PDA

View Full Version : My Blisters have Blisters! question?

xXSauliuSXx
03-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Is this unlocking for anyone? I played in classic mode for an hour and 15 min and it didn't unlock. Does this have to be done in ranked and just keep restarting when you die?

Dead Space Girl
03-25-2010, 12:13 AM
It's not unlocking for me either after at least an hour and a half.

Never Final
03-25-2010, 12:15 AM
It's not unlocking for me either after at least an hour and a half.

maybe you have to play continuously for an hour as in the same single game. Not dying or anything. I dont know what game you could do that on right now but maybe thats how you get it.

Whistler
03-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Same here didn't unlock. If it is without dying what about those 2 player games where you go to 10 points? Don't think they have a timer so if you don't do anything it might work..

neo consumer
03-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Well, i'm trying leaving the tennis game on for an hour (if you leave the pad alone it will just bounce the ball until you press something), i'll let you know if I get it.

Edit: nope lol

antiflag
03-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Just to clarify, all of you saying it didn't unlock did in fact finish said game right? And were any of you playing ranked so as to see the medal scoring screen?

neo consumer
03-25-2010, 12:35 AM
^Tennis doesn't have ranked available, but I figured I would try the rubber band technique to see if that keeps the game running. I'll let you know in about 57 minutes lol.

I'll be damned if i'm playing this thing for 36 hours total lol

sleepydumbdude
03-25-2010, 01:09 AM
The timer is freaking off or something I played adventure and just sat in the castle twice. First time for an hour and it only told me 45 minutes. The second time I sat from 6 pm to 7 15 and it told me 55 minutes. 30 minutes into attempting it again now.

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Well, i'm trying leaving the tennis game on for an hour (if you leave the pad alone it will just bounce the ball until you press something), i'll let you know if I get it.

Edit: nope lol

I tried that too. The game paused.

neo consumer
03-25-2010, 01:14 AM
I tried that too. The game paused. Play & charge kit and rubber band FTW!!! lol

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 01:15 AM
I have the P&C kit. Normally I use scotch tape. But I was too lazy to get it.

neo consumer
03-25-2010, 01:16 AM
I have the P&C kit. Normally I use scotch tape. But I was too lazy to get it. I just wrapped the p & ckit cable around the left stick and put it on the floor, if this works i'm gonna sleep, but my xbox isn't lol

neo consumer
03-25-2010, 01:21 AM
i really hope that way works because i can't see any other way getting one hour at a time. this would aslo help with the 36 hour total time achievement.

i have bought the asteroids delux game and i am looking for someone who also has it and wants to boost challenges. send me a friend request at

Cro73o

the last digit in my gamertag is the letter O, not the number zero I'll buy it and boost it tomorrow with you, obviously not now as its 1.30am for me lol.

True Marvellous
03-25-2010, 01:32 AM
Mine didnt unlock after an hour and 15 mins of yars revenge.

neo consumer
03-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Never worked :( i'm gonna leave it on through the nght and see what (if anything) it unlocks.

Ahh man, it actually will work, it says 59:28 lol. Gutted, 32 seconds off :(

xXSauliuSXx
03-25-2010, 03:14 AM
ok, i got it to unlock playing Finalizer. It has to be in a single game session but it is not too hard because you can keep rewinding time if you die. Mine unlocked when my score was at about 850,000.

xMidget_Furyx
03-25-2010, 03:24 AM
ok, i got it to unlock playing Finalizer. It has to be in a single game session but it is not too hard because you can keep rewinding time if you die. Mine unlocked when my score was at about 850,000.
this is what i thought you had to do. i went well over an hour in the time challege in ranked on astrosmash.

Stuffgamer1
03-25-2010, 03:43 AM
I tried this sitting in Adventure as well. 1 hour 12 minutes (game recognized time), no Achievement. Perhaps it doesn't count if you just leave the controller sitting? After all, you don't exactly get blisters when you aren't even pressing buttons. :P

Joey Longshot
03-25-2010, 05:06 AM
I got it on Astro Smash in classic mode. I tried a few things, and what worked for me was playing for an hour and fifteen minutes without getting a game over. Also I think rewinding actually turns the clock back.

