PDA

View Full Version : This game doesn't look promising...

The Lovat Scout
03-30-2010, 04:14 AM
EDIT: So I decided to just go out and buy the game even though Gamefly is shipping it. It's payday, so who cares. Want to see what I thought? Page 3.

How unfortunate. I just recently saw the box cover for this game on gamefly.com and decided to look into it. After reading IGNs hands-on review, they seem to say it will be good. I actually do not have high hopes for this game at all. I think it will be as popular as the game "Legendary" on the 360.

Unfortunate, because I am a sniper to the core. My gamertag (and x360a name) says it all. It is sad that this will be a disgrace to all the true snipers.

If this game comes out in May and actually decides to kick all ass, then I will change my gamertag to "oneshittysniper"

A Cannibal Taco
04-03-2010, 07:08 AM
There's nothing out yet to make the game look bad, so I've got high hopes. Assuming they do a good job with the realism (i.e. bullet drop, wind, bullet penetration, etc.) this could be the best sniper game ever. Considering your CoD sig, I'm going to assume you're one of those people who thinks sniping involves putting cross-hairs on someones head and pulling the trigger. It is sad that people like you disgrace all the true snipers. Before you go off on a game saying it will be awful, try finding some evidence to prove your point. Everything released on this title points towards a realistic sniper game, one that any true sniper would appreciate. Thank you, try again later.

qu1ck2sh00t
04-06-2010, 11:04 AM
^What he said.

I'm a sniper as well but I love the realism in a shot from 1,000 meters away and you have to take into account bullet drop, wind, etc...

Mooney910
04-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I am looking forward to trying this game. My favorite missions from Call of Duty were the sniping ones and the long distance shot from the first one was great.

Here is the link for the IGN hands-on:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1078914p1.html

The Lovat Scout
04-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Considering your CoD sig, I'm going to assume you're one of those people who thinks sniping involves putting cross-hairs on someones head and pulling the trigger. It is sad that people like you disgrace all the true snipers. Before you go off on a game saying it will be awful, try finding some evidence to prove your point. Thank you, try again later.

Oh. Hi Taco. Yes, thank you for directly insulting me, you're awesome and definitely worthy of respect...chode. Please do not judge me by my...cod sig. Seriously, thats pathetic. So is Bad Company 2 make you a true (video game) sniper? What about Halo 3? No? Damn. And I don't know you, Sherlock (Taco), but I can tell you I know a lot more about the rifle a sniper carries than what wikipedia can tell you ("assuming" you use that for most of your information). Oh yeah, and Taco, you said "Before you go off on a game saying it will be awful, try finding some evidence to prove your point." Well...I told you in the first post I read the Hands-On review on IGN, sooo...is that not evidence? Why do you think gaming sites make reviews and publish them for the world to see? Christ man, chill out with all your damn hostility. I'm editing this because I replied from my phone earlier and the post had poor grammar and wasn't getting out everything I wanted to. So here it is.

This is being developed and published by City Interactive. A game company I've never ever heard of. Seeing from the trailer just released, I must say I am very impressed with the graphics of the game. It actually reminds me A LOT of the old military movie called "Sniper." The trailer has brought my hopes up from the dumps, but still, I won't expect the best until I've played it. I was just hoping for a well-known developer to make an "all-sniping game" first since most would trust their expertise and experience with the genre. Before the trailer (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/28782) I was disappointed that City Interactive was the first (maybe the only) developer to make this type of game, but now after watching it I am quite impressed. Nonetheless, I will wait until I have either watched a hand-on video, played the demo or tried the retail game.

I was simply stating my opinion of the game. And judging by the trailer of (actual gameplay" I didn't see the Sniper taking any bullet drop or wind speed into account when marking those targets with his crosshairs. I could be wrong though.

PS - Taco if you were offended by me saying you use wikipedia, sorry. That might have been a little over the top but saying I wasn't a "true" (video game) "sniper" because of my cod sig was just stupid.

qu1ck2sh00t
04-06-2010, 09:28 PM
^^^Pictures look great!!!

I didn't refresh the page, trailer looks absolutely sick! Could use some touching up on the details, the chopper looks like rubber....

HolidayBrick
04-06-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm hoping for a good sniper game this gen, but from City Interactive? damn... Their games (specifically FPS) average about a 3 or 4 out of 10 on reviews.

xdiamondxinfernox
04-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Oh. Hi Taco. Yes, thank you for directly insulting me, you're awesome and definitely worthy of respect...chode. Please do not judge me by my...cod sig. Seriously, thats pathetic. So is Bad Company 2 make you a true (video game) sniper? What about Halo 3? No? Damn. And I don't know you, Sherlock (Taco), but I can tell you I know a lot more about the rifle a sniper carries than what wikipedia can tell you ("assuming" you use that for most of your information). Oh yeah, and Taco, you said "Before you go off on a game saying it will be awful, try finding some evidence to prove your point." Well...I told you in the first post I read the Hands-On review on IGN, sooo...is that not evidence? Why do you think gaming sites make reviews and publish them for the world to see? Christ man, chill out with all your damn hostility. I'm editing this because I replied from my phone earlier and the post had poor grammar and wasn't getting out everything I wanted to. So here it is.

