PDA

View Full Version : I've bought all 30 games...

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 01:02 AM
Has anyone else done that?

neo consumer
03-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Hell no lol.

I'm guessing some others have...

Vendinator354
03-25-2010, 01:07 AM
that is crazy man RIGHT ON how much did u spend in $'s or 's??

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 01:08 AM
that is crazy man RIGHT ON how much did u spend in $'s or 's??

I believe in costed me around 7200 MSP. But money didn't really concern me. I plan on buying every GR game.

Edit: Which wound up being around $85 USD.

goothgone
03-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Has anyone else done that?
this guy http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=989157&topic=54061425

Kitoro
03-25-2010, 01:17 AM
I believe in costed me around 7200 MSP. But money didn't really concern me. I plan on buying every GR game.

Edit: Which wound up being around $85 USD.

That's 7 games a week at 3 dollars a piece, working out to $21 a week on Game Room games, making it cost you $84 a month, and $1,008 a year! :eek:

Have fun with that. :p

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 01:19 AM
That's 7 games a week at 3 dollars a piece, working out to $21 a week on Game Room games, making it cost you $84 a month, and $1,008 a year! :eek:

Have fun with that. :p

Why'd you go and say that? I was fine thinking $21 a week, thank you very much =(

Anyone who wants to see my arcade can visit. They're all set up.

GT: linktriforce007

veece16
03-25-2010, 01:22 AM
Why would you buy all 30? Money isn't a problem for me, but all the games seem boring.

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Why would you buy all 30? Money isn't a problem for me, but all the games seem boring.

Completionist Collector OCD like. Half the games are boring. Especially Star Raiders, the sports games, and Adventure. I'm really amused by Asteroids DX, though.

StolenPaper18
03-25-2010, 01:26 AM

I found most of the games to be somewhat boring too. Don't get me wrong I love some classic games, I just didn't find any of those to be worth it. My friend on the other hand almost needed to find a new pair of pants when he was buying the titles earlier today. It all just depends on what people think of the games. Some people aren't into them (us) other people are (OP and my friend).

...I know I pretty much just stated the obvious...lol

Edit: Since OP just replied before I finished my post...Some people are just "Completionist Collector OCD" :-P

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 01:28 AM
I found most of the games to be somewhat boring too. Don't get me wrong I love some classic games, I just didn't find any of those to be worth it. My friend on the other hand almost needed to find a new pair of pants when he was buying the titles earlier today. It all just depends on what people think of the games. Some people aren't into them (us) other people are (OP and my friend).

Even I, the OP, am not "really into it." I'm just a collector to the level of OCD. That's all I can say.

veece16
03-25-2010, 01:29 AM

I downloaded it, but now I'll just delete it and move on. I don't see the point in spending over 7000 MSP to 1k a game.

Rolyatkcinmai
03-25-2010, 01:33 AM
Nice. That's $3000 just by the time they've finished their current plans for Game Room. That's 50 full retail $60 games.

Good luck with that.

StolenPaper18
03-25-2010, 01:34 AM
I downloaded it, but now I'll just delete it and move on. I don't see the point in spending over 7000 MSP to 1k a game.

I'm going to hold on to it for awhile and see if they release anything worth getting. If not I will be for sure doing the same thing as you. None of the launch games are worth it to me.

Vendinator354
03-25-2010, 01:52 AM
great adrcade just saw it definitly worth a visit gd work linktriforce007

Grishnaar
03-25-2010, 02:00 AM
First title update will include a new achievement:

Achievement Unlocked: Visited linktriforce007's Game Room

:D

Also, when Game Room was first tossed out as an idea it was originally going to partially be a Dreamcast emulator and ended up being an everything emulator. So I'd imagine we'll see some DC games here shortly and I believe that it was confirmed on Major Nelson's podcast that there would be some NeoGeo titles and possibly some TurboGrafx.

-Grishnaar

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 02:08 AM
First title update will include a new achievement:

Achievement Unlocked: Visited linktriforce007's Game Room

:D

-Grishnaar

Well, for all of those who've come:

Achievement Unlocked: 0G Visited Linktriforce007's Game Room

Mil
03-25-2010, 02:23 AM
i would love to visit your arcade lol, make sure to decorate it! haha

WarGod3
03-25-2010, 02:25 AM
it wont evan thet me buy any lol wen i click on that bit you buy the games nufin happens

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 02:26 AM
i would love to visit your arcade lol, make sure to decorate it! haha

Already have. Send friend invite. lol

Never Final
03-25-2010, 02:37 AM
The Arcade can only hold 96 games. What are you going to do when you hit the max??

Im guessing they will add more floors once it gets to that point.

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 02:40 AM
The Arcade can only hold 96 games. What are you going to do when you hit the max??

Im guessing they will add more floors once it gets to that point.

swap the bad for the good. I'd already thought of that. lol

Filter x360a
03-25-2010, 03:02 AM
Nice man, sent you a FR, just wanting to see it all set up.

litepink
03-25-2010, 04:53 AM
If it makes you happy, then why not, right? I'll have to visit some time.

Postmodernmartyr
03-25-2010, 04:59 AM
Sent a friend request to check it out... and hey you must get a lot of tokens!

Nikke84
03-25-2010, 05:00 AM
I bought 2, will maybe buy 4-5 more from this batch. Then I'll just hold out for better games :P

mickspawn
03-25-2010, 05:08 AM
If it makes you happy, then why not, right? I'll have to visit some time.
yes indeed just like mighty muggs ;)
to OP i might indeed buy the lot of them too.. $85 is not too bad.. its what a retail game costs me anyways :)

ChocoDK
03-25-2010, 05:11 AM
Wow well it looks like Microsoft will be seeing a boost in sales this week lol. But as long as you enjoy what you purchase and can afford it.

I just sent you a friends request to check out your arcade.

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 05:23 AM
Thanks to all who visited! I definitely need those tokens. Not ;)

Anyways. I have 36 tokens, have won 20 challenges. So, now it's just getting medals, and getting the hour straight achievement...hmmm...

Edit: Well, I'm going to bed. I'll be back online tomorrow at about 2:00 PM USA Central Time. Just saying this cause I've got a few requests.

ChocoDK
03-25-2010, 05:33 AM
Very nice arcade you have there. But most of the games are bad IMHO. Most of the good ones I had played so M$ was trying to get me to buy them.

Beau Coup Dinky Dau
03-25-2010, 05:46 AM
I gotta check out yer gameroom!

ApochWeiss
03-25-2010, 06:17 AM
I just can't bring myself to do it really. There's not enough good games up for it yet. I bought two stupidly in the first place that I thought would have easy medals but, silly me, were a waste. I'll wait for more to come out.

lu3mm3l
03-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Considering you can play alot of those games for free online or buy like 100+ in a 5$ collection this is a total waste of money. And if you're going really old school you can buy most of those in their original cartridge for the same money and play them how they were supposed to be played. They only stuff I could get hooked on would be vertical shooters from the 90s and I'm not sure we're going to see much of those :(

Jet1337
03-25-2010, 09:21 AM
From a technical perspective, this is the biggest waste of money videogame-wise I've ever seen. The emulators and ROMs for these games are free.

However, if you don't have a pc this could be a good deal. If you guys are correct and all 30 games cost 7200 MS points, the total comes out to $90 even. 80 points = $1.

You can't even get two new games for that much.

ApochWeiss
03-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Even I, the OP, am not "really into it." I'm just a collector to the level of OCD. That's all I can say.

I'm OCD too but even I wouldn't waste my money on all 30 games haha.

Green Hamton
03-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I also am OCD but there is no way in hell i would pay that kind of money for old games, what a waste.....:eek:

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't think all of the games are great. Half of them suck. The only games I'm really thrilled about are Tempest, Red Baron, and Asteroids. Other than that, I probably won't be playing the others as often.

snschugars
03-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Definitely not planing on buying all of the games out now, but I'll definately pay your arcade a visit. Sure it looks cool all filled up.

Phiggins81
03-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm still abit undicided with it at the minute, the games aren't the greatest (not yet anyway) and the interaction within the game room is not what I expected, but I'll give it a bit longer to see how it develops.
I'm definately up for visiting your game room thouough, and see how it looks. :)

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm still a bit undecided with it at the minute, the games aren't the greatest (not yet anyway) and the interaction within the game room is not what I expected, but I'll give it a bit longer to see how it develops.
I'm definitely up for visiting your game room though, and see how it looks. :)

It looks pretty lame, in my opinion. Once more games come out, I'll be able to really fill it up. That'll be cool. For now, I'll just have to decorate. *blah*

BelatedHero
03-25-2010, 06:22 PM
To the people saying its a waste of money, all I can say is that is a personal preference. Just because you believe its a waste does not mean everyone does. Also things you like others might consider a waste.

For example, I think its a waste of cash to spend $60 on a copy of Modern Warfare 2. Its the highest played game on LIVE right now, but to me personally... waste of cash.

If the OP likes it, more power to him.

brknhero
03-25-2010, 06:26 PM
I got all the games. And when new ones come out I'm sure I'll get those too. Its nice having a bunch of stuff all in one place. I remember playing many of these as a kid.

sleepydumbdude
03-25-2010, 06:58 PM
My friend bought all of them but the intellivision games. He has like 20000 ms points though becuase he bought 4000 point cards back when they were on sale on a site for 30 a piece.

Elit3 m0nkey
03-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Man I got to check out your game room (OP).

I have only bought one that was Asteroids. Pretty fun actually the only problem is that I don't have enough for the L4D2 DLC.

mrodrig1213
03-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Hello guys... for all of you concerned about spending too much money on these arcade games... I was thinking of maybe buying one of those 5000 or 10000 point live accounts on eBay. They're only about $25 for the 5000 and should be able to work on your main account once you download them with that silver account. Anything you download using the silver account should work for both the account and console. Any suggestions on this method? Would anyone be willing to give it a go before I take the plunge and let me know how it worked out!? :) LOL

Phiggins81
03-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Not a bad set up OP.
I must have missed some games yesterday, because you have some that I don't remember playing and I could still demo.
I suppose the whole arcade will come into it's own when more content is released giving you more options.

