PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Castles - Easiest gold medal

scully1888
03-24-2010, 10:07 PM
You can get the gold Point Buster medal in Crystal Castles within seconds of playing.

On the first level, if you go to the far left, go round the back of the wall and head as far up as you can then jump, you'll warp to level 3. This also gives you a huge points bonus which is enough to get you a gold medal.

I bought the game so I can't confirm if you get medals for buying single plays. Can anyone else?

EDIT - Yup, it works. This means you can get the Gold medal for only 40MSP.

Never Final
03-24-2010, 10:09 PM
You can get the gold Point Buster medal in Crystal Castles within seconds of playing.

On the first level, if you go to the far left, go round the back of the wall and head as far up as you can then jump, you'll warp to level 3. This also gives you a huge points bonus which is enough to get you a gold medal.

I bought the game so I can't confirm if you get medals for buying single plays. Can anyone else?

Ill Try it give me a sec.

Tried and Tested and it worked. I just demoed the game in the Showcase Arcade and then quit and then paid for a session on it and it worked.

265/1000 now.

Ludo dave
03-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Ill Try it give me a sec.

Tried and Tested and it worked. I just demoed the game in the Showcase Arcade and then quit and then paid for a session on it and it worked.

265/1000 now. so it doesnt count because it wasnt free,,,

Never Final
03-24-2010, 10:57 PM
so it doesnt count because it wasnt free,,,

Nope. In order to get the Score Breaker and Survival medals you have to play ranked and FREE games are always in classic mode.

scully1888
03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
so it doesnt count because it wasnt free,,,
How does that not count?

This isn't www.freexbox360achievements.org. I only said it was an easy gold medal, not a free one.

Psymox
03-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Hehe, I just tried this and it worked to my amazement. So funny, what is this, a developers cheat or something? Whatever it is i'm glad. I bought the game then realised how bad it was xD

It's quite a shame that most of the games on here are not that good.

+Did anyone get the impression Toy Soldiers, Scrap Metal and Perfect Dark would be able to go in your games room?

Chuppernicus
03-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Hehe, I just tried this and it worked to my amazement. So funny, what is this, a developers cheat or something? Whatever it is i'm glad. I bought the game then realised how bad it was xD

It's quite a shame that most of the games on here are not that good.

+Did anyone get the impression Toy Soldiers, Scrap Metal and Perfect Dark would be able to go in your games room?

I thought this yes. But then when they were released first I figured I was wrong.

daviduk2000
03-25-2010, 01:42 AM
yeah i hoped we would be able to put cabinets of our old games in but nope. so its pretty crap/ never was a good idea especially since you cant even walk around what the hell is the point makes finding your games even harder. and for now reason. if you could walk around that would be ok but instead its a stupid pointless way to organise your new (old) games

Filter x360a
03-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Worked for me. Thanks for the tip!

MajinDustin
03-25-2010, 08:41 AM
yeah, i thought this was MS's way of updating the xbla and all the old shitty games were just a bonus :/

chalmers1
03-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Worked a treat, thanks for the tip ! :D

Chezwig
03-26-2010, 09:37 PM
You can actuallty get really far into the game using over warps - when you get to level 6-7 the enemies are super fast and the swarming bees are constantly appearing. How anyone ever "Completed" this games amazes me.

phluffhead19
03-27-2010, 02:12 AM
not working for me...buying the demo/ adding credits and doing the time warp but it isn't working for me. I am doing the warp, but the 140000 points isn't enough?

shadaik
03-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Also, I hope it's no problem when I just copy my own post, because it fits here as well:

Another one for Crystal Castle: At the third level (the castle), kill all three enemies (touch gem eaters while they're eating and the the witch while wearing the item lying just before her).
Now, only the unkilable respawning bee hive thingy should be left. Get into the cave and stand in the cave's upper left corner. The bee hive will appear again and again, but won't reach you, instead the enemy AI glitches and it gets stuck in one of two positions each time it respawns.
Just keep standing there. After 10 minutes in the level, you will lose a life, but by that time you will already have your Gold Survivalist medal. Have fun with it.

Oh, and don't be startled by the weird sounds the bee hive makes or if it doesn't make any sound at all a few times. That seems to be normal.
I'm not sure, but I think this is the level you get warped to, incidentally.

Also, it might be that I'm wrong in the part on death - it might be connected to player movement instead of time.

Downsize
03-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Only game I purchased...I never knew about the warp. Thanks.

Scorpus86
03-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Cool it worked. This was my first medal ;).
Thanks