PDA

View Full Version : Directionals Only Problem

Jackass
03-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Well, I'm only using the right stick, quarter circles to kick the opponent, its not to hard, did it in career as well, saw the stats: 50 directionals only. Did it now in that bass mode and beat someone with the exact same move as before but no achievement and at the stats screen it says:

Directional hits :32
World destruction : 20

What is that world destruction? I keep getting that and annoys me

ac2565
03-22-2007, 07:13 PM
The destruction of the enviorment.

Jackass
03-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Wow, sounds like even more a pain, any tips

ac2565
03-23-2007, 12:05 AM
This is what I did
Charecter: Jim Jones
Song: We Fly High
Venue: Gas Station
As soon as the level starts use the directional move down to right or right to up. Hitt your opponent by either down and down or down and up after that to the gas station pump.If timed right you just gave him a hazard blast. You also are winning unless it exploded with you.

Jackass
03-23-2007, 01:00 AM
No matter what the fuck i do, I keep getting that world destruction hit. Won wth no one got in a hazard or anything, gas station exploded so theres not much enviroment shit to hit still it's 58. I dont get it. Tried the way of the guide as well with the fire hazard in appartment, he gets blown away and offcourse hits something. Freaking ridiculous. Fuck this achievement. Wtf would it matter if he hits objects, thats the game, its hard enough being not allowed to block etc

crow74
03-23-2007, 09:23 PM
may sound abit daft but have you got bass set to hard difficulty

Jackass
03-25-2007, 01:55 AM
Offcourse, I setted the game from the start on hard and got all achievements besides this one and havent changed the settings. And I think I would notice if it was on normal

Jackass
03-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Finally got it, I dont understand, didnt do anything different and did had 28 world destruction. I only had to beat it 10 times

Hitchcock
06-10-2008, 06:55 PM
ya this achievement is a pain in the ass. I bootfuck the bitch into the window 100 times with a directional while listening to my song and he wont go through it! Then he kicks me once and bam my ass goes through. Can you say Def Jam FRISBEE??

Ryot Control
06-28-2008, 03:39 PM
I finally came to the realization that you can only go through the window when the bass hits. It never occurred to me that you would have to treat the window like the elevator in the office level.

tadpeters
08-19-2008, 08:29 PM
I am now having the same problem. I've beaten Stan at least 6 times at the gas station as Dr. Chang and it hasn't unlocked. I've gotten world destructions ranging from 12 all the way to 58 and it won't unlock. My game is on hard.

Leb23ron
08-19-2008, 08:32 PM
I am now having the same problem. I've beaten Stan at least 6 times at the gas station as Dr. Chang and it hasn't unlocked. I've gotten world destructions ranging from 12 all the way to 58 and it won't unlock. My game is on hard.

Are you using the dj command to do the world destructions?

tadpeters
08-19-2008, 08:35 PM
No I don't even mess with the DJ command because it's on beatings with bass mode. I was under the impression you couldn't even control it in that mode. It just exploded for you.

Leb23ron
08-19-2008, 08:37 PM
No I don't even mess with the DJ command because it's on beatings with bass mode. I was under the impression you couldn't even control it in that mode. It just exploded for you.

Then it shouldn't matter about the world destruction, are you grabbing at all?

tadpeters
08-19-2008, 08:38 PM
No grabs, taunts, getup moves, nothing. All of my stats are 0's except for directionals, hazards and world destruction.

Leb23ron
08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
No grabs, taunts, getup moves, nothing. All of my stats are 0's except for directionals, hazards and world destruction.

Then the only thing i could think of is the difficulty level.

tadpeters
08-19-2008, 08:43 PM
I'll look to be on the safe side but I just got done beating story on hard. Worth a look I guess.

EDIT:

I went to go work out and stuff but I'm back home now and can post that I looked at the difficulty and it was set on hard. I don't really get what the deal is. The OP said he just got it randomly by beating it over and over again which is strange. If anybody has any tips on things that might help please let me know. The only moves I do are directionals and the difficulty is set on hard. The only thing I have left to think is something to do with the environment.

Maybe you aren't supposed to damage everything on a level?
Maybe you aren't supposed to get damaged by stuff on a level?
Maybe you aren't supposed to use your opponent to damage stuff on a level?

I don't know... this just doesn't make any sense.

tadpeters
08-20-2008, 12:53 AM
EDIT: Sorry for double posting. I edited my message into my previous post. Delete this if need be.

I Crush All
08-20-2008, 04:02 AM
I'll look to be on the safe side but I just got done beating story on hard. Worth a look I guess.

