PDA

View Full Version : Karma achievements - possible to get in 1 playthrough

Ozbaab
03-29-2010, 01:52 PM
I've noticed different karma cheevos such as good and bad. Is it possible to get both good and bad karma cheevos in 1 playthrough. Or do u need to make more then 1 character for this?

Thanks! :woop:

MrEastSide
03-29-2010, 02:51 PM
You can get them all in one play through. Make sure you're playing through the game as a good guy so you have good karma. Simply save a game file before you hit each required level for a karma achievement. Once you get your good karma achievement for a certain level, reload the save that you made then go around and steal a bunch of shit to drop your karma to neutral, then level up again, reload, steal shit to drop your karma down to bad, level up. Repeat for each level that gains you an achievement.

Jakethemuss
03-29-2010, 07:10 PM
^^^What he said. But just remember that although killing peeps gets you bad karma alot quicker than stealing, it also gets you alot of XP so you may reach your desired level with the wrong karma level unless your careful.

Save at around 400xp before a level up and just play through 3 seperate times so that you hit the level at all 3 karma levels

Ozbaab
04-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Ok thanks! Required more work then I thought, but it's all good :)

Ozbaab
04-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Ok it's easier then I first thought!

kiskit
04-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Note: minimal spoiler

On the 360 version what I did was get in neutral karma when I was getting to nearly within 1 full level before the karma level cheevos & saved game before leveling up for each.

For bad karma I would slay as many citizens in Megaton as needed to level up to within the 1 level away . Then use perk of going up a full level to get the negative karmas.

For neautral karma I stayed within neutral & just to make sure I had neutral I did the level up one full level perk.

For positive I woulld give all the fresh water that my robot would make. (note: I bought this robot as early in game as possible in addition to acquiring the megaton house). I would have him make the fresh water I think he can make 4-5 every week. I seldom used the water for my character then saved in my locker. When I needed positive karma I would keeep giving the water to the dude sitting outside megaton or the one near Rivet City would work too.

Again once I was a level away & now in good karma u used the level one full level perk to make sure I was still in good karma.

It's not necessary that u do it this way it's just how I did it so I could focus on each of them at same time.

Then after all this and getting the 3 levels of karma I would revert back to my original save & it wouldn't matter what karma I was in (I normally tended toward bad or neutral. My sister did sane plan & she was always in good karma.

Then when u got to the next 3 karma level cheevs repeat steps as above. So in my real game I never actuall used the level one full level up perk, just used it when I was focusing on the karma level cheevs each time b4 reverting to an earlier save.

Hope this is helpful & not too confusing. It worked for me on the 360 version & I hav 100%'d that versions achievements. Will be using same tactics on this pc version. I just started the game 2 days ago.

Ozbaab
04-05-2010, 07:17 PM
I did it before I hit level 8, worked good! Didn't take much time at all.
Went to Megaton and started a massacre! D: