PDA

View Full Version : Eye opening new xboxer

Boothferry Legend
03-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Im new to the xbox 360 world (shame on me i know) and Call of duty 4 modern warfare was the first game i've bought, its got to be a known but this game has blown me away, man i was used to Perfect dark and Goldeneye on the N64 and to go from that to COD4 well you'll agree its been an eye opener!
Just recently bought a 360 so i'm new registered on here, please be gentle :rock

veece16
03-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Congrats on getting a 360, you'll be very happy with all the new things Microsoft has added over the last few years, like Facebook, and Zune. Just a heads up, don't get Modern Warfare 2 or Gears of War 2 until you've played for a couple monthes. You don't want to break you're new controller.

Boothferry Legend
03-26-2010, 09:09 PM
A mate has both them games and i've got them on my to buy list.

veece16
03-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Be prepared to throw your controller across the room, they are the worse games out right now.

Boothferry Legend
03-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Be prepared to throw your controller across the room, they are the worse games out right now.

That must be tongue in cheek! whats good out there??

veece16
03-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Dante's Inferno are spectacular games, they're a lot better than MW2. (Mods and glichwise anyway.)

Volzagia
03-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Welcome dude and congrats on your purchase :drunk

Boothferry Legend
03-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Welcome dude and congrats on your purchase :drunk

Thanks dude :p them two games i think i'll have a nosey now on youtube

OMGLOL1111
03-27-2010, 05:13 AM

Not sharing your opinion

gears 2 was lots of hours of fun and Modern Warfare 2 was a quick easy 1000 and great game

i recommend both

KNIGHTOFSERA
03-27-2010, 05:16 AM
yeah i agree MW2 and gears 2 have their moments that piss you off, but they are still good

yes BC2 is better than MW2, but Ive always thought both COD4 and MW2 are overrated, but lets not get into that

welcome to the world of 360 and modern gaming

Boothferry Legend
03-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks mate, i'm gonna but BC, MW2 and gears of war 1+2

Stewie Griffin2
03-28-2010, 02:11 AM
Just a quick note. MW2 and Gears 2 are both fun games to play through the campaign and Spec Ops/Hoard modes, respectively. The MP on Gears 2 is extremely laggy for everyone but the host, and unless you really put some time in to get used to playing a 3rd person shooter, then prepare to be disappointed by the online gameplay. MW2 is not the best FPS ever, and I'll admit I had more fun playing WaW online than I do MW2, and would have probably gone back to that if more of my friends still played it. BUT, it is still a fun game for a lot of people (including myself). If you need proof of that, just look and see that there are hundreds of thousands of people that are on every day.

Other games I can suggest would be Assassin's Creed II (and the first AC for that matter, it is a bit repetative but it's still a great game). And I would be remiss if I failed to strongly suggest Oblivion. This is still one of the best games on this platform, and it's 4 years old. You'll have to put some serious time in, and it takes a while to get used to all the ins and outs of that game, but any questions you have can be answered by the users of this site on that game's forum.

Aside from those 3 games, any Call of Duty game with the exception of CoD3 is a fun campaign. Once you figure out what genre of games you enjoy, you'll be able to get a better feel for what you'll enjoy.

Welcome to the community.

Edit: Forgot to mention Halo 3. The online is pretty much a fanboy community, but the campaign is a lot of fun to play through with friends if you can find some that still play it.

veece16
03-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Not sharing your opinion

gears 2 was lots of hours of fun and Modern Warfare 2 was a quick easy 1000 and great game

i recommend both

Now that I've 1000ed MW and got my wings on Gears, I could care less about the games. At one point I loved both.

Boothferry Legend
03-28-2010, 11:38 PM
What is the best shooter for multiplayer??

oDrPepper
03-29-2010, 12:18 AM

At the moment I'd say it's BC2, but others would argue its MW2. I thought MW2 was a big dissapointment but millions of people still play it, although I'd warn you that people hack and glitch at any given opportunity, whilst on other games that's unheard of.

K05ch3i
03-29-2010, 01:48 AM
Congrats on your fine purchase!

A little heads up tho...you'll always see bitching about MW2 & BC2...flas this and flaw that...but i'd love to see a game that is totally flawless.

Personally i like MW2, but that's just me but you won't see me bitching :)

Oh and i hope you stay up this season!

Portsmouth (obviously!), Burnley and West Ham for the drop!

Stewie Griffin2
03-29-2010, 04:39 PM

That's completely your preference. First off, do you want a first person shooter or a third person shooter? I usually play MW2, just because that's what the majority of my friends play. I can't say how BC2 is because I haven't played it, and I haven't played it because I didn't much care for the first BC or Battlefield 1943 (same type of gameplay as BC). Those are the two big ones out there right now, followed by probably CoD4 and Halo 3 (as I said before, there is always going to be a fanboy community for Halo 3 and people that will play it religiously). Some people even play some of the lower profile games online, like Quantum of Solace, when they're first released and have a great time with them for a few weeks to a month before moving on to another title.

For third person shooters, there's a lot less options. You're pretty much stuck with Gears 2 or Army of TWO: The 40th Day. But in my opinion no third person is very good online, especially Gears with the horrendous lag.

Boothferry Legend
03-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Looking for a multiplayer like COD, thanks all for your advice, and yes i hope its Burnley, Portsmouth and.. erm i reckon either West Ham or i fancy between Bolton or Wolves still, up the Tigers!

McKenzie
04-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Did you get an elite?