PDA

View Full Version : Getting Booted to Dashboard Possible Reason

mechbeast01
03-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Well as I'm sure many of you have had this experience at least once when your playing the game minding your own business when BAM! your thrown to the back to the Dashboard. Earlier today while I was trying to get into a game one of the new maps came up and so of course I got excited because I was like man finally I'm going to get to play some new maps and then all of a sudden I was thrown back to the Dashboard. At first I thought that that was strange and so once again I tried to get into a Flash match and once again it was one of the new maps and while it was loading I was again thrown back to the Dashboard. So I believe that this is one of the ways DICE is preventing people from getting to play and see this new DLC except for I'm guessing the few people that already have access to it. However I'm still not to sure why it's happening during the middle of a match. Does anyone else have any other thoughts on why it might be occurring for the randomly during a match.

The Dark St0rm
03-25-2010, 12:25 AM
I dont think so because I have been thrown back to the dashboard on a map that I have played plenty of times before. I have also had it happen in the middle of a match before to.

vetteindreams
03-25-2010, 12:29 AM
additionally to Storm above, i have also been dashed straight after a round, but before it preloaded the next

@OP i wish it was this simple, but personally i have experienced these events since purchase and thought that the problem was more related to the lag than anything else...

Thegreatest7884
03-25-2010, 12:44 AM
It's a Battlefield game on the 360. It just wouldn't be right if it wasn't broken.

mechbeast01
03-25-2010, 01:03 AM
I dont think so because I have been thrown back to the dashboard on a map that I have played plenty of times before. I have also had it happen in the middle of a match before to.

additionally to Storm above, i have also been dashed straight after a round, but before it preloaded the next

@OP i wish it was this simple, but personally i have experienced these events since purchase and thought that the problem was more related to the lag than anything else...

Hmmm. I guess no one read the last two sentences I wrote but just in case you guys didn't I've posted down below here and I'm going to then make sure it's bolded in my original post so that people can see that I believe I have found one reason behind I guess I should put it certain instances of when this occurs.

However I'm still not to sure why it's happening during the middle of a match. Does anyone else have any other thoughts on why it might be occurring for the randomly during a match.

vetteindreams
03-25-2010, 01:23 AM
in terms of the middle 'bumps' mech - i have only been bumped to dash twice, and prior to both occasions i was lagging really badly (shots not hitting the walls, inability to move, etc)
so i assumed that it was a connection fault

DarkCrown
03-25-2010, 02:09 AM
I've been boot out after we win/lost(don'T remember) and the others time I think it was right in the middle of a game

SaintKnight
03-25-2010, 02:30 AM
I was having that problem a lot. But, since I installed the game to my hard drive, I haven't had it yet in about 25 games

Kaleo808
03-25-2010, 02:41 AM
man this happened to me plenty of times and my game has froze on me and the 1 that really pissed me off i was in a match doing extremely well better then i ever have then boot to dashboard god that frustrated me

InsaneKane87
03-25-2010, 05:48 AM
Now when im looking at my stats in the game its thrown me back to the dashboard so now its during games, games loading, and while im looking at my stats.

o D22 o
03-25-2010, 03:47 PM
What new maps? Are you talking about map pack 1? I've been playing on those since the game came out.

The next map pack doesn't come out for another 5 days.

p.s. op, you need to learn to use the period sign. Its hard to follow run-on after run-on sentences.

muffinmastergw2
03-25-2010, 04:33 PM
i noticed this happening to me a ton of times when the game first came out, mostly when i was trying to join a match in a squad of friends... and usually playing conquest

Customer
03-25-2010, 04:34 PM
I've only had this happen to me immediately after the round ended. All I know is that there was a HUGE FPS drop and the game looked like it froze. Then I was back at the dashboard.

KILLING5PR33
03-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Hmmm. I guess no one read the last two sentences I wrote but just in case you guys didn't I've posted down below here and I'm going to then make sure it's bolded in my original post so that people can see that I believe I have found one reason behind I guess I should put it certain instances of when this occurs.
we read the last two sentences but you posted this as the title"Getting Booted to Dashboard in Certain Instances Possible Reason ". which inplies that you know the solution but the end of your sentence you ask the question "However I'm still not to sure why it's happening during the middle of a match. Does anyone else have any other thoughts on why it might be occurring for the randomly during a match."
In my opinion the reason is the server's are a working progress. have you noticed late at night hardly anyone play's. It might be due to the fact that there cleaning the servers at night while most gamers are asleep.

Planet13
03-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Servers, same stuff was going on the first two weeks.
Putting the game on your hard drive helps a bunch.
Not stealing your connection helps too.
Also once a week you should test your connection to live.

MediumMelanin
03-26-2010, 02:08 AM
It happened to me just now, while playing Conquest on Atacama Desert in the middle of the round...:/ well, WTF?!

zeds
03-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Yeah this has also happened to me a few times normally when i am having a good game aswell. But not when i am having a shitty round lol, sods law.

sir_taugs
03-26-2010, 08:37 PM
I think it has to do with lag. My squad was having this problem the other day. Then we switched leaders and everything worked fine. So IMO its lag.

Barad
03-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Possible but i havent had this since the first week of this games release!

Psymox
03-26-2010, 11:05 PM
I had this happen to me in the middle of a match the other day. I wasn't experiencing any lag or connection problems prior. Very strange. Never happened before, this game or any other.

Taiyz
03-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Being booted to the dashboard is probably a mechanism caused by the game crashing. Instead of freezing your console however, DICE probably worked in a little safety measure that returns you to the dashboard.

This easily explains the map issue; the game would crash if it somehow was being told to start up a map that you aren't supposed to access...Essentially, a program or a game crashes because it can't interpret the data it's receiving; either it receives something it hasn't been told to do anything with and it just locks up with no "next step" to go to, or it receives something that it just can't understand as per its parameters. The problem is why the program is being sent the wrong data in the first place.

During a game or just as a match ends...Some sort of data could be missing or is being misread by the game, much like how when you look at some vehicles or a gun icon on the rank-up screen, you might see a skull and crossbones because the image hasn't loaded from the disk properly. For the match ending glitch, it's probably a problem with displaying pin images since sometimes they don't load immediately, or maybe it occurs when it tries to preload a map you aren't supposed to access (same problem as before,) but because of a different process the crash comes earlier.