PDA

View Full Version : Justified on FX

StolenPaper18
03-26-2010, 04:47 AM
Has anyone else got into this new series on FX?

The trailers got me really excited for this show to drop on FX and when it did, I must say I was impressed (just like I have been with pretty much every FX series that I have watched so far). I feel like we have a nice new series starting build here and I hope that they can keep it as interesting as it is so far. There are some amazing one liners in the show as well.

"I want you to understand, I don't pull my sidearm unless I'm going to shoot to kill."

Anyone else watching this show? Opinions? Likes/Dislikes? Discuss! (or don't)

Minty
03-26-2010, 05:01 AM
Glad you reminded me about this. Saw the trailer for it and it looked good, but didnt watch it yet. FX pretty much only does good shows.

StolenPaper18
03-26-2010, 05:04 AM
Glad you reminded me about this. Saw the trailer for it and it looked good, but didnt watch it yet. FX pretty much only does good shows.

100% agree, they do amazing shows. You definitely need to check it out sometime it is starting out really well. I'm trying to get anyone I can into it watching it so I can have some people to talk to about it. :woop:

TwiztidChef
03-26-2010, 05:08 AM
I love this show. It's badass. Great characters and dialogue. The second episode was even better, the end of it kinda re-assured me if they were just gonna make this a one note show(don't wanna give any spoilers). FX almost always does a great job on their TV shows, I've been hooked on them since The Shield(also Sons of Anarchy, Archer, and Rescue Me), too bad they canceled Lucky, I liked that show.

I love the theme song too. Its an underground rapper who's name I've heard, but never listened to. Its T.O.N.E.z, and for this he joined up with some other guy, and they have a CD coming out called Gangstagrass, a mix of Blue Grass and Gangsta Rap.

StolenPaper18
03-26-2010, 05:13 AM
I love the theme song too. Its an underground rapper who's name I've heard, but never listened to. Its T.O.N.E.z, and for this he joined up with some other guy, and they have a CD coming out called Gangstagrass, a mix of Blue Grass and Gangsta Rap.

I started listening to some of his songs after hearing it on the show. I didn't know about the album coming out though, I will have to keep a look out for it. Thanks for the news.

sixgun91
03-26-2010, 06:19 PM
me and my dad have been watching it. im a huge timothy olyphant fan and i really like the show. alot! he is badass and the badguy is pretty cool and unique as well.

tuC0M
03-26-2010, 07:33 PM
I watched the first episode and have the 2nd one recorded. I like Timothy Olyphant as an actor, he was really good in Deadwood on HBO and I liked him in Live Free or Die Hard too. Definitely hoping this series is as good as some of the others on FX although I don't doubt it.

Edit: Just watched the 2nd episode and it was awesome!

Texez
03-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Has anyone else got into this new series on FX?

The trailers got me really excited for this show to drop on FX and when it did, I must say I was impressed (just like I have been with pretty much every FX series that I have watched so far). I feel like we have a nice new series starting build here and I hope that they can keep it as interesting as it is so far. There are some amazing one liners in the show as well.

"I want you to understand, I don't pull my sidearm unless I'm going to shoot to kill."

Anyone else watching this show? Opinions? Likes/Dislikes? Discuss! (or don't)

I think it's a great series. I read the short story "Fire in the hole" by Elmore Leonard once I heard it was based off it and it is FAITHFUL to the material. The rap/bluegrass song hooked me in as well. It took me a while to find it on the net, but it's free for download. (Legally)

I think Olyphant is an awesome actor who just has fun doing what he's doing. The dialogue is excellent, the acting top notch and thank God they don't have the damn shaky-cam going on constantly.

StolenPaper18
03-31-2010, 03:30 AM
I think it's a great series. I read the short story "Fire in the hole" by Elmore Leonard once I heard it was based off it and it is FAITHFUL to the material. The rap/bluegrass song hooked me in as well. It took me a while to find it on the net, but it's free for download. (Legally)

I think Olyphant is an awesome actor who just has fun doing what he's doing. The dialogue is excellent, the acting top notch and thank God they don't have the damn shaky-cam going on constantly.

I didn't realize it was based on a story. I will definitely have to check that out soon.

New episode is on tonight, WOOHOO!