PDA

View Full Version : Interesting find/Demolition man

doylepaul
03-26-2010, 05:54 PM
I was playing Rush mode on Nelson Bay, and was on the far right of the map (attackers) near the icy water. A sniper shot me (but didn't kill me), so I backed off to avoid being killed and fell into the water. Here's the interesting bit, I noticed that the guy who shot me got a demolition 2.0 kill on me. Just wondering if this was pure luck or another way to get it. Has this happened to anyone else? Would like to test this out with someone if possible as this achievement is getting on my nerves. I can't promise it will work but worth a try. GT Paul Doyle

iBlessing 09
03-26-2010, 06:16 PM
I'll add you, want to try it now?

Anyway, reply in PM.

The Carrot Cake Kid
03-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Post the results regardless of the outcome please.

XXPh3n0m3n4LXX
03-26-2010, 06:24 PM
I was playing Rush mode on Nelson Bay, and was on the far right of the map (attackers) near the icy water. A sniper shot me (but didn't kill me), so I backed off to avoid being killed and fell into the water. Here's the interesting bit, I noticed that the guy who shot me got a demolition 2.0 kill on me. Just wondering if this was pure luck or another way to get it. Has this happened to anyone else? Would like to test this out with someone if possible as this achievement is getting on my nerves. I can't promise it will work but worth a try. GT Paul Doyle

So you didn't die at all and he still got the demo 2.0 kill?

iBlessing 09
03-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Post the results regardless of the outcome please.
I will, just about to do it, waiting for reply.

Poppygalaxy
03-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Bookmark!.

Hope this works, :confused:

cornishpixie88
03-26-2010, 08:52 PM
This happened to me as well the other day, a sniper grazed me, I stepped left and fell off the cliff and he got a destruction kill on me. It was on Nelson Bay on the left hand side as your are attacking to the third base B.

:confused:

doylepaul
03-26-2010, 09:23 PM
I died as I hit the water so perhaps as the enemy wounded me that's why he got the kill. I will try this tonight and post result regardless of it working or not

TalTsinth
03-26-2010, 09:29 PM
We need to get some peeps to confirm this. Would be another way to get an awfuly designed achivement out the way.

DollarBill04
03-26-2010, 09:44 PM
for the love of god, i hope this works...

yuross
03-27-2010, 06:15 AM
Does anyone have any words on this at all?? would like to here the results of people that have tried it

Claaaes
03-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Not that its relevant to any of this but last night i was playing with another dude, i was the pilot in that chopper with MG's on the sides and he was one of the gunners. On the last base on Valparaiso i was flying far out on the right and suddenly we just exploded and the gunner i was playing with got a Destruction 2.0 teamkill on me :p

JJ UK
03-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Can confirm this - Was shot and I then proceeded to fall off of the cliff into the water like a fool and when I hit the water the person who shot me was awarded a Destruction 2.0 Kill

Just to clear it up YES you die and NO buildings are involved - it seemed as long as i was still just damaged from the bullet my suicide gave the a 2.0

and to the post above me, yes 2 of my Destruction 2.0 kills are from crashing a helicopter into cliffsides haha

iBlessing 09
03-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Me and doylepaul tested it last night and I shot him and he fell off the cliff and it was a suicide, we tried it again and it was a suicide again. Then I fell off the cliff, when he was ruining back, and he got a destruction 2.0 kill.

So we tried doing that again but it counted as a suicide for me, we tried shooting eachover then both committing suicide and it was still counted as a suicide. We tried from a certain distace, a certain height from the water, a certain amount of shots, where we landed and diffrent guns but none of them work.

It worked once when I commited suicde and we reconstructed exactly what we done the first time and it didn't work, it seems this is completely random and must be a glitch that is hard to get. So I'd have to say this doesn't work.

xPaRaPhOiAx
03-27-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm willing to boost this with anyone who wants to.. We can fully confirm this or see if its just luck. Blessing maybe its because you suicided to late, and were already healed by the time you died, hence the suicide.

GT: xPaRaPhOiAx

I'm usually on all day, especially during the weeks.

