PDA

View Full Version : OMG! total reset!!

Loopstahblue
03-29-2010, 09:16 PM
So I'm playing Battlantis to get the time played medal to get my 30 medals.

I finish the game and the achievements pop but the console freezes up.

I reset the console and am relieved to find that the achievements have registered. I restart Game Room and it says my file is corrupt and gives me the option of making a new one or returning to the title so I click to return to the title screen.

However it doesn't just return me to the fuckin title screen it also resets my entire arcade, all my medals and my level back to 1.

So now I've got to redo all my medals, thanks for that microsoft.

So a warning to anyone who also gets a corrupt arcade file for some reason, if you click return to title screen it will reset everything.

The only good thing is that I still have all my purchases.

Sooo annoyed right now.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-29-2010, 09:52 PM
thats micro for ya. its happended to me on a few games so stupid :@:@

Habilis_Orian
03-29-2010, 10:47 PM
The entire "Game Room" itself is full of glitches, luckily I haven't encountered this one yet.

Hopefully they'll patch it up soon.

Analgia
03-30-2010, 04:23 AM
I downloaded the GFWL version and it reset all my stuff :(

Vivi
03-30-2010, 04:34 AM
I already made a topic on this. Happened to me as well. However, my arcade data saved on both my harddrive and memory card. Loads fine on my memory card. And I didnt een choose to save data on my memory card. If you have a memory card and had it in, I suggest trying to load a save from that.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Just happened to my game room. Arcade got reset... o well i dont play it tbh,. But its not just you mate must be servers or summin

Psymox
03-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Since I first heard about people having this trouble I made a copy of my saved data. If I had to start again with some of these games i'd have some serious nerd rage :-p

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Best thing to do is what i do. Just make a double save

G Buckett
04-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Still happening, was just going for my 24th medal now i gotta get my 1st again. don't think I'll be playing this anymore.

cherryontop420
04-07-2010, 07:56 PM
why cant they make a game that works

FateFullAddict
04-16-2010, 07:12 PM
This happened to me yesterday, I was about to get my 30th medal (Time spender) not to mention level 8, 10 medals of time spender, and 10 medals of each type Achievements at the end of space hawk when i exit...Achievement unlocked - FREEZE. I freaked I was worried about the achievements messing up when i turned my xbox back on I saw them all and i was relieved. Then loaded up Game room Beeep Attention! your game room medal etc file is corrupted WTF!
I thought about it a few minutes and figured out what It meant Create new file means (create new save) It replaces the corrupt file with a new save when i pressed it everything was fine and i later got my 16 hour achievement so I can confirm by creating new file Its just a new save(:
I am sorry for everyone who pressed B to main menu :(

We need to get this in the road guide (somewhere) to save people from this(:

P.S - Microsoft does give us a chance to fix our corrupt data. Although I agree they need to fix this problem because the Create new file Is misleading.

x GrumpyNinja x
04-18-2010, 06:13 PM
ah damn it happened to me also. i was gunna play offline and it said i didnt have any games so i just figured it was becuz i was offline. nope not the case i went on live and everything was reset. i still have all my games n stuff. i had 36 medals. i had 16 games 15 of which were all complete in gold and i was 30 minutes or so away from getting the 4 hour medal in Shoa LIns Road. wtf why man why. o well looks like i gotta replay all these games. hahahaha so dissapointed. :confused::eek::confused: