PDA

View Full Version : F#$k me

RASISIMMORTAL
03-24-2010, 11:11 PM
I just downloaded this cuz it was free and BAM achievement unlocked 5G fuck me. now my gamercard is fucked cuz i will never play this shit

6000+ ms points for 1000G!!!

shewillnotdie
03-24-2010, 11:14 PM
eek... correct. :(

Phrankus
03-24-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm with you. This is literally the lamest thing ever. This has ruined my year. Microsoft has a lot to answer for polluting my tag with their unwanted sh.t.

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 12:44 AM
I'm with you. This is literally the lamest thing ever. This has ruined my year. Microsoft has a lot to answer for polluting my tag with their unwanted sh.t.

and I've got Gears of War 10/1000 for PC. Life sucks. Sorry to be a jerk, but it's the way it is.

rdowdy95
03-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Couldn't you just download it, and not open the program and then just delete it?

Phrankus
03-25-2010, 12:50 AM
That's totally different. You played that game, ran that risk, and did something to earn that achievement. I simply started game room and was "rewarded" with an achievement that I didn't want, before I even reached the main menu.

Now in order to max game room, I would have to spend money which I don't want to spend, as I have no interest in playing it. Presumably, you own PC gears, and would not have to spend anything further to max it out achievements-wise.

veece16
03-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Lol! It sucks that all these people are mad about earning the first 5g. Just make another silver profile and play it on there, that way you won't ruin your main GT and you can screw around on anything.

NITEMARECREATOR
03-25-2010, 01:27 AM
I just downloaded this cuz it was free and BAM achievement unlocked 5G fuck me. now my gamercard is fucked cuz i will never play this shit!!!

I 2nd that notion. I should have come here 1st to read all the headaches and bitchin before I jumped in the pool, realizing there was no water in it...

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 01:30 AM
this makes me so pissed as well. i have guitar hero 3 for 5/1000 because my friend brought it over one time. and now i have this garbage on my profile that is a total waste of money. they draw you in by giving you that first 5g and then you cant delete that game history. i am so angry about this.

i have bought the asteroids delux game and i am looking for someone who also has it and wants to boost challenges. send me a friend request at

Cro73o

the last digit in my gamertag is the letter O, not the number zero

Exact same thing happened to me. I just wish I didn't get it. I'm really thinking about calling MSFT to get them to take it down. maybe that's what you guys can do?

Phrankus
03-25-2010, 02:02 AM
Exact same thing happened to me. I just wish I didn't get it. I'm really thinking about calling MSFT to get them to take it down. maybe that's what you guys can do?

This has been an issue for a long time, and it really looks like Microsoft are not going to budge on this one. That being said, if anything makes them change their policies, it will be the feedback from this monstrosity!

Best thing I can think of is to just contact Sentuamessage or something!

RyMercer
03-25-2010, 02:39 AM
This sucks.. Now I have this damn game room sitting on my game's played list and for someone like me that cares about completion percentage that is a low move by M$. I thought I would load the thing up to check it out but nooo they planned that by throwing your ass right into the Test Room or whatever the hell it is.. Ping! "Achievement Unlocked: Thanks for the money suckker!"

djhepcat
03-25-2010, 02:59 AM
I'm with you. This is literally the lamest thing ever. This has ruined my year. Microsoft has a lot to answer for polluting my tag with their unwanted sh.t. ruined your year? I think a little perspective is in order here.

DOOKH8R
03-25-2010, 03:05 AM
I haven't logged on today, but are you forced to download game room?

RASISIMMORTAL
03-25-2010, 03:09 AM
I haven't logged on today, but are you forced to download game room?

lol no ur not. but unless you want to spend $135 for 1000g dont download it.

Mongolian Beef
03-25-2010, 03:21 AM
ah hah haa ha ha ha..

yeah, i'm not even gonna download it.

DOOKH8R
03-25-2010, 03:24 AM
lol no ur not. but unless you want to spend $135 for 1000g dont download it.

Cool. I don't really care about the money, but I don't want to play a bunch of crappy arcade games that I didn't care about when I was a kid, and I don't care about now.

litepink
03-25-2010, 04:18 AM
ruined your year? I think a little perspective is in order here.

agreed.

ruined his whole YEAR.:biglaugh. I laughed so hard.

I used to be more concerned about having crap games with low achievements but in the end, it isn't the end of the world. It will get buried to the bottom of your list (like Yaris did for me) and you will forget about, before the year is up...

Allan Caesar
03-25-2010, 05:26 AM
Who cares really? I mean so what if your completion is gonna be lowerered, its like doing a good deed for someone. no one is going to notice. :)

Phrankus
03-25-2010, 07:57 AM
ruined your year? I think a little perspective is in order here.

Lol yeah fair play, just being dramatic ;)

CAPTAIN PHATMAN
03-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Why it pisses people off i never know. the fact people think other gamers are going to check out their card and do the maths is pathetic. It not like anyone wins anything for having high gamer score anyway, lads seem to think gamerscore is some sort of internet cock, the bigger the better. When im going thru a game to complete it, im having fun figuring out what to do and reading forums for help, im not gettin aroused by the thought one of my friends might actually look at my score and/or care.

im yet to hear anyone happy that they can pick up 85 or so G's for free!

