PDA

View Full Version : Please. Stop complaining.

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 12:52 AM
So the prices are high. Don't buy it. That simple! If you don't like it, stop whining. Really. You're spamming the entire Game Room forum with threads that are whining, complaining, and saying "This game sucks."

So you don't like it. DEAL WITH IT. Stop complaining about Microsoft. Stop whining, go back to playing MW2 or whatever it is you play. Forget about Game Room, and just walk away. That way the people who enjoy it can actually have someplace to talk about it.

Thank you.

Raikius
03-25-2010, 07:37 PM
im with you link. and might i throw in that this is brand NEW. it takes time to make something like this great. they probably just gave us the easiest thing they could to get it up and running. if what ive read is right and we are getting 7 new games a week i for one am anxious to see whats on the horizon. im older and love goin back to play games i grew up on. but whining and moaning isnt going to change the fact that all the kiddies can only play fps. i miss the simple days (mario and sonic).

Dead Space Girl
03-25-2010, 07:47 PM
So the prices are high. Don't buy it. That simple! If you don't like it, stop whining. Really. You're spamming the entire Game Room forum with threads that are whining, complaining, and saying "This game sucks."

So you don't like it. DEAL WITH IT. Stop complaining about Microsoft. Stop whining, go back to playing MW2 or whatever it is you play. Forget about Game Room, and just walk away. That way the people who enjoy it can actually have someplace to talk about it.

Thank you.
QFT! Go back to MW2 lol, ahhh that cracked me up.

GrantM
03-25-2010, 07:57 PM
I really can't stand it when all people do is complain about anything and everything about gaming in general.

As far as I'm concerned Game Room is a really good idea that will hopefully allow gamers who missed out the Golden Age Of Gaming era games or rediscover them

R Rated Love
03-25-2010, 07:58 PM
This thread is backed 100%.

BenWo
03-25-2010, 08:05 PM
the game room is amazing... i just wish i could understand how it all works.. i don't get the buying the game and then buying it everywhere, and the tokens, and how to play with friends and rank up etc?

ThingWitch
03-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Agreed. Game Room is fantastic and can only get better. I'm having a blast with classics like Red Baron and Crystal Castles and anyone who disagrees can go to hell.

veece16
03-25-2010, 08:36 PM
I think it's pretty cool. I've been laughing at all the people who were pissed that they got the first achievement after loading it up.

Joshi 82 AT
03-25-2010, 08:40 PM
I really can't stand it when all people do is complain about anything and everything about gaming in general.

As far as I'm concerned Game Room is a really good idea that will hopefully allow gamers who missed out the Golden Age Of Gaming era games or rediscover them

The idea itself is good. But it looks to me that it is a rip off. MS knows that there are players who try to have a high completion % and throwing 5G at you already at the start is something I personally do not agree with.
As a "freak, geek, achievement whore, completionist,.." you kinda have to invest a decent amount of money to get the 1000G to not ruin your completion %. It's the same as if EA adds an achievement to one of there games naming it "Play 20 other EA games" to get this achievement. Same rip off.

And for the whining and complaining... Well, where else can I do that to reach a community? ;) (plus, there is always hope that some developer might read the threads and give some thought about the posts)

R Rated Love
03-25-2010, 08:49 PM
It's the same as if EA adds an achievement to one of there games naming it "Play 20 other EA games" to get this achievement. Same rip off.

Not at all the same, nor is Game Room a rip off.

Game Room titles are $3 a piece, while EA titles are $60 a piece. Game Room's sole purpose is to serve as a portal to purchase other OG arcade games (hence the portal itself being free), while EA games are obviously not.

The pricing for Game Room has been out for a few months now, and the achievement list for Game Room has been out for probably a week now. Only person to be mad at for unlocking achievements in it is yourself.

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 09:57 PM
yet this thread has one star for a rating? Guess a PS Home fan or a cheap guy read it...aww =(

dcif20
03-25-2010, 10:06 PM
The main reasons why people complain about the game room is that there are not enough games and they have to "buy" the achievements. What people don't understand is that the game room is not a quick, easy 1000. More games will be released in the future and you are not pressured into buying the current games. Its not like Microsoft wants you to buy all the games right now, you buy them over time. It will not seem as much as a ripoff if you look at it this way.