JJ UK
03-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Me and doylepaul tested it last night and I shot him and he fell off the cliff and it was a suicide, we tried it again and it was a suicide again. Then I fell off the cliff, when he was ruining back, and he got a destruction 2.0 kill.

So we tried doing that again but it counted as a suicide for me, we tried shooting eachover then both committing suicide and it was still counted as a suicide. We tried from a certain distace, a certain height from the water, a certain amount of shots and diffrent guns but none of them work.

It worked once when I commited suicde and we reconstructed exactly what we done the first time and it didn't work, it seems this is completely random and must be a glitch that is hard to get. So I'd have to say this doesn't work.

I'm guessing as this is a glitch and obviously not meant to be in the game there are going to be some problems recreating it however I got 2 Destruction 2.0 kills on me after having small firefights and then jumping off the cliff (well just walking off to be exact)

iBlessing 09
03-27-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm guessing as this is a glitch and obviously not meant to be in the game there are going to be some problems recreating it however I got 2 Destruction 2.0 kills on me after having small firefights and then jumping off the cliff (well just walking off to be exact)
That's what happened to doylpaul and that's what we have been trying to redo.

JJ UK
03-27-2010, 01:32 PM
That's what happened to doylpaul and that's what we have been trying to redo.

The only things that I can think may factor into this is perhaps the amount of damage you have taken, whether you take any damage on the way down and where you land , for me I don't think I even came anywhere near the water, i landed more or so on the cliffside and then died.

iBlessing 09
03-27-2010, 01:33 PM
The only things that I can think may factor into this is perhaps the amount of damage you have taken, whether you take any damage on the way down and where you land , for me I don't think I even came anywhere near the water, i landed more or so on the cliffside and then died.
I've tried all of that, posted everything we tried in the post above.

We tried from a certain distace, a certain height from the water, a certain amount of shots, where we landed and diffrent guns but none of them work.

JJ UK
03-27-2010, 02:16 PM
I've tried all of that, posted everything we tried in the post above.

were their other people in the game? I've seen that causing destruction 2.0 kills to be registered as suicide

iBlessing 09
03-27-2010, 02:26 PM
were their other people in the game? I've seen that causing destruction 2.0 kills to be registered as suicide
Yes, there was at least 9 people each team.

JJ UK
03-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Yes, there was at least 9 people each team.

Damn I'm running out of ideas, maybe only one per match? could be random... I'll have to try it again when I get back on Nelson Bay - I HAVE got this working at least two times now

iBlessing 09
03-27-2010, 02:32 PM
maybe only one per match? could be random.
Tried it in several game :p

AoT
03-27-2010, 04:16 PM
this has happened to me on white pass in conquest mode i spawned on a squad member who was by the UAV and i slipped of the edge because i spawned so close to it and some guy on the other team got a Demo 2.0 on me =/

doylepaul
03-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Ok I can confirm that this achievement is glitched. Tried to get it by the suicide method, didn't work. However I joined a game using two profiles, with my first profile I shot the second one (not killing him) and jumped into water (still second profile). It counted as a suicide. So with the first profile I jumped into the water as soon as profile 2 died. I received a demolition 2.0 kill. So I rinsed and repeated but for some reason could only get three more kills as the rest counted as suicide. Then I started to play legit and during the game I received a completly random demo kill for doing nothing. This achievement as far as I'm concerned is glitched and so random. And I only need three more! Hope this helps and good luck to all.

jodaw
03-27-2010, 10:42 PM
why dont you lot just boost it on squad rush to get the cheevo its very easy to get. surely you lot can make a team of 4v4

dae giovanni
03-27-2010, 11:00 PM
why dont you lot just boost it on squad rush to get the cheevo its very easy to get. surely you lot can make a team of 4v4

this. i understand glitch hunting just for the sake of glitch hunting... but if you're primarily interested in the achievement, finding/joining a boost thread has gotta be way easier.

EscapedTheFate
03-28-2010, 12:27 AM
We need to get some peeps to confirm this. Would be another way to get an awfuly designed achivement out the way.

