PDA

View Full Version : How does the game of year edition work?

Ultimate N C B
03-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Im getting the Game of the year edition soon as it works out cheaper than buying all the dlc's for 400Msp.

Just wondering how it works tho, Does it come on a Seprate Disc like Oblivion? And if i was to take it over a friends house would i be able to Use the disc on there xbox So they can get the DLC Also and i would still have the DLC?

Evo monkey 247
03-26-2010, 05:17 PM
There are two disks:

One is the game disk (No difference than the original disk on the regular Fallout 3)

The other is the DLC disk. You put that in an check the ones you want and hey presto! You have the DLC.

As for your second question: Yes! You can let a friend have the DLC disk to download them and then play the game on their normal FO3 disk. I did this ;)

Pogo27
03-27-2010, 11:08 PM
You can do the same with the individual discs that came out with the DLC content as well (there were two separate releases, one disc had the first three DLCs, the other had the 4th and 5th).

Interestingly enough, at Gamestop you can get the GOTY as well as the two DLC release discs USED. Gamestop has a 7-day no-questions-asked return policy on all of their used items.

If you have the original Fallout 3 disc, keep that, and go buy used copies, install the DLC to your hard drive, then the next day just take it back to Gamestop and get your money back.

Myself, I 1000ed Fallout 3 before the DLC was released. I sold it back to Gamestop, however a couple days ago I went to buy the Game of the Year edition, which I'll be keeping, because of how much I love this game.