PDA

View Full Version : Game Room Improvement Ideas

NOTswaggers
03-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Posted this on the XBox thread but I thought I'd copy here for more discussion:

I've bought all the arcade games and a few 2600 and Intellivision games. I LOVE the idea of the game room.

I don't think we are going to see a price decrease but something that would help me, since I've bought most games, is a Block Party style deal. Buy the entire Game Pack and you get 2 or 3 of them free. Even at full price they should have a Buy It All option where if you pay for everything at once you get all the Mascots no matter when you buy it. People pushing for $1 per are just dreaming, but a package deal should be something that can get done.

They had better be planning to add more rooms and/or more floors ASAP since I don't want to get to a situation where I can't even show everything I have. I also want a more fluid real arcade experience. I should be able to walk around and interact with the arcade and the items I put in it.

As someone said, if I place a air hockey table in my arcade, I should be able to play it. Free little side games like that would really help. They can be level unlocked bonuses.

They also need a separate 2600 theme. I don't really want to put a 60s theme or a Spooky Castle theme in my arcade. I have everything in Atari and then Konami and Intellivision. I need a 2600 theme.

People coming to my arcade should be able to play my arcade games in free play, no medal mode for FREE. Why come to my arcade if you have to pay to play? Let alone creating a token system and then making a game 5 tokens? Seriously? If you have to have a token system it should be 1.

NOTswaggers
03-29-2010, 02:35 PM
AND I would love to see this take off and have someone produce some arcade quality controllers. Specifically a spinner. Tempest is total B-S with the xbox controller.

N3xus Gam3r
03-29-2010, 03:10 PM
I wished to see some new future features in this game, chatting with people would also be fun

UCB Disco
03-29-2010, 03:42 PM
First and foremost, and what I thought was going to be applied in the first place, Avatar control. I hate the fact that your limited to "Camera-control" only. Camera-control should only be for editing your Arcade. It would feel SO much more like a virtual arcade if I was able to walk into the arcade with my virtual character, walk up to a cabinet, and then play the games. This would also apply to interacting with my friends in each other's arcades. I thought they dropped the ball on this, and being a programmer, that is not a difficult thing to have done.

Other than that, I think Game Room is solid. There are a couple glitches here and there, but overall, the sound, experience, and feel of the arcade is stellar. I only wish I could experience it a little bit more than moving my camera around.

shadaik
03-30-2010, 10:21 AM
The thread this refers to is found here http://forums.xbox.com/31849811/ShowPost.aspx

I already posted mine over there, but as a short list: free-roaming avatars, more than 1 mascot/game, one combined cabinet each for 2600/Intellivision games, customizable background music, interactive decorations, readable arcade titles, less advertisement screens, Xbox avatar on PC

Nazgul
03-31-2010, 01:52 PM
The main thing I'd like to see is a bunch of unreleased classic games, specifically for the Atari section. Games like Lord of the Rings, The Ewok Adventure, Alligator People---just to name a few. It would also be cool if they brought out Colecovision, Vectrex and Commodore 64 games. To go with that, maybe a 70's living room theme might complement the classic games nicely. Just my thoughts...

NOTswaggers
03-31-2010, 02:39 PM
one combined cabinet each for 2600/Intellivision games

I like the combined 2600/Intellivision room. One theme that creates a 2600 play room and then the sides are game racks that would hold all the games you owned. If you scrolled over one a screen would pop up with gameplay vids and the like. Much better then each game having it's own janky cab.

wheresurh3ad
03-31-2010, 02:50 PM
I want MR.DO!!!!

Alypso
04-01-2010, 06:07 AM
want to play multiplayer games online

litepink
04-01-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't understand why free roaming avatars would have been so hard. I don't feel like I am exploring an arcade the way it is set up now.

sleepydumbdude
04-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Mainly tired of glitches. If they fixed the load freeze one and the cannot connect to game room then I'd be happy. So mad when I do challenges and keep getting cannot connect to game room. 75% of the time it still keeps my score but sometimes it doesn't.

Game room packs would be a good idea though. Give us 5 game packs for 800 points or something.
Free roaming avatar with some of the game room items to interact with for free would be neat like a dart board, air hockey, or possibly pool.

Skode
04-05-2010, 03:58 PM
People ive talked to most about it all seem to see its as a priority to be able to walk around with your avatar in your games room but i would rather they fixed the glitches and server issue long before any of that kind of cosmetics are patched in... i mean there isnt even any stairs to get from one floor to the next.

I think the three main things i want added to Game Room in the next few weeks is...

1. Its been said before but people being able to visit my room and playing the game for free... whats the point of them visiting it if they cant do anything on there that they can do just as easily on their own arcade.

2. People being able to play multiplayer on each other arcades... games like Combat and Outlaw are completely pointless to get unless you have a couple of people to come over to your place to play games as old as i am.

3. Game Packs offering free cosmetic extras every week... ie each week should come with a free theme/mascot/room item. I want to kit out my arcade all nice and fancy but there isnt enough themes for me to do it how i like or indeed the fact some of the better ones i have to have obscene amount of medal points just to unlock (hard to do unless i guess you have and mastered all the 30 available games offered so far)