PDA

View Full Version : Halo: Reach's New MP Rules/Leveling/Rank System

Nozza XBA
03-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Halo: Reach has a New MP System

In Bungie's weekly newsletter they have announced an overhaul of the multiplayer system. Bungie.net describes rank in Halo: Reach as "a global, cross-gameplay-mode-encompassing representation of the time you've spent in the game." It says "rank as you knew it in Halo 3, is dead." It goes onto explain that the player's rank will increase over time as they earn credits. So overall your rank will indicate how much time you have spent playing Halo: Reach.

Bungie say credits can be achieved by:
* Finishing games and Winning Games in Matchmaking
* Commendations - Commendations are persistent, aggregating awards that will advance through gameplay
*Challenges and achievements

Challenges will be issued daily and weekly to give players an incentive to keep coming back. They may include things like "Kill X players in Matchmaking" or "Maybe we'll ask you to play a Mission like few have dared..."

As your rank and credits increase, you can spend your credits on new armour to allow more customisation then ever before. It says though that "The stuff you earn with Credits is purely cosmetic", meaning the flashy new helmet you just bought, will be no better then any of the other helmets, it might just look cooler!

Bungie says the reason it has changed its multiplayer ranking system is because the "vast majority" of Halo 3 players never climbed to the upper ranks.

[Source] (http://www.trueachievements.com/n1203/halo-reach-new-mp-rules.htm) & Bungie.net

tuC0M
03-29-2010, 05:13 PM
I like the credits system for buying new armor stuff. You still earn the armor like in Halo 3 (for getting a certain amount of gamer score, or getting a certain achievement(s)) but you get to pick what you get and when.

k2345
03-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Liking the system, but loving the fact that earning achievements now give's you money :woop:

Maka
03-30-2010, 04:13 AM
Terrible Idea! May sound nice at first, terrible idea in the end. I will explain myself more if anyone cares to know why this system is flawed.

Squirrel257
03-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Explain away Maka, explain away.

balance13
03-30-2010, 10:00 PM
I personally think it is better, should stop people from boosting (like in Halo 3) just to get their General rank.

ReaLiStiiC
03-30-2010, 10:02 PM
I personally think it is better, should stop people from boosting (like in Halo 3) just to get their General rank.

They will still boost, they can just earn all the challenges and level faster for completing the challenges and the achievements to earn more cR

balance13
03-30-2010, 10:06 PM
They will still boost, they can just earn all the challenges and level faster for completing the challenges and the achievements to earn more cR

Yes but not people quitting matches so that they can grow levels faster. That is what I was referring to. I could give a shit about stats boosting, I just hate when my whole team quits.

ReaLiStiiC
03-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Yes but not people quitting matches so that they can grow levels faster. That is what I was referring to. I could give a shit about stats boosting, I just hate when my whole team quits.

Oh you meant that boosting... yea that pisses me off. Sorry for interpreting a different way it lol.

GhOsT SLaYeR
03-31-2010, 04:31 AM
^ you should I thought it was quite obvious

R3TARDSLY3R
03-31-2010, 10:24 AM
i think this is a bad idea and they should of keep with the halo 3 way

guillermo316
03-31-2010, 02:42 PM
awsome i like it. now there is moer of a penalty if you quit and leave your team. rank general 50 agian baby!

Mr Moozipan
04-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Awesome, I cant wait playing beta and buying the game eventually

x0SugarBear0x
04-06-2010, 05:50 AM
Seriously 3.0... Get 100,000,000 kills to unlock Flaming E.O.D body :D

that505guy
04-07-2010, 02:46 PM
So are they making the game's experience accumlitive rank like on COD..???

so is theree no deranking..???

balance13
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
So are they making the game's experience accumlitive rank like on COD..???

so is theree no deranking..???

I believe so, but from what I think it will be a lot harder to try and reach the top rank as there probably won't be prestige.

TH3 DOMINION
04-07-2010, 10:36 PM
It's a more noob-friendly system. This overhaul looks like bad news to me at first but I have confidence in Bungie to get it right and not make rank as insignificant as it is in CoD.

xXGLxDASOLIDER
04-07-2010, 11:36 PM
I sort of like the sound of the new system they are implementing but i had no problem wwith Halo 3s Level Up system it was hard to rank up but it was fun.

Darth Grif55
04-09-2010, 03:42 AM
Can't wait! Glad Bungie is taking some tips from COD when it comes to rank. Halo 3's ranking system is a horrible POS. Also, I like how you get Exp for playing the campaign like in RSV.

Halon330
04-11-2010, 10:55 PM
I will have to see the new system in action. Sounds like if may give unfair advantage to some. How rough would it be for the FNG who just started playing any Halo game for the first time, was already struggleing to play, and then you have the fact that the others are out gunned and out armored compared to him.

Also may give more advantages to players who simply have more time to play than others. I kind of like every player having the same weapons and armor available to each. Makes skill the biggest factor in determining outcome.

Also, once they start this it is only a matter of time until you can buy advantages over other players.

VexxedMaster
04-12-2010, 05:21 AM
I will have to see the new system in action. Sounds like if may give unfair advantage to some. How rough would it be for the FNG who just started playing any Halo game for the first time, was already struggleing to play, and then you have the fact that the others are out gunned and out armored compared to him.

Also may give more advantages to players who simply have more time to play than others. I kind of like every player having the same weapons and armor available to each. Makes skill the biggest factor in determining outcome.

Also, once they start this it is only a matter of time until you can buy advantages over other players. They said its only 'cosmetic' or just for looks, buying armor has nothing to do with what your spartan can do its just so you can make a distinct image for yourself, everyone still has access to the same guns and everyone is still gonna die from a headshot no matter if you have the most expensive helmet or not

I personally think this is a good idea, I didn't like how i had to do this and that to get an armor piece in Halo 3 and even when I did get them there were too few options to chose from and i just felt so generic compared to other players the customization bored me, from the way its looking so far there should be at least enough options for hardcore players to aim for and enough incentive for new players to keep playing without feeling frustrated they don't have the same advantage to those who have been on longer

Jakez123
04-15-2010, 08:48 PM
woa woa woa, they have sated that the system is more like halo 3 but they are using a "purer" version of the trueskill system, no they are not doing a cod, CR (Credits) is just used as currency and has no real influence on rank although completing challenges does (which give you CR but i gues its dependent like that)

Zerowind117
04-20-2010, 03:09 AM
Bungie has honed and refined each system with each game, I'm sure they'll do great with their last Halo title. I remember seeing how detailed everything was in Halo 3 compared to Halo 2 and thinking WOW, it sounds like it might do that again.I love the idea of credits and rank being separate. Sounds like there is going to be more than just "win = 1 xp, loss = no xp" this time which is great. I always thought that system was a little too basic.

Elit3 m0nkey
04-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Good 'cause I hate the system in Halo 3. Does not make any sense; (eg. I win 5 matches my skill doesn't go up, lose 1 match and my skill decreases. WTF?). This sounds better but I hope rank will still show how good you are. Unlike CoD where you could be lvl 70 10th prestige and still suck (and I am talking legit too)

Volzagia
04-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Awesome, I hope they keep the Icons though.