Setoraven
03-25-2010, 10:10 PM
You can't remove my right to bitch, sir, you can't and you won't ;_;

mickspawn
03-25-2010, 10:31 PM
i agree to stop the complaining too. I think the games are also aimed at people who couldnt care less about achievements. They are aimed at people who enjoy the classic games, there will be a ton of people in the newer generation who think its a load of BS, but for us oldies its a good idea, i personally wont mind buying the lot of the games if i feel the need.

Spoony Bard
03-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Despite a somewhat lackluster launch, I think Game Room is a great idea that will really take off in the future once more titles are released and more developers sign on. The price point for the games is one of the best features; I think we all at some point have had extra MS points, and I for one would rather spend them to unlock a new game rather then on some useless gamer pics/themes/avatar props or just sitting on them.

Chuppernicus
03-25-2010, 10:54 PM
The idea itself is good. But it looks to me that it is a rip off. MS knows that there are players who try to have a high completion % and throwing 5G at you already at the start is something I personally do not agree with.
As a "freak, geek, achievement whore, completionist,.." you kinda have to invest a decent amount of money to get the 1000G to not ruin your completion %. It's the same as if EA adds an achievement to one of there games naming it "Play 20 other EA games" to get this achievement. Same rip off.

And for the whining and complaining... Well, where else can I do that to reach a community? ;) (plus, there is always hope that some developer might read the threads and give some thought about the posts)

Don't download it. And yes this site is too often used like a free therapy session.

Chuppernicus
03-25-2010, 10:56 PM
You can't remove my right to bitch, sir, you can't and you won't ;_;

....or your "right" to act like a child.

Riding Fakie
03-25-2010, 11:02 PM
You certainly won't hear me complaining - I think the concept of a games room is a great idea. I agree that the pricing for some of the games is a little high, and that it is a little sneaky to give people an achievement as soon as they load it up, but for me these are minor gripes.

Just imagine what games will be available over the next few months!!!

Todaysforgotten
03-25-2010, 11:28 PM
You certainly won't hear me complaining - I think the concept of a games room is a great idea. I agree that the pricing for some of the games is a little high, and that it is a little sneaky to give people an achievement as soon as they load it up, but for me these are minor gripes.

Just imagine what games will be available over the next few months!!!

or imagine what games won't be coming out that should have. I've been hearing that the emulation is poor in these games and that is a turn off.

I will continue to be displeased with the 3 dollar fixed pricing. 3 dollars is fine but not for every single game on every single console/hardware.

Horrible Fate
03-25-2010, 11:28 PM
well put Link

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 11:56 PM
well put Link

Thank you guys for siding with me. When nobody posted in this thread at the beginning, I was thinking that everyone disagreed. To those who wanna whine and complain, don't buy it. It's really not that difficult.

This is what you have to do guys. You see that Download button in the game room description? Don't click it. Problem Solved :eek:

Joebeest86
03-26-2010, 01:33 AM
I think Game Room will be awesome as well. Three dollars is cheap for some of the games I have dropped literally hundreds of dollars in quarter into. I love arcades and I think once retro gamers start getting more of the games they love and know it's gonna be a hit. I am gonna try to get all the games I can. They are just fun. And thats the whole point of all this right? So why all the complaining?

Ohheythere
03-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Thank you guys for siding with me. When nobody posted in this thread at the beginning, I was thinking that everyone disagreed. To those who wanna whine and complain, don't buy it. It's really not that difficult.

This is what you have to do guys. You see that Download button in the game room description? Don't click it. Problem Solved :eek:

I think the main problem that a lot of people (including myself) have is that it automatically puts it on your card, permanently. I don't mind the price and I have never played any of these games before in my life. While I wish they would be a little bit lower, I really don't mind. I mean, who wouldn't want to play less for something?

I also think people were expecting a little more and at least a little bit of free content. Sure, the app is free but why not a couple free games for people? Oh well...I'm not worried about it. Don't like it, don't buy 'em.

xXxDArKtOrNxXx
03-26-2010, 01:52 AM
seriously they are not forcing you to buy the game but there are some i want to buy just to replay the classics well i mean for 240 for a game i havent played in 8 years that i dont know where to buy heck i will take it

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
03-26-2010, 04:22 AM
Even though I do not like the Game Room as is, I am going to keep it on my HD. I think over time there will be enough games that I WILL want to buy that I'll be able to fill at least one hub full of cabinets. I'd like to see TRON DEADLY DISKS for Intellivision, as well as some Colecovision, Turbografix, and Sega Genesis games.

