PDA

View Full Version : Got any tips for the "Battlantis" and "Road Fighter" Gold Point Buster

MACdanstaface
03-30-2010, 01:18 PM
I know this is something I'll eventually end up getting, but just curious to see if anyone has any tips that could help me go faster.

Especially the battlantis one, since level 3's boss gets real crazy real fast...

Alypso
03-30-2010, 01:24 PM
have much trouble with both games.

Battlantis: cannot kill level 3 boss and endup wit 35.000
Road Fighter: 65.000 - 75.000 points. every game.

Loopstahblue
03-30-2010, 02:32 PM
The level 3 boss is just a case of practice. Try on casual a few times until you get the hang of the pattern and can dodge his shots regularly. Another useful trick is making sure you grab a powerup before you kill the last normal enemy as that can help you kill it much quicker.

heinstach
03-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Road Fighter: The trick for high scoring is to keep grabbing the rainbow colored cars (that also provide you with a little bit of fuel).

If you don't crash, the score for each car will increase.

I believe the values are 500 - 1.000 - 2.000 - 3.000 - 4.000 - 5.000 - 10.000 and 10.000 for all cars from here. If you crash, the value will reset to 500.

Simply ignore getting past "dangerous" cars (the points do not count as much as the rainbow cars) and don't drive at full speed if you feel there's a risk that you might crash.

Furthermore, watch the replays of the top scorers on the leaderboard.

Alypso
03-30-2010, 03:40 PM
thank you for tips. will try this tonight.

halfiepint
03-30-2010, 04:06 PM
What I hadn't figured out was, you start out with the green button but once you reach 192mph, you have to switch to the red button and it goes faster... hope that helps

TheSwordUser
03-30-2010, 07:23 PM
I could give a few tips for Road fighter.
1. Collect the fuel (bonus) cars. Every collected bonus car will give you more and more points. 300 -> 500 -> 1000 -> 2000 -> 3000 -> 4000 -> 5000 -> 10000, in that order, with 10000 being maximum you can gain. When you crash or miss if by passing it, the bonus resets back to 300. You can of course miss it if you, lets say, hit the oil puddle and started to spin till you stopped (but didn't crash) and the bonus car was in front of you and simply went too far away and disappeard. That doesn't count as a loss though so don't worry. BTW, collecting all of the Bonus cars (4) in the section will grant you an extra 3000 pts bonus, regardless if you crashed in midway or not.

2. Don't drive aggresively. If you see there's a lot of red cars or yellow cars with big windshield (these tend to change the lanes to the ones you're on), let off both A and B buttons and you'll brake and then try to overtake them slowly, so just in case you're gonna bump into the cars you won't crash (unless there's a truck or a manhole nearby..). This is especially important on sections 2,4 and 5 with absurdly narrow roads (3 lines on 2nd and 5th, 2 sections with 2 on 4th) and a lot of corners (2 and 5). Just let go the acceleration on the corners and after you overtake a car, push the pedal to the metal.

3. Don't crash. If you're gonna go for long enough without crashing, you'll get some "fly by" bonuses, each worth 3000 points. See above how to avoid crashing.

4. Remember the layout. Stages are all the same and are not randomly generated, all the bonus cars are spawned in the same fragments of the sections, on the same lanes. Stuff like trucks, oil puddles or manholes are mostly the same everywhere (with exception of section 6 with oil puddles spawning on the same lane you're on...even on the very last stretch) , but the more laps you'll complete, the more trucks you might encounter..so, watch out.
As an extra tip, I can say, avoid 2nd line to the left on the bridge on 3rd section because manhole tends to spawn out of nowhere...also avoid middle lane in stage 5 while taking corners in the second half of the stage because boulder tends to spawn there.

Seraphim Lloyd
03-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Road fighter is very simple all you need to do is just get to full speed at the start then you will boost but you will need to let go of the boost and boost again and repeat for the rest of the game. Dont know why but doing this puts almost no obstacles on the tracks and you wont have to worry about fuel so long as you grab all the ones on the road. If you want to see an example just watch the highest ranked person on the leaderboards as that is what I did. Easiest way to get all gold on this game guaranteed.

Joey Longshot
03-31-2010, 01:30 AM
Road fighter is very simple all you need to do is just get to full speed at the start then you will boost but you will need to let go of the boost and boost again and repeat for the rest of the game. Dont know why but doing this puts almost no obstacles on the tracks and you wont have to worry about fuel so long as you grab all the ones on the road. If you want to see an example just watch the highest ranked person on the leaderboards as that is what I did. Easiest way to get all gold on this game guaranteed.

Sweet! Worked like a charm. Thanks man.

Alypso
03-31-2010, 05:33 AM
thank you so much. i got 130k on ROAD FIGHTER last night. now i'm working for Battlantis and Asteroids.

segs gsi
04-02-2010, 01:39 PM
thanks for that,i had checked the highscore replays and noticed that there were hardly any cars on the track,thought it was some sort of hack but didn't know that's what u had to do i will give it a shot later.got over 100000 twice on challenges but hey that don't count towards medals

MACdanstaface
04-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the road fighter tip - worked great and got it.

Just need more practice on Battlantis...

Edit: I found an easier way to get the 50,000 on Battlantis - but it won't get you in the Konami hall of fame...

Try to have a good score at the end of the 1st level (for ex. 12,000+ The max I ever got was 14,700) so you can have an extra life by the end of lvl 2. then, at the last 4 "monsters" (not quite sure what they're supposed to be...), kill 3 then let them kill you. Each dude is worth 2,000 points. Repeat until you're on your last life, then kill the 4 monsters and start lvl 3. If things worked out well, you should hit 50,000 before the lvl 3 boss ever shows up (I've actually never managed to beat him on Ranked)