I dont mean to join and make enemies right away but come on seriously ? everyone is a bunch of achievement whores -- although i can be one i dont cheat or boost for them -- whats the point ? a little number next to your name ?

achievements are just that . . . . ACHIEVEMENTS -- the point being that you can brag to friends about what you have that they cant get . . . not what you spent your time getting the way youre NOT supposed to . . .

this is a PERFECTLY designed achievement -- i love the game but left for dead with lighting what like 100 zombies on fire -- WAAYYY to easy and not an "achievement" by any means . . .this one is unique, takes time and skill

i understand the desire to 1000 your games -- im the same way, but if you dont get it then so what ? its like people who glitch or hack to get a 50 in halo, a 70 10th prestige in COD -- whats the point of having something that shows your skill, when you didnt use your skill to get there ?

again i dont mean to make enemies and all that but ive been reading these forums for far too long for me to keep this inside still . . .

o YippeeKiYay o
03-28-2010, 12:39 AM
This achievement is a pain in the ass. But i finally got it last night.
My advice is keep searching for Nelson Bay on rush. If you manage to join at the start of the game and you are defending just plant C4 around the bottom of B (make sure you have the explosive perk. the one that gives you extra ammo) throw a motion mine and wait for the red arrows to show up and once they have armed B then blow it up. Last night i got 5 destruction kills by doing this.

Here is a link to keep track of your progress (not sure if it has been posted anywhere else http://bfbc2.elxx.net/

JJ UK
03-28-2010, 03:07 AM
I dont mean to join and make enemies right away but come on seriously ? everyone is a bunch of achievement whores -- although i can be one i dont cheat or boost for them -- whats the point ? a little number next to your name ?

achievements are just that . . . . ACHIEVEMENTS -- the point being that you can brag to friends about what you have that they cant get . . . not what you spent your time getting the way youre NOT supposed to . . .

this is a PERFECTLY designed achievement -- i love the game but left for dead with lighting what like 100 zombies on fire -- WAAYYY to easy and not an "achievement" by any means . . .this one is unique, takes time and skill

i understand the desire to 1000 your games -- im the same way, but if you dont get it then so what ? its like people who glitch or hack to get a 50 in halo, a 70 10th prestige in COD -- whats the point of having something that shows your skill, when you didnt use your skill to get there ?

again i dont mean to make enemies and all that but ive been reading these forums for far too long for me to keep this inside still . . .

Did you really just sign up to post that on a website which is specifically aimed at getting achievements as quickly and easily as possible?

xD12xSTicKNasTY
03-28-2010, 03:56 AM
I was thinking the same thing JJ

EscapedTheFate
03-28-2010, 04:27 AM
good point -- but this is a guide -- how to's -- not necessarily boosting website . . . whatever

PrinceofDeath86
03-28-2010, 06:05 AM
its like people who glitch or hack to get a 70 10th prestige in COD -- whats the point of having something that shows your skill, when you didnt use your skill to get there ?
It doesnt take ANY skill to make it to lvl70 10th prestige in COD, it just takes days and days of play time.

SatNiteEduardo
03-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Why do people still feel the need to boost this achievement. Mortar strike obj buildings and buildings around them.

iBlessing 09
03-28-2010, 09:39 AM
this. i understand glitch hunting just for the sake of glitch hunting... but if you're primarily interested in the achievement, finding/joining a boost thread has gotta be way easier.
I tried doing this because somebody asked if I could try it for them, I've got the achievement anyway and I was only doing it to help somebody else.

FACEHAMMER
03-28-2010, 10:41 AM
I'd love to try this out if anyones up for it add me. GT: CORPSE FLOOD

F Swan
03-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Just play white pass on deathmatch, using a mixture of c4, mortars and the tank you'll get 20 eventually. How I got mine.

stevie vip 99
03-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Just play white pass on deathmatch, using a mixture of c4, mortars and the tank you'll get 20 eventually. How I got mine.

