PDA

View Full Version : Sniping

I MaStiNoX I
03-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Do any of the sniper rifles allow for one shot kills without a headshot? I'm up to the third rifle and it seems you can only get a one shot kill if it's to the head. Are there any perks/attachments that improve the odds?

Any ideas and/or tips? Thanks..

SatNiteEduardo
03-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Do any of the sniper rifles allow for one shot kills without a headshot? I'm up to the third rifle and it seems you can only get a one shot kill if it's to the head. Are there any perks/attachments that improve the odds?

Simple...aim for the head. If you can't get headshots then improve.

In answer to your question you will at some stage unlock magnum ammo but I never use it. Sniper rifles are made for headshots.

Chuppernicus
03-26-2010, 11:53 PM
That's how this game works. You need to be a good sniper to kill in one shot. Go play "hardcore" mode. It a whole lotta camping in my opinion though. Too many sissies worried about dieing.

Try the M95 with magnum ammo, or just be a team player and use another gun/class.Kill um that way. Works great plus your actually in the fight helping the team. The game has enough bad snipers who need multi-shots to kill and are too worried about the K/d ratio. That's what MW2 is for!

snipingheadshot
03-26-2010, 11:59 PM
The M95, even with magnum ammunition is not a one shot kill to anywhere but the head.

Even though I go for headshots, (my name), real life snipers go for center mass, which is in the chest, not the head. I understand that it is a game, but some game eventually needs to impliment this. If somebody gets hit in the chest by a .50 caliber sniper, whether it be in the head or chest, they are dead. Both the Battlefield and CoD series failed to use this. Yes, CoD allows for one shot sniper kills to the chest, but not always.

I MaStiNoX I
03-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the replies, thats what I thought, I was mostly curious as to when I die from one sniper shot, if it was indeed a headshot or if it was a more high powered rifle to the body...

Only logged around 10 hours or so still learning what works best.

pwn S4uc3
03-27-2010, 01:20 AM
The M95, even with magnum ammunition is not a one shot kill to anywhere but the head.

Even though I go for headshots, (my name), real life snipers go for center mass, which is in the chest, not the head. I understand that it is a game, but some game eventually needs to impliment this. If somebody gets hit in the chest by a .50 caliber sniper, whether it be in the head or chest, they are dead. Both the Battlefield and CoD series failed to use this. Yes, CoD allows for one shot sniper kills to the chest, but not always.

I think the reason they don't implement one shot kill with the .50 Caliber is everyone would use it and it would also cause balance issues. one would not want to play a game when only one weapon is used because it will kill you in one shot from anywhere on the map

I MaStiNoX I
03-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Good call dude, that actually puts it in pretty good perspective.

Natetendo83
03-27-2010, 02:06 AM
The M95 can do one shot one kill to the chest, but you have to be very close range and may even require Magnum Ammo. But using Magnum Ammo while sniping makes you a douche in my opinion and kind of defeats the purpose of Recon. You aren't going for kills so much as you are spotting enemies, counter sniping (aim for the head anyways), tossing motion sensors into areas where enemies may be hiding, etc.

zeds
03-27-2010, 02:39 AM
The M95 can do one shot one kill to the chest, but you have to be very close range and may even require Magnum Ammo. But using Magnum Ammo while sniping makes you a douche in my opinion and kind of defeats the purpose of Recon. You aren't going for kills so much as you are spotting enemies, counter sniping (aim for the head anyways), tossing motion sensors into areas where enemies may be hiding, etc.

I agree with the first bit mate at close range they will knock your socks off in one hit lol or the few people i have shot might have been wounded i dont know for sure. But the bit about using magnum ammo and sniping makes you a douche is very far fetched in my circumstances and for many others i believe as when i tend to snipe i go for very long shots and it does help! but if you meant the few who stick a close range scope on a vss and go run 'n' gun then yes the word douche does fit the bill.

BSH 1975
03-27-2010, 08:54 AM
After I fired a shot I keep looking down the scope and when I want to fire again, it reloads lol :) resulting in my own death

pfff Have to get used to "let go of the scope" after each shot.

XPL1C1T GAM3R
03-27-2010, 09:48 AM
After I fired a shot I keep looking down the scope and when I want to fire again, it reloads lol :) resulting in my own death

that happens to me alot its what happens when u get so used to COD then it makes u realise how easy COD is

vetteindreams
03-27-2010, 10:44 AM
glad that i'm not alone in that - release scope, reload - say it with me ;)

LAD360
03-27-2010, 11:15 AM
All of the bolt action snipers OHK within a certain (short) range. Using magnum ammo increases that range but as you said, bolt action sniping with magnum ammo is a pretty good douche indicator.

snipingheadshot
03-27-2010, 03:50 PM
I think the reason they don't implement one shot kill with the .50 Caliber is everyone would use it and it would also cause balance issues. one would not want to play a game when only one weapon is used because it will kill you in one shot from anywhere on the map

I understand that and I actually had my own ideas about balancing it if it were in a game. You can only fire it prone, it is a one shot kill ANYWHERE, if you fire it while standing you either hurt yourself or die, and you get it at the last level or you have to complete some very hard challenge.

