PDA

View Full Version : You have got to be kidding me..........

Vivi
03-29-2010, 09:37 AM
When playing earlier, after exiting a game. The game was Adventure. I was just walking bath and forth to get the Time medal. Well when I exited out I unlocked 3 achievements at once (10 Time Spender Medals), (10 of each type of Medal), and 33 Medals. Well my game froze during this process. I was fearing 2 of the achievements wouldnt unlock. When I turned my system back on I looked and still got all 3 achievements. Thought that was a relief....but when I go back under Game Room it says my data is corrupt and I have to make a new save.

33 medals..........and I was also close to the 8 hours spent achievement as well.

:(

Don't think I'll be playing this again anytime soon. Maybe if I can get the Tennis Rubberband trick to work, just to get the rest of the Time spent achievements. But having to get all those medals again.especially the Time Spent ones...............gah...don't think I have the patience.

So I warn you if you know your in the process of earning 3 or more achievements at once this may happen to you.

Shelton
03-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Oh God. I hope my save data is ok. I unlocked two achievements at once and the game froze. I turned it off and haven't played it since. I'm close to the 16 hour achievement, so if it is corrupted I will be incredibly pissed.

*Edit- My data is fine. Sorry that you lost all that progress. Krome really needs to work out the kinks in this program.

Psymox
03-29-2010, 10:27 AM
I had it freeze on me once when I unlocked 2 at the same time but my save data is completely fine. I've also unlocked 2+ achievements on this game before without any problems though.

Vivi
03-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Hmm...well for some odd reason it saved on both my hard drive and memory card. I can load the date fine on memory card. Thank god. And yes I was saving to my harddrive beforehand. Dont know how it saved on my memory card as well, but its a relief. But I have to get that last medal again, but I can live with that.

retroboy
03-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Nice,

I am happy for you OP lol. This can really sour a game experience. I remember pouring hours into my Virtua Tennis 3 character to get crazy stats so I could beat the game easily. My save corrupted and I lost all my progress. I played a few mors hours but after that I didn't bother as it was all too much.

Nazgul
03-31-2010, 02:16 PM
This happened to me while playing StarRaiders

KRS
03-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Think I might have to backup my game room save. It locks up on me pretty much every session, and I often see the message about not being able to connect.

Odd that a retro collection would be so unstable. I have to guess the overhead of the arcade room is causing problems. But still, most of these games are ~30 years old, you'd think a handful of k worth of game code would run like a champ, even with all the extra glitz.