Same as me, mortars and tanks, no c4 as i couldn't get on with it. Got a few kills on other levels but this was the best as there are several key buildings used all the time on this level that come down pretty easily

Ted2751
03-28-2010, 02:29 PM
I agree with JJ UK, why sign up if you're not an achievement hunter, or not even interested in achievements.

I hope the Achievement works though, i really cant get it normally.

F Swan
03-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Same as me, mortars and tanks, no c4 as i couldn't get on with it. Got a few kills on other levels but this was the best as there are several key buildings used all the time on this level that come down pretty easily

Yeah I got one or 2 on that desert level with the old boats on, again using tanks though.
I'm from Birmingham too lol :)

BillyD53
03-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Did you really just sign up to post that on a website which is specifically aimed at getting achievements as quickly and easily as possible?

I agree with that guy. This is a good site for finding out info about the achievments but it doesn't mean you have to be downright pathetic. You spend your $60 and you are gauranteed to get your game for that price. You aren't gauranteed a quick and dirty 1000/1000 gamer points. Too much bitching about "I can't get this fast enough". It's called and achievment not a freebie.

doylepaul
03-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Why are so many people bitching and moaning? If you're not an achievement hunter don't waste your time using this site. I'm trying to help others out by posting ways to get achievements quick and easy, afterall isn't this what the site is for. Last time I'll ever use this site, full of moaners!

dae giovanni
03-28-2010, 04:46 PM
I tried doing this because somebody asked if I could try it for them, I've got the achievement anyway and I was only doing it to help somebody else.

well, there is that...:)

Muckrak3r
03-28-2010, 05:27 PM
I understand this site is all about getting achievements as quickly as possible, and this is the first post like this on here I have ever made....

Doing this achievement legit doesn't take very long really. If you are just playing the game and then happen to come across a building with a few guys camped up in the attic, C4 the basement and enjoy the kills.

I got 4 demo 2.0 kills with a mortar strike once, several demo 2.0 kills from guys standing outside a building I demolished, and several demo 2.0 kills from me lacing a crate building (on rush) with C4 and waiting for enemies to come in and arm the crate.

On defense, with a crate on the 2nd floor, those are by far the EASIEST demo 2.0 kills you can get. Spawn as Assault so you can re-up your C4. Right when it starts toss a couple C4's and blow them to get the building started. Then re-up on C4 and put 6 all around the rest of the basement walls. Make sure you don't throw them up near the ceiling, as it will almost always get a C4 kill instead.

Now wait for them to arm the crate. If there are no holes blown in the walls upstairs, you are guaranteed to get demo 2.0 kills. Sure it's a cheap way to do it, and it's not helping your team. I killed maybe 5 team crates over time doing this. No biggie.

lufcsmithy1984
03-28-2010, 06:36 PM
You can kill team mates and it still counts towards the achievement , I had 6 demo kills and i was playing team deathmatch on white pass and blew a house with a team mate inside and i got a demo kill , went to check my stats online and had 7 kills. Guna try again cos i know i had 6 kills and after that i had 7.

pined5551
03-28-2010, 06:46 PM
It really would have been sweet to have this as a glitch. I think i have 3-4 legit demo2.0 kills out of 2500ish, lol.

Muckrak3r
03-28-2010, 11:05 PM
You can kill team mates and it still counts towards the achievement , I had 6 demo kills and i was playing team deathmatch on white pass and blew a house with a team mate inside and i got a demo kill , went to check my stats online and had 7 kills. Guna try again cos i know i had 6 kills and after that i had 7.

where do you check your demo 2.0 kill stats? I can't find it.

F Swan
03-28-2010, 11:13 PM
where do you check your demo 2.0 kill stats? I can't find it.

http://bfbc2.elxx.net/

Go to achievements.

And none of my team kill demo 2.0's were counted towards my achievement either as I had around 3-4 in total, I also read it unlocks at 16 ish, for me it was spot on 20.

EscapedTheFate
03-29-2010, 01:06 AM
You spend your $60 and you are gauranteed to get your game for that price. You aren't gauranteed a quick and dirty 1000/1000 gamer points. Too much bitching about "I can't get this fast enough". It's called and achievment not a freebie.