Upcountrytripod
03-25-2010, 05:45 AM
Just got it asteroid classic mode just keep rewinding when you die it pops in game

sleepydumbdude
03-25-2010, 05:48 AM
Damn didn't get it in adventure of Yars Revenge. I spent an hour and 40 minutes on adventure with the rubber band trick and during commercials I'd flip back and movie around a bit.
Played Yars Revenge for 1:07 and didn't get it. So it does pop in game and not after? Good to know. Maybe it doesn't work the atari games.. I dunno.

ApochWeiss
03-25-2010, 06:26 AM
Ok so let me get this straight here.

In order to unlock, you can just play classic mode on games like Astro Smash, but you actually have to play it, not leave the controller sitting. You CAN rewind the game, but rewinding may cause the clock to go backwards (which makes sense). Anyone able to flat out confirm this or able to tell me if I missed something?

Guess when I get home I'll go play some Astrosmash and try to unlock this damned achievement.

neo consumer
03-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Woke up, got it lol.

Played tennis on single player fast, wrapped play and charge kit cable around the left stick so my little stick man went to the side of the screen and kept moving, went to bed and it unlocked while I was asleep.

The clock is 100% off.

I slept for 5 hours and the game registered only 3 1/2 hours.

BckHlPnchr
03-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Just loaded up tennis did the rubberband trick walked away and did some stuff around the house. Came back 90 minutes later and it only gave me credit for 30 min. So yeah there is something deff. wrong with the internal clock in the tennis game.

Swegabe
03-25-2010, 03:04 PM
Rewinding time does not affect the clock, I played that Kung Fu game for about 1h 15min or something in classic mode with everything set to the easiest settings, killing everyone but the last opponent on the first stage and then just stand in one spot, rewinding time each time I would lose one life, and I got the achievement to unlock during that time, didn't had to finish the game either.

Psymox
03-25-2010, 03:05 PM
I played Finalizer on classic mode for exactly 1 hour and it unlocked. 13:59 - 14:59.

I used the rewind function a lot as well so rewinding the clock doesn't effect the time needed for the achievement,

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Just loaded up tennis did the rubberband trick walked away and did some stuff around the house. Came back 90 minutes later and it only gave me credit for 30 min. So yeah there is something deff. wrong with the internal clock in the tennis game.

So, according to this guy, it will take 3 hours to get this achievement this way. Okay. Well, at least we can check xbox.com to check if we got the achievement, rather than pausing and having to look.

TheInsanityInc
03-25-2010, 09:36 PM
So, according to this guy, it will take 3 hours to get this achievement this way. Okay. Well, at least we can check xbox.com to check if we got the achievement, rather than pausing and having to look.

Yeah, the timing for Tennis is very messed up which is annoying to say the least. Oh well, will leave it going overnight and see if it works.

Rocket88
03-25-2010, 09:47 PM
i can confirm i got it on finalized or whatever by just rewinding after dying and the achievement came up in middle of game

Spoony Bard
03-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Got mine easy through Outlaw. The game is only meant to be played with 2 people, yet there's a single player option. This means that you move, but the other guy doesn't so there's no way to lose. Just save the game every now and then to check how long you've played it.

Machew8472
03-27-2010, 01:27 AM
ive tried getting this cheevo on atari luner lander and no dice! played for 1hr 10mins pretty sure the time was recognized...

but i did crash a few times and i used quite a few credits to top up my fuel(well if i didn't theres no way you can play for an hr otherwise)

what are the spec's for this bloody achievement and why are they never clear on the list... argghhh its so annoying!

if anyone gets this cheevo playing luner lander post on here and let me know please... its only game i got at the moment... lol

D4RKXPOW3R
03-27-2010, 02:29 AM
I got the "blisters" achievement playing Battlantis on Classic mode...I kept rewinding time when i died. Played through the game twice (it starts over, only harder, after stage 18) and the achievement popped up while I was playing. I would highly recommend this game, because its fun and the boss fights are insane! Its also the best graphics of all the games available.

SirVexBruzer
03-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Got mine easy through Outlaw. The game is only meant to be played with 2 people, yet there's a single player option. This means that you move, but the other guy doesn't so there's no way to lose. Just save the game every now and then to check how long you've played it.
Thanx. That worked. Move now an then but you can pretty much watch TV. If the game stops, just rewind, shoot and continue.