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Not a bad set up OP.
I must have missed some games yesterday, because you have some that I don't remember playing and I could still demo.
I suppose the whole arcade will come into it's own when more content is released giving you more options.

Thanks much. I appreciate the compliment. I like how I set my theme up, now I just need to fill the other two floors up, and the rest of my bottom floor atari room.

Setoraven
03-25-2010, 10:12 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Dear lord no...

Darth Cuda
03-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Hopefully pitfall will come out soon and DC would be welcome (even though I have a working one). I bought Intelivision classics and some XBLA titles already and I'm not paying Mirco$haft twice for them.

linktriforce007
03-25-2010, 11:57 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Dear lord no...

I remember you. You're the guy that says you refuse to stop complaining, no? Then why are you still on the Game Room forum? Prices won't get cheaper if you keep complaining.

DayV3d
03-26-2010, 01:11 AM
gonna buy 1 or 2 of the launchgames i guess, just for the frekkin chipset soundeffects and lousy music we all love from those games. :-)

and that dc rumor would be nice, altough my old dc still works..

Asaji
03-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Hey Link, you should send me a friend request too.

I think that Game Room is a great idea, and it'll only get better once we get some heavy classics like Space Invaders, River Raid, Chopper Command, Pitfall, Crackpots, Etc.

Besides, this gives us the opportunity to hope for games in the arcade that you literally cannot find anywhere else in the original form, like Dragons Lair. I'm interested in seeing what MS will make available.

BuddyRusso
03-26-2010, 01:12 PM
I really want to check out your room, linktriforce007. Probably gonna pick up some games later when more are released, didn't care much for what was available at launch. I really hope some of the games already released for XBLA will be available for Game Room (like Pac-man, etc)

retroboy
03-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Congratulations OP.

I could never do this though, seems like too much money. Especially when I have most of these on a few DVD collection I burned years ago lol.

They are good games but some of them aren't. I am a collector too but I don't bother with anythin pre Master System/Nes as they are mostly in poor condition, the consoles are prone to break and most importantly I never find them to be any fun.

If Dreamcast games comes out for the game room I will be a bit gutted. I am not going to download this cash cow and if DC games come to it it'll seem like a wasted Arcade game oppurtunity to me.

siderinc
03-26-2010, 06:06 PM
did you buy them for 240 points for xbox or pc only or the play anywhere game?...

cause there is a big price diffrence.. i i dont liked al the games i have 4 now :)

ITOPPERI
03-26-2010, 06:15 PM
I bought 2, will maybe buy 4-5 more from this batch. Then I'll just hold out for better games :P

I 'm thinking the same... I got only 6.

I hope they bring some new games soon.

Skully Kaishe
03-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Wooow I would say you're crazy but hey if you have the money then more power to ya. Lol

Van Dayyyyum
03-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Just checked out your collection before. Pretty dope.

linktriforce007
03-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Just checked out your collection before. Pretty dope.

just hit level 5. Seeing as how my math tells me there's only 350 points, and I need 380...It means I'll have to buy at most another 6 games. =(

lu3mm3l
03-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Besides, this gives us the opportunity to hope for games in the arcade that you literally cannot find anywhere else in the original form, like Dragons Lair. I'm interested in seeing what MS will make available.

A: Mostly everything is emulated from the older stuff and many of those games are available on compilation discs you can use with your favorite emulator.

B: They released a nice DVD of Dragons Lair some years ago. You should be able to find it on ebay :)

I'm looking forward for games that really interest me. Like still unemulated stuff or more up to date games like Neogeo or even Atomiswave. I don't think that we'll see any Naomi Games in the near future if in this xbox generation. I just don't think they can pull that off. And they should make it possible to walk through the arcade and include some nice games to play with your friends for free like Poker and Blackjack. And when they're at it also Billiard, Pool and Darts. The last one would work great with Natal ;)

Setoraven
03-27-2010, 06:13 AM
I remember you. You're the guy that says you refuse to stop complaining, no? Then why are you still on the Game Room forum? Prices won't get cheaper if you keep complaining.
Now you're the one who's bitching, knock it off.

tormond
03-27-2010, 10:40 PM
I sent a FR as well. I have been having a blast in GameRoom. Would love to see more stuff coming but I am an arcade junkie from long ago so this is right up my alley!

darkboy1200
03-28-2010, 12:08 AM
I bought one game and might but a few more, but the whole library definitely isn't in my thoughts. It's cool that you can play them anytime whenever you want though and it's nice to know I can visit some arcades.

Cipher Complex
03-28-2010, 08:16 AM
So far I am up to 5 games that I actually enjoy. I don't really think that all of them are worth a purchase. That is just crazy, need to check out your Arcade sometime in the future, that is alot of games.

Hutchy27
03-28-2010, 06:06 PM
nope i did the smart thing i only got the games i enjoyed :P