SWise
03-27-2010, 04:12 PM

It's called balance. We have enough snipers in this game already, if the guns were any better we'd see even more. Personally, I wish they would just remove snipers all together. I'm sick of being stuck on squads that are 3x snipers all fighting each other to look out the same window in the middle of no where spotting cows. I have more fun griefing snipers by bringing their buildings down or shooting smoke at them than playing the game. When my team is getting absolutely decimated because 2/3 of them is busy jerking off in some obscure building it's the last shred of hope I have to enjoy this game.

xXDOSERXx
03-27-2010, 09:36 PM
that happens to me alot its what happens when u get so used to COD then it makes u realise how easy COD is

How does that make a game easier? It doesn't actually its more realistic that a sniper would keep his eye on his target while chambering another round on a bolt action rifle. Watch modern sniper or top sniper on the military channel. I like how majority of players here bash MW2. Its a complete different game than this, they should not be compared.

snipingheadshot
03-27-2010, 09:49 PM
It's called balance. We have enough snipers in this game already, if the guns were any better we'd see even more. Personally, I wish they would just remove snipers all together. I'm sick of being stuck on squads that are 3x snipers all fighting each other to look out the same window in the middle of no where spotting cows. I have more fun griefing snipers by bringing their buildings down or shooting smoke at them than playing the game. When my team is getting absolutely decimated because 2/3 of them is busy jerking off in some obscure building it's the last shred of hope I have to enjoy this game.

Fortunately, I have never had that many snipers on my team, only on the enemy team. I agree that 3/4 of a team shouldn't be snipers, but if you have one good squad of snipers, like I usually have with me, it is very helpful to the team.

Vonzipper
03-28-2010, 01:56 PM
If you are looking to build up your sniper class more quickly then I advise you go sniping on Hardcore mode. One shot kills with any sniper (except the automatic ones maybe), that's how I got my sniper class up.

Be advised: For this very reason there are loads of snipers on hardcore. :p

Ted2751
03-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Although not a one-shot kill, your best shot will be with the M95. It takes away 99 of the person's 100 Health points, and if someone else has wounded them then you have a guaranteed kill.

Dervius
03-28-2010, 11:20 PM
What's with the hate for hardcore? Granted, there is an alarming amount of sniping on hardcore, but tbh it is considerably more realistic. Regardless of what sniper you use (bar the semi-auto ones) is a one hit kill. Makes snipers more of a challenge, whilst also balancing all of the weapons, taking the advantage away from those who have racked up days worth of online time.

Sniping on hardcore = Easy to pick up, hard to master. Easy to be useless to your team, difficult to be an active member of it.

I'm not feeling all this "snipers are for headshots" elitist attitude, because well frankly they're not exclusively.

pined5551
03-29-2010, 02:35 AM
do any of the sniper rifles allow for one shot kills without a headshot? I'm up to the third rifle and it seems you can only get a one shot kill if it's to the head. Are there any perks/attachments that improve the odds?

go hardcore!! Lol!

DENAz666
03-29-2010, 02:55 AM
Yeah, M95 plus magnum ammo, pretty much equals one shot kill

guillermo316
03-29-2010, 03:01 AM
play hardcore

XFistsClenchedX
03-29-2010, 05:03 AM

That isn't true. It depends on the distance. I've been surprised by enemies that were 5-10 feet away on at least 3 occasions and I no scoped them in a panic with the M95. They weren't headshots. If the enemy is close enough, they will die from an M95 round to the body.

DENAz666
03-29-2010, 05:16 AM
That isn't true. It depends on the distance. I've been surprised by enemies that were 5-10 feet away on at least 3 occasions and I no scoped them in a panic with the M95. They weren't headshots. If the enemy is close enough, they will die from an M95 round to the body.

Your right, the only time it won't kill is if you hit arms or legs. I think that is the exception

iBlessing 09
03-29-2010, 06:38 AM
I find the GOL can kill in the top half of the torso.

LAD360
03-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Why are people still debating this?

It has been clearly documented and tested that all bolt action snipers are:

OHK over a very short range, using magnum ammo increases that range by a few meters
Never a OHK outside of that range to anywhere but the head on an uninjured enemy

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

Der Nacho
03-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Fortunately, I have never had that many snipers on my team, only on the enemy team. I agree that 3/4 of a team shouldn't be snipers, but if you have one good squad of snipers, like I usually have with me, it is very helpful to the team.

My problem has been a room full of Medics all with M60's. That's a pain in the ass.

Daggra
03-29-2010, 11:16 PM

I find it easier to keep the LT held down and to just press RT again after firing a shot. It'll go back to where you were last aiming considering if you don't move your thumbsticks.