DaChiefOfOwnage
03-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Why it pisses people off i never know. the fact people think other gamers are going to check out their card and do the maths is pathetic. It not like anyone wins anything for having high gamer score anyway, lads seem to think gamerscore is some sort of internet cock, the bigger the better. When im going thru a game to complete it, im having fun figuring out what to do and reading forums for help, im not gettin aroused by the thought one of my friends might actually look at my score and/or care.

This.

And 80G for free is great. Took me fifteen minutes, and I'll never go back to Gay Room again.

Jet1337
03-25-2010, 09:12 AM
LOL WHAT THE FUCK?!? xD

Lemme get this straight. You're mad because you downloaded a free game and got 80 free gamerscore?!? What the fuck did Hell freeze over? I'mma go see...

Brrrrr....yep Hell froze over. Hey at least when I go there when I die I won't have to worry about burning! :)

padraiglovesyou
03-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Lol! Hate that! Thank god i didn't get it :)

Hutchy27
03-25-2010, 01:11 PM
i got 80g without buying owt because i didn't know u had to pay for each game thought the be at least one free one :/

XXPh3n0m3n4LXX
03-25-2010, 01:46 PM
For people that are completionists, can't you go to the game library on the dashboard and delete it? I know you can delete games off your list but not sure if you can still delete it if you got an achievement for that certain game.

Cringer85
03-25-2010, 01:58 PM

not quite true. Some people check out each other gamercards, score and completion. I know I do and a lot of the people on my list (many from this site) do. I know that because I get some messages sometimes about how I completed some games or congrats on completing some games. And that's nice.
Also, a lot of people around here don't give a **** about a lot of gamerscore or every extra free gamerscore. What most people care about is the completion of a game. Because the actual completion feels like an accomplishment - 85G in a game you don't want to complete feels like (unfair) incompletion.

But I also agree with that the OP should have used a second account of cause to check out Game Room first. So basically it's his own fault.

Joshi 82 AT
03-25-2010, 02:14 PM
I just downloaded this cuz it was free and BAM achievement unlocked 5G fuck me. now my gamercard is fucked cuz i will never play this shit

Totally with you.

Mongolian Beef
03-25-2010, 02:23 PM
For people that are completionists, can't you go to the game library on the dashboard and delete it? I know you can delete games off your list but not sure if you can still delete it if you got an achievement for that certain game.
No you can only delete games with 0g on it, yeah it sucks, i know.

BLACK KATANAxMa
03-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Well i know not to download that.

ThrustfulSteve
03-27-2010, 06:14 PM
they did the same thing with hasbro family game night, you think your getting something for free but its actually one of the biggest rip offs on xbox

Afro Ninja
03-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Are you serious!? You're all pissed off because one free game is ruining your percentage of games complete!? Oh boohoo, cry me a river! Get over it, it's just one game! RASISIMMORTAL, I guarantee you sooner or later, you'll buy a bunch of other games and you'll fuck up on them as well.

OG Baker224
03-27-2010, 06:43 PM
i agree downloaded it just to check it out the 5g poped up comp% down:mad::mad:

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
03-27-2010, 07:04 PM

ROTFLMAO!

That is the stupidest comment I have heard about anything so far this year!! LOL LOL LOL

'Microsoft tarnished my meaningless gamertag with a product I don't like! How dare they! They should have never made something that I wouldn't like! Don't they know my tag is the ultimate representation of who I am and it will always be with me forever?! SCREW MICROSOFT!!!'

LOL Good stuff.

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
03-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Why it pisses people off i never know. the fact people think other gamers are going to check out their card and do the maths is pathetic.

These are the same types of personalities that will do shit like nuke boosting in MW2. They'll actually spend $50 on a LIVE account to create a junk profile that a friend will play while they kill that friend over and over and over. Like anyone gives a shit that their k/d ratio is 2.67! We all know you boosted it, lamebrain, and no one cared about your stats to begin with (good or bad).

I'm going to start emailing players that have games on their tags that only have one chevo completed. I'll be like: "WTF? Why do you suck at life so much? Do you know how important this issue is? There are gamerscorless children dying in Africa right now that would love to be able to play the game you simply discarded!" LOL

xRogue 5x
03-27-2010, 07:26 PM
YouTube- Janis Joplin - Cry Baby

Afro Ninja
03-27-2010, 07:41 PM
YouTube- Janis Joplin - Cry Baby (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDIaDS9HhMw)
Epic! People really need to get over it.

retroboy
03-29-2010, 08:31 AM
It is unfair it does this.

Whether you agree or not some people like to keep their GC clean. You cannot demo the game without getting an achievement. It is kind of like how when you used yo try the arcade games but if you didn't like them they were on your GC.

To all people who say that the OP is an idiot and should have used a second account; when have trial versions unlocked achievements? Getting achievements for free is good but only if you can get them all.

At the end of the day it is his gamercard and he has a right to be annoyed about this.