Gunstar Red
03-27-2010, 09:26 PM
I got it on Shaolin's Road playing classic mode. I just rewinded everytime I lost a life, so it was just one continuous game. It actually popped up in game almost exactly an hour into playing the game. I made it to Step 39 in one hour.

My advice for people going for this is to just play a game you really like on Classic mode and rewind when you die, rather than trying a rubber band trick.

ApochWeiss
03-28-2010, 04:35 AM

Awesome. I'm gonna have to try this. I TRIED THIS but, ugh, didn't unlock for me. Dunno wtf happened.

Chrome30
03-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Honestly the "best" way to do this is on Mountain Madness. You can set up a course and all you have to do is turn your skier to the right where he isn't going down the slope. This in turn keeps the game going and all you have to do is make sure your controller doesn't shut off. I suggest tapping the B button every once and awhile as this will cause him to jump. Anyway, that is how I got this and the clock was pretty right on.

I am sitting at 800 points so far =)

DDcup x
03-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Im trying the rubber band trick on YARS revenge, sit in the neutral zone and rubberband it up/down. Ikll let you guys know in an hour

Gacys Clown
03-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Damn didn't get it in adventure of Yars Revenge. I spent an hour and 40 minutes on adventure with the rubber band trick and during commercials I'd flip back and movie around a bit.
Played Yars Revenge for 1:07 and didn't get it. So it does pop in game and not after? Good to know. Maybe it doesn't work the atari games.. I dunno.

I don't know what you did wrong, but that's the game I got it on.:/

Skimask
03-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Ya I did it on a ranked Yars Revenge so I could get both time medals too but I heard it can be done in classic as well.

I still can't believe such a time consuming achievement is only worth 5 points!

Also it pops up in game.

Loopstahblue
03-29-2010, 11:18 AM
I got this on the 4th map of Crystal Castles. If you kill the green gem eaters while they are eating a gem and then grab the hat to kill the witch you only need to dodge the bees. If you hide inside the top left corner of the castle then the bees can't reach you. I watched TV for an hour while twitching my right stick every so often and it had unlocked when I went back to the xbox.

shadaik
03-29-2010, 01:26 PM
I got this on the 4th map of Crystal Castles. If you kill the green gem eaters while they are eating a gem and then grab the hat to kill the witch you only need to dodge the bees. If you hide inside the top left corner of the castle then the bees can't reach you. I watched TV for an hour while twitching my right stick every so often and it had unlocked when I went back to the xbox.
Important note on this one: Don't leave the cave/castle or, if the bees happen to respawn while you're outside, they'll respawn in the exact point you are standing -> instant death.

Shelton
03-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Im trying the rubber band trick on YARS revenge, sit in the neutral zone and rubberband it up/down. Ikll let you guys know in an hour

I started off this way, but found that I was being killed by the swirls pretty often. Decided to bust out the turbo controller and set it to hit 'A' which would restart the game when I died. Just left it for a couple of hours, came back and had the achievement.

No need for rewinds.

Tylosargerchia
03-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Looks like I had a similar idea to Shelton (I actually didn't notice until I already posted), but this may actually be a faster way as you won't lose time in between games (not sure if it works that way, but may people seem to think this has to be done in one game sitting). I'm not discounting at all what Shelton said, but I figure I'll put in my two cents. If you have a turbo enabled controller (such as the Street Fighter IV pad like I have), you can set the Left Trigger to turbo and tape the button down and walk away. The game will get stuck in a constant state of rewind and foreward play, enabling you to get the achievement while not playing. The only problem is you have to find a good rhythm for the rewind because sometimes the game creeps forward (or backward) faster than it rewinds which could cause you to die. It's great because I don't really have any desire to play any of these games for an hour straight, or for 36 hours total, for that matter. Kudos to those that have.

Oh, and I did this in Centipede, but I imagine it would work for just about any game.