This is being developed and published by City Interactive. A game company I've never ever heard of. Seeing from the trailer just released, I must say I am very impressed with the graphics of the game. It actually reminds me A LOT of the old military movie called "Sniper." The trailer has brought my hopes up from the dumps, but still, I won't expect the best until I've played it. I was just hoping for a well-known developer to make an "all-sniping game" first since most would trust their expertise and experience with the genre. Before the trailer (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/28782) I was disappointed that City Interactive was the first (maybe the only) developer to make this type of game, but now after watching it I am quite impressed. Nonetheless, I will wait until I have either watched a hand-on video, played the demo or tried the retail game.

I was simply stating my opinion of the game. And judging by the trailer of (actual gameplay" I didn't see the Sniper taking any bullet drop or wind speed into account when marking those targets with his crosshairs. I could be wrong though.

PS - Taco if you were offended by me saying you use wikipedia, sorry. That might have been a little over the top but saying I wasn't a "true" (video game) "sniper" because of my cod sig was just stupid.

lol yu got too much time on yur hand buddy

The Lovat Scout
04-08-2010, 02:29 AM

Yeah, I was just trying to get my point across (and throw an insult back at Taco) and when I was done it looked like a typed up an effing essay. And yes, I switched my college hours to Tuesday Thursday so yeah I do have a bit more time. :D

By the way, since I'm kind of big on grammar/spelling, being an english minor...your sentence (if thats what you call it) could make me put a gun to your head :p

qu1ck2sh00t
04-13-2010, 07:36 AM
By the way, since I'm kind of big on grammar/spelling, being an english minor...your sentence (if thats what you call it) could make me put a gun to your head. :p

You forgot a period Mr. English Minor.

TitansWar
04-14-2010, 08:12 AM

You, personally, make me not want to play this game. Fuck you sound like a dick.

Drias
04-18-2010, 11:38 PM
I Full-Heartily agree with Lovat here. The trailer looks beautiful, but i didn't see any traces of the Coriolis Effect, Bullet Drop or Wind effect. I would have to say that without those three factors, (including not seeing a Wind Gauge to show where and how fast wind is blowing) that until i see actual hands-on gameplay footage where i can see it being played, this does not look like a promising, all-out, sniping game.

I love sniping, its in my blood. But to make a game like this without the three effects stated above, it'll just be some type of CoD Style game, but just sniping.

GhOsT I RiDeR
04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
^What he said.

I'm a sniper as well but I love the realism in a shot from 1,000 meters away and you have to take into account bullet drop, wind, etc...

Really? I didnt know 14 year olds could be snipers...

I'm 14 and weigh around 135lb. I'm going to the gym constantly and so far I'm looking more lean. If I were you I would be hitting the gym a lot more often than usual. Having muscle instead of fat is a good thing than just losing the fat.

The Lovat Scout
04-21-2010, 04:49 AM
I Full-Heartily agree with Lovat here. The trailer looks beautiful, but i didn't see any traces of the Coriolis Effect, Bullet Drop or Wind effect. I would have to say that without those three factors, (including not seeing a Wind Gauge to show where and how fast wind is blowing) that until i see actual hands-on gameplay footage where i can see it being played, this does not look like a promising, all-out, sniping game.

I love sniping, its in my blood. But to make a game like this without the three effects stated above, it'll just be some type of CoD Style game, but just sniping.

Nice to see someone agrees with me. Sorry but I just figured a company with a little more experience would do a good job.

Graphics look great but aside form that I don't see the real effects a sniper takes into account when in such given situation...
Really? I didnt know 14 year olds could be snipers...
lmao, nice find.

A Cannibal Taco
05-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Oh yeah, and Taco, you said "Before you go off on a game saying it will be awful, try finding some evidence to prove your point." Well...I told you in the first post I read the Hands-On review on IGN, sooo...is that not evidence?
You said the IGN thing said it looked good, so I'm not sure how you're using that as evidence to say it'll be bad :P
Christ man, chill out with all your damn hostility.But it's so much fun. :(

This is being developed and published by City Interactive. A game company I've never ever heard of. They all have to start somewhere. If nobody ever bought something made by an unknown company, nobody would ever buy anything.

