PDA

View Full Version : 24 officially cancelled...bad times!

HarperBird
03-28-2010, 03:18 AM
Okay, I know there is a thread about the posibility of 24 getting cancelled but now its official!

I don't care what people think about the show I thought it was bloody awesome and thats including the current season!!!

But it's not all bad news as there still planning on making a movie!!!

Source: http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/108/1080099p1.html

Tussell
03-28-2010, 08:32 PM
I knew it was going to happen. Now the films will probably be a conclusion to the series just like 'Dead Like Me'.

HarperBird
03-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Apparantly they haven't finished the last two episodes of this season so they might try and wrap it up somehow but i hope they don't cause it would seem rushed and spoilt!!

So yeah hopefully the film will be the conclusion to the 24 saga...

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-28-2010, 11:16 PM
How can u cancel 24. Its the best drama by FAR! :(

Tussell
03-28-2010, 11:18 PM
How can u cancel 24. Its the best drama by FAR! :(
I personally never saw what grabbed people. I never liked it.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-28-2010, 11:21 PM
I just think its the plot twists.. and jack bauer :P lmao

golobayj
03-29-2010, 12:22 AM
All I ever wanted them to do is cancel Chloe O'Brian. She is seriously one of the worst actresses in a major TV show. All she has is a pouty "I'm not getting my way" face and I just want somebody to slap it off of her.

Dz06lt
03-29-2010, 12:31 AM
that sucks ass for sure hopefully NBC will pick it up. 8 years is a long time for a TV show though most dont make it near that long

HarperBird
03-29-2010, 01:05 AM
All I ever wanted them to do is cancel Chloe O'Brian. She is seriously one of the worst actresses in a major TV show. All she has is a pouty "I'm not getting my way" face and I just want somebody to slap it off of her.

yeah i have found her annoying to, especially her voice!

Dz06lt
03-29-2010, 01:09 AM
yeah i hate that bitch

STKitten
03-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Not a 24 fan really...

xXxDArKtOrNxXx
03-29-2010, 01:51 AM
not to be be rude but the season thats on now isnt the last they still have one that they are finishing up recording on right now.

In the motion picture industry(worst job ever) Things happen but they knew this was going to happen so keifer signed up for one more seaon and they are recording two more episodes and those will air with the next season next year.

Nozza XBA
03-29-2010, 11:00 AM
"DAMMIT CHLOE!"

Love it! Bad times indeed, but we all saw it coming. Better now then dragging it on for another 3 series that would most likely shit. Yet I'd still watch them =P

I hate how NBC/Fox at others keep ending these good shows.. Prison Break/24 etc.. House will be next =(.. Someone tell me why Lost is still going.. Should of been cut by now.. I have a feeling thats still going because thers an ending compared to the others which dont and can go on with endless episodes.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Gunna miss it :(

HarperBird
03-29-2010, 12:24 PM
"DAMMIT CHLOE!"

Love it! Bad times indeed, but we all saw it coming. Better now then dragging it on for another 3 series that would most likely shit. Yet I'd still watch them =P

I hate how NBC/Fox at others keep ending these good shows.. Prison Break/24 etc.. House will be next =(.. Someone tell me why Lost is still going.. Should of been cut by now.. I have a feeling thats still going because thers an ending compared to the others which dont and can go on with endless episodes.

Mate Lost is in it's last season and not many episodes left now!! it has been great so far....

Nozza XBA
03-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Mate Lost is in it's last season and not many episodes left now!! it has been great so far....

Yeh, great in the fact that you have a time traveling island! Silly story line imo. It should of stuck with what season 1/2 were like before it got all polar bear on us!

Andreas_loel
03-29-2010, 03:11 PM
about fucking time, enjoy 24 and seen all seasons except the latest but seriously 8 seasons? come on it should had ended earlier.

CutePoisonCTU
03-29-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm gutted. I love 24...loved Prison Break too! What will I watch now?!

Hkem
03-29-2010, 04:08 PM
24 has been going down hill for a while. I still enjoy it, but recently the acting has been abysmal, the plotlines are repeats of earlier series, the twists obvious and uninteresting and frankly it's getting more unrealistic. Spoiler: Do they not search vehicles when they enter the CTU complex any more?? How the heck does a girl with a criminal record manage to change her identity (unofficially) and make it through the rigorous security protocols to become a CTU Analyst? Do they seriously just let visiting dignitaries just come and go as they please?
As for Prison Break! What was that 3rd season all about. Gawd!

Fox shouldn't have stopped The Unit. That show was 24 meets Desperate Housewives and the men in the Unit were all more badass than Jack Bauer. Shame it didn't get the slot it deserved.

