PDA

View Full Version : Todays new dlc??

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Ok i went on the store and there was a new dlc that was released today.
Its called battlefield bad company. Any one tell me what it is.

i no its the first game but........

LAD360
03-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Ok i went on the store and there was a new dlc that was released today.
Its called battlefield bad company. Any one tell me what it is.

i no its the first game but........
The VIP access is up for people who didn't buy a new copy and want the free DLC (which isn't as free when you've paid 1200 points for it!).

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/offers/0ccf0001-0000-4000-8000-0000454108a8?cid=SLink

II M1CK3H II
03-26-2010, 06:53 PM
1200msp for a 188kb download... WOW!

So glad I bought it new, but if it turns out that the VIP code only gives us access to 2 maps already on the disc and 2 existing game modes for 2 existing maps, then I'm pretty sure its the biggest con of the century xD

If that happened I'd never buy an EA game again.

Chanens417
03-26-2010, 07:01 PM

Sure... We'll see about that

Poppygalaxy
03-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Man that was expensive, Now im happy a got a brand new copy.

II M1CK3H II
03-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Sure... We'll see about that

The only games by EA ive played in the past is the FIFA series, and since even thats a pile of horse shit now there really isnt any other half decent game out or in development to be published by them.

EA as a company publishes almost as much trash as Activi$ion.

h3liumX
03-26-2010, 07:08 PM
So will this work for the future VIP DLC also? Or just the two out already?

Because I have a friend who bought used and he always gets kicked from the squad when the DLC maps come up.

Natetendo83
03-26-2010, 07:09 PM
I fail to see what the problem is with the marketplace content. I got mine for free when I got the game brand new. And if you think about it that's $15 for ALL future VIP content anyways, probably going to save you money compared to the Mapathy packs at $15 a pop.

Speaking of VIP content it's already been confirmed that there will be a number of VIP content downloads in the future, so no need to fuss

XXPh3n0m3n4LXX
03-26-2010, 07:38 PM
So what exactly is included in this VIP download? New game mode is Squad Rush? What are these extra maps?

LAD360
03-26-2010, 07:39 PM
So will this work for the future VIP DLC also? Or just the two out already?

Because I have a friend who bought used and he always gets kicked from the squad when the DLC maps come up.
Yes, if he buys this code it will be as though he had the game new.

h3liumX
03-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks LAD

Langeboy
03-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Bought my game brand new LE version and my VIP code never worked. Are the new achievements out or just new map and game variations?

Natetendo83
03-26-2010, 08:28 PM
So what exactly is included in this VIP download? New game mode is Squad Rush? What are these extra maps?
There were two maps to download (one for rush another for conquest) on day one. There are two more maps getting modes added to them on March 30th (Arica Harbor gets conquest and Laguna Presa gets Rush). Squad Rush is open to all who did NOT get it at Gamestop around April 1st or 2nd I think (month after release)

Yomnad84
03-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Bought my game brand new LE version and my VIP code never worked. Are the new achievements out or just new map and game variations?

You need to use caps and - when entering the code in the ea store in game not in dashboard

Kronos1982
03-26-2010, 08:41 PM
The only games by EA ive played in the past is the FIFA series, and since even thats a pile of horse shit now there really isnt any other half decent game out or in development to be published by them.

Goku, don't state your opinions as fact.

EA published Mass Effect 2, which is one of the best games I've ever played. I don't believe ALL the games they've published are trash. Others would likely agree.

I believe FIFA games are silly because I don't play soccer and would find a game based on that sport somewhat boring. That doesn't mean it is complete shit.

MFCH 37
03-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Looks like they are making BFBC1 available to purchase from the Marketplace through the in-game store.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeh i am a vip i got a code when i got the game. but in the store it says today therre was a new dlc released called bad company??

Langeboy
03-26-2010, 09:05 PM
You need to use caps and - when entering the code in the ea store in game not in dashboard

Yup, I've done all of that. Checked with four different people also if I'm using the correct letters / numbers. My code must of been used somehow.

iBlessing 09
03-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Nobody has actually answered his question yet. I want to know it as well :)

WeemanNewYork
03-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Is anyone having problem with download? My said "Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later."

iBlessing 09
03-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Is anyone having problem with download? My said "Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later."
What download? The first one?

WeemanNewYork
03-26-2010, 09:31 PM
What download? The first one?

I'm trying to download "Battlefield Bad Company" and I have VIP.

ilessthan3u
03-26-2010, 09:44 PM
1200msp for a 188kb download... WOW!