Edit: I just tried this also in Shao-Lin's Road to confirm and at first I didn't think it would work, but I finally got the timing right for the rewind / forward thing. This is great because this will work towards all of the timed achievements as well, possibly for every game. Also, I bought the Street Fighter IV controller just for situations like this and it has helped me tremendously for many games. If you don't have one, I think you can find them pretty cheap nowadays. That is, of course, if you don't mind obtaining achievements this way that would normally take ridiculous amounts of time.

Rev. Link
03-31-2010, 01:43 AM
I don't understand this at all, and this game is really starting to tick me off! I played Astrosmash for over an hour the other day, legitimately. It told me when I finished that I had played for 1:12. No achievement.

I set up a game of Adventure last night, grabbed the key, ran into the castle, taped my stick to the left so the guy kept running into the wall, then turned my TV off and went to sleep. When I got up the next day I quit playing and the game told me I had only been playing for 57 minutes! WTF?

Between this garbage and the high score achievement not unlocking for me no matter what I do, I'm about ready to give up on this! Any advice?

monk3boy
04-02-2010, 05:06 AM
57 minutes... Half your luck!

I had that POS set up for 8 hours, bouncing into the side of the castle wall, and it only registered 6 minutes!?!?!

nnaatteedd
04-04-2010, 04:15 PM
I have the konami racing game. I went to single player classic, put the tokens in and just sat there for a sec. Exited out, and it added some time. So I am currently redoing that with the P&C kit, no buttons and will check again about 45 mins now. I'll let everyone know.

Mimi XGX
04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
I haven't found a game yet that I want to spend an hour at a time on. :( I guess I'll have to keep on trying. lol

AK Punk
04-04-2010, 09:53 PM
I just played Sea Battle with my step dad for over an hour. After awhile it lags for a second and the achievement pops up IN GAME. Hope that helps.

sleepydumbdude
04-05-2010, 03:43 PM
I finally got it. Rubberband trick wasn't working for me so I booted up adventure went in the first castle, changed the channel and watched TV while moving the stick in circles. Got it within 90 minutes. Don't know when but when I exited I all ready had it. w00t

GHF BoltHawk
04-05-2010, 05:08 PM
this was prob already posted but if you need help with this achievement check this out
YouTube- Game Room - ACHIEVEMENT - Blisters

Zebrahead MoFo
04-08-2010, 12:35 AM
I got this one on Lunar Landing. set fuel to 9999 and when it ran out just reset the fuel and started again. Don't see what's so hard... worked first time with mine :)

linktriforce007
04-08-2010, 12:38 AM
I got this one on Lunar Landing. set fuel to 9999 and when it ran out just reset the fuel and started again. Don't see what's so hard... worked first time with mine :)

I used the tennis game. worked wonders. Now I'm 910/1000.

Pink Devil Fish
04-08-2010, 08:12 PM
I got mine on Armor Battle. All you have to do is tape down the RB with skotch tape. I was going for the timed ones as well and I watched the 2 towers on bluray and came back and only had the blisters have blisters but not the 4 hour total thing when I already had a couple hours easily. So make sure you play from my arcade and not my collection like I did.

littlejay
04-09-2010, 02:27 AM
can i put A on turbo for the crystal castles trick? id like to do this for the 36 hours as well :)

D00mM4r1n3
04-09-2010, 02:40 AM
I'll let you know how this goes: I started up Tennis and at the first part where it prompts you to enter your name, I plugged in a wired controller while holding down on the stick, this way it continuously scrolls through the letters without the need for a rubber band.

I haven't stopped it yet to see how it is doing, i'm going to check it after an hour and if it worked that long, set it up to run overnight.

Fingers crossed!

UPDATE - SUCCESS!!! I watched it as one hour passed by and the Blisters achievement popped. I'm leaving it on overnight now.

littlejay
04-09-2010, 02:48 AM
tapping A on a normal controller is working on crystal castles so turbo should work fine on it

stopXwhispering
04-09-2010, 08:36 AM
I just got the achievement through leaving Tennis on during the night, I taped the stick on the controller to make my little guy move constantly into the wall. I also received the spending 16 hours achievement. However forgot how much time the game actually registered. I'll check once I'm back home.

x GrumpyNinja x
04-09-2010, 12:36 PM
i also got the achev playn the tennis game. i used a piece of velcro. haha. i had to tap the a button every now and then cuz the clock never registered correctly.

TheCapedArcader
04-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Got this on Shao-Lin's Road in Classic Mode. I'd just take everyone out and then avoid the last guy until I was told to hurry up. Whenever I got hit, I'd just rewind.

A lot more fun than just taping the controller up and leaving it. ;)

JedEgan
04-17-2010, 11:50 PM
I've been able to get two of the time achievements, 1 hour and 4 hours, by just leaving the game sitting there. I only have the car racing game with the red car, whatever it's called. I'm using the Guitar Hero 2 controller plugged in because I don't have a wired controller or plug and play kit. I started in classic mode, started one game with the normal controller, then turned it off and plugged in the guitar, nothing happened and the game continued on once the guitar controller booted up. I then just left the game running and let the car 'die', then the game continued on 'demo' mode, where it shows the computer playing.

Now maybe it's the guitar controller because before when I plugged it into skate 1 for another time based achievement my skater spun on the spot as if the left stick was constantly held to the right. Now maybe the guitar controller makes the game think that a certain button or stick is held down and lets the 'demo' version continue playing without pausing the whole game, thus allowing me to get the achievements.

UnarmedReaper07
04-18-2010, 04:19 AM
I was able to get past an hour on two games straight. The first one was "Centipede" on classic mode and second was "AstroSmash" on ranked mode.

ace2ey
04-26-2010, 11:54 PM
I got this achievement while at work. I had asteriods on casual play left the p&c cord wrapped around the right trigger and left it in the start screen (not even in the actual game) popped while at work no problem.

Ooyah
04-27-2010, 11:39 AM
I got it on Yars. Once you get used to the game, it is a really simple matter just to keep going and going. Hit the spinny thing while it is moving for 6,000 and an extra life. Once you get past about 150,000, the spinny thing will start to rebound, which actually makes it easier to hit. I took the score past 999,999, and the achievement popped round about 400,000 (second time) for me.

Whilst I am here, although off topic... it is a shame that the Yars leaderboads do not calculate a cumulative score, to allow you to go beyond 999,999... ;)

The Contender X
04-27-2010, 08:16 PM
this was prob already posted but if you need help with this achievement check this out
YouTube- Game Room - ACHIEVEMENT - Blisters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ4ffl4EgLg)

Well that didn't work for me, I left it on for 2 hours and it only recorded 8 minutes or so, I was also using a wired controller

ace2ey
04-28-2010, 03:15 AM
So the achievement popped for me leaving the rt depressed and going to work, however game froze and none of the time counted. that has happened everytime since. It freezes the whole xbox, and I have to reset. so not a great way to work on the 36 hour thing

kiskit
05-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Just got the cheevo "My Blisters Have Blisters"

I tried & failed yesterday & so I tried again today & got the cheevo.
The game I used was Outlaw on my console. I just turned the game on. I had to every few minutes pull on the R thumb stick. When I failed yesterday after 34 minutes I noticed I accidentally let my screen go to pause so it must hav reset.

So I tried again today; same game & set-up (unranked too). This time I pulled back on the right thumb stick most of time. Basically I held the controller in my hand while pulling on the thumb stick & read a magazine. I had a stop watch going just to make sure I went about 1 hr 15 min approximately.

xhunterrrr
05-01-2010, 06:02 PM
How I got it:

Went to Lunar Lander classic play and got myself 9999 fuel. Taped down the Right trigger to constantly thrust and kept adding fuel every once in awhile while adjusting the stick so I would thrust up. Worked perfectly.

kiskit
05-01-2010, 09:18 PM
How I got it:

Taped down the Right trigger to constantly thrust and kept adding fuel every once in awhile while adjusting the stick so I would thrust up. Worked perfectly.

LOL on mine when I left the room for a few minutes I jammed a straw under the R trigger to tilt it & then came back & continued how I mentioned above.

I seriously considered using the Oblivion sneak trick of rubberbanding the Thumbstick but my controller is kinda new & I didn't want to abuse it yet!

pooon
05-03-2010, 02:48 AM
I did it on shao lin road. I just played on classic and rewind if I die. I got it around stage 28. This also counts toward your total play time medal so I recommend doing it in something where you need atleast an hour to a gold. Before shao lin road I tried it with battlantis but holy hell that game is hard, even with rewind. I got too frustrated at one of the bosses near the end and gave up.

