PDA

View Full Version : Any Parts that increase the chances of smackup?

Xelian
03-27-2010, 01:26 PM
would like to know if youre stuck with the guns default, or if however minimal there are parts to put it up, or indeed, accessories.. going for smackdown and bonus hit is a pain.. they always airborne the enemy at the wrong time (sod's law)

The Pants Party
03-27-2010, 02:01 PM
The "Shooting Star" accessory will increase the Bonus Hit chance. It is a reward from the "More Merchandise!" quest in Chapter 5.

Insanity_!84
03-27-2010, 08:14 PM
id say later when u have like 4 or 5 bezals u can just usse ur mg weilder to hero action arcoss the board firing at one enemy (make it the last enemy) if u shoot after every charge (meaning on let ur gun charge one bullet) the enemy will quite easly go airborn, do this on Germilins if ur just farming for the achviment because i swear weight has somthing to do with it.

And i suggest smackdowns be second to trying for bonus hits, also using the one shoot method after jumping while there airborn netted me almost 10 smack down in one match. make sure though ur charge speed is ramped up as much as possible so lots of sights and barrels, dont know were u ar in the game but all the gun customization really takes off ch 5 so u maywant to wait till then

Xelian
03-27-2010, 09:45 PM
yeah thats the method i've been doing for smackdowns, its easy enough just doing a HG leader assault on a regular sized enemy, just the smackup chance thats the pain.. can't wait to start trying for bonus hits afterwards *joy* :'(.. im guessing since nobody actually answered the question i asked, that there are no parts or accessories that increase the smackup chance.. shame

thanks for the accessory though pants, that will come in handy for bonus hit chievo

Insanity_!84
03-28-2010, 01:59 AM
the best parts to ur gun to help with smack up nd bonus hit are better Sights, increasing ur charge time means more shots per hero action meaning a better chance....and achvment wise it only counts f u get a bonus hit or a smack down

Xelian
03-28-2010, 02:15 AM
thanks for the info

SpinelesS
03-28-2010, 09:25 AM
would like to know if youre stuck with the guns default, or if however minimal there are parts to put it up, or indeed, accessories.. going for smackdown and bonus hit is a pain.. they always airborne the enemy at the wrong time (sod's law)

Since I havent seen anyone just fall down, Im assuming that knockdown is what puts people up in the air... Havent seen any attachments yet that increase that, though there are terminals that do (and skills at certain levels.)

So far I havent had any real trouble getting my oponents in the air (I use hero action alot, relying on kills etc to put it back up... Im getting the feeling that Ill prob have to change my fighting style later in the game) Its stopping the spinning arm on the yellow bar for bonus hitting that gets me most of the time.

Xelian
03-28-2010, 01:48 PM
So far I havent had any real trouble getting my oponents in the air (I use hero action alot, relying on kills etc to put it back up... Im getting the feeling that Ill prob have to change my fighting style later in the game) Its stopping the spinning arm on the yellow bar for bonus hitting that gets me most of the time.

yeah ive had that problem too, the hardest thing is trying to balance between, charging enough during your first attack in hero action to have a chance at knocking them in the air, and not charging too little as to save charges (time basically) so if you do knock them up into the air, its not on the last hit, or has a very small bonus hit area.. annoying indeed. Pretty much just down to luck, which makes the bonus hit one, at least, the worst achievement on this game. You could probably go through the entire game without getting a single one.

Only thing to do is increase charge rate as much as possible with scopes and hope for the best. I'm guessing MG's are actually better for this considering they have more shots per charge. (confirm?)

Also, the icon is an arrow pointing upwards, so i'm assuming that's the smackup rate, dunno how the number is quantified, but at a guess, i'd say 5 was 5% chance with each bullet

SpinelesS
03-28-2010, 02:16 PM
yeah ive had that problem too, the hardest thing is trying to balance between, charging enough during your first attack in hero action to have a chance at knocking them in the air, and not charging too little as to save charges (time basically) so if you do knock them up into the air, its not on the last hit, or has a very small bonus hit area.. annoying indeed. Pretty much just down to luck, which makes the bonus hit one, at least, the worst achievement on this game. You could probably go through the entire game without getting a single one.

Only thing to do is increase charge rate as much as possible with scopes and hope for the best. I'm guessing MG's are actually better for this considering they have more shots per charge. (confirm?)

Also, the icon is an arrow pointing upwards, so i'm assuming that's the smackup rate, dunno how the number is quantified, but at a guess, i'd say 5 was 5% chance with each bullet

The achievement just popped for me :) I found that if I missed the first one, if you just keep shooting every circle afterwards the yellow charged area will be bigger if you get it again.

Does anyone know if you get anything other than the silver and gold chips with these bonus attacks?

Xelian
03-28-2010, 03:28 PM
considering they're not worth much, you'll probably get 'higher' versions later on like silver and gold coins maybe.. getting up to 10 silver ships in a battle may be good, but when they're only worth 50 rubies each they're nothing to shout about.. we can only hope

SpinelesS
03-28-2010, 03:46 PM
considering they're not worth much, you'll probably get 'higher' versions later on like silver and gold coins maybe.. getting up to 10 silver ships in a battle may be good, but when they're only worth 50 rubies each they're nothing to shout about.. we can only hope

At the moment Im not really worried about cash, im out of things to buy, not rubies to purchase stuff :) I was hoping that it might drop normal mob items and I just hadnt noticed...

The Pants Party
03-28-2010, 04:47 PM
You only get chips from the bonus hits and smackdowns. Drops only come from broken body parts and the actual enemy themselves.

Xelian
03-28-2010, 04:51 PM
well you get them anyway, if you have drop rate and rare drop rate teminals linked youll not have any problems.. i find it easier to leader assault on every fight, since you seem to get items from every monster every time, or most of the time

SpinelesS
03-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Getting back to the original question on bonus hits, does anyone know why the yellow Bar sometimes stops right away and other times travels a bit first?

The Pants Party
03-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Well the bar itself doesn't move, just the cursor. The bar does grow with every bullet landed without completing a Bonus Hit though, so just keep mashing the attack button on every charge and eventually it will encompass the entire circle, making it impossible not to be successful. Dual-wielding greatly increases your chances as well, as do attachments that increase the "bullet focus" attribute, which lands the bullets at the center of a target.

Xelian
03-30-2010, 05:42 PM
all good info there Pants, someone should write up an advanced battle tactics guide as an addition to the in game tutorial

SpinelesS
03-31-2010, 02:33 AM
Well the bar itself doesn't move, just the cursor.

Ok, does anyone know why the cursor stops suddenly some times, and at other times it travels half a circle or so before stopping?

Xelian
03-31-2010, 02:42 AM
i think thats to do with how large your yellow bar is. If you have a bonus hit chance after say, one bullet, it will move erratically.. when you lengthen the bar it should move arouns as normal. It may have something to do with being random, just like bonus hit chance. Unless it's a glitch, but it doesn't seem to do it with a decent sized yellow bar, so it's more likely tied into bonus hit chance