PDA

View Full Version : Road Fighter Survivalist Time Problems?

Gacys Clown
03-31-2010, 06:36 PM
I was sitting here testing some things on Road Fighter and came across the following:

If you don't even race, even though the game clock shows about 2:16 of play, the clock on the Survivalist medal will only show 55 seconds.

If you just press the acceleration real quick once the game starts and then just sit there, the game clock will be a little shorter than previously, but the Survivalist medal will clock you at anywhere from 1:08 to 1:10.

If you race just a little ways into the track, then just sit there, the game clock will end somewhere around 2:10, but the Survivalist clock will be anywhere from 1:30 to 1:45???

I think the in-game timer is faster than real time, but that doesn't really explain the random Survivalist times it will give you, especially when a SHORTER game gets you a LONGER Survivalist time.

TheSwordUser
03-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Yes, if standing still or simply going forward, the clock in-game is faster than in real life HOWEVER, I've noticed that the clock in game actually slows down when you bump into other cars or hit oil puddle and start sliding (same goes for crashing). Maybe that's the case?

Skimask
03-31-2010, 10:13 PM
This medal is simple enough without using any tricks. Just go slow and avoid crashing and you won't have to worry about the crappy timer.

Gacys Clown
04-03-2010, 01:36 PM
This medal is simple enough without using any tricks. Just go slow and avoid crashing and you won't have to worry about the crappy timer.

You totally missed the point of the post. It was just an observation of how the in game timer and Survivalist timer don't really match up. And on top of that, you can get a much higher Survivalist time playing a SHORTER game, which makes no sense at all.

halfiepint
04-03-2010, 02:19 PM
if you spend the entire time on low gear, you will NOT get a survivalist medal because you time out before 3 minutes which is the lowest survivalist medal

Gacys Clown
04-03-2010, 06:00 PM
if you spend the entire time on low gear, you will NOT get a survivalist medal because you time out before 3 minutes which is the lowest survivalist medal

Another person not understanding the post...or feels like stating what was obviously posted in the first post.

Is reading comprehension a foreign thing these days?

I wasn't looking for any tricks or anything to get Survivalist. I was just pointing out how the timers are different and really don't make sense in their execution.

halfiepint
04-04-2010, 03:56 PM
I was actually responding to this: "This medal is simple enough without using any tricks. Just go slow and avoid crashing and you won't have to worry about the crappy timer."

In that sense, my reading comprehension was just fine, thank you.

linktriforce007
04-04-2010, 04:32 PM
I was actually responding to this: "This medal is simple enough without using any tricks. Just go slow and avoid crashing and you won't have to worry about the crappy timer."

I can use some tricks, please? ^^

Gacys Clown
04-05-2010, 07:25 PM

My bad, man. Long day that day. Usually people quote what their referring to if it's not the original topic. It's all good, dude.

linktriforce007
04-05-2010, 07:33 PM
My bad, man. Long day that day. Usually people quote what their referring to if it's not the original topic. It's all good, dude.

Yeah. I kinda got confused too. Lol.

Btw, Is your GT based off of John Wayne Gacy, the serial killer of Illinois?

Gacys Clown
04-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah. I kinda got confused too. Lol.

Btw, Is your GT based off of John Wayne Gacy, the serial killer of Illinois?

Yeah, it was actually an old fantasy football team name I had a long time ago (Gacy's Clowns). I just shortened it for this.

linktriforce007
04-06-2010, 01:43 AM
Yeah, it was actually an old fantasy football team name I had a long time ago (Gacy's Clowns). I just shortened it for this.

Oops. My bad. Lol.