. . . thank you . . . achievements are also a way of prolonging play on a game -- youll keep playing a game if theres an achievement you really really want -- meaning youll keep playing their game instead of switching over to the next one asap.

like he said ^^ if youre paying for it whats the point in trying to move on as fast as you can ?

and like i said before, this website is good for guides or helping on questions -- but shouldnt be used for boosting -- dont say im not an "achievement hunter" or whatever since my GS is 53,073 . . .

wcreject
03-29-2010, 03:40 AM
if anyone wants to boost this add me gt wcreject

DENAz666
03-29-2010, 04:58 AM
I did mine the long way, just tubed building with enemies in, and hoped they didn't bail out as it was falling. Took a while, but got it in the end.

Just try and be ninja about it, sneak in behind enemy lines, and go to work. Nelson bay is probably where i got most of my kills, from the first 3 destructable objectives

iBlessing 09
03-29-2010, 06:37 AM
I did mine the long way, just tubed building with enemies in, and hoped they didn't bail out as it was falling. Took a while, but got it in the end.

Just try and be ninja about it, sneak in behind enemy lines, and go to work. Nelson bay is probably where i got most of my kills, from the first 3 destructable objectives
I have to say congratulations for getting this legitimately.

DENAz666
03-29-2010, 06:41 AM
I have to say congratulations for getting this legitimately.

To be honest, its just one of those games i really enjoy, so didn't feel the need to boost for it.

LOL it was funny, i had 18 demo kills for so long, the last two seemed to take forever!

stevie vip 99
03-29-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm from Birmingham too lol :)

Cool :woop:

iBlessing 09
03-29-2010, 02:16 PM

To be honest, its just one of those games i really enjoy, so didn't feel the need to boost for it.

LOL it was funny, i had 18 demo kills for so long, the last two seemed to take forever!
I can understand your pain, Seriously 2.0 *sigh* I gave up.

jodaw
03-29-2010, 08:41 PM

i really couldnt have put it better myself. THIS IS A CHEEVO SITE

Der Nacho
03-30-2010, 01:28 AM
. . . thank you . . . achievements are also a way of prolonging play on a game -- youll keep playing a game if theres an achievement you really really want -- meaning youll keep playing their game instead of switching over to the next one asap.

like he said ^^ if youre paying for it whats the point in trying to move on as fast as you can ?

and like i said before, this website is good for guides or helping on questions -- but shouldnt be used for boosting -- dont say im not an "achievement hunter" or whatever since my GS is 53,073 . . .

Why do you care? If you wanna get the achievments legitimately, good for you. But what other people do with the game, as long as it's not effecting other peoples experience, is not for you lay judgement on. You say they're pathetic, but you're a prick. Get over yourself.

I know you're new to these forums, but every game forum has a boosting thread. It's a Achievement tips, strategies, and boosting website. I think you're lost.

EscapedTheFate
03-30-2010, 02:46 AM
You say they're pathetic, but you're a prick. Get over yourself.

. . . yeah i never said that -- and wasnt doing it in much of a demeaning manor seeing as i said i wasnt here to make enemies or anything . . . soooooo yeah. i just replied with my opinion when someone said this was an awfullly designed acheivement

OJR
03-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Why do you care? If you wanna get the achievments legitimately, good for you. But what other people do with the game, as long as it's not effecting other peoples experience, is not for you lay judgement on.

I know you're new to these forums, but every game forum has a boosting thread. It's a Achievement tips, strategies, and boosting website. I think you're lost.
+1. Well said.
You say they're pathetic, but you're a prick. Get over yourself.-1. Completely unneccessary comment, and in complete contrast to the rest of your very eloquent post. Shame... :(

Dark Knight X85
03-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Lets not turn this into another pointless discussion that occurs through too many threads about what is the right way to attain certain achievements. The threads are titled, if you don't like what you are going to read, don't read them. Also why have a go at people who choose to boost or better still discuss alternative ways to get them? If i pay for a game i will do whatever i want with it, and i don't care for your high and mighty, 'i got it legit so i'm better than you' mentality.

