PDA

View Full Version : Any new on new DLC or achievements?

smellysoc1
03-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Hi

I have completed the game now and was just wondering if there is any new stuff due out soon?

Thanks

WonderCaliban
03-29-2010, 12:09 PM
New maps out tomorrow (30th)

InsaneKane87
03-29-2010, 12:21 PM
They are not new maps lol its ridiculous that people keep saying they are new.

The Carrot Cake Kid
03-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Nice reply

ChaosGod87
03-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Nice reply

Nice reply. It's not new maps, same maps, just modified for the different game types. Or something like that.

Seany Show
03-29-2010, 12:39 PM

Ok I'll make it abit clearer. They are new maps in different game types. So technically they are new. But let's not worry about the fine print.

EDIT: I got Ninja'd by Chaosgod :p

Judivarious
03-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Ok I'll make it abit clearer. They are new maps in different game types. So technically they are new. But let's not worry about the fine print.

EDIT: I got Ninja'd by Chaosgod :p

Still not new.

New usually means it's something that nobody has ever seen before, and I'm sure people have seen those two maps plenty of times.

ChaosGod87
03-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Hopefully they bring some new maps out soon.

TALINKINMAN
03-29-2010, 01:34 PM
When the new Dr pepper armor upgrades come out so will 12 new awards and 4 new achievements no offical date or price on said DLC but if you go under store in main menu DICE has confirmed all of thoose slots will be filled they just don't know When

Source -KOTAKU ....and the store area in game

BigDave1313
03-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Still not new.

New usually means it's something that nobody has ever seen before, and I'm sure people have seen those two maps plenty of times.

Its new not new maps but new modes so its still new noones played on those maps with those modes yet :D

iBlessing 09
03-29-2010, 02:19 PM
When the new Dr pepper armor upgrades come out so will 12 new awards and 4 new achievements no offical date or price on said DLC but if you go under store in main menu DICE has confirmed all of thoose slots will be filled they just don't know When

Source -KOTAKU ....and the store area in game
oo Thanks, was they meant to be released on the 18th March or was that something else?

TOBY DA THUG
03-29-2010, 02:35 PM
new = something no one has played on before.
therefore, although they arent "new maps" they will see a new leash of life =)
but I consider them new

Any one know more about the achievements? when will they be coming out? with the maps maybe? Its just a bit strange how they place them before the maps in the store, which looks as though they will be coming out before or with the maps.

OJR
03-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Its new not new maps but new modes so its still new noones played on those maps with those modes yet :D +1, well said BigDave - the maps will be NEW to the various game modes, ergo they are new maps. ;)

ZedChuva
03-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Are we talking the VIP shit? The stuff that came with pre-order? Saw DLC on the marketplace, when to it, and while I could buy it, I check in game, and I already had it. (like the marketplace said, check first)

Hot Juicy Pie
03-29-2010, 05:23 PM
They are not new maps lol its ridiculous that people keep saying they are new. If I haven't played them, they're new to me ;)

Barad
03-29-2010, 05:56 PM
..and hopefully new achievements! :woop:

Joseph0714
03-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Are these maps gonna be free? and which DLC will be the one with achievements? the Dr.Pepper promotion one? :confused:

LoD WheeZzy
03-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Maps are gonna be free for those that have vip status and Dr.Pepper DLC is the one with the new achievements.

Joseph0714
03-29-2010, 06:04 PM
Cool thanks! and does anyone know when the Dr. Pepper DLC is released?

InsaneKane87
03-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Cool thanks! and does anyone know when the Dr. Pepper DLC is released?

No which is ridiculous as well. I wonder tho if they will announce it after the 30th. I dont know whats going on but a update would be nice from them.

Joseph0714
03-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the reply :) , and too bad, I want that DLC :-/

big red marino
03-29-2010, 07:24 PM
new = something no one has played on before.
therefore, although they arent "new maps" they will see a new leash of life =)
but I consider them new

Any one know more about the achievements? when will they be coming out? with the maps maybe? Its just a bit strange how they place them before the maps in the store, which looks as though they will be coming out before or with the maps.

I have been looking all over for achievements...and since I usually hear about it first on this website...no such luck. However, my best guess is that you will have to unlock all guns for each class to get an achievement. With the new gun being the final gun to unlock in each class. This is only my best guess.

Chuppernicus
03-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Still not new.

To please the vocab police, maybe one could say new configurations of 2 existing maps for game modes in which they are currently not available?
Some kids will argue about anything. I'll be calling them new as well, nay Sayers be damned.

FingeredPope
03-29-2010, 08:20 PM
lol @ arguing the semantics of the word "new".

I could really care less about the maps, i'm really looking forward to the SPECACT upgrades. I hear those are coming out the same day as the maps, aka tomorrow.