The only XBLA game I have now that I would re-purchase for Game Room would be Galaga. Even though I own Ms. Pac Man, Paperboy, Joust, Track & Field, and Beer Tapper, I cannot see myself doing a double-dip on any of them just to have them in my Game Room. I might re-buy TRON and DISKS OF TRON just to have both cabnets, but I'd have to have some points laying around and no use for them.

One game we will never see for Game Room is Donkey Kong, and that is a shame. No retro arcade is complete without DK in there somewhere. =(

linktriforce007
03-26-2010, 04:25 AM
Even though I do not like the Game Room as is, I am going to keep it on my HD. I think over time there will be enough games that I WILL want to buy that I'll be able to fill at least one hub full of cabinets. I'd like to see TRON DEADLY DISKS for Intellivision, as well as some Colecovision, Turbografix, and Sega Genesis games.

The only XBLA game I have now that I would re-purchase for Game Room would be Galaga. Even though I own Ms. Pac Man, Paperboy, Joust, Track & Field, and Beer Tapper, I cannot see myself doing a double-dip on any of them just to have them in my Game Room. I might re-buy TRON and DISKS OF TRON just to have both cabnets, but I'd have to have some points laying around and no use for them.

One game we will never see for Game Room is Donkey Kong, and that is a shame. No retro arcade is complete without DK in there somewhere. =(

I know Zelda and Mario won't make an appearance, but Donkey Kong has always been an iffy.

Todaysforgotten
03-26-2010, 04:43 AM
I really hope KROME or someone has competitions with the game room. Retro games were all about competing and highscores. I'm going to state this right now, I am not bragging or boasting with the following: I have every arcade game playable and unplayable in MAME.

With a luxury like that you'd think one would abuse it. I must have played a few oldies and lots of shoot em ups each for a hot minute. Unless there is some retro league (which there are) I have no urge to play any of them. Without competition they are meaningless to me. Sure, there are leaderboards but a active community brings retro to life.

If i were to buy the ones I actually liked or played I would feel jipped as i'd just never play them.

There are thousands of arcade games and KROME could very well pick the 1000 worst games. I really hope they come through with some gems (biomechanical toy i'm looking at you) classics and goodies (rolling thunder).

ApochWeiss
03-26-2010, 04:53 AM
The Game Room was developed more for us gaming veterans who were there at the launch of the Atari. Granted my first console was the NES but when I was 8 I tracked down an Atari 2600 and bought it and a huge chunk of games with my allowance :D. The only ones I have a problem with are the games like Combat and Outlaw. No on-line play? THEY WERE DESIGNED FOR IT!!! I say these should have at least been cheaper since you get 1 medal only and need a second person physically next to you.

Aside that, this costs maybe 1/3 more then the cost of a regular retail game IF you're good enough, and it's not that hard, just takes time and practice. There's honestly only one of us on this forum who I can see getting 1000 before the next batch of games comes out and it's the guy who bought all 30. If you feel the pricing is wrong, look at your games and ask yourself why you bought that limited edition game that costs about the same as the minimum cost for 1000 on Game Room and shut up ;)

linktriforce007
03-26-2010, 05:08 AM
The Game Room was developed more for us gaming veterans who were there at the launch of the Atari. Granted my first console was the NES but when I was 8 I tracked down an Atari 2600 and bought it and a huge chunk of games with my allowance :D. The only ones I have a problem with are the games like Combat and Outlaw. No on-line play? THEY WERE DESIGNED FOR IT!!! I say these should have at least been cheaper since you get 1 medal only and need a second person physically next to you.

Aside that, this costs maybe 1/3 more then the cost of a regular retail game IF you're good enough, and it's not that hard, just takes time and practice. There's honestly only one of us on this forum who I can see getting 1000 before the next batch of games comes out and it's the guy who bought all 30. If you feel the pricing is wrong, look at your games and ask yourself why you bought that limited edition game that costs about the same as the minimum cost for 1000 on Game Room and shut up ;)

Thanks for the compliment (i'm the guy that bought all 30) but my math says that it's impossible to get 1K before the next one comes out. overall, there's 350 points to be had, and I believe you need either 380 or 400 to get to level 20. So sad =(

Iv AJay vI
03-26-2010, 05:23 AM
Agree'd. All the spam on this thread is kinda making me sad, when I'm looking for actual information.

