PDA

View Full Version : Private Match?

pwn S4uc3
03-28-2010, 02:58 AM
I was over my friends house today and watched him play some BC2 on his PS3 with some of his friends on the PSN. they were in a private match. I was wondering if we could do that on the 360 but i only see the option for quick match and doing a refined search when you have a squad. If anyone knows anything on this respond if not voice your opinion on the matter if you think we should get it or why we should not.

TaytaMalikai
03-28-2010, 03:11 AM
The private match is available when you go into "play with friends", press X and you will get a lobby for a private match.
What really sucks is that you need 8 players to start. I don't even have that many friends who play.

vetteindreams
03-28-2010, 04:59 AM
8 awww well nutz to that then

iBlessing 09
03-28-2010, 09:58 AM
It's stupid, I wanted to practice my helicopter skill and it was like "nope, not letting you" then I cried all night.

Hitman H94
03-28-2010, 11:12 AM
they should have made it either 4 or 6 people i've only got three frieds that got this game

TaytaMalikai
03-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Yeah, that is the one stupid thing DICE have done with this game, not allowing most people to play private matches to PRACTICE because of a lack of friends. It's not like it will affect anything else, so let us play by ourselves and just dick around the maps.

pined5551
03-29-2010, 02:43 AM
The private match is available when you go into "play with friends", press X and you will get a lobby for a private match.
What really sucks is that you need 8 players to start. I don't even have that many friends who play.

I think its a sin you cant do local offline games. You could have quite a bit of fun just messing around with a mate 1v1, lol.

DENAz666
03-29-2010, 02:48 AM
Yeah just guessing, but i think they did that to stop boosting. Still i would have liked a offline/private version, just to screw around with mates, no stats attached

guillermo316
03-29-2010, 03:03 AM
i wanted to practice some of my awsome skillz on some nnobs but i dont have 8 noobs to play with.

Renegadery
03-29-2010, 05:59 AM
Yeah just guessing, but i think they did that to stop boosting. Still i would have liked a offline/private version, just to screw around with mates, no stats attached

Whoa I didn't know your stats attatched for private matches. I think when the servers were down someone set up a private match and I couldn't tell it was private because I unlocked stuff. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of a private match.. i dunno

DENAz666
03-29-2010, 06:30 AM
Whoa I didn't know your stats attatched for private matches. I think when the servers were down someone set up a private match and I couldn't tell it was private because I unlocked stuff. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of a private match.. i dunno

Sorry dude, I think you misread that. I've got no idea if the stats are attached or not, would just be nice to have a mode where stats and that didn't.

iBlessing 09
03-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Reading some of these posts I need a clear answer, can you get XP/unlocks in private match?

moriquendi
03-29-2010, 04:40 PM
This is one of the only truly disappointing things about this game for me. IMO every MP game should let you start a private match by yourself. Particularly a game like this where you can have fun just running the maps, controlling vehicles, and blowing stuff up. GTAIV is great for that - just go into free roam and wander Liberty City blowing stuff up and fly/drive where ever you want.

Boosting really isn;t an issue - most games either have to XP in private matches, or a simple toggle allowing private game with no XP would be simple.