PDA

View Full Version : Which RPG should I play next?

Tidus755
03-30-2010, 02:41 AM
I'm having a hard time deciding which RPG to play next in this list...

Suikoden Tierkreis
From the Abyss
Avalon Code
FF Crystal Chronicles (Ring of Fates or Echoes of time)
KH 358/2 days
Nostalgia
Phantasy Star Zero
Sands of Destruction
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
The World Ends With You

What do you guys think? :\ They all look kinda good lol

Goats
04-06-2010, 02:55 AM
I haven't played many of these, but The World Ends With You is awesome. You can't go wrong with this.

Tidus755
04-06-2010, 03:09 AM
I haven't played many of these, but The World Ends With You is awesome. You can't go wrong with this.

Thanks, it indeed looks like a good game.

I wonder if it's a hard one though? It seems difficult

Massa Siggy
04-06-2010, 03:10 AM
Shin Megami Tensei ^_^

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-06-2010, 03:16 AM
dont get kingdom hearts....although im a fan of all the other 3....this one just seemed really boring to me...I mean how many cutscenes of Popsicle eating can one person stand before they go crazy...Kingdom hearts 358/2 days will answer that

Goats
04-06-2010, 03:18 AM
Meh, TWEWY can be hard sometimes. I eventually got through it and overall had a really good time doing so.

Tidus755
04-06-2010, 03:56 AM
Shin Megami Tensei ^_^

Yeah I'm a Shin Megami Tensei fan but not too fond of Strategy RPG's. I like turn-based stuff because it's relaxing most of the time but SRPGS are just too slow-paced for me in general.

Does it have a story good enough for me to overlook the gameplay mechanics? :P

Massa Siggy
04-06-2010, 04:21 AM
I thought it did. Haha

Tidus755
04-06-2010, 04:29 AM
I thought it did. Haha

Any idea how long it takes to beat? Am I looking at a short or a long RPG (just completing the storyline, not 100%'ing it like getting all the demons Persona-style)

Massa Siggy
04-06-2010, 04:35 AM
Offhand I don't remember, but it took me a good while to complete it.

Tidus755
04-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Offhand I don't remember, but it took me a good while to complete it.

OK thanks a lot :)

TheEighthSage
04-07-2010, 03:18 AM
Definitely go with The World Ends With You. It's got a good story and has plenty of replay value.(As I said in another thread, some stuff you can't actually do until after you beat the game) As for it being too hard...you can scale the difficulty at just about any time(once you unlock the ability to change it, that is.) Getting all the Pins and collectibles will take you a rather large chunk of time, especially for the ones that you can only get through using "Mingle Mode."

If you don't want to go with that particular game, one I can recommend you avoid is Avalon Code. It's not that it's a "bad" game, it's just one of those titles that make you wonder just how much better it could've been if it had been in development for longer. The initial concept is cool, but the combat is repetitive and the "code" system is clunky as hell. If you do get it, I hope you have a good memory of where you place the code and a lot of patience, as there is no fast way to access that specific piece of code you need, you'll have to skim through most of it yourself.

I hope that helps a bit^^;

Tidus755
04-07-2010, 04:09 AM
Definitely go with The World Ends With You. It's got a good story and has plenty of replay value.(As I said in another thread, some stuff you can't actually do until after you beat the game) As for it being too hard...you can scale the difficulty at just about any time(once you unlock the ability to change it, that is.) Getting all the Pins and collectibles will take you a rather large chunk of time, especially for the ones that you can only get through using "Mingle Mode."

If you don't want to go with that particular game, one I can recommend you avoid is Avalon Code. It's not that it's a "bad" game, it's just one of those titles that make you wonder just how much better it could've been if it had been in development for longer. The initial concept is cool, but the combat is repetitive and the "code" system is clunky as hell. If you do get it, I hope you have a good memory of where you place the code and a lot of patience, as there is no fast way to access that specific piece of code you need, you'll have to skim through most of it yourself.

I hope that helps a bit^^;

That helps a lot :)

Yeah Avalon Code is not so much an option for me anymore, I checked a few videos of the gameplay and didn't appeal to me so much. :)

I got a deal of FF3 + FF tactics A2 + The world ends with you + a PS2 game for $40 so I will have some things to do for a while :)

I am still strongly considering Nostalgia and Sands of Destruction, not because I would play them as soon as I get them, but I have a feeling they might be harder to get in a few months...

DarkBigone
04-08-2010, 07:21 AM
I second playing TWEWY, the gameplay and the soundtrack are probably it's strongest points and one of the songs makes for a good ringtone

TheEighthSage
04-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Holy crap that was a good deal. Congrats! :D

And yes, TWEWY has a song that is eerily fitting. Damn, now it's stuck in my head xD

iBlessing 09
04-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Kingdom Hearts if you can stand the cutscenes.

BigDUnit
04-13-2010, 03:04 AM
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 was GREAT! It has an AMAZING Story and made me cry....

Tidus755
04-13-2010, 03:09 AM
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 was GREAT! It has an AMAZING Story and made me cry....

Really? I played it a little bit from a friend yesterday and it looked very repetitive and that comment about the ice cream cutscenes was true lol

As much as I love Kingdom Hearts, I don't know if I can handle this game and be mentally sane at the end.

Deyankees1
04-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Really? I played it a little bit from a friend yesterday and it looked very repetitive and that comment about the ice cream cutscenes was true lol

As much as I love Kingdom Hearts, I don't know if I can handle this game and be mentally sane at the end.

I'm playing through it right now and to be honest I love it. Yea the Popsicle thing is annoying but past that its a great game so far. Worth checking out if your a KH fan in general.

circus1776
05-15-2010, 07:28 AM
I would definitely recommend The World Ends With You to any DS owner. Not only is the story intricate and the characters fantastic, but the battle system is fantastically innovative and once you get the hang of it, it sucks you in quickly. I feel like it's one of the best DS games out there because it really utilizes all that the system has to offer, and even though it's difficult, it's not to an amazingly frustrating point? Just difficult enough to make things fun. I would just...yeah. Anyone who has been considering it, or even anyone who hasn't, definitely play TWEWY.

tacodude3
08-04-2010, 12:12 PM
world ends with you, avalon code...................BUT PLAY CHRONO TRIGGER IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!

Paka
02-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Well, for those looking for a good RPG still, Dragon Quest VI was just released-- it was the only one in the main series I had not played, but very good so far!

Also, Radiant Historia comes out on the 22nd... from what I've read, looks very interesting!

Yungblood774
01-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Fire emblem is a great game aswell!