Nozza XBA
03-29-2010, 04:18 PM
24 has been going down hill for a while. I still enjoy it, but recently the acting has been abysmal, the plotlines are repeats of earlier series, the twists obvious and uninteresting and frankly it's getting more unrealistic. Spoiler: Do they not search vehicles when they enter the CTU complex any more?? How the heck does a girl with a criminal record manage to change her identity (unofficially) and make it through the rigorous security protocols to become a CTU Analyst? Do they seriously just let visiting dignitaries just come and go as they please?
As for Prison Break! What was that 3rd season all about. Gawd!

Fox shouldn't have stopped The Unit. That show was 24 meets Desperate Housewives and the men in the Unit were all more badass than Jack Bauer. Shame it didn't get the slot it deserved.

You sir with your 24 Spolier and Gawd! Season 3 PB are correct. <-- that was a useless season but none the less good..ish.

It has gone down hill a little and the plots you can work out from the first 3 episodes. When you can do that, you know its time to end. How many seasons can you have a Nuclear Threat? lol

ZonaBoy89
03-29-2010, 04:21 PM
That show wasnt that great any way too bad for all the idiots that named themselves Jack Bauer on Xbox live.

Iconoclast
03-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Nooooooo! Not my precious 24! I've watched this show since it started and I'm in love with Jack Bauer...I'm so sad now :(

porkfriedtar
03-29-2010, 06:52 PM
thats just horrible, it was the only action show to watch

vI-Youneek-Iv
03-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Don't worry people the new series sequel is going to be "48".

CutePoisonCTU
03-30-2010, 02:25 PM
That show wasnt that great any way too bad for all the idiots that named themselves Jack Bauer on Xbox live.

Lol, guess I'm an idiot then for having CTU in my gamertag. :$

Iconoclast
03-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Lol, guess I'm an idiot then for having CTU in my gamertag. :$

CTU and Jack Bauer will always live on in our hearts...

CutePoisonCTU
03-30-2010, 03:54 PM
CTU and Jack Bauer will always live on in our hearts...

Hell yeah! :P

OG Baker224
03-30-2010, 03:57 PM
24 was the one and only show that i did not miss.this sucks

LFC Alevop
03-30-2010, 04:32 PM
definetely sad it was an excellent series (for the most part)

Hopefully the movie will be good, looking forward forward to it

Iconoclast
03-30-2010, 10:01 PM
I agree, at least they'll make a movie. But I hope they really pay attention to what it is that the fans want to happen in the end and not just take it in a completely opposite direction like so many of these types of movies end up doing.

I thought 24: Redemption was an adequate lead-in to season 7, but as far as the movie and storyline itself go, I hope they can do better.

I still can't believe it's over :(

TDOG9117
04-05-2010, 04:26 AM
another good show bites the dust:drunk hope for the movie

Death Metal Jim
04-19-2010, 11:03 AM
another good show bites the dust:drunk hope for the movie

they're definitely turning this into a movie series, Keifer Sutherland confirmed it the other day.

Iconoclast
04-19-2010, 10:11 PM
they're definitely turning this into a movie series, Keifer Sutherland confirmed it the other day.

A movie series? I heard they were releasing a movie to tie up any loose ends after season 8?

Death Metal Jim
04-19-2010, 10:16 PM
A movie series? I heard they were releasing a movie to tie up any loose ends after season 8?

nope, they want to make it into i believe a trilogy. Obviously they have to see how the first movie does at the box office though. But i'd imagine enough people will go see it to warrant a sequal. Anyway. i read about this in an article on imdb about a week back, so things may have changed, but they did say a movie series and not just one movie.

BarfightBob
04-19-2010, 11:23 PM
The movie will be about Jack trying to find a woman who won't end up dead or in a coma after they sleep with him. Poor Renee :(

Iconoclast
04-19-2010, 11:38 PM
nope, they want to make it into i believe a trilogy. Obviously they have to see how the first movie does at the box office though. But i'd imagine enough people will go see it to warrant a sequal. Anyway. i read about this in an article on imdb about a week back, so things may have changed, but they did say a movie series and not just one movie.

They'll make enough money off of me alone going to see it a bajillion times. This is even better news! :)

FurstFinsternis
04-20-2010, 02:24 AM
Yeah, I'm pissed about 24 being canceled. 24 makes Mondays bearable for me. Let's hope the finale will be awesome.

Death Metal Jim
04-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Lmao at Bauer making Starbuck's head bounce like a basketball last night :Bounce:

DeaconsGTG
04-24-2010, 03:27 AM
Sad to see 24 go. Used to love that show but haven't kept up with it in the past few years (after the dreadful season six, or whichever one was right before the TV strike). Still have the old seasons on DVD and watch them now and then.

Death Metal Jim
05-13-2010, 04:24 AM
Man, these last couple episodes have been awesome, I can't wait to see what Bauer does to Logan next week ;).

I can't believe there's only a couple episodes left. At least we know they'll be a movie to continue the story, unlike Lost, which i'm almost positive will have a dissappointing ending.