PDA

View Full Version : Can you top this Metal Slam/Breakdown??

Joker0fLife
03-31-2010, 04:32 AM
YouTube- By Blood And Iron The Infernal Offering

It starts at 3:00 when he says "GO!" but the whole song is just as sick as a Grizzly Bears poophole (Deal with it). If you know of any songs or bands that can top this, post them. I just can't see it happening.....

Sidenotes:

I've never seen anyone rock a keyboard as hard as carrot top does in this video :p He takes that bitch on ONE LEG, THAT'S JUST BR00000000000TAL!
Also, Dinosaur Stomping is a new concept to me.
The vocalist almost hits his head on the ground. That is pure head banging.
The guitarist on the right Spartan Kicks, which makes up for his lack of movement.
The drummer is probably a woman beater, seeing as how he treats his drumset.

Massa Siggy
03-31-2010, 04:37 AM
Damn, I dunno. I've got a few in mind that are breaktastic.

Don't like BMTH, but this song is mediocre
YouTube- BMTH Bring me the Horizon - 'Pray for Plagues' Official Video

There's some breakage in there somewhere:
YouTube- August Burns Red - Speech Impediment

My fears have become breakdowns :p
YouTube- As Blood Runs Black - "My Fears Have Become Phobias"

That's my bid.

Oh yeah, for teh lulz. We Butter the Bread With Butter.
YouTube- Metal's Slowest Breakdown

Volzagia
04-02-2010, 12:53 AM
YouTube- Pantera - Domination HIGH QUALITY (Studio version W/ lyrics)

3:50 onward

Gorilla Stomper
04-02-2010, 03:05 AM
YouTube- The ACACIA STRAIN - Angry Mob Justice

Pretty much anything by The Acacia Strain... Or Ingested.

hopesfall2win
04-02-2010, 03:26 AM
The intro, and then at 2:40

YouTube- Hopesfall The End of an Era

2:25 it starts

YouTube- Hopesfall - Open Hands To The Wind

Schism
04-02-2010, 03:44 AM
YouTube- As I Lay Dying - 94 Hours they pretty gooood. not much into hardcore music though... :/ gimme some good bands? my friend suggested "Iwrestledabearonce" i hated it beyond hate >:I YouTube- Chapter V: The Walls Bled Lust (ft. Nick of Tera Melos) - The Fall of Troy yessssss >:D YouTube- The Mars Volta - Goliath 5:40 onward...O_O the people there where like WTF? buwhahah

Massa Siggy
04-02-2010, 03:51 AM
gimme some good bands?
Try Between the Buried and Me, they're beyond amazing.
YouTube- Between the Buried and Me - "Alaska" Victory Records

And while they're not totally metalcore, listen to Protest The Hero. They are modern gods IMO.
YouTube- Protest The Hero - Sequoia Throne

YouTube- The Mars Volta - Goliath (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPvCz2xuVJo) 5:40 onward...O_O the people there where like WTF? buwhahah
I. Love. The Mars Volta. I would kill to see them live.

hopesfall2win
04-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Fuck, how could I forget Waitress..

Starts at 2:18 and changes a couple times

YouTube- Hopesfall - Waitress

HacksawDoomx187
04-02-2010, 05:47 AM
I'm going to have to second Gorilla Stomper, just about anything by The Acacia Strain is great.

I'm also glad to see Between the Buried and Me and Protest the Hero getting some recognition.

One of my personal favorites would have to be Your Demise - The Blood Stays on the Blade. It starts at about 2:00.
YouTube- Your Demise-The Blood Stays On The Blade

I'm not going to post any others but as far as breakdowns go, After the Burial, Architects(UK), Between the Buried and Me, Molotov Solution, Your Demise, and plenty of others are pretty damn good. Personally, I'm much more of a fan of Mathcore when it comes to metal though, and I'm not going to bother with getting into that.

Mayhem Released
04-03-2010, 12:33 AM
My bet is probably this breakdown starting around 3:02 after the vocalist says "Retribution"

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/41LfmT6bD9E&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/41LfmT6bD9E&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

If the Embedding doesn't work: YouTube- GOD FORBID - War Of Attrition (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Smoochy
04-03-2010, 02:19 AM
One of my personal favorites would have to be Your Demise - The Blood Stays on the Blade. It starts at about 2:00.
YouTube- Your Demise-The Blood Stays On The Blade (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5SRG4pd5oU)
Good man. Your Demise is fucking awesome.

A few more:

(Starts at 2:24)
YouTube- Liferuiner - xSuck My Dickx

(Starts at 2:17)
YouTube- Hand Of Mercy CHUMP

(Starts at 3:26)
YouTube- elysia - incinerate

(Starts at 1:34)
YouTube- HeavyHeavyLowLow- Tell Shannon Her Crafts Are Ready

Bunbox360
04-05-2010, 02:15 AM
Two words....Parkway Drive.
1:07; will blow your tits off.

YouTube- "Unrest" NEW SONG - Parkway Drive Crocodile Rock 9/27/09

Joker0fLife
04-05-2010, 03:44 AM
I think that As Blood Runs Black song and the new Parkway Drive above me (would probably be heavier on the studio recording) are just as good as what I posted. All good bands and songs nonetheless, I liked the LifeRuiner - Suck My Dick song the most:p

Here's another slam/breakdown I find to be brutal as well starting at 3:17
YouTube- Suffokate - Holiness is next to Filthiness (NEW SONG!) HQ

because Bunbox360 brung up Parkway drive, here's my favorite breakdowns from them

Starting at 1:40
YouTube- Romance Is Dead - Parkway Drive

Starting at 0:18
YouTube- Parkway Drive - Boneyards

From the beginning
YouTube- Dead Man's Chest - Parkway Drive

Starting at 0:05
YouTube- Parkway Drive - 5 Guns For Show Knives For A Pro

Bunbox360
04-05-2010, 03:58 AM
The breakdown from Boneyards could quite possibly be my favorite ever.

Joker0fLife
04-05-2010, 04:10 AM
The breakdown from Boneyards could quite possibly be my favorite ever.

hahaha true, but I put Romance is Dead above it only because that songs lyrics strikes a chord in me;)

Bunbox360
04-05-2010, 03:21 PM
hahaha true, but I put Romance is Dead above it only because that songs lyrics strikes a chord in me;)

Romance is Dead was the first song I heard by them and I was instantly hooked. I'm so amped for the new record.

Neverender
04-06-2010, 01:23 AM
This one is pretty good. They even got the keyboard to sound like turntables. Starts @ 5:40.
YouTube- Dream Theater - The Glass Prison (live)