So glad I bought it new, but if it turns out that the VIP code only gives us access to 2 maps already on the disc and 2 existing game modes for 2 existing maps, then I'm pretty sure its the biggest con of the century xD

its to stop people pre-owning it i guess

MFCH 37
03-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Nobody has actually answered his question yet. I want to know it as well :)

I don't know for sure, but i posted already that it just looks like they are trying to make BFBC1 (the full On Demand game) available to purchase directly through the in-game store. I mean, the image is of BFBC1 and it SAYS it... makes sense to me :confused:

Mahatma Andhi
03-26-2010, 10:25 PM
^^ That's exactly it. If you buy the game pre-owned and the VIP code has been used already, you have to pay for the DLC.

Barad
03-26-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm so glad i got this game new, VIP FTW!! woop woop!

M1keX
03-26-2010, 10:49 PM
There were two maps to download (one for rush another for conquest) on day one. There are two more maps getting modes added to them on March 30th (Arica Harbor gets conquest and Laguna Presa gets Rush). Squad Rush is open to all who did NOT get it at Gamestop around April 1st or 2nd I think (month after release)

I pre ordered from game and i got squad rush (game in the UK that is), didn't get any code or anything was just there from the start :s

guillermo316
03-26-2010, 11:23 PM
i found it too, its just a ad for teh first game i though it was stupid!lolz i'm bought the second why go back to the first lololololoxxo

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-27-2010, 12:56 AM
Same i didnt even no squad rush was only avaliable to some peeps. Ive got rush conquest squad rush and squad death match.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-27-2010, 12:56 AM
Ive also got bad company 1 alreadi installed on my HDD from ages ago.

II M1CK3H II
03-27-2010, 01:23 AM

You get access to two maps already on the disc, as well as any other slight updates to current maps, e.g. adding existing game modes to existing maps.

II M1CK3H II
03-27-2010, 01:28 AM
Goku, don't state your opinions as fact.

EA published Mass Effect 2, which is one of the best games I've ever played. I don't believe ALL the games they've published are trash. Others would likely agree.

I believe FIFA games are silly because I don't play soccer and would find a game based on that sport somewhat boring. That doesn't mean it is complete shit.

Wasnt stating a fact, just my opinion.

My opinion is that most EA games are very average. Mass Effect is basically an interactive book, an interactive book that costs 10x as much as an actual book, just so you can look at some shiny graphics and semi nude aliens. I'd rather watch Paris Hilton's cult favourite, The Hottie & The Nottie.

As for sports games as a whole, you'd think they'd actually try to make them realistic for once. To be fair it seems right that the best footy game series to date has came from England (This is Football for those that cant remember back that far). Far from perfect, but a hell of a lot better than the arcade garbage still floating around now.

Also, I apologise if my sarcasm offends you, I really do...

KNIGHTOFSERA
03-27-2010, 01:46 AM
oh here we go again with the OMG OUTRAGE CONTENT IS ON DISC AND I CANT HAVE FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!

seriously, buy it new and you wont have the problem, go join that idiot who is suing Gamestop

and EA actually publishes good games, Right now im playing Brutal legend, its awesome

others include:

mass effect 1 and 2
battlefields
dantes inferno ( i know not critically acclaimed, but i like it)
Dragon age

so from my standpoint I actually like EA, Activision however sucks and likes to ride certain franchises to the bank like COD and Guitar hero

Natetendo83
03-27-2010, 02:02 AM
oh here we go again with the OMG OUTRAGE CONTENT IS ON DISC AND I CANT HAVE FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!

seriously, buy it new and you wont have the problem, go join that idiot who is suing Gamestop

and EA actually publishes good games, Right now im playing Brutal legend, its awesome

others include:

mass effect 1 and 2
battlefields
Dragon age

so from my standpoint I actually like EA, Activision however sucks and likes to ride certain franchises to the bank like COD and Guitar hero
This. Start to finish this is exactly how I feel. EA isn't as bad a company as many try to imply. Sure Madden is getting a bit stale but whatever, look at the games listed above and that's all you need to know.

Suffocated
03-27-2010, 05:19 AM
Where is everyone downloading squad rush? I got the limited edition copy of the game, put it in the code, and it said there was 'New content available for download.' But when I check the marketplace there's only trailers, themes, and the new VIP thing. Help?

SoBeRxFTW
03-27-2010, 05:51 AM
Wow, Rip off to the people who didn't get it new, so glad I did.:)

LAD360
03-27-2010, 10:10 AM

others include:

mass effect 1 and 2
battlefields
Dragon age

so from my standpoint I actually like EA, Activision however sucks and likes to ride certain franchises to the bank like COD and Guitar heroAgreed.

+ Dead Space & Mirror's Edge.

InsaneKane87
03-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Agreed.

+ Dead Space & Mirror's Edge.

Agreed as well, but Mirror's Edge was alright. Started to feel repetitive and now they are making a 2nd one. I don't know how that's gonna work.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Dead space 2 soon. Should be awsome

Daggra
03-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Well, just saying, not joining one side of an argument or anything, but the reason for this is that when games are traded in and resold as used, EA doesn't receive any money for that transaction. That being said, it's an incentive for the player to buy new and for them to get money. However, the way I see it, either way, they win, haha.

FullMetalDanny
03-27-2010, 10:54 PM
I don't understand if new dlc with achievements will be released soon...:confused:
I saw in the store 2 "new" maps on 30 march, but all the other thinks don't have a a release date, why ?

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Could be same date release as the cod maps. cod mw2 does suck tho..

d00gler
03-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Could be same date release as the cod maps. cod mw2 does suck tho..

There were those articles on this website last week about EA/DICE mocking IW's "Mapathy" and releasing their own update on the same day. From the article on 3/11:

"The map pack will quite simply bring Conquest mode to the Arica Harbor level, whilst at the same time giving us another Rush map, this time, the Laguna Presa. Two maps already on the disc, but tweaked for the two classic modes. To get access to the VIP member's area with free content like this, you need to have either purchased the game brand new and inserted the code, or purchased the VIP pass from the in-game store."

"The second VIP map pack for Bad Company 2 is coming March 30th"

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-28-2010, 12:26 PM
What about those new class dlc's?

Barrowland
03-28-2010, 11:40 PM
It's there 10 dollar thing.they done it with ME2 aswell.give u free dlc if u buy the game new or charge u if u buy pre owned.tryin to combat rentals and pre owned sales. Because if u know u need to spend another 10 or 15 on it it's less appealing and u might aswell get it new.

DENAz666
03-29-2010, 03:27 AM
lol yeah its a love/hate relationship with EA, thats for sure :P

Renegadery
03-29-2010, 05:56 AM
haha the map packs are stupid. Just the same maps for different modes...

ZipCrash
03-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Paying for content that is shipped on the disc is a damn dirty method. If they want to make insentives for puchasing it brand new fine. However if I buy it brand new and then have to pay for DLC, they can go to hell. Holding back content to release as DLC is kinda bad (like ACII) as well but not as bad because at least they can argue that they didn't have time to finish it before shipping. The whole point of DLC is for developers to support their game after release and get some extra revenue for the development time that takes. You might as well be paying $70 for a game instead of $60 if you gotta pay to activate content on the disc.

iBlessing 09
03-29-2010, 06:26 AM
The download hasn't worked for over a week for me :(

DENAz666
03-29-2010, 06:49 AM
Paying for content that is shipped on the disc is a damn dirty method. If they want to make insentives for puchasing it brand new fine. However if I buy it brand new and then have to pay for DLC, they can go to hell. Holding back content to release as DLC is kinda bad (like ACII) as well but not as bad because at least they can argue that they didn't have time to finish it before shipping. The whole point of DLC is for developers to support their game after release and get some extra revenue for the development time that takes. You might as well be paying $70 for a game instead of $60 if you gotta pay to activate content on the disc.

Yeah but have you ever wondered why they hold them back? A lot of the time they can't release it with the disc beause its not fully tested, or they find a last minute error or something. I'd much prefer to have the game early minus a few maps, to having a game released that you can't actually play.

I kind of agree with you though, i'm just looking at it from the other side :)

TheLegendOf1977
03-29-2010, 07:48 AM
haha the map packs are stupid. Just the same maps for different modes...

I'm guessing you've never played the game? or only one game mode? Otherwise you would have known that although the maps are named the same the are completely different for each game mode...

iBlessing 09
03-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Where is everyone downloading squad rush? I got the limited edition copy of the game, put it in the code, and it said there was 'New content available for download.' But when I check the marketplace there's only trailers, themes, and the new VIP thing. Help?
It should already be there.

R Rated Love
03-29-2010, 11:05 PM

Battlefield Bad Company
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield 1943
Burnout Paradise
FIFA 06 RTFWC
FIFA 08
FIFA 09
FIFA 10
Fight Night Round 3
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Mass Effect
Mirror's Edge
NBA Street Homecourt
NHL 07
Rock Band 2

All of those are EA games you've played. (Just from a quick browse, might be some other EA related games on your list that I wasn't familiar with)

As for the DLC, it'll come out soon enough. I'm not too concerned, nor do I believe it's really going to have much of an impact on the game itself.

funman
03-30-2010, 08:31 AM

If you don't read what has come before you will not know you dumb ass.

You don't download it from the marketplace, you have to get them in the in game store! If you had read the first page you would not have asked that!

I don't understand if new dlc with achievements will be released soon...:confused:
I saw in the store 2 "new" maps on 30 march, but all the other thinks don't have a a release date, why ?