Seraphim Lloyd
03-29-2010, 08:43 AM
You guys do realize that you wont die for having one game on your list that isn't 100%. Its not like a midget will come out of your closet and kick you in the balls for having an incomplete game. Also I found it to be somewhat fun in the countless hours I put into so just buy a few now and buy new games every now and then and you wont think that you wasted 135 bucks even though you did.

Ratpelt
03-29-2010, 08:56 AM
I lol'd at every idiot who posted a "BOO-HOO LOL, why do you even care about achievements anyway you loser!" on xbox360achievements.org. It's a website for people who are into achievements and completionism and boosting. If you don't like it why are you even on here?

For a lot of people on this site, their internet penis is similar to their real penis; long is good, but what really matters is girth.

Now, to carry the metaphor further than I should, my gamer score is only around the 21k mark (still larger than average ;)), but my completion ratio is a thick, veiny 99.73%. Or it was. Before Gay Room. So yeah, OP I feel your pain, and anyone spending their time on a site dedicated to things they don't even care about is a much bigger loser than they think YOU are.

Finally, a pre-emptive response to anybody who feels to flame, ridicule, belittle or tbh even disagree with my post:

*careface*

EDIT: Since I downloaded this game the midgets in my closet have been eyeing my balls.

retroboy
03-29-2010, 09:16 AM
Lol no midgets won't kick you in the balls but it is an irritation and a possible eyesore to you on your GC.

People have the right to be annoyed at this.

Belvik
03-29-2010, 02:21 PM
It did that crap on GTA 4...as soon as you get off the boat after the cut scene it sticks it to you with gamerscore. Now I have that game stuck on my list and find it to be a terrible game so I'll never get any more GS on it.

Defcizion
03-29-2010, 02:27 PM
This thread has provided much comic relief.

Nikke84
03-29-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't understand why you would play a game that you well... don't want to play in the first place?

retroboy
03-29-2010, 03:55 PM
You play a game to demo it, sticking a retail game in your console, getting score off of it and it being on your card forever is a totally different story to downloading an arcade game to try it and having an achievement pop up thus it sticking to your card forever.

Either though it totally blows. I would be in favour of possibly being able to edit your whole gamercard. Although this would be a hackers/annoying brother/asshole friend/enemies delight aswell.

Perhaps they could implement a safeguard against this such as a unique password or soemthing for editing your gamercard. Although this could also ruin truthful and free market research MS get from gamercards :)

Nikke84
03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
You play a game to demo it, sticking a retail game in your console, getting score off of it and it being on your card forever is a totally different story to downloading an arcade game to try it and having an achievement pop up thus it sticking to your card forever.
This is not an Arcade Game, this is a free Games on Demand-Game:rolleyes:

Habilis_Orian
03-29-2010, 05:57 PM

You do realize that this was actually a Full Game and not a demo, right?

If you're that concerned about Gamescore, just make an alternate account and try the games on that one just so you won't get 5G or whatever on a game you may not like.

Dibs No Joust
03-29-2010, 07:23 PM
This sucks.. Now I have this damn game room sitting on my game's played list and for someone like me that cares about completion percentage that is a low move by M$. I thought I would load the thing up to check it out but nooo they planned that by throwing your ass right into the Test Room or whatever the hell it is.. Ping! "Achievement Unlocked: Thanks for the money suckker!"

Says the guy who has completed about 10 of his 27 games...

Cable Player
03-29-2010, 09:10 PM

boom. 80ish G and a shit load of money for the rest.
I call shinnanagon!!!
or however the hell its called

Afro Ninja
03-29-2010, 09:36 PM
I lol'd at every idiot who posted a "BOO-HOO LOL, why do you even care about achievements anyway you loser!" on xbox360achievements.org. It's a website for people who are into achievements and completionism and boosting. If you don't like it why are you even on here?

For a lot of people on this site, their internet penis is similar to their real penis; long is good, but what really matters is girth.

Now, to carry the metaphor further than I should, my gamer score is only around the 21k mark (still larger than average ;)), but my completion ratio is a thick, veiny 99.73%. Or it was. Before Gay Room. So yeah, OP I feel your pain, and anyone spending their time on a site dedicated to things they don't even care about is a much bigger loser than they think YOU are.

Finally, a pre-emptive response to anybody who feels to flame, ridicule, belittle or tbh even disagree with my post:

*careface*

EDIT: Since I downloaded this game the midgets in my closet have been eyeing my balls. I'm an achievement whore myself but it's their fault and yet, they blame it on Microsoft. It's not Microsoft's fault, you guys should've looked at the achievements first before playing the game if you're that desperate about having 100% completion.

Shaftiel
03-30-2010, 12:40 AM
I agree with the OP... my completion % is only 83%, but I've been slowly bringing it up over the past few months and it matters to me. The instant 5 points is total BS.

And to those who mentioned it, yes ppl check my GC all the time and comment on it, good or bad, depending on what I do. I'm the same way. That's why they are my peers and we come to this site.

On the other hand,
For a lot of people on this site, their internet penis is similar to their real penis; long is good, but what really matters is girth. made me ROFL so hard that it almost made up for the points.