Thanks for the compliment (i'm the guy that bought all 30)

Just checked your gamercard. 505/1000 is beast.

CHPwannabe
03-26-2010, 05:50 AM
Game room is Free and it has Free demos of all the games, heres a crazy idea that i like to use. Try before you buy it.

Alypso
03-26-2010, 05:56 AM
i can understand both sides. for me as an absolutely retro fanatic that game room is a heaven and for those achievement completists the hell.

but, that you get your 1st achievement at the beginning is antisocial (in germany we say asi). and of course it is also antisozial, that no user has the chance to delete his own achievements or reset a game to 0 achievements.

i think some people who don't want that game room and now pissed off the 5 GS will now buy enough games to complete the 1000 GS. so that single 5GS achievement is a real bargain for microsoft.

sorry about my bad english, hope you understand what i mean.

ApochWeiss
03-26-2010, 06:34 AM
i can understand both sides. for me as an absolutely retro fanatic that game room is a heaven and for those achievement completists the hell.

but, that you get your 1st achievement at the beginning is antisocial (in germany we say asi). and of course it is also antisozial, that no user has the chance to delete his own achievements or reset a game to 0 achievements.

i think some people who don't want that game room and now pissed off the 5 GS will now buy enough games to complete the 1000 GS. so that single 5GS achievement is a real bargain for microsoft.

sorry about my bad english, hope you understand what i mean.

If completionists are so worried about getting 1000 on this game, then they should create another gamer tag and play the demos first to see if they like it. Simple as that. That way there's not even a record of Game Room on their card. Day one, ok, yeah, I can see it happening if they loaded it up, but after the first six hours I loaded an achievement guide and hammered out the free achievements first and some of the pay achievements. Had they done a little research (since the forum was bombarded with questions the guide did and did not address it got pushed to page 3 haha) they would have seen how easy it is to unlock 'em.

Besides, it's not that bad. It's not like it'll go down in value since IT'S FREE and then the games stay at a 240 MSP minimum until they decide to throw a deal of the week at us involving these games. If they are that obsessed over their score, when they buy a points card, chuck 240 or 480 MSP towards a game and spend a few hours playing it (demo them first of course). it's not like Microsoft is asking you to get circumcised or anything.

And no, I'm not being an ass here. I'm actually TRYING to achieve a 100% completion score on all games I play this year, kind of a resolution since I spend $60 on a game and trade it off for gas money a week later and not have touched it thus wasting money. Right now I have 6 games waiting to be finished and the Game Room. No more until Splatterhouse or I finish these since I lack all control when it comes to money haha.

Oinkness
03-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Are you KIDDING? 240MSP is NOTHING for this level of awesome gameplay, awesome graphics, rarely is there even a game that ever comes CLOSE and they charge 400MSP? Hell, 1200MSP? HOLY CRAP WHAT A RIP

ovoon7
03-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Dont tell me what to do on a forum. I can complain that this crap is overpriced if i want to. And there is not one thing you can contradict me with because its MY FRICKIN OPINION now gtfo and make me a sammich

Steadysphere
03-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Personally I think 1200 points for five maps, two of which are reworks, is much more of a rip-off than 240 ms points for acrade classics. But that's just me :P

Klarkus
03-26-2010, 09:54 AM

Thank you.

Its not about the price being high...its the friggin games! Look at them...most of them ive never even heard of apart from a few classics which i can play on my 5 year old mobile phone (actually has better games). Nearly all of them games that came out with this shouldnt be more than 50microsoft points. If they released some classic snes, megadrive games then yeah maybe it will be a good thing (sonic 400mp already)

Its not that people dont like it either...how can they charge that much for the crap games?

