PDA

View Full Version : Motion mines??

IPRoBATiON
03-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Completly pointless if u ask me. I throw them everytime I'm in my recon class and never get anything out of them. I never hear them beep then next thing I know there's an enemy knifing me from behind. My playtime is around 67 hours and I've only accumulated 2 motion mine assists. Any ideas?

InsaneKane87
03-26-2010, 12:01 AM
I usually use them if im attacking a flag or helping my team. They are kinda pointless in hardcore cuz when you hear a beep if you wanna see where they are you gotta hit start. But they still help, does take awhile to get an assist with one.

II M1CK3H II
03-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Completly pointless if u ask me. I throw them everytime I'm in my recon class and never get anything out of them. I never hear them beep then next thing I know there's an enemy knifing me from behind. My playtime is around 67 hours and I've only accumulated 2 motion mine assists. Any ideas?

Here's a tip, saying they are pointless will most likely get you flamed ;)

Anyway, it depends on what you play. In rush it helps on certain maps like nelson bay as pretty much all of the objectives on the right hand side of the map are under attack, so you can pretty much throw them on top of the objectives to get assists. I was getting around 10-20 per mine on the last set of objectives on that map.

Conquest mode I can only suggest throwing them on top of flags that are under heavy fire, but I dont play that game mode so I'm not the best to ask.

Zombie Kipper
03-26-2010, 12:05 AM
I think someone has to kill them within 3 seconds of them being detected, or so I have been told.
I've only got 4 though - I tend to get absorbed into the game and forget to throw them though.

Chuppernicus
03-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Dont be a sniper?
I have 23 Surv Ops pins,not a brag, stats are pointless, just making a point that they are easy to get and work great. I cant stand being a sniper, it's my least used class. But I love the motion mines and will sometimes use the sniper class on D with a shotty or the G3 and a squad mate dishing out the ammo.

The effect doesn't last very long.
Do you throw them where the enemy is or should be?
They aren't there to really protect you as a sniper.
They dont beep for you when they detect an enemy. Not that I've ever heard.
The enemy only shows up on the mini map as a red dot.
When you are being lit up on the enemy's radar you will hear a beep.
I toss them in the area I think the bad guys will be coming or near choke points/areas.
I like to not throw them near flags or crates but near them. When they are on or really near your crate it's usually too late as many gamers aren't near the crates anyway, not enough "action" for them.

IPRoBATiON
03-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Well that's my problem. I only play hardcore. Guess I'll have to try the sissy mode to finish off the combat service support achievement. I'll try the tactics you guys gave me...thanks

LAD360
03-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Well that's my problem. I only play hardcore. Guess I'll have to try the sissy mode to finish off the combat service support achievement. I'll try the tactics you guys gave me...thanks
Because needing more bullets to kill and no OHK snipers is sissy :p.

But yeah, motion mines are great. They will save your team's ass more than any other gadget when you've planted the bomb.

DannoLL
03-26-2010, 01:45 AM
Yeah, since I started using Recon (I wanna get all the unlocks >:), I've found the Motion Mine really useful, it allows the team to attack and defend more efficiently, and nets you a ton of free points.

DENAz666
03-26-2010, 02:14 AM
Yeah they definately are not usless, i've got shit loads of assists from them. I'm guessing your the type of sniper who sits up the back in a bush and snipes, throw them a around a objective when your team is storming it, guaranteed you'll get 4-5 motion mine assists

pined5551
03-26-2010, 02:27 AM

This may sound patronizing (i dont mean it to be), but learn where to throw them and when. They're on a 20 second timer i think so they arent around for long. Throw them at high traiffic spots, places where the enemy funnel through such as a bottleneck. These are quite obvious in Rush mode. As a 67 hour player im guessing you know where these hot spots are already. Just keep throwing and then look for a assault dude for ammo.

Cypher_Cobra
03-26-2010, 05:05 AM
I cannot live without motion mines.

On maps like Valapraiso, and Nelson Bay where you can't rely on your own eyes because of all the trees, the motion sensors are critical to finding people.

When I attack a building that has enemies in it, or I suspect enemies are are in it, in goes the motion mine.

Sometimes I just throw it by my feet when I feel like enemies are sneaking around near me.

Just throw them into a hot zone, 20 points per enemy killed by a normal ally, 30 points per enemy killed by a squad mate.

Recon is my primary kit, when I'm outa motion mines I feel like I lose one of my senses.

DENAz666
03-26-2010, 05:09 AM
I cannot live without motion mines.

On maps like Valapraiso, and Nelson Bay where you can't rely on your own eyes because of all the trees, the motion sensors are critical to finding people.

When I attack a building that has enemies in it, or I suspect enemies are are in it, in goes the motion mine.

Sometimes I just throw it by my feet when I feel like enemies are sneaking around near me.

Just throw them into a hot zone, 20 points per enemy killed by a normal ally, 30 points per enemy killed by a squad mate.