I was just hoping for a well-known developer to make an "all-sniping game" first since most would trust their expertise and experience with the genre. No well known developer has the gonads to make it. Strategic, slow paced shooters aren't very popular. A developer isn't going to make a game that's going to only appeal to a small crowd, because the servers and advertisement will cost more than the profits from the game. (Like Sega dropping the ChromeHounds server and ChromeHounds 2 title; a great game with a loyal following of gamers, but too slow paced for most)

PS - Taco if you were offended by me saying you use wikipedia, sorry. That might have been a little over the top but saying I wasn't a "true" (video game) "sniper" because of my cod sig was just stupid. I am impossible to offend. And yeah, sorry about that, I'm just an ass by nature. Though you put in more effort than the usual "Fuck you man", so I guess you're not all that bad. :p

Chronic Comando
05-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Who cares if the game sucks, as long as the achievements are easily attainable, after all isn't that why we're on this particular website.

If you want an "A Game" then get a Tom Clancy or Infinity Ward Game.
Otherwise quite the whining about how bad a game looks before sufficent knowledge about it is available, and focus on achievements. ;)

P.S. Chromehounds Was one of the best online games EVER!!!

GameMstr18
05-09-2010, 06:07 AM
^What he said.

Ya that is a game i have yet to see is a hardcore sniping game where u have to make calculations on the field in order to play and not just aim and shoot freely

GhOsT SLaYeR
05-10-2010, 01:28 AM
What's the history of the company.For all you know the workers on it could be from big name companies.

But game looks ok (from trailer), I'm definitively going to rent it. Buy on the other hand, we will see.

Elite Scion
05-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Personally if this game plays as well as we feel it should I will pick it up.

KIDDRAGON67
05-13-2010, 07:46 AM
This game would also need gore, depending on the sniper if i shot someones foot I'd expect it to come off, the person is on the ground in agonizing pain, bloody gushing out and his squad to become aware of your presence.

This game has a lot of potential and hopefully it pulls off an awesome SP campaign.

ravenruler
05-14-2010, 12:20 AM
I am kinda looking forward to this game, even if it is from city interactive that doesn't have a great name after seeing the latest trailers my hopes are up.

I just hope it will come out in the netherlands, because i cant find it yet in the online stores (Pre-order). Time will tell. It would be nice to have a good sniping game for xbox360.

TALINKINMAN
05-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Haha lovat r pwn taco n taco like Wtf I nose stuff butt den lovat like u noob SQEEKER

Just wanted to sum up The argument above. For the people that didn't wanna read for an hour lovat type to much taco r studied kid

Glashoop
05-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Enjoy a fully realistic ballistic system that accounts for distance falloff and environmental effects such as wind
Manage your breathing for increased accuracy of sniper shots
Cooperate with your spotter for a better performance
Watch your bullets strike the enemy with pin-point accuracy in Bullet Cam mode
The most realistic and comprehensive sniper shooting experience ever! Tune your weapon, use the information provided by the spotter, check the force and direction of the wind, hold your breath, all in one goal - to improve the accuracy!
Huge levels giving many opportunities for a sniper: find a perfect shooting point, and make sure that no one notices you!
Incredibly detailed landscapes that will give you a realistic feeling of being in the jungles of Columbia

This is what i found on a english website where u can pre order the game!!! Hope its true!!!!

A 0 E monkey
05-29-2010, 01:18 AM
Hopefully this will be amazing, I do alot of target shooting of various sorts outside of games and I am also working on a physics degree so I would be very interested in a game which incorporates a "proper" sniping system (I actually wrote a paper on bullet effects last year, tehe)

The description in the post above ^ sounds great but from the trailer on the dashoard I didn't see anyything in terms of bullet drop, admittidly the distances there it would be hard to see much, but there was nothing. There was no spin on the bullet in the bullet cam and no visible "roll" from the poisson effect which is a shame.

As for someone mentioning the coriolos "force" at those disntances it would be so unnoticable that you wouldn't see anything. Even for a shot from the maximum usable range of a rifle of that calibur, at the optimal place on earth (i.e. where the "force" would be so apparant, the maximum distance from point of shooting would be around 50cm, which is nothing in comparison to wind and bullet drop, and this is at the range where the bullet would be oscillating so much that it would be doubtful to even kill depending on body part.

Finally a rifle of that calibur would cause the bullets to penetrate the skull entirely, however I clearly saw the person in the trailer have to shoot twice for 2 people, one behind the other :( Oh and the stance is a big nono and I didn't see a spotter in the trailer...

And to all you COD/halo/bf2 whatever haters, they're games people, to enjoy, to not have to worry about these things, they don't say perfectly realistic on the box or anything. Go do some shooting in real life and to all the people who think they are good will get a major shock! haha.

Anyways since this says its realistic lets hope it is, if not, I'm going to take it for the game it is, get some achievements and enjoy. At least the graphics are decent.

fludstud09
05-29-2010, 04:19 AM
I personally think this will be a SOLID game. In the 7-8/10 range. It is selling for only 40 so I am not expecting too much.

theo
05-29-2010, 05:03 AM
(I actually wrote a paper on bullet effects last year, tehe)

Interesting, can I downlad your paper somewhere?
I haven't seen this game in the shops yet.
Hope it comes out in the Netherlands.

