PDA

View Full Version : 36 Hours of Game play Achivement Roundup

XSpantX
03-25-2010, 04:01 AM
Ok, 36 hours is a long time. There has to be certain Games that can be Left alone. However i've noticed that some games wont count game time after a certain amount of time passes. So while your in game your not actually getting time for the game.

Ill try to make a List of games that stop counting and when they stop counting.

Any Intelivision game: With a turbo controller force the game to constantly reset by turboing A.

Centipede: Title screen stops after 60 seconds. In game will go on until you die. (note: you WILL die if you don't move). Tape the start button (or A button) and insert a load of credits. (Credit: Mightymango)

Outlaw: "Title screen" (until you hit reset) will only work for 60 seconds. The main game stops counting after 99 seconds (single player and multiplayer) .

Finalizer: Title screen works for 60 seconds (not tested) In game will count until you die (very quick if you don't move). The screens between gameplay (before the enemies come on screen) DONT count towards time. This is not a good game to boost on.

Tennis: Corded controler and Rubbanded sticks will let the game run. (Credit: neo consumer)

Adventure: Constantly running into a wall will force time to run. Pick up the key to be safe. (Credit: ImAKing1987, ApochWeiss, Nikke84, Cheese Touch)

I don't have all the games but all the games i do have ive listed. If you find certain games work better than others please feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the list and i will update it.

ApochWeiss
03-25-2010, 04:27 AM
You can't walk away from it. I tried last night. SUPPOSEDLY the only games you can do this with is Adventure and Crystal Castle but I can't confirm these. You can, however, have the time counted for you from holding LT to reverse time. I have a guide up for this game, I'm adding that to it shortly but would like to know if those two games can be left alone to count towards the one hour straight achievement.

XSpantX
03-25-2010, 04:48 AM
I found out that most of the games only count actual game time. the menu screens or game loading screens dont count for time.

I dont know about adventure

Nikke84
03-25-2010, 04:51 AM
Adventure works very well, I left mine running over night and it clocked at 7 hrs when I woke up.
However, I am constantly moving into the left wall with the help of a turbo controller so the game can't check me as idle (if it can that is).

Cheese Touch
03-25-2010, 04:58 AM
I tried this with Adventure while I was at work yesterday. I had my dude run in the gold castle with some tape on the controller but it only registered a few minutes when I got back.

ImAKing1987
03-25-2010, 06:54 AM
I can confirm that Adventure works if you rubber band the joysticks together. I picked up the key and let him keep running into the wall. The controller I used was also corded so it wouldnt cut off. As long as your moving it counts the time. I have the Retro Addict achievement already (8 hrs). Hope this helps.

BigApple3AM
03-25-2010, 07:00 AM
if you have one of the Mad Catz Street Fighter 4 arcade sticks or gamepads you can set the A button to turbo and tape the button down. It will keep restarting the game (same as you pressing A to play again over and over). I've used the turbo buttons on those controllers for a few achievements in other games.

DivinityCycle
03-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Gotta love the Fight Pads, I've used them for a bunch of things as well :)

XSpantX
03-25-2010, 08:50 PM
I added the trick with the turbo into the guide.

Nikke84
03-25-2010, 08:56 PM
I left my game on while I was at work, just sucks the power must have went off while I was gone cause my PC restarted and my 360 was powered off:(
Coulda been 10 hours closer to my 36 hour achievement!

Mightymango
03-25-2010, 09:13 PM
You can tape the a button on most of the games. I did it on Centipede and it worked just fine until my tape lifted.

Vivi
03-25-2010, 10:36 PM
do you have to own the game for it to count, or can you just play the demo and the time will count?

neo consumer
03-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Corded controller, elastic band. Works with Tennis (already got the 4 hour one last night).

XSpantX
03-25-2010, 11:00 PM
do you have to own the game for it to count, or can you just play the demo and the time will count?

Its safest to own the game.

Todaysforgotten
03-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Here is how you get the 36 hour achievement on 50 cents.

1. credit insert yars revenge.
2. Go into rainbow and put a weight on your analog stick in the up or down direction.
3. Come back in 36 hours
a) hope that you don't have a crappy 360 that crashes.

addendum: although i don't recall if the game allows you to flip the screen that way. So you might have to actually move up and down.

redsleigh
03-26-2010, 12:53 AM

2. Go into rainbow and put a weight on your analog stick in the up or down direction.
3. Come back in 36 hours

addendum: although i don't recall if the game allows you to flip the screen that way. So you might have to actually move up and down.

Can you technically "one play" this game then?

Todaysforgotten
03-26-2010, 04:11 AM
Can you technically "one play" this game then?

I'm trying to recall from memory if you can do like you can in asteroids by moving across the screen in a looping fashion. If this is the case, yes, you can one play the game. The rainbow field is offset from the middle and is pretty wide. You cannot get hit in there but you also can't fire(not that, that matters).

I just loaded up the game and yes you can move across the screen like in asteroids. So, what i'd suggest doing is finding a cable or something like a wire and wrapping it around your analog stick in the direction you want to "throttle" your movement. Make sure there is no slack and stretch the cable/wire away from the controller. Put a weight or shoe over the end of the cable that is not wrapped aorund the analog stick to hold the stick in place. As long as you are moving in this field you won't die or time the game out. Although, i've never done this and i hardly doubt they have a timer in this game.

linktriforce007
03-26-2010, 04:22 AM

3. Come back in 36 hours

You have to hold down the A button with scotch tape too in case you die. Hope we both get credit now ;)

Todaysforgotten
03-26-2010, 04:33 AM
You have to hold down the A button with scotch tape too in case you die. Hope we both get credit now ;)

haha. Nothing wrong with safe guards. I put the nub end of another controller on the button i need pressed. This can be accomplished by adding 2 or inches of material (cd cases, laptop etc)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Silverevoviii/Driller/3.jpg (file:///C:/Mom%20Folder/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/defaults/profile/bookmarks.html)

this was a complicated ghetto-rig build. The game i was playing had to have the the d-pad or analog pressed in a direction.

linktriforce007
03-26-2010, 04:35 AM
haha. Nothing wrong with safe guards. I put the nub end of another controller on the button i need pressed. This can be accomplished by adding 2 or inches of material (cd cases, laptop etc)

this was a complicated ghetto-rig build. The game i was playing had to have the the d-pad or analog pressed in a direction.

lol. Nice glue stick. Back on topic, my way works too ;)

heinstach
03-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I've tried several times in several of the games that should work. However, it doesn't. Do I need a turbo controller with autofire to make it work? I just have standard controllers without turbo.

littlejay
03-26-2010, 09:20 PM
my play n chage kit recently fried so im runnong on AAs atm. i tried the rubber band trick and only lasted 8 minutes :/

antiflag
03-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Just for the record, you can die while in the field, if the Qotile starts spinning and hits you, you will lose a life. By constantly moving up you lower the chance of being hit by a spinning Qotile, but the chance is still there.

Raistlin_156
03-26-2010, 10:58 PM
I've tried several times in several of the games that should work. However, it doesn't. Do I need a turbo controller with autofire to make it work? I just have standard controllers without turbo.

Same for me. Twice I did Adventure, grabbed the key, went to the corner, taped my controller running into the wall, came back 90 minutes later, no 1 hour continuous achievement and both times it registered under 14 minutes.

Today I tried it on that tank one. Two player, Intellivision game. Taped the left bumber which makes your tank go forward. Ran it into the wall. Came back 4 hours later, had a locked up Game Room. So I'm 0 for 3 to date on this one and its not my xBox, no lock ups, constantly on, just doesn't work well in this game for me. Might wait a bit for it to be less buggy (Can't Connect to Game Room, Challenges Not Available, Hit A to Resubmit, etcetera).

Raistlin 156

Tfahs V
03-27-2010, 01:13 AM
Yeah I'm with Raistlin_156. Is it safe to say that it MUST be a controller with a turbo function that way the system will not go idle or will a regular controller work? I propped my wireless controllers left analog in the up position. I was playing the game room on my pc and had my controller plugged in and charging. Adventure was my game and after 12 hrs the game was still running but only clocked a few min. Will a turbo option on the A button be the solution? Is there a definite answer so everyone knows. Thank you in advance to whoever can clarify this.

Tfahs V
03-27-2010, 01:19 AM
I also tried with crystal castles. I believe it was on the 4th stage. If you kill the witch and the three green things you can hide inside the castle in the corner. The bees were never able to get me. When in there I never moved and after a couple hrs I only clocked a few min. If I kept hitting the jump button or hooked up a turbo controller would that count for time? Thanks again.