On a side note i have gotten 99% of my score legit, but you can be sure i'm going to boost the shit out of this achievement. I have over 3000 kills and have tried multiple 'legit' methods with no success. If you don't like the point of the website please go elsewhere, there are plenty of other websites that cater for straight down the line gamers.

BOOSTER_2010
03-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Lets not turn this into another pointless discussion that occurs through too many threads about what is the right way to attain certain achievements. The threads are titled, if you don't like what you are going to read, don't read them. Also why have a go at people who choose to boost or better still discuss alternative ways to get them? If i pay for a game i will do whatever i want with it, and i don't care for your high and mighty, 'i got it legit so i'm better than you' mentality.

On a side note i have gotten 99% of my score legit, but you can be sure i'm going to boost the shit out of this achievement. I have over 3000 kills and have tried multiple 'legit' methods with no success. If you don't like the point of the website please go elsewhere, there are plenty of other websites that cater for straight down the line gamers.

I agree with you, who cares if Achievements are boosted or not? why would that bother you?

My method guy's for the Destruction Achievement was quick and easy, all i did was load up Nelson Bay (make sure your on the Attacking team in Rush mode) and literally just keep dropping morters on the first two M-COM buildings, most of the opposition team sit in them houses the majority of the time.

I found this method surprisingly quite fun :woop:

iBlessing 09
03-30-2010, 04:53 PM
I agree with you, who cares if Achievements are boosted or not? why would that bother you?
Some people get annoyed if you 'cheated' your GS higher than theres, although I am like you :P

JesusBread
03-30-2010, 05:42 PM

It does take time, but not skill. Knocking down a house takes no skill. Most of the time, it's just luck. You have to get lucky and hope none of your teammates hit the house with a 40MMGL and knocks it down before you get the last hit and you have to hope the person inside is an idiot. I know if I hear a house going down, I'll run out of there as soon as possible.

I have 6 Demo 2.0 kills right now. All of them have been gotten through me knocking things down with the UAV/40MMGL. I think only one was from a 40MMGL and 5 were from the UAV. I plan on getting this achievement the proper way and actually playing the game. The only problem is people knocking down the buildings when I'm doing it. I've had a teammate get 4 Demo 2.0 kills by taking my building while I was waiting for my UAV shot to come back =(.

CommonlyNasty
03-30-2010, 08:37 PM
i think every1 has totally lost the point of this thread, it was meant 2 b about a way to glitch an achievement, but all evry1 seems to b doin now is bitchin and moanin......my dicks bigger than urs.....my dads harder than urs........WHO CARES! just stick to the point of the thread, if not jog on!!!

Der Nacho
03-30-2010, 10:18 PM
-1. Completely unneccessary comment, and in complete contrast to the rest of your very eloquent post. Shame... :(

I agree completely. I overreacted a lot.

Muckrak3r
03-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Now that I am done with the achievement, I am getting these demo 2.0 kills like crazy!

Had 5 in one match today. One dude ran into a building I destroyed on Attack on Rush right before it went down. Where were retards like that when I was trying for the achievement? lol

EscapedTheFate
03-30-2010, 10:38 PM
It does take time, but not skill. Knocking down a house takes no skill. Most of the time, it's just luck. You have to get lucky and hope none of your teammates hit the house with a 40MMGL and knocks it down before you get the last hit

i dont know . . . personally i would say that planning, timing, and executing are skills, (not to mention to stay alive during the whole thing) but thats just me . . . and yeah ive had plenty of house taken down by my teammates when i have one wall left to blow up -- damn people

LethalEdge
03-31-2010, 05:29 PM

My method guy's for the Destruction Achievement was quick and easy, all i did was load up Nelson Bay (make sure your on the Attacking team in Rush mode) and literally just keep dropping morters on the first two M-COM buildings, most of the opposition team sit in them houses the majority of the time.

I found this method surprisingly quite fun :woop:

^ Yeah, I did the same. Either used the UAV or if it was taken, the Mortar strike. Is pretty easy to get Demo 2.0 kills on Nelson Bay, managed to get 5 kills in one go at B at the first base. :D