PDA

View Full Version : A Glitch? Am I screwed?

Music-My-Savior
03-25-2010, 07:52 PM
So I'm at Market Station and was told to buy some filters for the gas masks. I went and bought two, headed to start the mission and did so. It loads up and tells me to press down to put my mask on, I do so but it comes up with a red sign in the bottom left and a 0, effectively saying I have no gas mask.

Obviously, loading checkpoint puts me back here exactly and I cannot progress. I'm looking around for a mask or filter on the floor or hiding somewhere but that's a stretch and I'm having no luck. I have no idea why I was allowed to start the mission if the two filters I got were not enough?

Any ideas or suggestions or am I screwed and have to start over?

Thanks in advance.

Music-My-Savior
03-25-2010, 07:58 PM
I found one on the floor near a dead solider. Whether thats going to be enough to do the level or whether I can find anymore are now the burning questions, lol. How annoying but joyful is it that after I post asking for help, I find the answer.

jason g
03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
apart from in the story where u have to buy them i couldn't buy them from any other trading stands in the game, i had to rely on hoping there were a few about, the filters are the rubbish part of this game for me, not only do u struggle to get them but sometimes u don't need the mask on but u don't realise, it should automaticlly equip/unequip imo.

@at a point near the end of the game i had about 20 filters that i didn't need as i wasn't wearing the mask but in areas like outside i only had about 3.

poor thinking with the game imo.

vithzeral
03-25-2010, 08:36 PM
If the mask shows red it's busted (you should have seen big cracks in it) but you probably still have filters. When that happens the game spawns another mask somewhere nearby so you just have to find it. It's happened a couple of times to me and a new mask was always really close by.