PDA

View Full Version : Tips an tricks for beating point buster and survivalist on all games!!

papasm1rfx
03-29-2010, 05:17 AM
anyone who has any good tips for getting gold on either of these please list them here so we all know where to look.
and please name the game.

crystal castles:

points buster - on level 1 run to the top left hand corner and jump out of the map it will take u to level 3 and u will score 140,000(gold medal in seconds).

survival - play level one hide in the corner so you get the balls stuck the just run along the outside of the map avoiding the beehive, do this till ur on the last life then use the trick above to jump to level 3. u will then have 3/4 lifes added and should have atleast 4mins of survival time racked up. then just hide in the top left hand part of the map for aslong as u can u should easily obtain a gold.

D4RKXPOW3R
03-29-2010, 06:47 AM
You should probably reserve a few spaces following the initial post...

For starters, you need basic advice:

1: Before you begin playing, start up your game (Classic or Ranked) and hit Select/Back button. Select options, and choose 'graphics'.
A: Turn off the ticker (its annoying)
B: Set Game Display mode to "Basic" (only way to control X-Y scales)
C: Change the X-Y scales to fit your TV

2: Back out of Options and select 'Controls' and pick a good layout (limited to 3 options, sometimes none of the layouts are great, like Asteroids for example).

3: The best strategy in most cases, is to watch the replays of the top 20 players for that particular game.

papasm1rfx
03-29-2010, 07:43 AM
You should probably reserve a few spaces following the initial post...

For starters, you need basic advice:

1: Before you begin playing, start up your game (Classic or Ranked) and hit Select/Back button. Select options, and choose 'graphics'.
A: Turn off the ticker (its annoying)
B: Set Game Display mode to "Basic" (only way to control X-Y scales)
C: Change the X-Y scales to fit your TV

2: Back out of Options and select 'Controls' and pick a good layout (limited to 3 options, sometimes none of the layouts are great, like Asteroids for example).

3: The best strategy in most cases, is to watch the replays of the top 20 players for that particular game.

Whilst i agree these may be hand for some people i dont really think that these are tricks that will help u to get a gold medal much.

The leaderboard is a good idea i didnt even realise u could do that till u mentioned it thanks lol.

Loopstahblue
03-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Survivalist:
For Crystal Castles it's much easier for Survivalist if you play through to the 4th map which is the castle. Kill the three gem eaters as they eat a gem and then the witch using the hat. Then go and sit inside the castle in the top left corner. I stayed there for an hour last night and got the blisters achievement just by nudging my stick every so often while I watched TV. The bees can't get you.

Points Buster:
For Finalizer you need to get the Crash powerup, the one that flashes red. This allows you to crash into the enemies and gives you a load more points than shooting them does. If you get a couple of these during a game you should get the Gold points buster easy.

For Shao-lin's Road you need to jump kick enemies to help get the points buster. You get 500 for a jump kick and only 200 for a standing kick. Keep an eye out for the bonus items (noodle bowls) flying across the screen as they give 1000 points. Jump kicks also take out boss enemies easier as well.

Vivi
03-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Yar's Revenge (Survivalist) : This is one of the easiest golds you can get. Just stay in the first level and move up and down dodging the enemy and the bullet. There's no reason you shouldnt be able to get this.

Joey Longshot
03-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Survivalist:
For Crystal Castles it's much easier for Survivalist if you play through to the 4th map which is the castle. Kill the three gem eaters as they eat a gem and then the witch using the hat. Then go and sit inside the castle in the top left corner. I stayed there for an hour last night and got the blisters achievement just by nudging my stick every so often while I watched TV. The bees can't get you.

Thanks a ton man!

papasm1rfx
04-05-2010, 12:20 AM
great tips so far guys would be great to get a few more up on here???

Gamerdude5448
04-05-2010, 01:13 AM
If you get Lunar Lander and play one full round of it you get gold Suvivalist almost instantly.

Gamerdude5448
04-05-2010, 01:14 AM
oops were talking about Crystal Castles... wow im dumb