I hope they bring out some well known games then i'll come back to it. People have the right to say what they think about it just as you have guy so dont go "whining" about people whining. Im sure its nice to have rich parents who will buy you anything or live on your own/with parents with no bills or commitments for you to spend god knows how much on crap games

IXISHADOW
03-26-2010, 10:01 AM
For all those completionists.... Achievements are RARELY FREE. It is against Microsoft policies to supply DLC for free that has achievements. So why the hell would they release a GAME themselves and make the achievements free? Game room reaches out to the older audience who experienced these games in the 80s and 90s. It allows them to replay these games but on a xbox 360. The games that were released for game room are what got the games industry is today. Plus 3 dollars for a game is not a lot of money. Playing these games on flash websites does not have the same feeling as playing them on your xbox 360. I think it was a good move for Microsoft.

It was a bad move to coax gamers in and ruin their completion. But hey... If you were that bothered about it you would get 1000G on it whilst having vasts amount of fun. I intend to purchase 2-4 games here.

skatermike21988
03-26-2010, 11:10 AM
I agree 100%

Now realistically speaking, the prices aren't bad when you put into consideration the fact that:
1: Microsoft had to pay to get the licesing for these games
2: The developer gets their cut
3: Microsoft is a business and needs to make a buck or 2
4: The cost behind the scenes to host the downloads for the game packs (I.E. Service techs to maintain servers, cost of maintenance, upgrades, etc..)

You add all that up and it can be pretty pricey. In my opinion the pricing isn't bad, now if it was like $5 a game then I'd bitch.

linktriforce007
03-26-2010, 11:17 AM
I agree 100%

Now realistically speaking, the prices aren't bad when you put into consideration the fact that:
4: The cost behind the scenes to host the downloads for the game packs (I.E. Service techs to maintain servers, cost of maintenance, upgrades, etc..)

You add all that up and it can be pretty pricey. In my opinion the pricing isn't bad, now if it was like $5 a game then I'd bitch.

The thing is, some people complain for the sake of complaining.

SilverSluggerMZ
03-26-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm a little confused here...

We have people bitching and moaning cause Microsoft is ripping them off? Well, do not buy the game?

Technically, your idea of ripping someone off is just an opinion. 240 Microsoft Points may just be highly overpriced to a gamer who has never played the game and doesn't seek any enjoyment out of it. But, on the flip side, 240 Microsoft Points may be a treasure to someone who grew up playing the arcade game and spent hours as a child with it.

So, no, Microsoft is not ripping off anyone. It's as simple as that. If you feel it's worth it, purchase it. Not too sure why any of you need to bitch about it or even prove your point that it is indeed worth it. There's nothing to debate. They are classic arcade titles that some individuals enjoy and others won't.

I guess I am just missing the point here?

And on the subject that they added 5Gamerscore to your list just because you opened it.. Shouldn't you of checked that out before you downloaded it? I mean, do you typically put games on your account without checking the achievement list? That was just common sense there..

linktriforce007
03-26-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm a little confused here...

We have people bitching and moaning cause Microsoft is ripping them off? Well, do not buy the game?

Technically, your idea of ripping someone off is just an opinion. 240 Microsoft Points may just be highly overpriced to a gamer who has never played the game and doesn't seek any enjoyment out of it. But, on the flip side, 240 Microsoft Points may be a treasure to someone who grew up playing the arcade game and spent hours as a child with it.

So, no, Microsoft is not ripping off anyone. It's as simple as that. If you feel it's worth it, purchase it. Not too sure why any of you need to bitch about it or even prove your point that it is indeed worth it. There's nothing to debate. They are classic arcade titles that some individuals enjoy and others won't.

I guess I am just missing the point here?

And on the subject that they added 5Gamerscore to your list just because you opened it.. Shouldn't you of checked that out before you downloaded it? I mean, do you typically put games on your account without checking the achievement list? That was just common sense there..

I can honestly say I don't. And that's because it couldn't bother me less. If I was really concerned, then yes I would in the however many weeks the list has been out.

Kreegles
03-26-2010, 04:38 PM
:goodpostThis thread is full of win.

Van Dayyyyum
03-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Here's the thing, though...

I live in Australia and down here we get charged $8.25 per 500ms, or $82.50 per 5,000ms. That's including whatever interest you get charged on the credit card. So with that being said, these "timeless classics" don't cost us (the Aussies) 3$ a piece, they cost us around $3.50... If my math is correct. That's only 50c more, right? For one game, yes; but not if you plan on getting all the achievements.

