PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

Morbido
03-29-2010, 06:39 PM
First off, what are the number of kills needed to get the bronze, silver, gold and platinum stars for guns? For the Careful Guidence achievement do you need to kill the pilot? Because ive taken down two choppers and not got it, (the pilot bailed out, just before it was destroyed). Finally could somebody be kind enough to point out the levels with the stationary rocket launcher on, so I can try again. Cheers.

Kirbster117
03-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Bronze - 25
Silver - 50
Gold - 100
Platinum - 1000

I don't think I killed the pilot for the achievement

Best would be Isla Inocentes defending at the first base

rudeboyMACKA
03-29-2010, 07:35 PM
i think its about 25 for bronze, 50 for silver, 100 for gold and about 1000 for platinum. summit like that, but i may be wrong.

it tells you when you click on a weapon how many kills you need to the next star in your stats anyway.

OJR
03-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Agree with the statement about Isla Inocentes being good for Careful Guidance, but another tip is that it doesn't have to be a gunship that you shoot down, you can shoot a UAV down with a stationary RPG and get the achievement too. I got mine shooting a UAV while defending the first base on Port Valdez. A lot of UAV 'pilots' don't move about that much, making it a fairly straightforward shot.

Chuppernicus
03-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Lead the chopper, they can hear/detect the lock on(red box). Once the rocket gets going then aim at the chopper, its much harder to evade then. Most decent or good pilots can avoid a straight lock-on.

Press details on weapons to get more info. This has been talked about before too.

FiLtHy FoWl
03-30-2010, 11:59 AM
I believe for Careful Guidance you need to kill someone in the chopper and not just blow up the chopper itself so if someone bailed before it was blown up it would not count.

I got mine farely easily. In a match I took "the road less travelled" to the opposing teams base and hid until their chopper came back to base to be fixed and as it was landing I shot it down with an RPG and achievement popped.

guillermo316
03-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Bronze - 25
Silver - 50
Gold - 100
Platinum - 1000
that's it

Juneaux
03-30-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't think that is the case for everything. I have my heavy vehicle platinum star and I got it at 500ish kills. I think it is individual to each weapon or vehicle, with that list being more toward the individual weapons. I have gold star 2 with 101 knife kills. Gold star hand grenade is 50. ETC.

Morbido
03-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, just got the achievement. Now to work on those stars.

Natetendo83
03-30-2010, 06:41 PM
if you play Conquest on Atamaca Desert long enough some tool from the other team will try and steal your helicopter. I happened to have just spawned when that was about to happen one time and I just hopped on the Stationary AT and shot a rocket as they got in and the achievement unlocked (I should also point out that the wall next to the AT was blown up completely so I had a perfect line of sight to it, which is helpful)

OJR
03-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, just got the achievement. Now to work on those stars. Well done! Did you shoot down a gunship or a UAV?? ;)