PDA

View Full Version : Missable Achievements?

ColdP1zza
03-30-2010, 07:17 AM
So I want to get the full 1000G on this game, and I'd like to do it in 1 playthrough or as little playthroughs as possible. Without giving spoilers, are there any achievements that are missable?

Joshymitsu
03-30-2010, 01:12 PM
The only achievements you can miss are the karma based ones. You must reach level 8 as good/evil/neutral level 14 as good/evil/neutral and level 20 as good/evil/neutral. The only way to do all these in 1 play through is to save your game just before each level. I'll explain:

Get your character to level 7, save your game. Kill innocent people until your nearly level 8 and save again. This should leave you just below level 8 with evil karma. Level up and you get the evil achievement. Load your game so your just under level 8 again, go to megaton and donate money to the children of the atom, do this until your karma is neutral, then level up and you have neutral achievement. Load game once more and this time donate money until you have good karma, level up and you have good achievement. When your done you can load you game back to when you reached level 7 (before you killed innocents) and then your free to play your character however you want.

The above process needs to be done at level 7, level 13 and level 19.

Other than that you can get all the other achievements when ever you want. If you want any help with any other achievements then read the guide or message me, I know a lot about the game ;)

Hope this helps :p

The Contender X
03-30-2010, 05:56 PM
The only achievements you can miss are the karma based ones. You must reach level 8 as good/evil/neutral level 14 as good/evil/neutral and level 20 as good/evil/neutral. The only way to do all these in 1 play through is to save your game just before each level. I'll explain:

Get your character to level 7, save your game. Kill innocent people until your nearly level 8 and save again. This should leave you just below level 8 with evil karma. Level up and you get the evil achievement. Load your game so your just under level 8 again, go to megaton and donate money to the children of the atom, do this until your karma is neutral, then level up and you have neutral achievement. Load game once more and this time donate money until you have good karma, level up and you have good achievement. When your done you can load you game back to when you reached level 7 (before you killed innocents) and then your free to play your character however you want.

The above process needs to be done at level 7, level 13 and level 19.

Other than that you can get all the other achievements when ever you want. If you want any help with any other achievements then read the guide or message me, I know a lot about the game ;)

Hope this helps :p

What about the bobbleheads?

I swear there's one in the vault you start in, but you can't go back to it once you leave the vault. I think there's another one somewhere but can't really remember.

R3vengeance
03-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Would the super mutant killing one be missable as well? I went to a spot where one of them spawns and found raiders. Does this mean the super mutant may not pop up again?

big red marino
03-30-2010, 06:55 PM
What about the bobbleheads?

I swear there's one in the vault you start in, but you can't go back to it once you leave the vault. I think there's another one somewhere but can't really remember.

The one in the vault you can get later as you are able to return there in an optional quest. The bobblehead you cannot return to is one of the later ones you are able to get really late in the main quest.

xbfrittsox360
03-30-2010, 08:12 PM
this doesn't exactly meet the definition of a missable achievement, but i screwed up majorly so i'm going to warn you so you don't do the same, although i doubt you will.

in the quest "head of state", the final part to it will be to battle the slavers at lincoln memorial. you have the option to tell Hannibal Hamlin to wait while you clear the salvers or you ask for his help. so tell him to wait! i made the mistake of asking for his help and then saving right after that. because then he just runs full force at the slavers and gets owned in 5 seconds, resulting in a failed quest and no achievement.

so two lessons here: clear the slavers out yourself and keep more than one save :)

besides this most achievements really aren't that missable besides what people have posted above.

Joshymitsu
03-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Yes of course I didn't realise, there are two missable bobble heads. In vault 101 you have two chances to get the medicine bobblehead from your dads office, the 1st is when you start in the vault and the second is when you revisit it for the trouble on the homefront quest. The second bobble head you can miss is in raven rock, this is during the main quest line and it is the energy weapons bobble head, make sure you get it before you leave raven rock, 1 chance only. In regards to your question about the super mutants, they will always be in their respective locations, so the 1 that attacked you will still be there.

OMG I GOT SHOT
03-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Yes of course I didn't realise, there are two missable bobble heads. In vault 101 you have two chances to get the medicine bobblehead from your dads office, the 1st is when you start in the vault and the second is when you revisit it for the trouble on the homefront quest. The second bobble head you can miss is in raven rock, this is during the main quest line and it is the energy weapons bobble head, make sure you get it before you leave raven rock, 1 chance only. In regards to your question about the super mutants, they will always be in their respective locations, so the 1 that attacked you will still be there. The one in Megaton in the Sheriff's house is miss-able if you blow up Megaton.

McGoogles
03-31-2010, 12:01 AM
This thread will mention all the quests that are missable, and what you can do to prevent yourself from missing it. Scroll to the bottom of it to see the quests.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=200594

There are three missables bobbleheads, about 7 missable quests, and the karma achievements.

vgfanatic1
03-31-2010, 12:06 AM
Yes of course I didn't realise, there are two missable bobble heads. In vault 101 you have two chances to get the medicine bobblehead from your dads office, the 1st is when you start in the vault and the second is when you revisit it for the trouble on the homefront quest. The second bobble head you can miss is in raven rock, this is during the main quest line and it is the energy weapons bobble head, make sure you get it before you leave raven rock, 1 chance only. In regards to your question about the super mutants, they will always be in their respective locations, so the 1 that attacked you will still be there.

In addition to these, there is also 1 dlc achievement (not sure if you're going for these) called Alien Archivest. You need to collect the audio diaries throughout the dlc. Since Mothership Zeta was so terrible, the devs blocked off most of it after you finish the storyline, making sure we wouldn't have to sit through the torment again that came with playing through it the first time.
In their act of kindness, they overlooked the achievement whores such as ourselves, and their plan backfired, since people like myself have to go through the dlc...again. :(

NubXL
04-02-2010, 03:55 AM
There are 3 potentially "missable" bobbleheads. The one in Vault 101, the one in Raven Rock, and the one in Megaton, should you choose the bad karma path before grabbing it.

Barad
04-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Pretty much all of them are missbale unless you make a save every 10 minutes :/