I knew all this going in, though. And not once have I complained, nor will I. All I'm going to say is, not all of us have lots of munnies. Having to spend more than $80+ on games like Centipede and Outlaw is just... well... yeah, lol.

SkitchNM
03-26-2010, 05:52 PM
i agree to stop the complaining too. I think the games are also aimed at people who couldnt care less about achievements. They are aimed at people who enjoy the classic games, there will be a ton of people in the newer generation who think its a load of BS, but for us oldies its a good idea, i personally wont mind buying the lot of the games if i feel the need.

Very well said!

siderinc
03-26-2010, 06:03 PM
good game, not great but it does what i expected :), prices are okey..

but would be nice if they fix the server problems :)

Bistric
03-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Here's the thing, though...

I live in Australia and down here we get charged $8.25 per 500ms, or $82.50 per 5,000ms. That's including whatever interest you get charged on the credit card. So with that being said, these "timeless classics" don't cost us (the Aussies) 3$ a piece, they cost us around $3.50... If my math is correct. That's only 50c more, right? For one game, yes; but not if you plan on getting all the achievements.

I knew all this going in, though. And not once have I complained, nor will I. All I'm going to say is, not all of us have lots of munnies. Having to spend more than $80+ on games like Centipede and Outlaw is just... well... yeah, lol.

Well, I hate to be the one to point this out, as it should be obvious, but $3 actually is $3,50 for you in Australia, as the Australian dollar is just about that much (10-15%) weaker than the US Dollar. So you are paying the exact same amount, only in a different currency.
And another thing - you're not "having to spend" a single cent. Just don't buy it, there is noone forcing you to play those games.

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
03-26-2010, 06:48 PM
I just picked up Lunar Lander and Intellivision Football. LL plays very well on the 360 so is worth it. Football requires two players so I haven't had a go at it yet.

I know I won't be buying any of the other Intellivision or Atari 2600 games that are currently offered. Even though both consoles were some of my firsts, the games are just WAY too outdated for me now. I won't buy Tempest because it controls badly, not gonna do Red Barron because I never cared for it then and I don't care for it now (Battlezone and Star Wars would be awesome vector cabinet games though). Centipede has to be played with a roller ball for me so that's a big NO as well.

I kinda like the Game Room now that I've got two games in it, but I still think it needs a lot of work before it can really shine.

I agree with Toadysforgotten in regards to competitions/tourneys. One of the things that makes LIVE so cool is the community. They need to really develop the community aspect of the GR.

Van Dayyyyum
03-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Well, I hate to be the one to point this out, as it should be obvious, but $3 actually is $3,50 for you in Australia, as the Australian dollar is just about that much (10-15%) weaker than the US Dollar. So you are paying the exact same amount, only in a different currency.
And another thing - you're not "having to spend" a single cent. Just don't buy it, there is noone forcing you to play those games.

I never said I was getting forced to play. I'm well aware that I'm not getting force-fed these games. What I'm saying though is that the games *are* overpriced. There's no 2 ways about it. Yeah, I realise that individually they're pretty cheap, but in the long run they're not.

linktriforce007
03-26-2010, 06:50 PM
:goodpostThis thread is full of win.

If you're being serious, thanks. :) If not, then...well. :uzi:Meaner thoughts. lol.

d0nkeytr0n
03-27-2010, 06:05 AM
I got 80g for basically looking at the terrible themes etc.....I wish I could get similar rewards for looking at grotesque furniture in shops in real life

SoraheartsKairi
03-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Meh, people're always gonna love complaining, aren't they? -

LX PROTOCOL V2
03-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Is there a place that people can complain about the game room? I don't have a problem with it (overall), but I'm sure some people need a place to vent. I do agree that people need to stop complaining in threads that the purpose is a topic other than the game room's flaws. Just a thought.

Joshi 82 AT
04-17-2010, 04:35 PM
As there are more people that complain about complaining I still stand with my previous post. "Where else on a forum should I complain" and it is not that I tell people that this game sucks, I tell people that "I personally think"/"in my opinion" this game sucks and there is nothing wrong with that.

You can hang me all you want for being a gamer who tries to get as many achievements for a game as possible, but getting an achievement for just starting the platform (not even playing an actual game) is something I personally do not support. If I plan to keep my Completion % high I simply have to buy games in the gameroom.