DOOKH8R
05-29-2010, 05:15 AM
I personally think this will be a SOLID game. In the 7-8/10 range. It is selling for only 40 so I am not expecting too much.

Yeah, I also never expect to much from the "budget category" games. Can't be any worse than Jurassic:The Hunted though.

Field calculations for cold bore shots, factoring in the Coriolis effect, wind speed/direction, and humidity changes over spans would be seriously badass.

Glashoop
05-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Interesting, can I downlad your paper somewhere?
I haven't seen this game in the shops yet.
Hope it comes out in the Netherlands.

u van always order it in tje UK Theo, much cheaper then paying 50% more then in the shops in the Netherlands!!

Spanish Assault
06-03-2010, 10:33 PM
game looks like it has some promise...as long as there aren't too many online achivevements I might get this...love sniper games.

Denisu47
06-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm thinking the trailer is set up to appeal to the most people possible and therefor probably doesn't show the science stuff of the game.
I'm pretty sure that it would be smarter marketingwise to show people headshot with the crosshair on the head instead of showing you're aiming NorthEast of the intended target.
They might underestimate their target audience but if the random CoD player will see a trailer in which the aim in not on the target they might think the game is broken.
Also the IGN preview mentioned there would be an easy mode, so if you look back at how Sniper Elite on XBX, PS2 and PC did it you had:

Easy: aiming was as simple as putting the crosshair on the target
Normal: account for distance and gravity so you had to aim a bit above the target
Hard: you had to account for both gravity and wind so every shot could be unique to the last time you were on that specific spot in the level taking out that specific target.
The shame of Sniper Elite was the drawing distance sometimes I knew an enemy would be somewhere but unless you were at least a a certain distance you would not see the enemy.

Oh and for the dutch guys yeah as far as I've seen it the only place to order it right now is at Play.com for 38 euro's.
I'm still pondering of ordering it since I hardly ever pre-order games and usually wait a bit.
For example I wanted to pre-order Alpha Protocol but it appears the game is not as polished as I'd would like it to be, I'll probably still buy it but will at least wait untill it drops down a bit in price like I did with Saboteur, Yakuza, Tenchu Shadow Assassins and Velvet Assassin just to name a few.

StumpyDan360
06-06-2010, 11:03 PM
the first one was ok.. but idk about this one...

grz3siek
06-07-2010, 02:35 PM
There's no bullet drop in trailers, because they show gameplay on easy difficulty. As someone stated before for higher difficulties there will be more realistic gameplay.

syckrhythm
06-09-2010, 08:13 PM
This game looks very promising, I enjoy sniping and having to be sneaky, so i give this game a thumbs up

S33k666D3STR0Y
06-09-2010, 09:42 PM
maybe when this game comes out we will see a reduction in campers in CoD:MW2 and BF:BC2...

one can only hope ;)

Cpl Mettelus
06-09-2010, 09:54 PM
maybe when this game comes out we will see a reduction in campers in CoD:MW2 and BF:BC2...

one can only hope ;)

ah if only life were so simple..

but this game looks cool. i wouldn't expect it to be 100% realitic, because.. well it takes quite a while to train to be a sniper.. people don't like games that are too difficult, so it'll include some cool effects but not everything. Im probably gonna buy it cus even if its not Amazing, it's not full price

FlUuFy MeLOon
06-09-2010, 10:12 PM
I might get this when i comes out. I think it looks quite good.

jamie1000013
06-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Who cares if the game sucks, as long as the achievements are easily attainable, after all isn't that why we're on this particular website.

If you want an "A Game" then get a Tom Clancy or Infinity Ward Game.
Otherwise quite the whining about how bad a game looks before sufficent knowledge about it is available, and focus on achievements. ;)

doesn't look like it:

Supplier of the Death 90G
Kill 2000 people.(Multiplayer)

lol but does look good online plus wierdly when it comes out it will be 30 pound maybe that tells you something or not.

WailingGlobe
06-10-2010, 07:20 AM
1,000 meters away and you have to take into account bullet drop, wind, etc...

Almost positive that's a direct quote out of the movie sniper.

Enjoy a fully realistic ballistic system that accounts for distance falloff and environmental effects such as wind
Manage your breathing for increased accuracy of sniper shots
Cooperate with your spotter for a better performance
Watch your bullets strike the enemy with pin-point accuracy in Bullet Cam mode
The most realistic and comprehensive sniper shooting experience ever! Tune your weapon, use the information provided by the spotter, check the force and direction of the wind, hold your breath, all in one goal - to improve the accuracy!
Huge levels giving many opportunities for a sniper: find a perfect shooting point, and make sure that no one notices you!
Incredibly detailed landscapes that will give you a realistic feeling of being in the jungles of Columbia

Used your quote because I haven't read about the game just see trailers. Thanks for the info.

