PDA

View Full Version : Fallout dlc play order

vodo316
03-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi just a quick question i started playing fallout and been hooked and am wanting to start playing the DLC i only have enough MS points to buy 3 of them atm so is there a set order in which i should get them or does it not really matter?

True I Skill
03-31-2010, 02:36 PM
Doesnt matter, none of the story lines are Linked, They are all seprate quests. It just depends on what Items you want first, If you havent got Brotherhood of Steel i say you should get that As it increases the Level cap, after that you can play the quests Randomly in whatever order you like.

OA and the Pitt are the easyest tho, Mothership zeta i struggled with and then gave up and loaded an old save to level up and try it another time, and Point look-out i've seen alot of people say its the hardest.

xbfrittsox360
03-31-2010, 03:22 PM
doesn't Broken Steel pick up where the end of the main quests left off? which is why you have to actually beat the game before you can access those quests. Besides that, the other DLCs don't relate in any way and are their own unique thing so you just buy them on preference. I'd recommend Point Lookout, Broken Steel, and The Pitt if you can only buy 3 at the moment.

OMG I GOT SHOT
03-31-2010, 04:06 PM
Play Operation Anchorage first when you have the chance and when you're a high enough level, beating it allows you to get power armor earlier in the game. The order of the rest of the DLC depends on you but like stated earlier, Broken Steel only picks up after beating the main story but raises the level cap.

OldBayFries
03-31-2010, 04:15 PM
If I were you I would get Broken Steel (for the raised level cap to 30) ,Point Lookout and The Pitt (so you can make your own ammo) But its entirely up to you. Broken Steel is a must though IMO for the raised level cap

BrandAid1138
04-01-2010, 02:42 PM
i have the game of the year edition (which has all the dlc's) and i'm currently at level 21 (almost 22) and i have not finished the main quests in the game (i'm 3rd quest from the end-searching for the garden of eden). i have finished all side-quests (except for wasteland survival guide and 2 others that i couldn't because certain people got killed).

the only dlc i have done so far is mothership zeta (which was tough, but well worth it weapons-wise, once completed). started that one around level 14 or 15. I'm gonna play operation: anchorage next and then the pitt.

Ozbaab
04-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Too bad you missed last weeks deal of the week :( 400MSP / DLC

NubXL
04-02-2010, 03:53 AM
Don't think it really matters all that much. The only one tied to the main story is Broken Steel, but like someone else said, there's a benefit to playing Anchorage early. You can wear Power Armor early without progressing to the point in the main story where you obtain the ability to wear it.