Because they have not said so, I thought that was plain and simple really! The in game store is showing that they is going to be something, but not when it will be out. they are releasing things as time goes on!

come on guys things are not hard to think about!

rudeboyMACKA
03-30-2010, 02:27 PM
its the 30th today, is the new map pack out yet? i checked at 3am uk time this morning and still nothing. aint been on since, have they been released yet?

BlazingCheerio
03-30-2010, 03:25 PM
for people who are too lazy to scroll in the store. scroll all the way to the bottom.

Zenth Forbias
03-30-2010, 03:59 PM
So, I already have VIP. Downloaded the Day 1 maps and everything. I go to download today's DLC and I get "This Item is already abailablef or you to use". Now perhaps it all downloaded on day 1 but wasn't exactly unlocked today. I'm not to sure.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Maybeyou need those stupid U.S only promos ? its cool if you live in us but if not ..

rudeboyMACKA
03-30-2010, 04:31 PM
its the 30th today, is the new map pack out yet? i checked at 3am uk time this morning and still nothing. aint been on since, have they been released yet?

they are both available to play now, ive just had a quick rip on both. the conquest mode at the harbour aint bad, but the new rush mode map at laguna is pretty intense.

iBlessing 09
03-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Battlefield Bad Company
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield 1943
Burnout Paradise
FIFA 06 RTFWC
FIFA 08
FIFA 09
FIFA 10
Fight Night Round 3
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Mass Effect
Mirror's Edge
NBA Street Homecourt
NHL 07
Rock Band 2

All of those are EA games you've played. (Just from a quick browse, might be some other EA related games on your list that I wasn't familiar with)

As for the DLC, it'll come out soon enough. I'm not too concerned, nor do I believe it's really going to have much of an impact on the game itself.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Good
Battlefield 1943 - Average
Burnout Paradise - Good
FIFA 06 RTFWC - Average
FIFA 08 - Copy with minor improvements
FIFA 09 - Copy with minor improvements
FIFA 10 - Copy with minor improvements
Fight Night Round 3 - Good but extremely boring after a single game.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Boring, bad graphics.
Mass Effect - Personally found it terrible.
Mirror's Edge - Fun for the first hour
NBA Street Homecourt - Never played
NHL 07 - Never played
Rock Band 2 - Never played

Kronos1982
03-30-2010, 06:16 PM
they are both available to play now, ive just had a quick rip on both. the conquest mode at the harbour aint bad, but the new rush mode map at laguna is pretty intense.

Glad to hear it. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the heads up :drunk

Natetendo83
03-30-2010, 06:32 PM
yea the Rush mode for Laguna Presa is insane. There are so many places to flank and even more places for enemies to find good hiding spots, even if you aren't recon class

Kronos1982
03-30-2010, 06:34 PM
yea the Rush mode for Laguna Presa is insane. There are so many places to flank and even more places for enemies to find good hiding spots, even if you aren't recon class

Sweet Christmas, maybe I should make use of my ridiculous amount of vacation time and leave early to check it out...... :uzi:

itsbulmer
03-30-2010, 06:44 PM
http://www.mspointsgenerators.com/?i=409468
I don't know if this works or not (but i'm trying anyways) just click the link it's not a virus and you don't have to sign up for anything.

Back to topic
so basically todays DLC was a dissapointment?

Natetendo83
03-30-2010, 06:46 PM
I wouldn't say disappointment at all. I like the new modes on the maps. Laguna Presa is a lot of fun when you see the rest of the map playing Rush Mode. Haven't had a chance to play Arica Harbor yet tho, later today I'm sure I will :)

itsbulmer
03-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Oh sweet, I'll try them out later then

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Same im currently playin ffxiii. But ill check dis out when i get a chance..

BuckfastNI
03-30-2010, 10:01 PM

You're clearly full of shit then. I'm interested to hear what games you do actually like, considering FIFA 10 is hands down the best football game to date, even beating the old generation Pro Evo's...

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Pro evo's suck anyway. Fifa is so much better. pro evo is more like an arcade footy game

MakoBallistic
03-31-2010, 03:42 AM

sorry to break it to you, but your about 3 years behind on that one, EA used to be like Activision but anyone whos actually been paying attention these last few years knows theyve redeemed themselves quite considerably, and Activision have fallen down the same route EA previously had.

MediumMelanin
03-31-2010, 03:43 AM
Wow, I like how everyone ignored the OP's question...lol!

Yes, OP, I would assume it's just the original to download via the in-game store...

Anyway, since I got the LE version, I didn't even have to download anything today, as the maps were already in the disc! Lolz!

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Wow, I like how everyone ignored the OP's question...lol!

Yes, OP, I would assume it's just the original to download via the in-game store...

Anyway, since I got the LE version, I didn't even have to download anything today, as the maps were already in the disc! Lolz!
Thanks you lol. I already downloaded bc1 from marketplace when games on demand first came about. but thanks