Ry8an25oliver93
03-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Anyone else have a gut feeling that the maps won't work tomorrow?

Chuppernicus
03-29-2010, 09:20 PM

I could really care less about the maps, i'm really looking forward to the SPECACT upgrades. I hear those are coming out the same day as the maps, aka tomorrow.

It would be nice if the Dr. Pepper DLC hit the same day as the NEW, yeah I said it, maps;) Still have not read an official word on said release, no links etc. Just a lot of my friend said and guessing.

Let's hope they do hit.

InsaneKane87
03-29-2010, 09:28 PM
I have been looking all over for achievements...and since I usually hear about it first on this website...no such luck. However, my best guess is that you will have to unlock all guns for each class to get an achievement. With the new gun being the final gun to unlock in each class. This is only my best guess.

Nice idea but I hope its not that honestly. I want a challenge!

guillermo316
03-29-2010, 09:37 PM
if you didnt get your rush code! like me, you might want to play squad rush on april 2? and also new modes on maps.

TOBY DA THUG
03-29-2010, 10:56 PM

hope your right =)

MediumMelanin
03-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Well, it's the new skins...and weapons? and renewed (eh?) maps...

Joseph0714
03-30-2010, 12:16 AM
LOL, IMO these are not new maps, these are just original maps added/moddified so they can be used on the game modes, and well I think DICE did this so people say "Wow, DICE's map packs are free while IW's map pack is 15$" because everyone knows they could have shipped these map packs with the orginal game -.- (correct me if i'm wrong, and I hope everyone understands my point :p)

Anyone else have a gut feeling that the maps won't work tomorrow?
LOL you just had to say it, right? :p

OK everyone, please pray for the map packs to release tomorrow and don't get a last minute delay. To not get into religious terms, just pray to any god you believe in :drunk

Kevin I Delfin
03-30-2010, 12:26 AM
oohh Gracias primo jajja

EscapedTheFate
03-30-2010, 03:04 AM
Hopefully they bring some new maps out soon.

. . . the game has been out for LESS than a month . . .

its taken call of duty since november 17th (so ~4 1/2 months) -- be happy with what youve got cause NEW NEW maps wont be out for a couple months

Phetty
03-30-2010, 03:49 AM
LOL, IMO these are not new maps, these are just original maps added/moddified so they can be used on the game modes, and well I think DICE did this so people say "Wow, DICE's map packs are free while IW's map pack is 15$" because everyone knows they could have shipped these map packs with the orginal game -.- (correct me if i'm wrong, and I hope everyone understands my point :p)

LOL you just had to say it, right? :p

OK everyone, please pray for the map packs to release tomorrow and don't get a last minute delay. To not get into religious terms, just pray to any god you believe in :drunk
Yeah nice theory, but the map pack 2 has been listed in the games store since it came out. Which was a week before the MW2 maps we're even announced.

MFCH 37
03-30-2010, 04:10 AM
I didn't play BC1 very much, but I'm wondering; did they ever come out with NEW maps after launch? 1943 only got Coral Sea just a little while after launch, which is what it looks like they're doing with BC2.

DENAz666
03-30-2010, 04:23 AM
I didn't play BC1 very much, but I'm wondering; did they ever come out with NEW maps after launch? 1943 only got Coral Sea just a little while after launch, which is what it looks like they're doing with BC2.

Well first they brought in conquest mode to BC1, that was the first DLC, then later on they released more maps. 3-4 if i remember correctly

OJR
03-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Whoever brought up the release of map packs in 1943 makes a good point which kinda leads me to another question - do you think the idea of an extra map pack which can only be unlocked by the community (like the 1million kills threshold or whatever it was on 1943, but perhaps more squad-based) would make people co-operate more on BF:BC2 and reduce the amount of whining about how many snipers there are?

Waterboy908
03-30-2010, 10:29 AM
New maps for conquest mode are up and live in the store

Barad
03-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Gotta play this later when i have time..

ChaosGod87
03-30-2010, 11:29 AM
. . . the game has been out for LESS than a month . . .

its taken call of duty since november 17th (so ~4 1/2 months) -- be happy with what youve got cause NEW NEW maps wont be out for a couple months

Don't get me wrong, I love the maps, except Nelson Bay, evil evil map.

Joseph0714
03-30-2010, 03:08 PM

I can prove this theory, because I "downloaded" the new map pack and you don't even download them, you kinda unlock them, plus everytime you buy any Add On (usually map packs, campaign missions, etc.) you get a title update, in BC2 I didn't, this means, they were already in the game, just not unlocked. :p
So, IMO they have released these two "Map Packs" for free to have a good image of themselves.

Anyways... atleast they are free, and other games might have charged like 320 (4$) or 400 (5$) for map packs like these.

Now, to play BC2 :drunk (and later MW2)