EDIT:

I went to go work out and stuff but I'm back home now and can post that I looked at the difficulty and it was set on hard. I don't really get what the deal is. The OP said he just got it randomly by beating it over and over again which is strange. If anybody has any tips on things that might help please let me know. The only moves I do are directionals and the difficulty is set on hard. The only thing I have left to think is something to do with the environment.

Maybe you aren't supposed to damage everything on a level?
Maybe you aren't supposed to get damaged by stuff on a level?
Maybe you aren't supposed to use your opponent to damage stuff on a level?

I don't know... this just doesn't make any sense.

Here is what I did. I used Sean Paul and fought against Paul Wall. I beat him a couple times and did not recieve the achievement. I fought him in the Penthouse BTW. However when I did not get the achievement I realized it must have been when doing the directional attacks I must have inadvertantly went up and it told the computer that I tried to use a hold. I never landed a hold, but I figured it was either that or I hit the"Y" button by accident when I was down on the ground.

anyway, I broke the fireplace and hit him in to the fire 4 times and I won. What I found that was very effective is that I alternated each move. I would do a semi circle that made him do a reverse round house and then I would follow that by tapping down down to do a front kick. If I mixed those two up never repeating the same thing I found ti was easy because they rearely got blocked. Also I focused on where his feet were. Once I figured out by looking at his feet when to start my attack it was veyr veyr simple. Al total even with the times I beat him and did not get an achievement it took be about 45 minutes to complete. The reversals actually took me longer until I figured out I needed to use a different character, which for that I used Troy Dollar after beating the game.

I heard using Troy Dollar works best in directional attacks too, but I did that achievement before I ever played the game.

tadpeters
08-20-2008, 06:57 PM
So you just kept doing the same thing over and over and finally it unlocked?

I Crush All
08-21-2008, 01:40 AM
So you just kept doing the same thing over and over and finally it unlocked?

Yes I got pretty disgusted when I beat it twice on Hard mode and no achievement unlocked. The I made sure I concentrated on making sure I did not screw up when I did a semi circle. I really think many people that beat it but do not get an achievement this is where they may make the misstake. I have read it does not matter as long as you do not land the hold/grab. But I do not believe this to be true after what I went through. The other thing is make sure there is no chance you hit any buttons at all. I think that might be a common accident as well and as soon as you barely glance a button it registered it as an attempt and nullifies the achievement.

BTW. I did the reversals with Troy Dollar in the Executive suit. So many say do it in the Penthouse, but it is so difficult to figure out when the window of opportunity is open to throw them through. You have to wait on the bass and then you only have a short period of time to throw them through the window once the bass hits. I found it easier to just reverse the grab and throw them down the elevator.

You might try that as well with the directionals and kick them into the elevator shaft when it opens. I know it would work because I would get kicked in there all the time while trying to do the reversals.

tadpeters
08-22-2008, 07:30 AM
I finally got it. Instead of wagging my right stick around crazily hoping to land as many moves as possible, I slowed it down a bit and played a bit more patiently than before. You'll notice a brief lag when your guy is posing if the achievement is gonna pop.

I used Dr. Chang and beat Stan at Troy Dollar's place for anyone wondering.

I Crush All
08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
I finally got it. Instead of wagging my right stick around crazily hoping to land as many moves as possible, I slowed it down a bit and played a bit more patiently than before. You'll notice a brief lag when your guy is posing if the achievement is gonna pop.

I used Dr. Chang and beat Stan at Troy Dollar's place for anyone wondering.

Congrats,,,and yes you have to be patient. I did the same thing like you and circled my right stick without much care before I realized I might be sending wrong signals to the computer and screwing up the achievement. Patience is definitely the key.

JaMeZiZbAcK
08-22-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm confused, I have no idea what I'm doing. >_>

I Crush All
08-24-2008, 03:24 AM
I'm confused, I have no idea what I'm doing. >_>
Very very simple..make sure you have you fingers nowhere near the buttons. that is the most common Cardinal sin. Now practice doing semi circles with the analog stick and tapping down down. Those are two different moves that work. If you are not sure what I mean on how to do those, look in the book. It shows both moves on the directional page.

Then once you have them down, make sure you play in a room that has good hazards. Most people prefer the Penthouse and a close second is the executive suite if you are good at kicking him down in to the elevator.

Infection Ftw
02-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Got it within 20 minutes:) Tried tadpeters way with the guide. I used Dr. Chang against Stan but at the Penthouse and after a lot of kicking while avoiding the enviromental damage I kicked him near the Fireplace, the glass broke and finished him.:) Only the online wins to go boosting those girlfriends and the annoying complete on Hard.