PDA

View Full Version : Question about "Fancy Arcade" Achievement

MACdanstaface
03-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Did anybody get this achievement or do the math to know what level you need to be to unlock it?
I've seen there are some themes that unlock after level 20 (one is at level 40), but since it's not even possible to get to lvl 20 with the available games,

I'm just wondering what level I'd need to be to unlock that chievo. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thx

Alypso
03-31-2010, 10:59 PM
Did anybody get this achievement or do the math to know what level you need to be to unlock it?
I've seen there are some themes that unlock after level 20 (one is at level 40), but since it's not even possible to get to lvl 20 with the available games,

I'm just wondering what level I'd need to be to unlock that chievo. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thx

i think microsoft has hidden the real costs to reach 1000 GS at the GAME ROOM in that FANCY ARCADE achievement.

you will still need 12 different unique designs for your own arcade-room, but at the moment there are only 11 available. i know that some people have that achievement now, but that must be a cheat.

ok, lets say microsoft spend us a 12th unique design for free next month, you must reach level 40 (780 medal points) to catch the last design.

that will mean that you must have 156 medals in gold:

52 Games X 3 Medals = 156 Medals
156 Medals X 5 Gold Points = 780 Medal Points
780 Medal Points = Level 40

in other words you must buy minimum 52 games for 240 msp each for total of 12.480 MSP. but only if you are a good player and make all your medals golden.

some people would say, that you don't need to buy the games because you can rent sessions for 40 MSP each to got gold medals. thats right, but only interesting for superior players.

B8TINGU
04-01-2010, 07:49 AM
OMG!!! I think I hate this consept now.... BTW great job on the points math.. I'm jsut sorry I actually had to read that!

chriscutis
04-01-2010, 01:03 PM
The generic rooms count. You just can only have one instance of each theme. So you can get Fancy Arcade at level 12. I tested this with a silver on my console, the four generics were unique, the Konami was unique, and I filled the rest with the Atari theme, and the five theme cheeve unlocked for that gamertag.

Alypso
04-01-2010, 01:45 PM
The generic rooms count. You just can only have one instance of each theme. So you can get Fancy Arcade at level 12. I tested this with a silver on my console, the four generics were unique, the Konami was unique, and I filled the rest with the Atari theme, and the five theme cheeve unlocked for that gamertag.

sorry, but that does not work for me. i am at level 14 now and tested that a few times.

after read you comment i created a silver account and did what you say, but nothing happened.

can anyone test it too and confirm me or you ?

Psymox
04-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Can we request videos for games? I would like to see:

Battlatis
Super Cobra
Scramble

heinstach
04-01-2010, 03:36 PM

It does NOT work at level 12. The generic themes do not count as 4 unique themes - at least not for the Fancy Arcade achievement.

linktriforce007
04-01-2010, 04:50 PM
just checked. It does NOT work. I just hit level 12...I was so excited. =(

Horrible Fate
04-18-2010, 04:34 AM

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the Theme Filler achievement...

Skode
04-20-2010, 02:28 AM
i think microsoft has hidden the real costs to reach 1000 GS at the GAME ROOM in that FANCY ARCADE achievement.

you will still need 12 different unique designs for your own arcade-room, but at the moment there are only 11 available. i know that some people have that achievement now, but that must be a cheat.

ok, lets say microsoft spend us a 12th unique design for free next month, you must reach level 40 (780 medal points) to catch the last design.

that will mean that you must have 156 medals in gold:

52 Games X 3 Medals = 156 Medals
156 Medals X 5 Gold Points = 780 Medal Points
780 Medal Points = Level 40

in other words you must buy minimum 52 games for 240 msp each for total of 12.480 MSP. but only if you are a good player and make all your medals golden.

some people would say, that you don't need to buy the games because you can rent sessions for 40 MSP each to got gold medals. thats right, but only interesting for superior players.

Orrrrrrr you can play the patient game - i presume that there will be more that a solitary new theme with upcoming free game pack downloads, there is every chance everyone can get this achievement for free as long as they keep downloading the game packs on a weekly basis ;)