PDA

View Full Version : How?

Afro Ninja
03-25-2010, 09:32 PM
After hearing rumors about playing a real instrument while playing the game (Rock Band 3 is going to "teach" us how to play real music too), How are they going to do it though? What do you guys think?

Steadysphere
03-27-2010, 11:41 AM
I kind of wish they would leave 'teaching players how to play guitar' to that Power Gig game. I play rock band for fun, not to learn how to play guitar. I don't mind if they still allow use of normal guitars for people who just want to play Rock band, but if they revolve it around a realistic guitar, I would be slightly irritated by it.

Dustinator
04-06-2010, 09:26 PM
After hearing rumors about playing a real instrument while playing the game (Rock Band 3 is going to "teach" us how to play real music too), How are they going to do it though? What do you guys think?

I can't remember where I read it, but HMX said that those comments about how RB3 will be more realistic and hopefully teach people how to play real instruments were not from HMX. It was Harrison's(?) kid who made the statements and they were from him solely. They pretty much discredited him, saying he mispoke and he was a bit too enthusiastic with his comments. He helped with the RB Beatles but has only seen a smidge of RB3 back when he made the comments in 09.

I personally am hoping for Harmonies and something else in RB3, but I haven't a clue. As long as I get to play all my 600+ songs in RB3, then I'll be happy :)

Spade422
04-12-2010, 12:12 AM
i believe his name was zach starkey

Massa Siggy
04-12-2010, 12:27 AM
I thought I had heard of another game a while ago utilizing a component hookup to plug the guitar cord into, I'm not sure if this evolved into RB3 or not.

Asphyx1ateD
04-21-2010, 09:50 PM
i believe his name was zach starkey

Naw, Dhani Harrison.

Spade422
04-27-2010, 03:58 AM
Naw, Dhani Harrison.

:(

swing and a miss lol

Gorilla
05-09-2010, 10:24 AM
my main concern with any Rock Band sequel is that it supports my RB1 and RB2 DLC.. cause i don't want to stop playing to switch discs (ala Guitar Hero) to play my favorite songs. i want to keep them all together.

that said, and knowing that RB3 is suppose to support all previous RB DLC, i don't expect RB3 to be a huge improvement over RB2, because any new features would have to support the 1000+ downloadable songs already available and i don't see Harmonix upgrading all those songs to support some outrageous new feature.

Iconoclast
05-10-2010, 01:44 PM
my main concern with any Rock Band sequel is that it supports my RB1 and RB2 DLC.. cause i don't want to stop playing to switch discs (ala Guitar Hero) to play my favorite songs. i want to keep them all together.

that said, and knowing that RB3 is suppose to support all previous RB DLC, i don't expect RB3 to be a huge improvement over RB2, because any new features would have to support the 1000+ downloadable songs already available and i don't see Harmonix upgrading all those songs to support some outrageous new feature.

I don't think we have to worry about RB3 not supporting previous DLC or even the songs from the original setlists. Like you said, that's why I went with Rock Band over Guitar Hero, since you're paying for the songs, you might as well be allowed to carry them over between games (especially since a new Guitar Hero game is released about every 2 months). But I also see your point about what else they can include with the game as far as new features go; I was really happy to see World Tour over Live in RB2, I felt that it was essentially the one key thing they didn't include but should have with RB1.