Every game on the marketplace is online with the same routine. Download the demo/testversion so you can have a look (and only a look, no achievements, not costs, nothing). Buy the game and you are able to earn achievements. But not microsoft. Would be kind the same if I download a demo and get an achievement. "Thank you for playing the demo, if you want the other 995G buy the game, sincerly yours developer. muahahaha"

In the end, again, idea of gameroom is nice. Paying for games is normal (even if they said it differently in the beginning), but paying multiple times to get the 1000 is something I totally disagree.

jd070993
04-17-2010, 04:55 PM
I think the main reason why people complain about Game Room here is the fact that it costs so much to get the 1000G. Now, for completionists, this is slightly understandable, but they could have looked at the achievement list RIGHT HERE beforehand, and see if they were willing to put in the time and money for the full gamerscore.

On the flip side, we have people who don't really care about the gamerscore. There are people who do want to pay for some classic games. That's what they want to do.

So I agree with the OP. If you don't like paying about 6,000MSP just to get 1000G, don't do it. There's plenty of other games out there.

Habilis_Orian
04-17-2010, 06:02 PM

Thank you.

I'm 100% with you Link.

I'm totally digging Game Room and all it's little features/games. It's a great concept and idea and I hope they continue with this and expand.

Yeah sure it may have a lot of bugs/glitches in it but that doesn't merit all of these "Complaint" topics. It's really taking away from what the forum is for.

I'm sure Microsoft will get their act together and fix it up after they've released the next Game Packs anyway.

Habilis_Orian
04-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Every game on the marketplace is online with the same routine. Download the demo/testversion so you can have a look (and only a look, no achievements, not costs, nothing). Buy the game and you are able to earn achievements. But not microsoft. Would be kind the same if I download a demo and get an achievement. "Thank you for playing the demo, if you want the other 995G buy the game, sincerly yours developer. muahahaha"

See that's the thing though, it's NOT a Demo. It's an actual Xbox 360 Full Game and people fail to realize that. The only thing you actually Demo are the individual arcade games themselves.

linktriforce007
04-17-2010, 07:17 PM
yes, in the marketplace it's labeled as a Game On Demand, not an arcade game.

Contrah
04-17-2010, 07:20 PM
That includes me :O but I'll get the achievements and enjoy the game after getting 1000 on MW2 and The BIGS 2...

linktriforce007
04-17-2010, 07:25 PM
I didn't expect this thread to be this popular. It was just supposed to make people stop. Not like the immature people on this forum care... =/

pauly_27
04-18-2010, 09:23 AM
I realise I'm a little late to the party here, but I think the problem was a lack of some real "killer" titles on launch.

People will probably come around when more better and more popular games become available. If you think about it, we are actually getting the retro games cheaper - retro arcade games used to be 400 ms points, and now they are only 240.

So to the people complaining about that 5 point achievement on start up- I'm certain you will eventually see a few games that you might be prepared to drop a few points on :)

MACdanstaface
04-18-2010, 12:04 PM
I agree 100%

Again, I love the concept, but I think the prices are ridiculous (especially for some games). With this, MS is probably making 2$ per game they sell - most of these games' licenses are already in the public domain anyways...

linktriforce007
04-18-2010, 04:46 PM
but some people would rather buy them instead of using illegal means.

Joshi 82 AT
04-19-2010, 08:17 AM
So to the people complaining about that 5 point achievement on start up- I'm certain you will eventually see a few games that you might be prepared to drop a few points on :)

That's what keeps me going :) Luckily I already found 2 games I like to play. Just hope MS doesn't raise the 1000G when they release some of the gamepackages, but I guess that would be just plain stupid if they did

linktriforce007
04-19-2010, 08:09 PM
or remove some of the games when newer ones come out, so that people who haven't downloaded them already can't anymore. Wow, that would blow

Parallax Demon
04-19-2010, 10:54 PM
I realise I'm a little late to the party here, but I think the problem was a lack of some real "killer" titles on launch.

People will probably come around when more better and more popular games become available. If you think about it, we are actually getting the retro games cheaper - retro arcade games used to be 400 ms points, and now they are only 240.

I agree for 100%. I'm playing games since the Commodore 64 and really love some games from the 80's. Main problem is that almost all games released so far are a waste of time and money. Give me 1942, Fort Apocalypse, Donkey Kong, Pac Man etc.