PDA

View Full Version : No Gold?

Lone Soldier x7
03-26-2010, 03:08 AM
I remember when in the first Bad Company the entire campaign was mostly about getting the gold. At the end of BC1 they get the gold. However in BC2 I have never heard anybody mention the gold.
Does anybody know what happened to it?

DENAz666
03-26-2010, 03:18 AM
The game has taken on a much more serious tone, gone are the gold hunts, they are a lot more deeply invovled in the war this time around.

Tx_Mace
03-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Yeah i noticed that the crates in rush are not even called the gold crates now.. In Bad Company 1 wern't they called that?

Judivarious
03-26-2010, 04:06 AM
Yeah i noticed that the crates in rush are not even called the gold crates now.. In Bad Company 1 wern't they called that?

Yeah, in BC1, the game mode was called "Gold Rush", and every time you won the guy talked about "Ha the gold is mine...I...I mean ours! Great job guys". and when you lost he was like "There goes our retirement fund. Now we'll be working in the military forever". or something like that.

Pisses me off they didn't include a backstory on what they did with the gold in the end...

D3ad5hoot3rs
03-26-2010, 04:22 AM
Does it really matter?

Play the game, have some fun. Its not like its a big deal about what happened....
This game is much better the way it is now, and the campaign was much more interesting and fun this time around.

BigDave1313
03-26-2010, 04:38 AM
This is what happened the real story,Ok so the found all the gold u know and then they had called cash4gold and got so much money but decided not to retire the end (; lol sorry i had to post something stupid but yea i wonder what happened to but this one was 99.9% better then the last one!
And im addicted to the mp!

Judivarious
03-26-2010, 04:47 AM
This is what happened the real story,Ok so the found all the gold u know and then they had called cash4gold and got so much money but decided not to retire the end (; lol sorry i had to post something stupid but yea i wonder what happened to but this one was 99.9% better then the last one!
And im addicted to the mp!

It's not stupid. It's called a plothole. If someone like Yahtzee or the AVGN can bitch about plotholes, so can regular joes like these guys or myself.

BigDave1313
03-26-2010, 04:48 AM
It's not stupid. It's called a plothole. If someone like Yahtzee or the AVGN can bitch about plotholes, so can regular joes like these guys or myself.

did u at least like my story?? :)

d00gler
03-26-2010, 04:53 AM
I don't know what anyone else thought, but I felt like each mission in the campaign was so brief. It seemed to me that the campaign mode was just training for multiplayer. It was good training at the same time, but not what a single player campaign should feel like to me. I realize some sacrifices have to be made for such a deep multiplayer mode.

xCGIx PUNISHER
03-26-2010, 04:54 AM
Does it really matter?

Play the game, have some fun. Its not like its a big deal about what happened....
This game is much better the way it is now, and the campaign was much more interesting and fun this time around.

It's no big deal? The gold was what the first campaign pretty much surrounded itself around. Thats like having Bioshock 2 completely remove Big Daddies and leave no reason why. The least they could do is explain what happened. Maybe they'll tie it up in the third game. Like maybe BC stashed it somewhere until they finally get out of the military.

Cypher_Cobra
03-26-2010, 05:02 AM
The whole "gold" issue was derogative to US military. Showing soldiers breaking laws for their own self gain, and having a multiplayer where the COs complain that they'll be working for the US military because of money?

My bet is that DICE caught flak from certain player audiences and decided to make Bad Company more heroic, albeit more stereotypical.

DENAz666
03-26-2010, 05:06 AM
Does it really matter?

Who's complaining? We're talking about it... you know... like people do on forums

OT: Plus i think it is tied in, like the gold that was taken was used to fund enemy or something. I didn't really pay THAT much attention unfortunately. Would really need to play through the first one again to get it fresh in my head

McGoogles
03-26-2010, 06:05 AM
Yes, they should've added gold to the campaign. But wouldn't that make Bad Co. 2 very similar to Bad Co. 1? It'd just be two games of the same kind, there had to have been some kind of change.

I was actually disappointed with the genre of music they added to Bad Co. 2. I remember the first one having some kind of jazz music. But they took it all away, including the gold.

What ever happened to the pilot of the Legionnaire at the end of Bad Co. 1 anyway? :confused:

DENAz666
03-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Yes, they should've added gold to the campaign, but wouldn't that make Bad Co. 2 very similar to Bad Co. 1? I'd rather have the same kind of gameplay in two different types of campaigns than just one.

I was actually disappointed with the genre of music they added to Bad Co. 2. I remember the first one having some kind of jazz music. But they took it all away, including the gold.

What ever happened to the pilot of the Legionnaire at the end of Bad Co. 1 anyway? :confused:

I totally agree, i loved that music, it used to play in every vehicle, but the only time i heard it was at the very end of the game :(

Cypher_Cobra
03-26-2010, 06:57 AM
I found the BC campaign boring, not as bad as Section 8 but still boring. Wasn't have much fun at all and was just playing to unlock gamerscore.

I would have probably prefered if there was no campaign and just had an online only game, or single player with bots.

RadiantViper
03-26-2010, 07:45 AM
It's not a big deal at all but it's still rather annoying. They could still have the BC2 plot, but it would be fun if they made references to the gold. Like if for whatever reason they had to go back to the military, but they managed to stash the gold somewhere for later.

I agree with the above, BC1 music was awesome.

killerc0P
03-26-2010, 07:57 AM
As long as I can shoot a hole in a wall and level a house I couldn't care less about the bloody gold. Lol

InsaneKane87
03-26-2010, 08:29 AM
It's no big deal? The gold was what the first campaign pretty much surrounded itself around. Thats like having Bioshock 2 completely remove Big Daddies and leave no reason why. The least they could do is explain what happened. Maybe they'll tie it up in the third game. Like maybe BC stashed it somewhere until they finally get out of the military.

No removing one of the gang like sweetwater would be like removing Big Daddies from bioshock2. Not gold lol

Poppygalaxy
03-26-2010, 08:58 AM
As long as I can shoot a hole in a wall and level a house I couldn't care less about the bloody gold. Lol

Yepp, you got it right. Who cares about the story when you can blow up houses :)

LAD360
03-26-2010, 09:45 AM
With the rise in value of gold many Russian military groups began selling off their crates that they had lying around. The original plan was to make bling for their uniforms but in the poor economic climate they eventually decided to just get some fetching red hats and sell the gold.

Barad
03-26-2010, 12:22 PM
I haven't played the campaign yet, damn no gold?! where did the story go?