If a company were to make a game like this the game itself would only be bought by a select devoted snipers because it would be slow paced and take a lot more effort in taking a sniper shot then most people want. The average person doesn't want to have to think to snipe just aim cross-hairs and get the kill. So the company that makes a sniping game will always be new and the company itself will be doomed to fail if they start with this game and not a pre-established and popular title. So I would expect the game to be like every other sniper because the companies do research on what sells before making a game and they won't make something that the majority of people won't buy. If they do make it realistic it will be stupid because they'll have to give you wind speed, distance from you to target and other factors that you can't physically see in a video game. Then they'll teach you how to make shots and it won't involve actual knowledge in sniping just memorizing the information they give you. If you want to enjoy real sniping put down the Xbox controller, turn off the t.v. and go to a shooting range because I don't see any game being as real as shooting a real rifle. Just my opinion not trying to offend anyone.

guillermo316
06-10-2010, 12:10 PM
for me sinper multiplayer is a must buy for me, even if isnt that good i will take a chance,

xAcCeSs DeNiEd
06-10-2010, 01:15 PM
from what i have seen the game will be about 6-8 hours long, it will be very repetitive, the mechanics and game play will be out of touch with other games and the multi-player should be taken out because it won't work instead should be co-op campaign to make it more worthwhile. I hope it gets good reviews because you don't see many games like this probably average around 6-8 by critics. If I did buy this game it would be on reviews and feedback but for me the multi-player and the length of the SP will be the deciding factor when the game does come out.

xdiamondxinfernox
06-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I was just trying to get my point across (and throw an insult back at Taco) and when I was done it looked like a typed up an effing essay. And yes, I switched my college hours to Tuesday Thursday so yeah I do have a bit more time. :D

By the way, since I'm kind of big on grammar/spelling, being an english minor...your sentence (if thats what you call it) could make me put a gun to your head :p

sounds like a party:drunktoo bad your not invited...

:chair= you

MediumMelanin
06-10-2010, 05:04 PM
I've seen this video that makes the game look promising, although I've only seen it in YouTube...

And I haven't seen hype for it...

Takamura Bear
06-11-2010, 02:52 AM
It don't look that bad. Nothing new of course, but it looks fun. I think there's a lack of sniper-only games on consoles these days, so it's nice addition to the market.

I love me sniping. :drunk

jamie1000013
06-11-2010, 03:25 PM
It don't look that bad. Nothing new of course, but it looks fun. I think there's a lack of sniper-only games on consoles these days, so it's nice addition to the market.

I love me sniping. :drunk
I know this is unrelated and sorry for that but what is your signature about lol. Is it a part of a film with people's heads been put in. If so who are the people?

Sorry but I have been wandering about this since I was born lol

codename76
06-11-2010, 11:52 PM
It's likely this game will tank. The multiplayer achievements are mainly based on kills. Including one that indicates 2000 kills - unless your dedicated to game I don't think a lot of people will get that. And will probably rotate back to top 10 XBL games.

SuperstarDJ2084
06-13-2010, 12:42 AM
The game looks good but i don't think it has much replay too it.

d00gler
06-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Unless you can be other classes in multiplayer beside sniper, I don't know what kind of incredible elements they would need to add to make it enjoyable enough to play this game long enough to achieve 2000 kills. People will crawl the entire map and the maps would need to be very large to accommodate that many snipers. Multiplayer could be the most tedious grind ever. Single player sniper missions in FPS games are always fun, so hopefully this game will have a great story and solid gameplay to overcome potentially bad multiplayer.

snipingheadshot
06-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Unless you can be other classes in multiplayer beside sniper, I don't know what kind of incredible elements they would need to add to make it enjoyable enough to play this game long enough to achieve 2000 kills. People will crawl the entire map and the maps would need to be very large to accommodate that many snipers. Multiplayer could be the most tedious grind ever. Single player sniper missions in FPS games are always fun, so hopefully this game will have a great story and solid gameplay to overcome potentially bad multiplayer.

If it's anything like Sniper Elite, I'm not saying it is, then it will be all snipers with a small amount of class customization.

Rkokiller91
06-14-2010, 07:34 AM
I think this game will be okay but not BAD. Doubt i would buy it, but maybe a Rental

Chef Not Chief
06-17-2010, 03:19 AM
Really? I didnt know 14 year olds could be snipers... Ha Ha, I love it. Don't you know, just because you can do something in a video game, means you can do it in the real world? One time I played Madden, and now, I am a professional football player :)

syckrhythm
06-17-2010, 06:02 PM
jebus... I don't get why there is so much hate over a game that isn't even out yet

plus, just because IGN, or anyone for that matter, has played the game and writes a "bad" review about it, does not mean that the game is bad. that is their personal opinion, and yes, it can be taken into consideration when purchasing a new game, but I've played tons of games that have had bad reviews and I still thought they were good. it's just all about personal opinion.

acurate bob
06-19-2010, 09:59 AM
To all of youi who think there isint any game like this, your wrong.

Sniper: Elite was released on PC, Xbox and Playstation 2(boo lol).

Was what everybody wants Sniper: Ghost Warrior to be.
Only it was based near the end of the second world war.
Sniper Elite was awarded "Best PC/Console Game" in the TIGA Awards of 2005.

Gravity, wind jeez even the rain altered the trajectory of the bullet.

Bullet cam with a clean headshot too, ace game.

So there is no reason why Sniper Ghost Warrior would instantly fail.
Has it being done yes, but, importantly, it was a sucess.

snipingheadshot
06-19-2010, 01:55 PM

You too buddy! LOL

OT: Sniper Elite was amazing, and maybe some people here are expecting this game to be as good or even better, but we have seen through some gameplay videos that that is not the case. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like the player will have to compensate for drop or wind.

Extreme Washing Machine
06-19-2010, 07:53 PM
The review looks good. day one buy I hope!:)

7ofDiamonds
06-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Reading this just made my day.
Anyways, I think it looks pretty good from what I saw....but I haven't seen a lot of footage. While the price is low, you never know, it could be a sleeper hit...

Sniper Ted666
06-21-2010, 09:04 PM
i am hoping this game is at least half as good as SniperElite for the original xbox

Blah 2k
06-21-2010, 09:10 PM
My favorite missions from Call of Duty were the sniping ones

Ya know, there are other games besides Cock of Doody that have sniping missions... Just sayin ;)

danksch
06-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Got my copy today so I quickly share my first impressions.

Straight away - compared to what I've seen in the trailer the actual game is bollocks. Horrible controls, ugly graphics (especially the fact that it looks extremely contrastless and colorless, even on easy where the game highlights the enemies red its quite hard to spot them), and, most annoying of all, unfair A.I. that pretty much denies any Sniper-Predator-atmosphere.
I'm no technique-whore and expect every game to look and control like CoD, as long as the gameplay's fine, I'm fine. Especially if it's something about snipers, jeez, I got sniping in my blood, and that's why I'm actually so mad at the developers for failing so hard.

As a sniper, I want to feel like a true predator thats hunting his pray with cunning efficency (canny behavior and tactics assumed), but this game doenst reward anything, even worse, I actually found out that you are way more succesful just rushing through it with your pistol, and thats mostly because they spot you before you can even see them while you are _hiding_ in the bushes!
The title says Ghost Warrior - smell the irony ?
I tested Hard and Easy difficulty, and the bullshit is the same, so you cant blame the settings for it.

I just finished Act I and after the two first levels if im not mistaken, the game even forgets its title and gives you an M4 instead of a sniper and it really drops down to the level of uber-standard-ugly-egos-shooters; quite frankly Shellshock 2 came to my mind, also because of the glitchy controls and muddy optics.

Even with my love for sniping and all its glory - occasional bullet cam cant save this game from being utter trash. If I dont feel like a sniper while playing it, it's cleary a major fail.

I briefly tested multiplayer and it looks really simplistic, there's no experience-leveling system nor anything similar, just 3 modes with 3 maps so far.
Plus, correct me if im wrong, but online the game loses its simulation touch, it's aim and win.
Oh, and as far as I realized, the achievements only count for ranked matches.

D x NICE
06-23-2010, 08:33 PM
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/D+x+NICE.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/D+x+NICE)

Takamura Bear
06-24-2010, 02:38 AM
The game is a load of bollocks then? I suppose the cheap price was a dead giveaway. >_>

Ministry999
06-24-2010, 12:13 PM
i bought it too... the game sucks xDD its not worth the 40 i paid for it... really sad xDD

lam47
06-24-2010, 01:46 PM
So you can shoot a man at 200 feet but you can't get yourself out of 2 foot of water and onto dry land? Silly sniper.
It is really bad. Everything about it is well bellow your average shooter.

danksch
06-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Thing I love most about the multiplayer is the way you can permanently see enemies on your radar. That's really....ghostish....sniperish....ehm..yup.

Drewc11879
06-26-2010, 04:10 PM
This game looks decent and I think the achievements aren't too bad except for the multiplayer ones. Even if its bad, those playing it for points aren't gonna care as they have probably played worse and it's retailing for only 39.99 so that should tell you it's not gonna be as great as say BF or COD. Just play it enjoy it and talk about the acheeves or moments in the game that were so bad/horrible it was funny.

lam47
06-26-2010, 04:19 PM
I just finished this game. It has the funniest ending I ever.
I wont say anything in case it spoils it.

Xenolith666
06-28-2010, 08:09 AM
The only thing keeping me from Gameflying this is the multiplayer.. for those that have played it (since it isn't out in the US yet), how is the multiplayer community? Is there even one? Basically, are you struggling to find matches, and or boosting parties. What's the minimum to start an online match? Thanx!

Hoebagger
06-28-2010, 07:24 PM
^What he said.

Talking about being a sniper in real life?

boogalooshrimp74
06-29-2010, 10:42 PM
this game probably wont be for everyone, instead off running around and killing everything, it more of a sit and wait kinda thing.
just downloaded it, and been playing for an hour, its pretty cool..
so far the only thing that is kind of lame is the grappling hook. huh?
and the control and animations for the grappling hook suck..

graphics are pretty sharp, tons of jungle detail.

A Cow
06-30-2010, 02:00 AM
do you guys suggest this game? :confused:

Dz06lt
06-30-2010, 02:04 AM
perhaps they knew it would be bad hence the 39.99 price tag

A Cow
06-30-2010, 01:53 PM
perhaps they knew it would be bad hence the 39.99 price tag
a 39.99 price tag doesnt mean its going to be bad, just means that its a new game and they want people to buy it , and see if theres enough people who like it to buy the second one .

NYC Elite
06-30-2010, 06:37 PM
a 39.99 price tag doesnt mean its going to be bad, just means that its a new game and they want people to buy it , and see if theres enough people who like it to buy the second one .

Lol no... it means it's a budget game with not enough content to be worth the full $60, but still high enough of a price to provide some profit to the company if enough people are suckered in by flashy trailers and fabricated game details.

Dz06lt
07-01-2010, 12:50 AM

Lol no... it means it's a budget game with not enough content to be worth the full $60, but still high enough of a price to provide some profit to the company if enough people are suckered in by flashy trailers and fabricated game details.

Yep thats it, plenty of shitty terrible games got the full pricepoint

The Lovat Scout
07-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Called it since the day it was announced.

NYC Elite
07-01-2010, 03:45 AM

Ohh... another "I told you so." Please, that's like bragging to your friends about how you "predicted rain" after watching the weather than morning and saw the meteorologist reports of 70% chance rain and thunderstorms.

Joel2211
07-01-2010, 04:16 AM
I like the game so far and the best part about it is that it cost 40 bucks. not the best looking game but at least the developers did not charge 60 bucks for it.

xDAx AWESOME
07-01-2010, 10:03 AM
It's really not bad, despite some of the people in here.

To the idiot person who originally posted this: Don't say "I told you so" when you haven't even played it. It's a troll thing to do and makes you the name I originally called you.

For those interested, it's not great, but it's not bad either. It's better than a lot of other shooters that have come out at $60, and for $40 you are pretty much getting what you should expect - a decent shooter that gets right to the point.

The campaign is decent so far. You shoot people in the head and it goes into bullet tracing mode which shows people get owned. Pretty cool. Whoever talked about spotting issues is just running around too much. You CAN go prone, and you are expected to. You have to account for heart-rate, breath, and wind. It works most of the time, I haven't played enough to say how accurate it is, so keep that in mind. The grappling hook thing is really dumb, but when it helps get you to good sniper spots it's forgivable. If you like sniping missions and aren't expecting to be playing Call of Duty, the campaign is alright.

As for multiplayer, bear with it. It's incredibly frustrating at first because it takes a few of the harder elements out of the game completely, and it's a more typical "aim and shoot". Heart-rate still matters, and the scope bounces around. Holding your breath makes a more accurate shot, and so on. It's very bare bones, with only three game modes, with different maps depending on game mode... however, they are well put together. I'd actually say this is quite a nice change of pace. You join a match, find a good sniper spot, and own people. No perks, no class upgrades and customizing, just good old shooting.

The downfall is the radar. A little circle shows up as each player and gives you a direction. It doesn't give you height or depth, but it makes it a bit easy. I have noticed that sometimes it's welcome. It can be extremely boring to just camp for 20 minutes and only shoot one person, so it gives you a vague idea of where to look. You shouldn't show up at all times.

Also, screw any one of you that runs around with a pistol and grenades. You make it less fun.

HairyLambchops7
07-01-2010, 03:52 PM
You are right. The people that don't like it probably played it for roughly one game, died 8 times in a row and quit. I like it because it isnt just a run around with noobtube/OMA and getting triple kills. You really have a right to judge a game that you haven't even played, sir. You aren't even one of the people that got killed 8 times in a row. You haven't even played it therefore your opinion does not matter in any way, shape, or form.

guillermo316
07-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Renting it today, its awsome, i watched many MP videos and i think its awsome!

MT Greyson
07-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Sorry, I had to register just to add my 2 cents to this thread.

I got the game today, played it for about 5 hours, and it is terrible. It is the worst shooter I've played on the 360. I love first person shooters, I love sniper games, but this is just terrible.

Single player is a horrible unimaginative railroad shooter where you only take ONE proper sniper shot for the first three levels. ONE!!! I mean come on, sniper is in the title, you'd think it they'd base it more about... you know... SNIPING!!!

Multiplayer is worthless. Just crap. Three maps, three modes, all bullshit. What's the point of being a stealthy sniper if your position is constantly updated on the enemy radar? What's the point of taking cover if the game constantly keeps that blade of grass 3 inches from your face in focus, but your crosshair target blurry? How about the ability to hit a charging enemy 4 TIMES (blood and everything) with a SNIPER RIFLE and still have him stab you to death? I know, many will probably say 'ur just a shit shot noob' and that may be so, but that doesn't stop this game being utter crap.