Recon is my primary kit, when I'm outa motion mines I feel like I lose one of my senses.

lol i will ALWAYS dump an ammo box at a snipers feat, no matter if they are in my squad or not. Easy points, especially if they use their motion mines

Cypher_Cobra
03-26-2010, 05:13 AM
lol i will ALWAYS dump an ammo box at a snipers feat, no matter if they are in my squad or not. Easy points, especially if they use their motion mines

I run out of ammo all the time on my Recon, my VSS runs dry quick 20 round mags, with 1 in the rifle 2 in the pocket for a total of 60 rounds. There are times when I'm outa ammo for both my rifle and my pistol, out of motion sensors and out of C4s.

That's when I hate it when I start knifing other allied Assault kits and spamming the back button to scream for ammo and they ignore me. Sometimes even people in my squad who I can talk to ignore me when I'm yelling: "AMMO!? DO YOU HAVE IT?!?"

Just recovered from laryngitis 3 days ago, I was totally screwed when I couldn't yell at people. Need more people like you who just throw out ammo.

DENAz666
03-26-2010, 05:40 AM
I run out of ammo all the time on my Recon, my VSS runs dry quick 20 round mags, with 1 in the rifle 2 in the pocket for a total of 60 rounds. There are times when I'm outa ammo for both my rifle and my pistol, out of motion sensors and out of C4s.

That's when I hate it when I start knifing other allied Assault kits and spamming the back button to scream for ammo and they ignore me. Sometimes even people in my squad who I can talk to ignore me when I'm yelling: "AMMO!? DO YOU HAVE IT?!?"

Just recovered from laryngitis 3 days ago, I was totally screwed when I couldn't yell at people. Need more people like you who just throw out ammo.

I just don't understand why people don't, i mean its easy XP? lol

McGoogles
03-26-2010, 05:54 AM
stats are pointless

What? I think the only people that say that are the ones who are terrible at the game. Maybe you aren't, I don't know, but don't make stupid assumptions like that.

How are they pointless? If I go 24-4 in a game, with many revives/ammo supplies and crate destroys, am I a bad player or a good player? If I go 4-12 with a little bit of revives, am I a good player or bad player? I think statistics are a big part of the game because it shows how well you are.

In my opinion, I think that SPM (score per minute), skill level, and kills determine your skill for the game.

DENAz666
03-26-2010, 06:09 AM
What? I think the only people that say that are the ones who are terrible at the game. Maybe you aren't, I don't know, but don't make stupid assumptions like that.

How are they pointless? If I go 24-4 in a game, with many revives/ammo supplies and crate destroys, am I a bad player or a good player? If I go 4-12 with a little bit of revives, am I a good player or bad player? I think statistics are a big part of the game because it shows how well you are.

In my opinion, I think that SPM (score per minute), skill level, and kills determine your skill for the game.

I disagree, I can get number 1 in a game, and not have 1 kill, and i've done it before. Flying around a black hawk for example, i get as many points as the gunners do, but no kills to show.

lol people that usually care about stats (or KD anyways) are the snipers sitting at the back of the map :P not saying your one of those btw :)

Cypher_Cobra
03-26-2010, 06:55 AM
I play Recon kit mainly.

In general I aim to have a 2.0 average KD spread and I try to keep my skill level at 180-200. I like to have about 250-300 points per minute.

It's uncommon to Ace Pin with a bolt action sniper rifle, too much dependancy on favorable conditions. People are always dying and getting shot, so medics are always in business reviving and healing.

So snipers get better KD spreads, but their points suffer. Even when a sniper is on fire on a map, it's never a regular thing. So then you have to ask yourself if a good KD spread overpowers your 75 points per minute haha.

DENAz666
03-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Yeah see sometimes i'm so focused on the objective, that my KD will suffer big time. Like on defense for example, i'll have a good KD, where as on attack, it will usually suck cos i'm trying to rush the objective, or sneak in behind them, focusing more on being sneaky then killing people. Thats the main reason why I've got a reasonably big score, compared to other people who have like 1000 kills more :P

Each to their own, i don't put much focus on stats personally, just happy to have a even KD :)

RadiantViper
03-26-2010, 07:25 AM
Motion sensors are amazing. I use them as much as possible, very helpful for both you and your team. It's just awesome when you manage to kill someone who thinks they've snuck up on you.

McGoogles
03-26-2010, 07:39 AM
I disagree, I can get number 1 in a game, and not have 1 kill, and i've done it before. Flying around a black hawk for example, i get as many points as the gunners do, but no kills to show.

lol people that usually care about stats (or KD anyways) are the snipers sitting at the back of the map :P not saying your one of those btw :)

That's why you have to compare all the following: SPM, squad score, kills, KDR and playing time.

SPM (score per minute) - My SPM is 324. I only play as the assault and engineer class (I only played as the other two classes for the rest of my insignias and remaining weapons). I occasionally hand out ammo supplies, but not all the time. I mainly focus on rushing into the enemies base or defending the objective. By doing so, you'll get a higher SPM because you face more enemies and you have more chances of getting points. Hence being a sniper, where you have to wait for the perfect chance to get a headshot or to even find an enemy. SPM determines your skill and your class.

Squad score - If you have a very low squad score (like myself) then that would mean that you would be more skilled because you are not with your squad all of the time and you get points all by yourself. If you have a high squad score, then that would mean that you farm your points off of your squad members.

Kills - I have seen players on the top of the leaderboards with like 2,000 kills and like 800,000 squad score. Obviously, they are terrible at the game and farm their points (as mentioned above) off of their squad. If you have a lot of kills in Bad Co. 2, means you are experienced and most likely good at the game.

KDR - Your kill/death/ratio. I have a 2.56 KDR and I barely ever play as the recon class.

The playing time, the SPM, the amount of kills you have with sniper rifles, and your KDR all tie together to show what kind of player you are. If you have a really high playing time, a low SPM, tons of skills with snipers, and a high KDR, that means that you camp with snipers almost every match and you're not very good.

Playing Time - Refer to KDR.

Poppygalaxy
03-26-2010, 09:10 AM

?? what?. They are really god for defending a "hot" spot, Say your attacking on Ruch an set the charge, You defend the charge a trow out a Motion Mine, Now you can see if anyone is trying to defuse while staying behind cover.

Obvious it isn't good if your camping and just sniping at long range but at least in Ruch it is very helpful and if you get it right you will get a lot of points.

LAD360
03-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Squad score - If you have a very low squad score (like myself) then that would mean that you would be more skilled because you are not with your squad all of the time and you get points all by yourself. If you have a high squad score, then that would mean that you farm your points off of your squad members.

Kills - I have seen players on the top of the leaderboards with like 2,000 kills and like 800,000 squad score. Obviously, they are terrible at the game and farm their points (as mentioned above) off of their squad. If you have a lot of kills in Bad Co. 2, means you are experienced and most likely good at the game.
I don't see how playing with your squad makes you less skilled at all. The squad system is there for a reason, you work with your squad to destroy/defend objectives helping each other out with whatever your chosen class provides. If spotting for your team, chucking down ammo packs and driving vehicles makes you a noob I'd rather be a noob than a "skilled" player who leaves his team to go Rambo.

Ginjasy
03-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Motion Mine rule. I like to play Recon with the G3, if I have an Assault dishing out the ammo I can have a constant supply, we can push up the map on Attack quite well by spamming the mines and grenades.

zeds
03-26-2010, 12:25 PM
The motion mine is fantastic in any mode but hardcore, and really do help out your team alot. I use recon the most out of all the classes and those mines really are fantastic!

Barad
03-26-2010, 12:26 PM
I think i have like 70 squad motion mine assists now, i find them quite easy to get a bonus out of.

Chuppernicus
03-26-2010, 12:27 PM

I think you need to look up what assumption means. This is a team game, in a team game there are too many factors for stats to really matter. I was not making an assumption there nor in my other post, that my young friend is an opinion. You believe what you, I like to win. Peroid. Stats mean nothing to me, I like to get all the pins and badges for the challenge. Otherwise they are just numbers.

McGoogles
03-26-2010, 10:18 PM
I think you need to look up what assumption means. This is a team game, in a team game there are too many factors for stats to really matter. I was not making an assumption there nor in my other post, that my young friend is an opinion. You believe what you, I like to win. Peroid. Stats mean nothing to me, I like to get all the pins and badges for the challenge. Otherwise they are just numbers.

Assumption is similar to opinion, give me a fucking break. You're right though, this is a team game. But you can still get a good KDR if you're a good enough player. And what is all this about "its just a number" thing? Once again, that's what people say who are bad at games. It's kind of wierd that you stated that too, hence your gamerscore.

IPRoBATiON
03-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Because needing more bullets to kill and no OHK snipers is sissy :p.

But yeah, motion mines are great. They will save your team's ass more than any other gadget when you've planted the bomb.

It's actually harder my man. There's no radar and your health doesn't regenerate without a health pack. That's a hell of a lot more realistic if you ask me. I play for realism and unloading half a clip to kill an enemy isn't very realistic.

BSH 1975
03-27-2010, 08:48 AM
It's actually harder my man. There's no radar and your health doesn't regenerate without a health pack. That's a hell of a lot more realistic if you ask me. I play for realism and unloading half a clip to kill an enemy isn't very realistic.

I found that i needed less bullets to kill an enemy in BC2 than in the previous game. But sometimes I as well need half a clip to kill one.....I make myself happy by thinking that guy uses that body armor.

I love those motion mines. easy assist points and a great assistance for clearing houses, defending/attacking objectives.

qu1ck2sh00t
03-27-2010, 01:34 PM
I played one round of squad rush just to get the "win a squad rush round" pin, I played as a sniper and all I did was through those bastard motion mines at the objective and BAM 4 beeps my team took them out. Rinse and repeat...