and probably still is my favourite game series although The Two Throne's could have and should have had a bigger boss battle seeing the way it ended, and I just feel that these elemental powers are un-needed in the Sand's story.

I wasn't a fan of the 2008 games due to the random and in my eyes not needed add on to the style of game that PoP offers and having heard of this ability to solidify water to wall run up it etc makes me doubt whether this game is going to be a welcomed edition to the Sands story.

Clearly this power will be due to the curse that has swarmed the palace of the prince's brother or whatever as he didn't have the power in Warrior Within and Two Thrones and so that is why I think it may be a bad add on.

Really looking forward to the title and seeing if the story will have anything to add to the sands story or whether it will just be a story that features the use of the sands but hope the 2008 game doesn't influence too many added features to a sands story game.

Edit: Having just read the x360a preview I couldn't be more annoyed now. The sands reversing time has changed completely, seeing as this is set in the middle of the sands story it has pretty much ruined it. The element's are far over the top from what I first thought.

blade_pkr
04-26-2010, 12:24 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/pop-the-forgotten-sands-water/343707

using the water element

Tsukasa117
05-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I honestly don't know what to think of them yet, I dont like the fact that the prince has gone from the very quick acrobatic fighter to from what I've seen as the elemental juggernaut. But like I said I don't know yet time will tell if its really as bad as I'm probably making it look like it is.

LouNGeR
05-16-2010, 06:30 PM
I've been playing for some hours now and I think it's pretty awesome!

The power plates in PoP'08 were fine, kind of...They were just too easy and it didn't really feel as if you had control because all you needed to do was press 1 button when you arrived at the next plate.

Now in TFS you can solidify water, and IMHO it's a great addition. I don't know if there will be more elemental powers later on but this feature blends perfectly into the whole climbing/jumping system, which is similar PoP'08 but also faster and harder.
If you are like me and stunting/climbing around is what you like the most about PoP, you will love this.
It gets harder and harder to properly time your jumps and control the water.

EDIT: Ah you do get new stuff, now I can leap (teleport) to enemies from mid-air. Another welcome addition IMHO since it's yet another way to extend the control system.

And you gotta love this:

This is Persia! 20
Kick 20 enemies off of ledges.

Kicking enemies is awesome.