Onyx_a87
05-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm going to add in that Breakout from pack 3 you can do it on Ranked (easy Gold as well) because the ball will not spawn unless you hit A or move the joystick.

vader
05-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I got this achievement while at work. I had asteriods on casual play left the p&c cord wrapped around the right trigger and left it in the start screen (not even in the actual game) popped while at work no problem.

Confirmed this method today myself. Thanks!

Booted Asteroids, selected Classic Play, put a coin in at the start screen, and then left my controller there. I taped the right trigger for good measure, and got the "My blisters have blisters" achievement after leaving it sitting while I did other stuff.

The "Arcade Junkie" and "Double Trouble" achievements also popped after I pressed start and played a quick game when I got back (I was pretty close to both of those anyway).

Sora
05-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Confirmed this method today myself. Thanks!

Booted Asteroids, selected Classic Play, put a coin in at the start screen, and then left my controller there. I taped the right trigger for good measure, and got the "My blisters have blisters" achievement after leaving it sitting while I did other stuff.

The "Arcade Junkie" and "Double Trouble" achievements also popped after I pressed start and played a quick game when I got back (I was pretty close to both of those anyway). Tried the asteroid-method, been away for 3 hours and 45 minutes and no achievement. Bullshit.

Shaggy240
05-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Tried the asteroid-method, been away for 3 hours and 45 minutes and no achievement. Bullshit.

Yeah same result here... trying the scrolling letters in tennis tonight...

UPDATE: Did not work... don't get it...

U2MOFO
05-16-2010, 04:34 AM
I think I have a very easy way to get this one.. I will have to test it out tomorrow. It worked for the Survivalist medal on Super Breakout.

After you miss a ball the game will wait for you to hi A in order to fire up another ball. I just let my controller sit there for 6 min and ended the game with only 3 blocks which normally would be a 15 second game.. well I got the Gold Survivalist medal.. I bet you can just let it sit there (wired controller) and it will just add up time.

EDIT: Yep.. this worked like a charm... I just held off hitting A while I switched over and watched TV.. just hit right or left on the left analog every few minutes.. the achievement just popped.

littlejay
05-16-2010, 01:48 PM
yes you have to tap A the whole time. i got the blisters in the hiding spot in crystal castles and had to tap A for an hour while reading the internets and it popped right at an hour.
i had to do the same for gold survival in pitfall

Black Tango
05-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Just adding my own experience here. I got this today on River Raid, classic mode.

About twenty minutes into my first attempt, my XBox froze and I had to power off and restart. After that I started saving about every 10 minutes. It froze up twice more while I was playing, so I can confirm that reloading from a save will still get you the achievement. Saving also shows you how long you've been playing, which is nice.

The achievement popped for me at around 1:15. I'd guess the extra 15 minutes accounts for time spent rewinding.

Also, sometimes I'd rewind when I died and sometimes I didn't. So while it apparently has to be an hour on a single game, it doesn't have to be on a single life.

robinjohnson1995
05-30-2010, 05:39 PM
why doe you actually play GAMER ROOM?

grolt
05-30-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm going through hell to try and get this achievement. I've logged over an hour for both Adventure and Haunted House on classic mode, saving each time like Black Tango has done, but still, no award. I just wish the record keeping behind the achievement wasn't so vague, because an hour is a hell of a time to waste just trying to get a 5 GP achievement!

Darkness Master
05-31-2010, 06:53 AM
i play road fighter ranked and added over an hour to my time spender medal. no achievement. it was not one continuous game. dont know how you could in that game.

ShinobiSteve81
05-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Got mine in Super breakout. I'd just move the paddle around without the ball on the field and watch tv. You have to be active in the game for most of, or the whole time to do it.

TheEighthSage
06-01-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm going through hell to try and get this achievement. I've logged over an hour for both Adventure and Haunted House on classic mode, saving each time like Black Tango has done, but still, no award. I just wish the record keeping behind the achievement wasn't so vague, because an hour is a hell of a time to waste just trying to get a 5 GP achievement!