The developers took an idea that could have made a really special and unique game, and then shat all over it. I'm genuinely offended that they duped me into buying it.

The Lovat Scout
07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Ohh... another "I told you so." Please, that's like bragging to your friends about how you "predicted rain" after watching the weather than morning and saw the meteorologist reports of 70% chance rain and thunderstorms.

This is nothing at all like predicting rain after seeing a 70% chance. Are you kidding me? IGN was making it sound lke a great game. And did you see all the comments after my OP? They were all bashing the hell out of me. I deserve to say I told you so for DAMN sure after all that.

Personally, I still have not played this game. I play all the sniping Black Ops in the MW2 Special Ops mode, and all the levels in both MW1 and MW2. I snipe in every game and I do a lot of actual research on sniper rifles. Not wikipedia research like you kids these days.

Judging by the comments from people who have played the game, it seems like it is exactly as I predicted. But I have put it in my Q for Gamefly and its on its way. We shall see...

The Lovat Scout
07-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Played the game for about two hours. How is it? Pretty bad. Does it have even an ounce of goodness in it? Sure, a few things of course. But is it worth the buy? No. Why? Because you'll likely NEVER play it again, that is if you even finish it all the way through.

The rope/grappling hook is horrid. With no directions on how to get your player to slide down the rope, it leaves you dangling from a tree branch. While dangling, you can either get shot at and die, or risk pressing different buttons, which in turn cause you to fall ot your death and start aalllll the way over. Lovely!

The environment graphics are good, but shadows and player models are NOT. I'm scared to death to even look into my characters eyes because they're so creepy. Shadows are very pixelated.

MUCH more often than not, enemies will be looking in a different direction and their guns will even be pointing elsewhere, yet the bullets still come right at you. Can actually be a little entertaining watching some guy looking directly at the sky and still shot you, I'll admit I laughed out loud.

Hiding in the game isn't anything like training. In training, you have rookies walking all over your body trying to find you while prone in shady tall grass. In the actual game, enemies will find you after a very VERY short while. Trust me, I'm not doing anything wrong, they simply just stare and STARE until they see you, or they randomly turn around from about 130 meters and shoot you. I don't know if its because tey were rookies or if the game was designed so the rookie AIs wouldnt find you.

Bullet drop and wind speed is, uuuh, hit or miss, literally. You kind of have a 50% chance of hitting your target, even if you judge the speed of the wind and how far you are from the target and bullet drop. At the beginning of the game I would take my time each shot. Now, if I don't get it the first sot I just spam. Hardly any recoil so why not. Good sniper simulator, right?

Listening to people over the radio channel is frustrating to hear what they're saying. I haven't checked if you can turn subtitles on, but I'm not being drastic or exaggerating, its ridiculous.

Hard difficulty is hard. Thats a plus.

I have been one of the unfortunate souls to get stuck in the water up by the concrete ramp on the One Shot One Kill level (first level). Very stupid how you can't get out of it and have to revert to last checkpoint.

MP isn't thriving, though it isn't completely dead. Try back in a month? Close to dead. Three months? DEAD.

The entire first 15 minutes reminded me so much of call of duty it was annoying.

The feel of the game feels very loose and not as tight as other shooters might be. (very opinionated)

Grenades might as well not be in the game. Heres something fun to do though. Through a grenade directly at a wall standing right in front of it and see what happens. Don't try it on a rock wall.

I don't know. I really tried to enjoy and kept thinking maybe I was thinking it sucked so much because thats just what I had predicted and felt like I needed to live up to my word. But in all honesty, this really really isn't worth the buy. And I can't see anyone really enjoying this as a rental either. Or at least not playing for the entire rental period. The game I think is just what I thought. It's just a bad game, the graphics are great, the sniping is NOTHING new. They took everythign from Call of Duty sniping missions. And DON'T say every game takes something form another game. I know that. But Call of Duty thought of a lot of those things off the top of their head, where no ther game had done it before. Difference? They were creative. City Interactive is literally not being creative at all. They just took the Call of Duty sniping missions and made it into an entire game. But without Call of Dutys greatness.

If you rent this game, have very low expectations. That way, you might end up liking it...for the first hour, if that. Thats my take on the game. I'm going to drag myself into playing it for a little longer to see if I can bear with it and get some more achievements out of it. Other than that I'm definitely returning it.

xAcCeSs DeNiEd
07-03-2010, 12:06 AM
nice summary/review there lovat.

I was trying to find some sort of defense for the game but you were right most of what you said.

I agree the online will die out in a few months and eventually the game itself will die out soon after.

It's a shame i was looking forward to this a lot and was really disappointed with game, the game had potential but failed to deliver.

I also recommend rent.