How is "Play a game for 1 hour continuously" vague? It means just that, play one of the games for an hour straight. Doesn't matter if you rewind time or not, as long as you're playing it. Although granted, it should really tell you that they mean 1 hour in real time, but I suppose they figure that's common sense. There's plenty of ways to do it, as people have said.

Me, I got mine on Haunted House. I picked up a scepter so I would be invisible to enemies, ran into the nearest empty corner and used the rubber band trick. One hour later, poof. Achievement.

Another game it could be done on(and I used this to get the Gold Survivalist AND Time Spender medals) is Super Breakout. Just...don't press any button to serve the ball and use the Rubber band trick. I quite literally set it up, walked to the store and back and wound up with both medals and I'm sure it would work for the achievement as well.

A word of caution though. Don't go by how much time has gone by using the Time Spender medal. That's how much time TOTAL you've played. Sounds like some of you aren't taking that into consideration. If you're gonna watch any time from the medal screen, use the Survivalist one. Hope that helps^^

My BR Is Evil
06-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Rewind does NOT affect the time.

My BR Is Evil
06-10-2010, 11:04 PM
I just played casually for an hour on Shaolin Road and kept rewinding if I got hit and it popped after exactly an hour. I could have rewinded played rewind back to start played and got the achievement.

Red Testament
06-13-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm glad to see that Super Breakout is workable for this achievement. I'll be giving this a try.

specialyst
07-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Got mine by mindlessly playing one hour of gran prix. One hour straight, non-stop.

Kid Vranic
07-14-2010, 01:28 AM
I did it with H.E.R.O. I actually like that game. Just as everyone said, rewind when dead and just play until the achievement pops in hehe

rcf1235
10-28-2010, 07:54 PM
I played Finalizer on classic mode for exactly 1 hour and it unlocked. 13:59 - 14:59.

I used the rewind function a lot as well so rewinding the clock doesn't effect the time needed for the achievement,

i can confirm i got it on finalized or whatever by just rewinding after dying and the achievement came up in middle of game

Thats what i did..... achievement pop up right after 1 hour playing Finalizer!! Thank you gus

dd316
11-27-2010, 02:31 PM
I'll have to try this, sounds good.

oO Triple G Oo
12-08-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm thinking about trying this with Pitfall!, in classic mode. Every time I complete a game (20 minutes), I just restart and keep playing, never actually leaving the game, per se. If I play three full games, it should pop. I'll let you know if this works.

UPDATE: Totally worked.

LynnTerra
12-10-2010, 01:57 PM
maybe you have to play continuously for an hour as in the same single game. Not dying or anything. I dont know what game you could do that on right now but maybe thats how you get it.

I haven't done this myself yet but I've read that "Adventure" for the 2600 works for that. Just start it, go to one of unoccupied zones and then watch a movie for an hour while you keep your controller active on the xbox.

dd316
12-12-2010, 01:19 PM
This worked like a charm. Just can't let it sit for more than 60 seconds or the counter will stop, have to keep pressing A to keep it alive.

pluckandgrit12
01-16-2011, 11:12 PM
If you get the ball up into the bonus area. There is a space between the two bottom flippers where the ball can just sit. I got it stuck there by mistake but I am going to try for the time based achievements on there. I let everyone know how it works out.

CrazyCake
01-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Can i get this achievement and the other time achievements in the trial versions of the games or do i have to buy the full games in order to get them?

oneshotprez
01-24-2011, 09:09 PM
I got this ache on "Thunder Castle." By avoiding the green dragon & picking up loot when it appeared, I got all 3 gold medals AND "My Blisters Have Blisters." I actually bought the game, but I realize now I could have gotten this in one or two single play sessions. By the way, you WANT to get the bats in this game (they're power-ups, and make the dragon run from you).

twistedsymphony
01-24-2011, 09:58 PM
I got this on Laser Blaster... I only payed 40MP for a single play and got Gold Points, Gold Survival, and Silver Time Spender as well as this achievement

No tricks, I played normal, the game is so easy a trained monkey could play it.

After this achievement popped I intentionally lost the game, but I probably could have kept playing indefinitely (provided I didn't die of boredom)

A Town Home Boi
01-26-2011, 11:23 PM
Just throwing how I got it out there...

I used Kaboom and just didn't drop the bombs. Then I would move the analog every minute or so.

Disaster Report
02-01-2011, 11:11 PM
I used Lunar Lander in Classic Mode. I flew over the mountain in the middle of the screen, positioned myself over the flat ground down below, and would just boost into the air, then wait for it to slowly fall before repeating. Classic Mode lets you keep adding fuel, so I just upped it to 9999 and would refill every so often.

An added bonus of using this game is that it has a clock that keeps track of how long you've taken to land. So if you just never land and never crash, you'll know when you're nearing the time. The achievement unlocked at about 1:02 for me.

Bones007
03-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Play Laser Blast. Also, you can't just leave the controller on, the timer stops after awhile.

klaww
03-19-2011, 04:50 AM
I got it on blades of steel, just keep pressing lb whenever your playtime gets low. The game works so it takes 10 seconds away from your playtime counter whenever the other team scores, so it will go down faster than an hour passes.

Vitality gauge
06-04-2011, 06:48 PM
can you get this playing pitfall 2 just running around?

Edit.yes you can. just swam back and forth at the bottom while listening to my mp3

Danger Days 11
07-10-2011, 02:16 AM
starting tennis and taping down the controller, will let you know how it goes

edit: upon my checking i realised the tape had came loose after 5 mins of play i will try again later .

ShadyShall
07-29-2011, 05:47 AM
not the 2600 version, the older one... just play the first ball... DO NOT hit A again to release the 2nd ball... and every few seconds or at least once per minute, move the stick. if the controller is not touched for a minute, the timer stops. you dont want that.... you can get your gold survivalist and bronze Time one... if you repeat for another hour, you can get gold... just don't walk away or the counter stops... keep moving the joystick... but dont hit A!

Drunk and High
08-19-2011, 11:37 PM

I don't know how you would imagine that bro but that's a 5g achievement not a 50g achievement what you are suggesting is ridiculous, all you have to do is play a game in single player and keep restarting your game and putting the coin in or whatever just keep pressing buttons for an hour, not hard just boring.

doubleminor
12-03-2011, 05:16 PM
I got this by using a method someone posted earlier with Pitfall 2.

on about the 3rd screen, fall through the hole and into the water. Rubber banded the left stick down so Harry would keep swimming.

Got the achievement.

neeker75
12-07-2011, 07:19 AM
I haven't played Game Room on the console before. I only played two titles on the Windows Phone, Pitfall and Lunar Lander. I downloaded Game Room last night, and 11 achievements unlocked immediately upon loading it, including this one. I supposed I did play 1 hour at one go trying to master landing the stupid spaceship in Lunar Lander with the touchscreen.

SaraAB87
01-10-2012, 01:12 AM
I was not able to get this by just having a game sitting at the start up screen.

theOgrius
01-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Make sure to actually read this thread. It is stated several times that you need to actually move the stick/press the A button every minute. After one minute game room stops counting your time until it detects active play again.

Jimbo76
02-11-2012, 07:54 PM
I got this on M.I.A in 53 minutes according to my save time. just for a lousy 5 points too. good job im a fan of the game really.

SandpiperN121PP
02-21-2012, 06:03 AM
Make sure to actually read this thread. It is stated several times that you need to actually move the stick/press the A button every minute. After one minute game room stops counting your time until it detects active play again.

I got this playing Pitfall 2. I just simply played the game where you are moving alot all of the time and it will take you about 1 hour or better to complete. If you get near the end early (like I did) just swim around in the water and it will eventually give you the achievement! :)

the_wizard_666
03-13-2012, 03:39 PM
I got it on blades of steel, just keep pressing lb whenever your playtime gets low. The game works so it takes 10 seconds away from your playtime counter whenever the other team scores, so it will go down faster than an hour passes.

I got it on Blades of Steel as well. Rewind time every time the other team scores, and if you lose a fight, and you'll have it in no time. I got it in my second match, about half-way through.

emilchu98
05-25-2012, 07:15 AM

Confirmed!! I also use rewinding to got this achievement.